Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
spathi-wa
Sep 8, 2005
hu hu hu ^_^
Lipstick Apathy
i was physically repelled from my keyboard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

Caesar Saladin posted:

no you were right, but he has made an effort to be a bit better in the past year I think and not shriek and stuff

He's bad and unfunny but so are most professional comedians let alone jackasses on youtube. His only crime is loving up a good bussiness relationship by trying to be edgy and succeeding in a field people in his age group are jealous of and older non plugged in older people fear for whatever reason

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

gently caress SNEEP posted:

He decides what content goes into his video. He decided it would be a good idea to include nazi imagery multiple times in his videos. And for good measure he did a cool nazi salute himself. I know he was trying to make a point about YouTube moderators with that last one but what a loving dumb thing to do.

I don't necessarily think he's a nazi (TBD) but look at the results of his actions: neo-Nazi websites are calling him their hero, and all the comments blaming Jewish media on him being dropped by Disney. When your "jokes" are actually gaining the support of the people you're trying to make fun of you're probably doing it wrong.

And then he kept doing it for months. :lol: He deserves what happened.

youtube and disney didnt drop him because of this trumped up bullshit. i think maybe it had something to do with his increasingly anti-media message?

obviously youtube cares more about him mocking their new youtube stars program, and is using it as a convenient excuse.

The Brown Menace
Dec 24, 2010

Now comes in all colors.

get rich by the retarded poo poo, no longer get rich by the retarded poo poo

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet

Rutibex posted:

youtube and disney didnt drop him because of this trumped up bullshit. i think maybe it had something to do with his increasingly anti-media message?

obviously youtube cares more about him mocking their new youtube stars program, and is using it as a convenient excuse.
pewdeepie was heavily promoted by youtube and made a bunch of money for them. The only reason they would stop making money off him is if they were to profit off something offensive, like antisemitism.

Junior Jr.
Oct 4, 2014

by sebmojo
Buglord

NutritiousSnack posted:

He's bad and unfunny but so are most professional comedians let alone jackasses on youtube. His only crime is loving up a good bussiness relationship by trying to be edgy and succeeding in a field people in his age group are jealous of and older non plugged in older people fear for whatever reason

If he was really trying to be funny at mocking YouTube's terms, he'd find a clever way about it...but he lacks any real wit and just goes for lame shock humour. Also he thought he was being so clever by showing off how dumb Fiverr was, but 1. It was already done before (for example, a group of Indian kids would read sentences from a board like "feminism is cancer" and "420 blaze it human being", the money maybe came from 4chan users or not); 2. There were already a couple of guys like Rog and Tyrone who'd say anything their customers paid for; so if anything...he didn't really 'exploit' the website but tried to be as edgy as possible with it while being completely unaware of moral sense.

crime weed
Nov 9, 2009
so i individually went to each lovely magazine and tabloid (ok salon and the guardian might count as actual news reporting), and read through their horrific treatment and terrible misconstrusion of this delicate issue in which rich man pays people in 3rd world country to death_to_all_jews.exe

REASONABLE
Gizmodo, Polygon, Kotaku (lol), Mashable, The Guardian ("the video did not promote nazi ideaology"! wow! scathing!), Salon

MEAN
Vice Magazine, WSJ (more like sjw amirite)

in which the reasonable ones did not call our beloved rape screech man a nazi, and included due context in their articles.

as we can see, this is a horrific media dogpile, truly kill_all_jews is a crusade for good and justice. thank god for pewdiepie

crime weed fucked around with this message at 13:40 on Feb 17, 2017

plain blue jacket
Jan 13, 2014

IT DOESN'T STOP
IT NEVER STOPS
Who cares about the welfare of youtubers they are scum of the earth

crime weed
Nov 9, 2009

plain blue jacket posted:

ah, you might not think the issue affects you, but what if one day you start a sweet prank channel where you dress up in a nazi uniform and begin yelling sig heil in the streets. if things continue the way they're going, the media's going to totally misconstrue your hilarious jokes and voraciously demonize you, causing you to gain thousands of subscribers and get tonnes of publicity

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

plain blue jacket posted:

people like jontron and pewdiepie are going to be so pitiful when they're 40

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

gently caress SNEEP posted:

Someone needs to explain to me why newspapers would be jealous of someone on YouTube. I don't think Pewdiepie's fanbase is rushing to cancel their newspaper subscriptions.

Because they're self-important douches getting paid peanuts to be the supposed arbiters of cultural value while this guy makes millions screaming into a microphone for idiots.

KomodoWagon
May 10, 2013

by R. Guyovich

MinibarMatchman posted:

Yeah real pitiful in their multimillion dollar mansions getting blowjobs from supermodels while their favorite bands play private shows in their living room. So pathetic

Dean of Swing
Feb 22, 2012

MinibarMatchman posted:

Said the poster who paid to be on a dying Internet comedy forum. Pewd has more money now than all of us will have at 40 combined.

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

new phone who dis posted:

Because they're self-important douches getting paid peanuts to be the supposed arbiters of cultural value while this guy makes millions screaming into a microphone for idiots.

It's incredibly easy to figure out if you have just an ounce of common sense.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
Wtf I've been playing video games and shrieking at the screen for decades where are my millions?!

crime weed
Nov 9, 2009

Gutcruncher posted:

Wtf I've been playing video games and shrieking at the screen for decades where are my millions?!
did you remember to include rape in your loud screeches

Fushigi Yuugi fansub
Jan 20, 2007

BUTT STUFF

Dean of Swing posted:

Said the poster who paid to be on a dying Internet comedy forum. Pewd has more money now than all of us will have at 40 combined.

you forgot to take three olives into account

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Kjoery posted:

did you remember to include rape in your loud screeches

AND racial slurs!

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
Next stop: Satellite radio!

revdrkevind
Dec 15, 2013
ASK:lol: ME:lol: ABOUT:lol: MY :lol:TINY :lol:DICK

also my opinion on :females:
:haw::flaccid: :haw: :flaccid: :haw: :flaccid::haw:
Happening meter: Sargon hosted a livestream about this, which isn't newsworthy. Then JonTron, Boogie, and Phil DeFranco showed up.

It's absolutely a battle of content creators vs. legacy media at this point, and the stream was fairly unironically talking about fundraising enough money to buy some legacy media outlets just to put them out of their misery.

In case anyone needs this spelled out any harder: They wrote articles saying that advertisers need to be "careful" about working with YouTube content creators, and literally-not-metaphorically took a snapshot of PewDiePie pointing at something offscreen then printed the word Nazi to make it look like he was doing a salute.

It is absolutely about them being jealous of clicks and sponsorship deals.

If they want war, then By God let's give it to them, etc etc.

Rutibex posted:

This is also correct, they were already looking for a reason to drop him because they didn't realize he was advertiser unfriendly when they bought him.

crime weed
Nov 9, 2009

revdrkevind posted:

Happening meter: Sargon hosted a livestream about this, which isn't newsworthy. Then JonTron, Boogie, and Phil DeFranco showed up.
jontron hanging out with weird altrighters is ancient history, this transpired way after that video

e: oh, nvm they did a new one lol, i guess jontron has been officially #redpilled at this point, huh

ee: oh poo poo! they even got tea "kill all muslim cockroaches" and kraust on there hahahahahhahaha. five hours of alt right tears

crime weed fucked around with this message at 16:16 on Feb 17, 2017

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay
ill never understand why this guy loves the third Reich so much? :confused:? i thought we all agreed it was bad? :confused:

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Third Reich more like Turd Reich

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay
haha fuckin noiiiice

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

Junior Jr. posted:

If he was really trying to be funny at mocking YouTube's terms, he'd find a clever way about it...but he lacks any real wit and just goes for lame shock humour. Also he thought he was being so clever by showing off how dumb Fiverr was, but 1. It was already done before (for example, a group of Indian kids would read sentences from a board like "feminism is cancer" and "420 blaze it human being", the money maybe came from 4chan users or not); 2. There were already a couple of guys like Rog and Tyrone who'd say anything their customers paid for; so if anything...he didn't really 'exploit' the website but tried to be as edgy as possible with it while being completely unaware of moral sense.

Big Man Tyrone has some sort of filter to his content. Mostly because he both has rules now like no cuss words and one video is like $50 dollars jfc

MinibarMatchman posted:

JonTron sounds like he'd be an awesome old geezer how could you even say this

revdrkevind posted:

It's absolutely a battle of content creators vs. legacy media at this point, and the stream was fairly unironically talking about fundraising enough money to buy some legacy media outlets just to put them out of their misery.

In case anyone needs this spelled out any harder: They wrote articles saying that advertisers need to be "careful" about working with YouTube content creators, and literally-not-metaphorically took a snapshot of PewDiePie pointing at something offscreen then printed the word Nazi to make it look like he was doing a salute.

It is absolutely about them being jealous of clicks and sponsorship deals.

If they want war, then By God let's give it to them, etc etc.

This is also correct, they were already looking for a reason to drop him because they didn't realize he was advertiser unfriendly when they bought him.

Here it is if you want to watch, although I doubt most goons who won't read an article without whining woud watch something like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1p0apfSCIU

I haven't watched it yet, but I hope they restructure these media outlets to be full of the Papa New Guinean cum eaters

crime weed
Nov 9, 2009

Smash it Smash hit posted:

ill never understand why this guy loves the third Reich so much? :confused:? i thought we all agreed it was bad? :confused:
its gonna get better. the people (the "youtube skeptic community") who are now trying to associate with him generate such great lines as

"feminists dont understand snow plowing
"muslims need to be exterminated. also muslims are like cockroaches
"expanding womens rights caused the fall of rome

so soon we might see ol' pewdie dressing up as towelheads and pretending to be obease rainbows along with new, exciting anti-semitic jokes

also all of the points i included are extremely unfair and misconstruing the opinions of these fine "intellectuals" so keep that in mind

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound
The idea of everyone who doesn't bow to the progressive stack being alt-right only plays to a very small segment of the country.

Junior Jr.
Oct 4, 2014

by sebmojo
Buglord

MinibarMatchman posted:

to my surprise, jontron actually had some smarts.

He didn't apologize for using the word "retarded" in context, and he called out SJWs and anyone who blindly hated on Trump on twitter (like the founding fathers tweet), and he realised how low game grumps was sinking and wanted to get back to making his own content again.

so I feel he's one of those few youtubers who actually has sense.

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

Kjoery posted:

also all of the points i included are extremely unfair and misconstruing the opinions of these fine "intellectuals" so keep that in mind

is this is some weird reverse psychology bullshit, sorry hombre we are immune to bold italic text

crime weed
Nov 9, 2009

Junior Jr. posted:

counterpoint: he has hung out with intellectual powerhouse sargon of akkad in livestreams twice now

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay
i think the guy shouldnt love nazis so much but hey that is just one mans opinion :shrug:

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

Junior Jr. posted:

He didn't apologize for using the word "retarded" in context, and he called out SJWs and anyone who blindly hated on Trump on twitter (like the founding fathers tweet), and he realised how low game grumps was sinking and wanted to get back to making his own content again.

so I feel he's one of those few youtubers who actually has sense.

He and Boogie are both cool and good.

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe

Smash it Smash hit posted:

i think the guy shouldnt love nazis so much but hey that is just one mans opinion :shrug:

Hey bubbo, he's no nazi lover, he just made some jokes about killing all the jews that were taken out of context by the liberal main stream media.

Junior Jr.
Oct 4, 2014

by sebmojo
Buglord

He and Boogie are both cool and good.

how about he loses the fat and stops being a living wallet for toys and geek crates first, THEN we'll say he's cool and good.

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay
hm i dont know talking about killing jews seems like a real nazi thing to do imho

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay
personally, as a non-nazi a NAH-zi, i dont think mocking the deaths of 14 million people is very "cool"

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

Junior Jr. posted:

how about he loses the fat and stops being a living wallet for toys and geek crates first, THEN we'll say he's cool and good.

He has his flaws but I respect his struggle with his issues and think that he's genuinely a good person who cares about people.

crime weed
Nov 9, 2009

Putty posted:

is this is some weird reverse psychology bullshit, sorry hombre we are immune to bold italic text
im just getting the indignant outrage out of the way ahead of time

the culture of victimization and outrage that has fostered on youtube is beautiful, and now pewdiepie and all of his wonderful fans get to take part as well! that leftist media is just so mean! so unfair! FAKE NEWS!

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

Kjoery posted:

its gonna get better. the people (the "youtube skeptic community") who are now trying to associate with him generate such great lines as

"feminists dont understand snow plowing
"muslims need to be exterminated. also muslims are like cockroaches
"expanding womens rights caused the fall of rome

so soon we might see ol' pewdie dressing up as towelheads and pretending to be obease rainbows along with new, exciting anti-semitic jokes

warnign srspost o no

You can't blanket opinions or people in very vague terms like that. It's purposeful devaluation of discussion in order to demonize people you don't like or to praise the ones you do. Like for example I have no idea why people think deportation in general is racist, it's loving illegal and applies to all races and people who decide to jump the wall or swim thru the Atlantic.

Labels like "alt-right" or "left-right" or whatever are dumb too. You are completely free to form your own opinions based on your own analysis of information rather than side with some group. It's why the term "femenist" has become so toxic lately, where people who want equality between sexes having to distance themselves from that movement. Also you are free to watch as many Youtuber skeptic people as you like, most of them have some humor to them. You are free to agree or disagree with whatever they say, which is how debate is formed. I've never read D&D do people actually consider this stuff or just froth at the mouth about meme politics?

just wanted to vent whats been on my mind, heres a meme

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZQOsYooyDY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

Kjoery posted:

im just getting the indignant outrage out of the way ahead of time

the culture of victimization and outrage that has fostered on youtube is beautiful, and now pewdiepie and all of his wonderful fans get to take part as well! that leftist media is just so mean! so unfair! FAKE NEWS!

Becoming the scolding killjoys isn't a good look for progressives and it's hurting the cause more than anything their opponents are doing.

• Locked thread