Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
Tfw you ask people a question in hopes of finding a new game and find out you're such a nerd you already know about all the games people know about in that genre potentially suggesting you know them all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ewen Cluney
May 8, 2012

Ask me about
Japanese elfgames!

Alien Rope Burn posted:

Shinobigami is interesting so far of what I've read and played of the alpha version, though the final version isn't out yet. It's modern ninja but you could probably move it over to a historical setting with little effort.
I'm not sure what Andy and Matt are planning to do in the way of supplements, but for the Japanese version there are book for the Sengoku and Heian eras, and also... pro wrestling?

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

Does that mean I don't get the job?

MadScientistWorking posted:

Having seen what they have done on top of this no.... Zak is the least of that companies issues and that is trying to downplay Zak at all. You know who you shouldn't put at the forefront of your promotional material willingly? A child rapist.

Well I mean yeah there's not much that can top what Edward Kramer did but that doesn't take away from the fact that Zakkie-boy is human trash and that in the age of the internet there's no excuse for people to hire him as a writer.

He's also impersonating Shannon on Reddit and it's pretty :laffo: all around.

https://twitter.com/Appelcline/status/832345425336164352

P.d0t
Dec 27, 2007
I released my finger from the trigger, and then it was over...

Plutonis posted:

Someone make a setting about an underworld full of assassins who use gold doubloons to get their equipment or hang out on assassin hotels.

:yeah: I saw that movie yesterday :hfive:

Ominous Jazz
Jun 15, 2011

Big D is chillin' over here
Wasteland style

P.d0t posted:

:yeah: I saw that movie yesterday :hfive:

I just got back from that, can confirm it's very dope

Darth Various
Oct 23, 2010

Helical Nightmares posted:

Saw this on drivethrough. Anyone read/played it?

I haven't, but it's been out in Swedish for a while already and there's a thread on the Big Purple Forum where random Swedes answer questions.

Arabian Nights in space, similar system to Mutant: Year Zero and the upcoming Tales from the Loop game.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/machineiv/status/832477423899783168

Ettin and Alien Rope Burn, you guys are all right for wading into that.

Ratpick
Oct 9, 2012

And no one ate dinner that night.

gradenko_2000 posted:

Holy poo poo this owns

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

"I'm the boss of space. That's plenty."

Ratpick posted:

Holy poo poo this owns

What a piece of poo poo.

Ratpick
Oct 9, 2012

Sion posted:

What a piece of poo poo.

Just so there's no confusion: I don't think Zak sockpuppeting and harrassing people on the internet owns, I think the fact that he was caught in the act owns.

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

Ratpick posted:

Just so there's no confusion: I don't think Zak sockpuppeting and harrassing people on the internet owns, I think the fact that he was caught in the act owns.

No yeah I wasn't saying you're a piece of poo poo. No one with a hiimdaisy av can be poo poo.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

gradenko_2000 posted:

What an insecure, pathetic little gently caress. You're running out of communities to fool, Zak. :munch:

Ratpick
Oct 9, 2012

Sion posted:

No yeah I wasn't saying you're a piece of poo poo. No one with a hiimdaisy av can be poo poo.

Okay, good, I suspected as much but just wanted to make sure there was no confusion.

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

Asimo posted:

What an insecure, pathetic little gently caress. You're running out of communities to fool, Zak. :munch:

no didn't you hear he's a big deal on google plus.

google plus, dude.

dude.

google plus.

Tsilkani
Jul 28, 2013

Too add to the hilarity, after deleting the sock post, he used his Reddit account to post the same drat thing.

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009
Woah folks, white wolf has said they investigated, and that Zak is innocent.

Serf
May 5, 2011

Cassa posted:

haha wow gently caress white wolf

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Asimo posted:

He's not, because no one outside of the RPG industry has even heard of him, and this game is getting plenty of publicity from video game sites.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Cassa posted:

"Why the gently caress does Zak S keep getting work?"

Because the companies that keep hiring him are always willing to look the other goddamn way.

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

gradenko_2000 posted:

"Why the gently caress does Zak S keep getting work?"

Because the companies that keep hiring him are always willing to look the other goddamn way.

Does WW have shareholders? Like, this is a thing that shareholders might wanna know about in terms of bringing a portfolio into disrepute.

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

Sion posted:

Does WW have shareholders? Like, this is a thing that shareholders might wanna know about in terms of bringing a portfolio into disrepute.

White Wolf Publishing is owned by Paradox Interactive, which is (as of like last year?) a publicly-traded company on the Nasdaq.

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

Does that mean I don't get the job?

Cassa posted:

I am not at all surprised that they're willing to throw current employees under the bus in favor of a shitbag like Zak.

Sion posted:

Broadly speaking, shareholders don't give a poo poo so long as the company is making money. You can certainly try, but there's a high chance that Paradox will tell them it's all fine and hunky-dory and that all the accusations are false and it'll go nowhere.

That said, the best bet to affect change on the RPG scale is to let the fans know who this toxic rear end in a top hat is, and note to the company that you're displeased by this and won't support them if they're going to continue to hire on serial harassers for their work.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Yeaah stockholders don't give a poo poo generally. It's pretty much why, if you viewed corporations as people, they'd all be sociopaths.

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010
This discussion is happening simultaneously in the WoD thread, it'd probably be easier if you condensed it over there.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

loving fantasy art, man. I'm making tokens for a new 4E game and for 99% of monsters I immediately find something servicable googling for "D&D [monster]" or "pathfinder [monster]". And then I get to "female vampire" and whoops suddenly my image search results page looks like loving Suicide Girls. Do not even get me started on what you get for "D&D nymph."

Would it be too :filez: to ask around for a scan of a specific illustration here?

Siivola
Dec 23, 2012

Try "MTG [monster]" instead. They've been working on making less terrible fantasy art recently. I mean nymphs are still going to be a crapshoot but this isn't awful, I don't think:

Serf
May 5, 2011

Hell, just googling for ewoks when I started running my Star Wars game turned up a ton of frankly questionable cosplay.

I also learned that there is a dearth of good ewok art.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Thanks for the MTG tip and I'm gonna straight use that nymph image, too. :v:

What I really wanted to use was 8 or 16 bit sprites, but even after finding some decent spritesheets with good variety I'd have had to make edits to cover every creature and in the time it takes me to do five of those I can have 25 regular ones googled up and ready to go. Sometimes you have to pick your battles.

My Lovely Horse fucked around with this message at 15:46 on Feb 17, 2017

CaptCommy
Aug 13, 2012

The fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a goat.

My Lovely Horse posted:

Thanks for the MTG tip and I'm gonna straight use that nymph image, too. :v:

What I really wanted to use was 8 or 16 bit sprites, but even after finding some decent spritesheets with good variety I'd have had to make edits to cover every creature and in the time it takes me to do five of those I can have 25 regular ones googled up and ready to go. Sometimes you have to pick your battles.

Don't know if you've asked here yet, but this is my go-to when I need non-trash art:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3605440

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
You want cool lady vampires? I got cool lady vampires.

Falstaff
Apr 27, 2008

I have a kind of alacrity in sinking.

I know it's incredibly immature of me, but I can't help but giggle every time I see this image.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
Look, if you get drunk as hell and start floating around and wear a collar that doesn't let you look down, you're gonna lose your shoes at the party.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

It's more the fact that it looks like she's hiding a massive erection.

EverettLO
Jul 2, 2007
I'm a lurker no more

Halloween Jack posted:

Look, if you get drunk as hell and start floating around and wear a collar that doesn't let you look down, you're gonna lose your shoes at the party.

Yeah, but what about your 2 foot long erection?

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Kurieg posted:

You want cool lady vampires? I got cool lady vampires.

Ladies just the way I like 'em with a 16 inch penis.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
Oh, both her legs are straight and that is definitely not her knee.

Oh my.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

I mean for real it's just unfortunate lighting and she's holding her skirt super rigid with her free hand.

It just looks like something it really shouldn't be.

At least Olivia2 learned how to put shoes on and wear pleated skirts :unsmith:

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
Really shouldn't, or really should?

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
So, is the intention is she has a 16 inch penis or is that just an accident? It's the internet so it can be either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Accident, this is the same vampire lady X number of years later when Lovecraft comes home to roost in the fantasy horror dimension.

• Locked thread