Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

You need haters. Fellas if you got 20 haters, you need 40 of them motherfuckers. If there's any haters in here that don't have nobody to hate on, feel free to hate on me

this is going to play huge to the sherdoggiest mma fans

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries

What's insane is if you go on their youtube channel, they have 3 videos dedicated to the loving sweater.

Gzuz-Kriced
Sep 27, 2000
Master of Spoo
I don't know, I think it's kind of funny. It's obviously not taken seriously.

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

You need haters. Fellas if you got 20 haters, you need 40 of them motherfuckers. If there's any haters in here that don't have nobody to hate on, feel free to hate on me

Gzuz-Kriced posted:

I don't know, I think it's kind of funny. It's obviously not taken seriously.

i dont know if you've been around long enough, but this has been a thing since like 2006

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
It's not funny

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
All of the latch key kids who consider Optimus Prime to be their real father grew up and allowed the internet to direct the development of their personalities, and the freaks who were too repellant or too homeschooled to find an anime club to quote Family Guy at got subsumed into this weird and awful conjunction of on line and traditional media. So now instead of some deskbound moron trying to sell you car insurance using the word epic, the guys who got picked last in Being Retarded are trying to sell you a Matt Mitrione fight because of an image macro they saw from the sherdog web site. Resist.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Triticum Guzzler posted:

All of the latch key kids who consider Optimus Prime to be their real father grew up and allowed the internet to direct the development of their personalities, and the freaks who were too repellant or too homeschooled to find an anime club to quote Family Guy at got subsumed into this weird and awful conjunction of on line and traditional media. So now instead of some deskbound moron trying to sell you car insurance using the word epic, the guys who got picked last in Being Retarded are trying to sell you a Matt Mitrione fight because of an image macro they saw from the sherdog web site. Resist.

I need this on a t shirt

:shepspends:

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Triticum Guzzler posted:

drat

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.

Triticum Guzzler posted:

lol

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb

Triticum Guzzler posted:

loving mic drop.

I'm still pretty sure you bought me the crying Fedor av when he finally lost to Werdum.

(I like the sweater stuff. It's funny. The only thing Bellator is better at than the UFC is having a sense of humor about some things.)

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries
https://twitter.com/JColossus/status/831954118885437440

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Captain Log posted:

I'm still pretty sure you bought me the crying Fedor av when he finally lost to Werdum.

I doubt it

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

that got really zen at the end there

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

Captain Log posted:

loving mic drop.

(I like the sweater stuff. It's funny. The only thing Bellator is better at than the UFC is having a sense of humor about some things.)

the only avatars i ever bought were the fatherdog one which was identical to his usual one but with gegard mousasi peeking into frame, and an alistair overeem avatar for the weird fedor fetishist who posted the insane thread about him

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
btw is james thompson still a dedicated pizzagate detective or did he get over it

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007
Son Of Northern Frostbitten Wintermoon

Triticum Guzzler posted:

this has finally justified paying 10 dollars for this loving account

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
This Week's Shows

Wednesday 2/15
Alaska Fighting Championship 129 - 11 PM ET - Fight Pass - Mika Faavale vs. Pat Lumba

Thursday 2/16
Combate Americas Combate11 - 9 PM ET - Fight Pass - Kyra Batara vs. Vanessa Rico Fernandez

Friday 2/17
Legacy Fighting Alliance 4 - 9 PM ET - AXS - Damon Jackson vs. Kevin Aguilar (MFTW), Andrea Lee vs. Heather Bassett (WFLW)

Saturday 2/18
M-1 Challenge 74 - Noon - M-1 TV? - Stephan Puetz vs. Rashid Yusupov
Cage Warriors Fighting Championship 80 - 4 PM - Fight Pass - Matt Inman vs. Karl Amoussou
Bellator 172 - 9 PM ET - Spike - Fedor Emelianenko vs. Matt Mitrione

Sunday 2/19
UFC Fight Night 109 - 9 PM - FS1 - Derrick Lewis vs. Travis Browne

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

Triticum Guzzler posted:

btw is james thompson still a dedicated pizzagate detective or did he get over it

he blocked me on twitter after i tried to convince him it wasn't real. he cited a hilariously bad fakenews website, and when i told him that the website in question only had like 50 followers or something, the website responded that pizzagate was indeed a false flag op.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb

Triticum Guzzler posted:

the only avatars i ever bought were the fatherdog one which was identical to his usual one but with gegard mousasi peeking into frame, and an alistair overeem avatar for the weird fedor fetishist who posted the insane thread about him

I remember it now - You took my blue Fedor "Pride" AV that we all had for a while and made it have cartoon goon tears. Then someone bought it for me. I think.

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010

Triticum Guzzler posted:

I've had a few phone calls about it. He would like to do a podcast episode discussing it. I've said if he sorts everything I'll happily be his sceptic and try and convince him out of it if all I have to do is turn up to chat. I've not even looked into it because it's so daft but I assume I'll have to do some basic research to show its nonsense.

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010

DumbWhiteGuy posted:

he blocked me on twitter after i tried to convince him it wasn't real. he cited a hilariously bad fakenews website, and when i told him that the website in question only had like 50 followers or something, the website responded that pizzagate was indeed a false flag op.

I may be asking for you to participate in a thing.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb
James seems like a nice, thoughtful guy but not the brightest bulb. I'd listen to that podcast if you got a person properly prepared to talk about it rather than argue. I don't know if Thompson takes things personally or not, it would be a factor.

savinhill
Mar 28, 2010
Why not let the lovable and brain damaged semi retired fighter hold onto his favorite conspiracy theory?

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

willie_dee posted:

I've had a few phone calls about it. He would like to do a podcast episode discussing it. I've said if he sorts everything I'll happily be his sceptic and try and convince him out of it if all I have to do is turn up to chat. I've not even looked into it because it's so daft but I assume I'll have to do some basic research to show its nonsense.

You should print off some stuff from google and show it to him

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer
in an inri voice: maybe you should suck him off

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

LeftistMuslimObama posted:

in an inri voice: maybe you should suck him off

hahaha

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013

LobsterMobster posted:

i've been half-assedly working on one for a while

i'll try to get something up after this weekend's bellator

Thank you

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013

Triticum Guzzler posted:

No one has to sell me a fedor vs mitrione fight, I was sold as soon at is was announced

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
Has Russell Peters always been a Bellator celebrity for hire? Is he moving up in weight to aim for the middle of their HW division?

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Lord Waffle Beard posted:

No one has to sell me a fedor vs mitrione fight, I was sold as soon at is was announced

It's extremely likely that Fedor will get knocked out so I'm very much looking forward to it

Gzuz-Kriced
Sep 27, 2000
Master of Spoo

DumbWhiteGuy posted:

i dont know if you've been around long enough, but this has been a thing since like 2006

I'm well aware. Not that it matters, but I have been posting (very very rarely) since the Pride days. It doesn't change my opinion that it's just some silly fun.

In other news, this upcoming Bellator event will be the first one I've seen live. Pretty excited even if I haven't heard of anyone outside of the top 3 fights. Still, I get to see Fedor lose in embarrassing fashion or Mitrione get beat up. I'm cool with either.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb
Love or hate Fedor, his fights sure as gently caress aren't boring.

His last one is worth watching to see him get utterly demolished in the first round and then come back and win the next two. It should have been a draw and it ruled.

P. S. Chael will be on commentary so it should at least be a funny card.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Posted this to the 2017 award thread but deserves to be here as well

https://twitter.com/Jolassanda/status/832594945131368449

Don't think I've ever seen someone jump in the cage to stop the fight cause the ref didn't.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Digital Jedi posted:

Don't think I've ever seen someone jump in the cage to stop the fight cause the ref didn't.

wow.

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

Digital Jedi posted:

It looks bad because her corner threw in the towel and jumped in, but she wasn't actually out and she wasn't tapping, so I'm not sure that I see a problem.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
I think that tap is her just shaking from being out. Her leg goes stiff and starts shaking as well.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Digital Jedi posted:

I think that tap is her just shaking from being out. Her leg goes stiff and starts shaking as well.

yeah. that's what it looks like when you go completely unconscious. her muscles are just going stiff and twitching randomly. that was really, really bad.

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
Yea she is not ok, that twitching isn't conscious.

El Roncho
Oct 15, 2006

I'm not necessarily proud of this but I'm gonna leave it here anyways.
Pretty sure that involuntary movement is the beginning of brain death.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Rigel posted:

It looks bad because her corner threw in the towel and jumped in, but she wasn't actually out and she wasn't tapping, so I'm not sure that I see a problem.

Kid, thats a seizure