Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need
gently caress with the chickens, you get the cock.

(It's an early Mighty Avengers ish, IIRC.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spacejung
Feb 8, 2004

prefect posted:

Is it a curse that makes one specific chicken follow them around, or does it bring along a new chicken if the current one gets killed? Because I'm thinking about restaurant opportunities here.

It's Zelda rules, not worth pursuing.

kujeger
Feb 19, 2004

OH YES HA HA

prefect posted:

Is it a curse that makes one specific chicken follow them around, or does it bring along a new chicken if the current one gets killed? Because I'm thinking about restaurant opportunities here.

New chickens, AND they all taste terrible. Amusingly, they specifically address this.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

kujeger posted:

New chickens, AND they all taste terrible. Amusingly, they specifically address this.

Good curses always cover the angles you weren't expecting at first.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

prefect posted:

Fun fact: Alberta's current premier, Rachel Notley, is the sister of the author of Bob the Angry Flower.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

prefect posted:

Toadstrieb
Apr 15, 2011

gonna need a source on this one please, chief

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

Toadstrieb posted:

samberg saxophone birth

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-rZhX486CQ

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

Toadstrieb posted:

http://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live/video/snl-digital-short-the-curse/n12690?snl=1

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
A scene from Frank Miller's Daredevil:

"a voice that could command a GOD-and DOES" is so goddamn :black101:

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer

WickedHate posted:

A scene from Frank Miller's Daredevil:

"a voice that could command a GOD-and DOES" is so goddamn :black101:

I miss old comics

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Them cap thighs tho

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
Iron Man looked pretty goofy for a lot longer than I remember.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

SonicRulez posted:

Iron Man looked pretty goofy for a lot longer than I remember.

The way he's standing makes it look like he can't bend his legs, and now I'm imagining him striding forward by having to pivot his locked legs from the hips :allears:

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Jerusalem posted:

The way he's standing makes it look like he can't bend his legs, and now I'm imagining him striding forward by having to pivot his locked legs from the hips :allears:

Iron Swagger

Avulsion
Feb 12, 2006
I never knew what hit me

Jerusalem posted:

None of his joints actually work, he just floats around on repulsors.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
"Everybody who can falls silent"?

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Discendo Vox posted:

"Everybody who can falls silent"?

It's a disaster area, some people might be groaning, screaming, or weeping.

cisneros
Apr 18, 2006

Jerusalem posted:

This was one of Iron Man's villains

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest
i've always loved that if that guy bends his knee or elbow he'll snap his shin or forearm in half

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
Isn't that the guy that Tony killed by setting his armor on fire? Turns out titanium burns real good :stare:

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Yeah, he had Tony in a bear hug and all he could do to escape was to blast his boot thrusters at max power to try and break loose, which eventually ignited the suit and that was the end of that.

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

All I wanna do is make you bounce
If memory serves it was especially bad because titanium fires can't be extinguished by water and they burn insanely hot. I don't recall how Tony put out the fire but I want to say he pulled them both into space to deny the fire oxygen. Tony made it but the dude in the Titanium Man suit was extra crispy.

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Yup. Iron Man 229

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger
Wouldn't the water still smother it?

Cuchulain
May 15, 2007

My tiny godly CoX shall burn forever!

Keeshhound posted:

Titanium is, scientifically speaking, hella flammable.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Keeshhound posted:

Burning titanium will react violently with the steam generated by being at 600C, liberating oxygen to sustain oxidation and hydrogen to add to the explody part.

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

Cuchulain posted:

Titanium is, scientifically speaking, hella flammable.

Right, I get that, but is it capable of burning without oxygen once it gets going?

flosofl posted:

Burning titanium will react violently with the steam generated by being at 600C, liberating oxygen to sustain oxidation and hydrogen to add to the explody part.

Ooooooooh :aaa:

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

I went to the Chemistry thread to ask! :science:

The Lone Badger posted:

Titanium can burn underwater by stripping the oxygen from water molecules. The normal way to extinguish metal fires is either to smother them (sand, chemical foam) or cool them (expanding CO2). It's not easy though.

EDIT: That thread's a lot of fun, if you're prepared to learn how much Nitrogen hates you.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

flosofl posted:

So basically by falling into the water, the dudes death was made even worse. :stonk:

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Metalic fires are loving scary.

Dr. MonkeyThunder
Sep 21, 2005

All is, if i have grace to use it so...

Jerusalem posted:

Avulsion posted:

None of his joints actually work, he just floats around on repulsors.

Didn't he used to have built in rocket skates?

BetterToRuleInHell
Jul 2, 2007

Touch my mask top
Get the chop chop
If you're that smart that you can build a working suit made out of titanium, you can't be shocked or upset about dying a violent burning death.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

That wasn't actually Titanium Man, that was Gremlin who was using a new version of Titanium Man's armor that he designed. :eng101:

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

Huh. I've seen/read that before, but if I'm honest I always kind of assumed it was comic book science rather than having any real life chemistry behind it.

Threep
Apr 1, 2006

It's kind of a long story.
Wild Storm #1 (the new one): Angie Spica (the Engineer) is not happy being a superhero, but someone has to do something

(cut out a few pages of transformation sequence)

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Alaois posted:

That wasn't actually Titanium Man, that was Gremlin who was using a new version of Titanium Man's armor that he designed. :eng101:

Gremlin, being a dwarf, would actually just sit in the chest cavity of the armor, so no problem with having all his limbs broken.

Cornwind Evil
Dec 14, 2004

The undisputed world champion of wrestling effortposting

Choco1980 posted:

Nobody likes a poultreygeist.

Except Troma.

Threep posted:

Wild Storm #1 (the new one): Angie Spica (the Engineer) is not happy being a superhero, but someone has to do something

(cut out a few pages of transformation sequence)

Huh, they actually made her armor look like a practical mech battle suit instead of 'swimsuit model covered in shiny metal'.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RiotGearEpsilon
Jun 26, 2005
SHAVE ME FROM MY SHELF

Cornwind Evil posted:

Except Troma.

Huh, they actually made her armor look like a practical mech battle suit instead of 'swimsuit model covered in shiny metal'.

I'm pretty sure she's a bare-rear end naked machine goddess right there, so you give a little, you get a little