Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Bad Moon posted:

"Patton is Questionalbe for Market Garden"

This is brilliant

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

SHOAH NUFF posted:

How are you unconscious for 10 minutes after being laid out

Just because he gets dusted in coverage doesn't mean he can't lay a motherfucker out after 10+ years of professionally knocking dudes over.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
Hmm Revis should be kicked out of the league for this knockout game poo poo. Piece of crap violent rear end.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

SHOAH NUFF posted:

severely concussed

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Most people get hosed up when they get punched out less from getting punched and more from their head hitting the concrete or road.

If he didnt catch em on the way down thats probably why he was out so long.

But yeah thats a loooong time to be out for.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

My second high school was South Mecklenubrg in Charlotte. total poo poo hole. there were bad fights like two or three times a week. we had cops on campus constantly. It wasn't as bad as like Vance or West Meck but it was rough.

There was this giant senior when I was a junior who was like 20 years old. He wasn't all there, but dude was like 6-2 250 of pure muscle. He was a really nice, caring, gentle guy, and if he wasn't on the spectrum and could legally play football maybe south would have won a game while I went there.

Anyway somebody said something to him one time during lunch and he just loving snapped. He hit this other guy, one time, so hard he fell out of his shoes. It was amazing. Guy was on his back, his air force ones were like a foot from him. He was out for fifteen minutes. We all thought he was dead, but I guess they didn't call 911 for insurance reasons or whatever. The school nurse just kinda came and gave him an ice pack and held his hand until he woke up.

When the cops came and saw who had just done it, they just went up to him really nicely and said "Okay, we need to arrest you now, okay?"

And he just said, "Yeah, okay," and let himself be handcuffed.

I saw cops spear kids into trophy cases while I was at that school, and a bunch of grown rear end men took a look at this guy and asked him to let them arrest him.

it loving owned

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
So you went to school with Lennie Small?

vvv They were in a movie: "Man Getting Hit by Football Player"

whypick1 fucked around with this message at 03:43 on Feb 17, 2017

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

im pretty sure if you're out cold for ten minutes you're in a movie or you're dead

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

whypick1 posted:

vvv They were in a movie: "Man Getting Hit by Football Player"

on the set of We Are Marshall extras got paid a bonus if they volunteered to be hit on kickoff coverage.

The people playing opposing teams were all former D1 and D2 players, tons from duke, who were all making less than the actors playing the Marshall players. They even had a get back coach to get them pumped up between takes.

On top of that, the Marshall players were supposed to be little and look like they weren't football players because of the circumstances surround the team.

I will never forget watching a bunch of guys fresh out of college just light up a bunch of actors take after take after take. It was incredible.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

evilweasel posted:

im pretty sure if you're out cold for ten minutes you're in a movie or you're dead

Nah..

If your brain has to reset after a head shot, it can take a few minutes. I was taken to a hospital and had a CT scan before they got any response beyond breathing after one of my head injuries.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Genocide Tendency posted:

Nah..

If your brain has to reset after a head shot, it can take a few minutes. I was taken to a hospital and had a CT scan before they got any response beyond breathing after one of my head injuries.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FUqnd-KU7AQ

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i am a doctor and let me tell you: getting knocked out is the same as when your brain doesn't get oxygen anymore. that's why people in a coma are ghosts and i kill them quicker than a hiccup. medically

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
As man with concussions, oxygen overrated, brain work just fine.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
dude deserved it imo

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
I'm sure once we see the cell video we'll know why he was knocked out for ten minutes.

Classic. Fencing. Response.

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
drunk dudes took a three hour tour to revis island, and it was not a good time

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Turdsdown Tom posted:

drunk dudes took a three hour tour to revis island, and it was not a good time

Why the gently caress would you admit you were bothering someone and then lost a fight where you outnumbered him

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

He is a famous football player so might as well try to get money off of it. Personally I think they deserved it.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Yeah, we need to see that video.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

Chilichimp posted:

Yeah, we need to see that video.

I'm sure someone is negotiating over the price of it with TMZ and Deadspin as we speak

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

Why the gently caress would you admit you were bothering someone and then lost a fight where you outnumbered him

Provoke a celebrity into hitting you so you can sue them and then settle out of court for legal fees + some $$$ to make you go away.

Either that or just dumb drunks starting poo poo and getting hit.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Revis officially charged with the stuff from yesterday.

King Dunlap arrested for violating a restraining order at his ex's house.

Cool offseason guys.

CowboyKid
May 29, 2008

SHOAH NUFF posted:

Act like you're out until cops get there to help with the lawsuit. Just like assholes who get rear-ended and don't move or say anything until the ambulance arrives.

These jackasses are going to get paid.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
How am I only just learning that the Colts 3rd round pick from 2007 quit football because he was addicted to Call of Duty? That is amazing.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender
https://twitter.com/JeromeSolomon/status/832266856123731971

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Romo on the Texans would own so much.

Nov 6, 2002

If Romo was willing take a back loaded deal to get around Brock's giant cap this season would that work?

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
its gonna be cool when revis gets cut then sues the city of pittsburgh for 15m for charging him with 'terroristic threats'

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky

Kalli posted:

Romo on the Texans would own so much.

It's such a perfect match that there's no way it will work out

Nov 6, 2002

It would have a Favre on the Vikings kinda feel to it.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

corn on the cop posted:

It's such a perfect match that there's no way it will work out

p much. Though he might take a pay cut to stay in Texas. No requirement to move and no state income tax to deal with. I don't know that he'd take a back-loaded deal though--he's not likely to play more than a year or two as-is. More likely there'd be a signing bonus that can be spread over a few years. The key to the Texans making a cap-friendly deal will be guaranteed money, not back-loaded money.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

It would have a Favre on the Vikings kinda feel to it.

That would be if he put on an Eagles jersey.

This is more Favre to the Jets.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

sean10mm posted:

Provoke a celebrity into hitting you so you can sue them and then settle out of court for legal fees + some $$$ to make you go away.

Either that or just dumb drunks starting poo poo and getting hit.

From that part of PA that they are from they are probably looking for a payout and opioid rx so they will be set for life.

Nov 6, 2002

The Texans are not divisional rivals but they are still rivals to the Cowboys in a different kind of way. Jerry Jones would go nuts if Romo led the Texans to post season success.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

If Romo was willing take a back loaded deal to get around Brock's giant cap this season would that work?

It's hard to fully backload a deal, but yeah, they could do like a 2-3 year version of the Revis contract with the Patriots to push money out.

Though you'd want to be careful, because if Romo dies, you're they on the hook for all of that. A risk they should probably take though.

Say he wants $15m a year (he makes $18m currently, and they can give him the rest in playtime / playoff / award incentives). I think he may go cheaper with more playtime incentives too considering he really only has a couple of options for winning teams.

$24m Signing bonus

'17: $1m base, $8m from SB = $9m

'18: $12m roster bonus $1m base, $8m from SB, = $21m. If he's good in year 1, you can then convert this RB into a SB, to move $6m to year 3. To protect him, you can make the roster bonus automatically obtained.

'19: $6m roster bonus, $1m base, $8m from SB = $15m... and if you cut him before the roster bonus, it instead becomes $8m in dead money (or $14m if you did the optional thing in Step 2).

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

The Texans are not divisional rivals but they are still rivals to the Cowboys in a different kind of way. Jerry Jones would go nuts if Romo led the Texans to post season success.

Not any moreso than if he'd gone to any other non-NFC East team and had success. While the Texans very much view the Cowboys as a rival, the feeling isn't really mutual.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

TheChirurgeon posted:

Not any moreso than if he'd gone to any other non-NFC East team and had success. While the Texans very much view the Cowboys as a rival, the feeling isn't really mutual.

Yeah I do not give a drat about the Texans at all except to really say "good for them" when they are winning. I don't view them as a rival in the least bit. Texans fans do have the same little brother syndrome tamu has to texas, though.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

Kalli posted:

It's hard to fully backload a deal, but yeah, they could do like a 2-3 year version of the Revis contract with the Patriots to push money out.

Though you'd want to be careful, because if Romo dies, you're they on the hook for all of that. A risk they should probably take though.

Say he wants $15m a year (he makes $18m currently, and they can give him the rest in playtime / playoff / award incentives). I think he may go cheaper with more playtime incentives too considering he really only has a couple of options for winning teams.

$24m Signing bonus

'17: $1m base, $8m from SB = $9m

'18: $12m roster bonus $1m base, $8m from SB, = $21m. If he's good in year 1, you can then convert this RB into a SB, to move $6m to year 3. To protect him, you can make the roster bonus automatically obtained.

'19: $6m roster bonus, $1m base, $8m from SB = $15m... and if you cut him before the roster bonus, it instead becomes $8m in dead money (or $14m if you did the optional thing in Step 2).

I doubt he's going to take playtime incentives; he has more than enough leverage to get a guaranteed deal from a team. If we're gonna go down that route, we need to start looking at similar deals. The most obvious is Manning's deal with the Broncos, since Peyton was just coming off a missed season due to surgery and there were real questions about whether he'd be able to play again and he was 36 at the time.

Manning got a 5-year $96M deal out of the Broncos in 2012 with $58M guaranteed. He made $18M in 2012 that was fully-guaranteed, with the final $40M becoming guaranteed if he passed a physical on his surgically-repaired neck. He restructured that deal in 2015 to take a $4M pay cut which became NLBTE incentives ($2M for AFCC win, $2M for Super Bowl win), and $19M in 2016.

This is a pretty good comparison--Romo is a year older, so we'll shave a year off the deal, but risk-wise he's about at the same level. Manning was far from a sure thing, and beyond just questions about whether he'd stay healthy (remember that he ended up missing significant time and suffering from injuries after his stellar 2013 season), there were questions about whether he'd still be able to put the same velocity on his throws (he couldn't), something that Romo *isn't* facing.

Sot that said, we're probably looking at a 3-year deal worth around $62M, which could be slightly backloaded, but will still probably include a fully-guaranteed 2017. $24M in signing bonus does seem about right, but it would put $8M in prorated bonus on each year of the deal, and make it difficult to cut him before 2019. In order to realistically fit him on the roster in 2017, the Texas would need to come in around/under $7M in salary (for a $15M cap hit), then plan on upping his base salary to something more like $14M next year with incentives for strong play, then a $17M base salary in 2019 that he's not likely to ever see.

So numbers-wise, I largely agree with you, but I don't think he's going to take an incentive-laden contract. It just wouldn't be smart for him.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I think the main thing is Romo appears to have less realistic suitors then Peyton did which will suppress his number a bit. Really only the Broncos and Texans really seem to be in a position to go for him. The other good rosters that could upgrade at QB are locked into their guys, and the other QB needy teams tend to be messes up and down the roster.

I wouldn't be surprised if Romo's deal is closer to what you said, but I could see both the Broncos and Texans hardballing that and I can't see him going to like the Bills, Bears, Jets or Jaguars to get it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.
Late but there's a whole lot of drunk mofos on the South Side that desperately need knocked out. Revis is a hero

• Locked thread