Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ape Has Killed Ape
Sep 15, 2005

Please stop arguing with MisterBibs, a man so incredibly dumb he nearly died trying to eat a hot dog on two separate occasions.

Anyway, I really enjoyed Finding Dory, but for some reason the Sigourney Weaver voiceover just annoyed the crap out of me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

Alopex posted:

That's why you strap ghost chiles all over your body as a defensive measure, like all proper fantasy adventurers do

This is always the answer.

Ape Has Killed Ape posted:

Please stop arguing with MisterBibs, a man so incredibly dumb he nearly died trying to eat a hot dog on two separate occasions.

Anyway, I really enjoyed Finding Dory, but for some reason the Sigourney Weaver voiceover just annoyed the crap out of me.

I turned it off at that point and watched Alien.

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO has a new favorite as of 05:48 on Feb 17, 2017

Decorus
Aug 26, 2015

Alopex posted:

That's why you strap ghost chiles all over your body as a defensive measure, like all proper fantasy adventurers do

Birds can't taste capsaicin. You might as well slather yourself with honey.

You need to improve your Knowledge: Useless Trivia.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

snergle posted:

Thats why I thought she was deaf to no one speaks to her just signs. If her character is deaf its dumb as she is suppose to be on the level of cassian who was close to wick in skill by her position of body guarding a council member. being a deaf assassin is going to be a huge hindrance. But there is nothing wrong with a mute assassin.

I said this earlier but John wick is basically a fantasy world where stuff like that isn't an issue. I'd believe that yeah maybe it was a hindrance but she proved she kicks rear end anyway.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Since this is the John Wick thread now this video should fit. The directors of John Wick sat down with the Honest Trailers people and nitpicked each other.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DNQJE8eHjw&t=644s

Mu Zeta has a new favorite as of 07:55 on Feb 17, 2017

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
John Wick is basically the philosophical opposite of Mr Bibs, since it leaves something to the imagination and also headshots everyone instead of leaving them to die of hot dog poisoning.

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Decorus posted:

Not useless if you're trying to make a good bird feeder.

Also, Chile is a country

Shai-Hulud
Jul 10, 2008

But it feels so right!
Lipstick Apathy
Saw Hacksaw Ridge and got irrationally annoyed by how every time someone was on fire you could clearly see their fireproof suit including gloves and helmet/facemask.
I mean its better than to much CGI but it was a bit to obvious.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

The dismembered torso shield was irrationally awesome

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
When people are in some kind of life or death situation and have to run to safety and they repeatedly stop and look at the thing about to kill them like "oh god" and have to be shoved along by the other person/people. The specific example I'm thinking of is Deepwater Horizon where Mark Wahlberg and the lady need to climb higher to jump over the fire and she keeps freezing at every stair level. The longer you wait the more likely you are to die.

It's irrational because I know a lot of people freeze in situations like that but when you see it on a movie you can't help but be like "come ON already".

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Bar Crow posted:

Peter Jackson's King Kong: The Video Game had a better story than Peter Jackson's King Kong.

No it didn't you punk.

The film would have been amazing as the world's most expensive miniseries.

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

What was the point of the Joseph Conrad quoting in that movie?

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

the horror... the horror of Kong Island savages I guess

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Alopex posted:

Why didn't Gandalf just call up those loving eagles from the start instead of dragging people around mountains and mines and losing hobbits all over?

Because the eagles would steal the one ring and try and rule the world.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

Slime posted:

Because the eagles would steal the one ring and try and rule the world.

Let Frodo ride one, that obviously works because no horse ever tried to steal the one ring

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Piell posted:

Let Frodo ride one, that obviously works because no horse ever tried to steal the one ring

Horses don't have sentience. The eagles in LotR are of (at least) equal intelligence with the men, dwarves, elves, etc.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Archers probably wreck the eagle plan more than "the eagles might eat Frodo".

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

RBA Starblade posted:

Flying the ring in on birdback would be a good idea in a world where archers didn't exist.

Birds can fly pretty high

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Alopex posted:

Why didn't Gandalf just call up those loving eagles from the start instead of dragging people around mountains and mines and losing hobbits all over?
Its very likely they wouldn't have come. The only eagle that directly shows up when Gandalf calls is Gwaihir and he only shows up to save Gandalf (and friends if Gandalf is with them). The rest only show up in ways that are usually not directly consequential to the events of Middle Earth because they're an angel-analogue who aren't really supposed to directly interfere. So they show up after the major events to help clean up or rescue the worthy but don't really directly interfere. For instance, they show up to drive Morgoth away from Fingolfin's body after Fingolfin is already dead instead of just dive-bombing Morgoth during the fight when it might have made a difference. Also, without the massive distraction of Aragorn acting like he'd claimed the Ring for himself and marching on the Teeth, its very likely they'd just have been stopped by the Nine mid-air. The Eagles are one of those creatures that are probably highly visible magically so if they're flying for Mordor en masse, Sauron is going to know about it. And he's got a bunch of archers and Fellbeasts and poo poo.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Also dragons or whatever those Ring Wraths rode. I never made it all the way through the books, but I imagine that the Wraths or at least the one with the dragon are based out of the same area as Sauron's eye. They'd probably get taken down fairly easy, and it was probably too risky.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
Would the ring even stay on a bird claw finger?

Anyway, in "31", if they only sent out new clowns after the previous one(s) died, why not just hold one captive (like they had the sex one) until the 12 hours are up? I guess they could just send in another if they caught on to what they're doing, but they could have at least tried.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Piell posted:

Birds can fly pretty high

Unless they're going to just barrel roll Frodo into the volcano they have to descend at some point. :v:

RBA Starblade has a new favorite as of 15:16 on Feb 17, 2017

Alopex
May 31, 2012

This is the sleeve I have chosen.

Decorus posted:

I'm learning so much good stuff in this thread.

What if you slathered yourself in barbecue sauce, thereby obligating them to go to the volcano and cook you first?

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

yeah I eat rear end posted:

Would the ring even stay on a bird claw finger?

Anyway, in "31", if they only sent out new clowns after the previous one(s) died, why not just hold one captive (like they had the sex one) until the 12 hours are up? I guess they could just send in another if they caught on to what they're doing, but they could have at least tried.

I've learned not to ask questions about Rob Zombie films. That way lies madness.

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!

rydiafan posted:

Horses don't have sentience.

Are LOTR horses some sort of robot?

Polyseme
Sep 6, 2009

GROUCH DIVISION

Gromit posted:

Are LOTR horses some sort of robot?

Fantasy horses are robots, yes. Well established fact.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
Gandalf's horse, Shadowfax, is pretty high up there in intelligence, though, because he is descended from a breed of super horses just like the eagles are super eagles. And also like the eagles, he doesn't really care about anybody but Gandalf.

Bar Crow
Oct 10, 2012

Polyseme posted:

Fantasy horses are robots, yes. Well established fact.

Poor ol' Freckles, divided by zero and died.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Schubalts posted:

Gandalf's horse, Shadowfax, is pretty high up there in intelligence, though, because he is descended from a breed of super horses just like the eagles are super eagles. And also like the eagles, he doesn't really care about anybody but Gandalf.

I had the Return of the King Top Trumps set and can confirm that Shadowfax had higher intelligence points than Gimli. :v:

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe
why would you ever fly with the ring when your enemy is a giant eyeball in the sky? that's just dumb.

Taeke
Feb 2, 2010

Bar Crow posted:

Poor ol' Freckles, divided by zero and died.

:v:

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Elfgames posted:

why would you ever fly with the ring when your enemy is a giant eyeball in the sky? that's just dumb.

:aaa:

In John Wick Chapter 2 there were end credits and the movie didn't continue to John Wick Chapter 3.

Polaron
Oct 13, 2010

The Oncoming Storm
An actual small thing that annoyed me about John Wick Chapter 2:

For a society as rules-obsessed as the assassins and the High Table seem to be, you'd think there'd be something about not putting out a hit on the guy whose marker you just called in. A friend of mine pointed out that it may be viewed as a self-correcting issue but it still seemed strange to me.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Something that kind of bugged me about The Lego Batman Movie is how they use the real characters for a lot of villains but then did a knock off Godzilla

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

MariusLecter posted:

In John Wick Chapter 2 there were end credits and the movie didn't continue to John Wick Chapter 3.

My actual IIMM with John Wick 2 was that they didn't end it just a bit earlier.

I thought the perfect ending moment was cutting right after Winston said "Of course you will!" and then we get a title card that says "John Wick will return." The running away part could have gone after the credits.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

muscles like this! posted:

Something that kind of bugged me about The Lego Batman Movie is how they use the real characters for a lot of villains but then did a knock off Godzilla

I think it's based on which licenses Lego has. They have Lego Harry Potter, so they can use that magic guy. They have Doctor Who, so Daleks.

I don't think there's any Godzilla Lego set.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

MisterBibs posted:

I think it's based on which licenses Lego has. They have Lego Harry Potter, so they can use that magic guy. They have Doctor Who, so Daleks.

I don't think there's any Godzilla Lego set.

And why the gently caress not? Destructible lego buildings!

parque bynch
Mar 12, 2004

R.I.P. Side-Scrolling Link: we hardly knew ye...
I think it's a Kraken and not supposed to be a Godzilla knock off.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
Gandalf didn't summon the eagles for the ring because the eagles are sick to loving poo poo of being called upon every time some idiot man does something stupid. Oh no, some human insect found a cursed ring that summons the end of times! Call the eagles! Oh no, some human rear end in a top hat found a possessed bidet seat cover, call the eagles!

They only saved Gandalf the one time because he's the only one in Middle Earth who has the wifi password.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Giant intelligent eagles capable of talk and plans and emotions and stuff.

Do you think they still just take a poo poo anywhere like other birds?