Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
Erina has been great this arc.

I guess it's because Alice isn't around to steal away all the charm.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Overlord K
Jun 14, 2009
I'm glad Erina has developed into something beyond her initial appearance since I reallllllly didn't like her at all for a long time. Also it's a shame since I liked Hayama... until this most recent arc with him kind of ruined him.

And that chapter went about as I expected. Hopefully the rest of this arc will have this kind of tone to it. :allears:

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
I hope Megumi is the anchor for the team and wins through a dish that perfectly complements the others'

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

i'm of the opinion that tsunderes are assholes regardless of how often they go dere.

I think that some tsundere are good. It depends whether their "tsun" crosses the line into genuinely being mean-spirited. Earlier Erina, for example, crosses the line because she tried to do things like get Soma expelled. But if they just act haughty or irritable it isn't necessarily a bad thing. Rin from F/SN is an example of a pretty tolerable tsundere.

edit: They need to add some American character who specializes in making hamburgers.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Ytlaya posted:

edit: They need to add some American character who specializes in making hamburgers.

Sure as h*ck won't be Hisako

Can't even remember the pickles on a burger :mad:

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

It's pronounced hambaagaa

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
:burger:

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

TheKingofSprings posted:

Can't even remember the pickles on a burger :mad:

why is pickles on burger a thing in the first place tho

(like, legit question. i can take it or leave it but a lot of people seem to swear by it)

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Artelier posted:

why is pickles on burger a thing in the first place tho

(like, legit question. i can take it or leave it but a lot of people seem to swear by it)

the sour taste cuts the richness of the meat and cheese really well

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

They explained the use of a pickle before, but I think someone made a kebab wrap at the time or something. Maybe a gyro?

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Alpha Kenny Juan posted:

They explained the use of a pickle before, but I think someone made a kebab wrap at the time or something. Maybe a gyro?

Hayama made a Pita, Hisako made a turtle burger with lovely pickles and lost because of it.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
A tangy element in your burg really helps balance out the beefiness which might otherwise be too heavy. It doesn't have to necessarily be straight up pickles, could just chopped up in a tangy Thousand Island sauce for instance.

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD
The 'Pickles are/are not an important part of the hamburger experience' has become a long-running point of disagreement between me and my friends that watch the show.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Crasical posted:

The 'Pickles are/are not an important part of the hamburger experience' has become a long-running point of disagreement between me and my friends that watch the show.

What's your stance on ketchup

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Compendium posted:

A tangy element in your burg really helps balance out the beefiness which might otherwise be too heavy. It doesn't have to necessarily be straight up pickles, could just chopped up in a tangy Thousand Island sauce for instance.

the crunch of some good pickles is absolutely necessary lettuce just isn't the same

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

TheKingofSprings posted:

Good for fries.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
Everything in a burger has its place, it's just a matter of proportions.

I have never understood the kind of person that orders a piece of meat between two pieces of bread with nothing else, and then drowns it in ketchup.

...I kind of want bread and butter pickles now.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

SwissArmyDruid posted:

I have never understood the kind of person that orders a piece of meat between two pieces of bread with nothing else, and then drowns it in ketchup.

They're honestly an awesome snack, I've eaten them out of the jar since I was a kid.

Baby dill or bust, though. The smaller and crunchier the better.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

SwissArmyDruid posted:

Of course not, you need cheese in there as well.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Hate-Senpai posted:

And a coroner after all that grease and fat.

Make the next villain a health nut fighting against gourmet cooking and have Souma undergo a crisis when he realizes he's gained 30 pounds from eating all this goddamn food

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Man's greatest invention was the Wendy's Double Baconator, for people who want meat, cheese, bacon, and no vegetables, and then even more meat, cheese, and bacon.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

Hate-Senpai posted:

Polikarpov
Jun 1, 2013

Keep it between the buoys
If you haven't had a cajun-style dill pickle you have never truly had a pickle.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
What if you straight up don't like sourness in your savory.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Kyte posted:

the door's that way

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I hope that door leads to a restaurant that serves savory foods that don't have a tinge of sourness.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

TheKingofSprings posted:

And a coroner after all that grease and fat.

Make the next villain a health nut fighting against gourmet cooking and have Souma undergo a crisis when he realizes he's gained 30 pounds from eating all this goddamn food

Ahh yes the South Beach arc. Or maybe the Paleoarc?

Kuroyama
Sep 15, 2012
no fucking Anime in GiP

Hate-Senpai posted:

I hope that door leads to a restaurant that serves savory foods that don't have a tinge of sourness.

You mean a steakhouse?

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD

TheKingofSprings posted:

Hate-Senpai posted:

Good for fries.

I don't actually know anyone who puts ketchup on their burger, so I can't comment.

Kyte posted:

Try bread and butter pickles, pickled jalapenos or other peppers, or other things to get that extra flavor vector that cuts the savoriness. Compendium recommended thousand island sauce a bit upthread.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Crasical posted:

I don't actually know anyone who puts ketchup on their burger, so I can't comment.

Explain yourself!! How's this happen

Eleeleth
Jun 21, 2009

Damn, that is one suave eel.

Patware posted:

Explain yourself!! How's this happen

Ketchup on burgers is bad.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Ketchup in the secret sauce, meanwhile, is good

Probably

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Kuroyama posted:

You mean a steakhouse?

Even in steakhouses you can see steaks paired with hollandaise sauce, peppercorn glaze, or even certain Bleu cheeses

Kuroyama
Sep 15, 2012
no fucking Anime in GiP

Futaba Anzu posted:

Even in steakhouses you can see steaks paired with hollandaise sauce, peppercorn glaze, or even certain Bleu cheeses

I don't think you can find any restaurant that doesn't have some sort of sauce/glaze selection, and you can generally get a plain order at those places anyways.

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD

Futaba Anzu posted:

hollandaise sauce

...On a steak? How is that? I'm cautious but intrigued.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Crasical posted:

It's good like all good hollandaise sauce vectors are

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Crasical posted:

Oh, absolutely. It's not my personal jam? I'm a "salt and a pepper, I like to taste the meat" kind of guy, but I won't pooh-pooh a good hollandaise.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
The only good Ketchup is grandma's homemade ketchup.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Crasical posted:

Try bread and butter pickles, pickled jalapenos or other peppers, or other things to get that extra flavor vector that cuts the savoriness. Compendium recommended thousand island sauce a bit upthread.

I... kind of despise pickles, vinegar, vinegar-based products, most spicy stuff and what little I've tried of you guys' salad dressings. Sorry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD
Bread and Butter pickles are sweeter and milder than the dill kind, but I'm not going to spend time as a pickle advocate if you say you don't like them.

You do sound like kind of a picky eater if you straight-up don't like sour or bitter flavors, though.