Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HONKER24
Dec 15, 2000

cubicle_whore
Hair Elf
Sony has just announced another $15 off $100 promotion for PSN purchases made from February 21st, 2017 12:01AM PT and February 28th, 2017 11:59PM PT.

Below are the first 3 paragraphs of the linked wording:

Spend $100 using your wallet for the PlayStation®Network (“PSN Wallet”) through February 28th, 2017 11:59PM PT, and receive a promotion code valued at $15 to credit to your PSN Wallet on or before March 14th, 2017 to spend on games, movies, TV shows, music and anything else that accepts PSN Wallet funds*!

Promotion is available to legal U.S., Canada, and Mexico residents with an account for use of the PlayStation®Network (an “Account”) registered in their country of residency who are 18 or older and who have spent $100.00 or more using the PSN Wallet between  February 21st, 2017 12:01AM PT and February 28th, 2017 11:59PM PT. Third party application purchases not made through the PSN wallet are excluded. Each Account may only accrue a total of $15 in PSN Wallet credits pursuant to this promotion.

The promotion code (“Code”) is good for one qualifying Account to redeem the PSN Wallet credit via the PlayStation®Store. Code expires at 11:59PM PT on March 31th, 2017 and must be redeemed prior to this time. Code cannot be returned or exchanged for cash, may not be used for any other purpose and will not be replaced if lost, stolen, or damaged. You will receive the redemption Code on or before March 14th, 2017 via XMB message on PS3™, system notification on PS4™, PS Vita™, or the email account used to set up your Account Sign-in ID.

Sites like fraghero.com have stated that this can be redeemed multiple times but the text in paragraph 3 look to state otherwise.

HONKER24 fucked around with this message at 16:10 on Feb 16, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

univbee posted:

Oh welp, PS Now support is being discontinued August 15th for every device except for PS4's and PC's. Warm up your class action machines!

Not at all surprised. It's just a matter of time before it's discontinued across the board and is gone for good.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Do feel sorry for the people who bought year membership to it.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'

HONKER24 posted:

Sony has just announced another $15 off $100 promotion for PSN purchases made from February 21st, 2017 12:01AM PT and February 28th, 2017 11:59PM PT.

Below are the first 3 paragraphs of the linked wording:

Spend $100 using your wallet for the PlayStation®Network (“PSN Wallet”) through February 28th, 2017 11:59PM PT, and receive a promotion code valued at $15 to credit to your PSN Wallet on or before March 14th, 2017 to spend on games, movies, TV shows, music and anything else that accepts PSN Wallet funds*!

Promotion is available to legal U.S., Canada, and Mexico residents with an account for use of the PlayStation®Network (an “Account”) registered in their country of residency who are 18 or older and who have spent $100.00 or more using the PSN Wallet between  February 21st, 2017 12:01AM PT and February 28th, 2017 11:59PM PT. Third party application purchases not made through the PSN wallet are excluded. Each Account may only accrue a total of $15 in PSN Wallet credits pursuant to this promotion.

The promotion code (“Code”) is good for one qualifying Account to redeem the PSN Wallet credit via the PlayStation®Store. Code expires at 11:59PM PT on March 31th, 2017 and must be redeemed prior to this time. Code cannot be returned or exchanged for cash, may not be used for any other purpose and will not be replaced if lost, stolen, or damaged. You will receive the redemption Code on or before March 14th, 2017 via XMB message on PS3™, system notification on PS4™, PS Vita™, or the email account used to set up your Account Sign-in ID.

Sites like fraghero.com have stated that this can be redeemed multiple times but the text in paragraph 3 look to state otherwise.
Hmm... so there's a brief window of time where games in the current sale would be eligible for this right? I was probably gonna pick up the digital deluxe version of XCOM 2, so that could work out nicely.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Do it first thing Tuesday morning. You'll be able to take advantage of this sale and then next week's sale later that day.

I wouldn't bet on getting more than one 15 dollar credit, that's how much you can get for the last few years. There used to be a time where they'd give more.

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

In Training posted:

Ive never played the crash games and the remake looks like butthole but short of pulling my PS2 out of storage and tracking down ps1 discs I don't have a way of doing that.

if you have a PS3 you can get them as classics.

the remake might have higher graphical fidelity, but the art style is garbage by comparison and the trailer seemed like it ran worse, control-wise. like it was more floaty or something

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

they didn't put crash's ps1 games on psp/vita? wtf sony

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Real hurthling! posted:

I'm pretty sure on PSP they did, but due to the crazy poo poo Naughty Dogs did with the games it misbehaves somewhat on Vita, at least enough that they never formally approved it, although some people got it downloaded during the brief window they whitelisted everything on Vita.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Real hurthling! posted:

Yeah they did. PS1 classics run on PSP/Vita/PS3

E: I guess maybe not all of them

Double e: looking at the webstore only the first game doesn't officially work on Vita.

Sakurazuka fucked around with this message at 22:21 on Feb 16, 2017

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

sounds like a great excuse to steal these programs via the highly controversial crime of internet software piracy

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Do those "spend X get Y back" deals ever happen in EU?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The only ones I've ever seen are the PayPal promotion ones.

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe

irlZaphod posted:

Do those "spend X get Y back" deals ever happen in EU?

So far. I have not had the pleasure of witnessing it, EU is getting pretty hosed in regards to deals like that. I would love to have the sony rewards point reward program in the EU. Could probably score a free game or 2 per year.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!
I thought Neo Turf Masters was supposed to release yesterday, am I missing something?

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Flash sale incoming.

Where those psp tomb Raider games any good. I was thinking of buying some to put in the Vita.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Flash sale is up.

Not bad.

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

Now is the time for us to gather together and celebrate those things that we like and think are fun.
Did they end up fixing the Marvel Ultimate Alliance port like they promised (or at least included the DLC)? That is pretty tempting at its discount (Still a bit overpriced, but I have been thinking of that game lately).

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Billy Gnosis posted:

Did they end up fixing the Marvel Ultimate Alliance port like they promised (or at least included the DLC)? That is pretty tempting at its discount (Still a bit overpriced, but I have been thinking of that game lately).

Yes?

https://support.activision.com/articles/en_US/FAQ/Latest-Updates-for-Marvel-Ultimate-Alliance

quote:

DLC Updates

Both the standalone and bundled versions of Marvel Ultimate Alliance and Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 feature all of its original DLC.

Patch Updates

We’re focused on identifying and fixing the issues that have been occurring.

We have released a patch that addresses the audio issues reported by PC players and some of the control issues that PC players have experienced.

The key areas addressed in this patch include:

Improved controller mapping for multiple controllers to address the Xbox One controller and Xbox 360 controller support issues including the button assignments for the triggers and A button on Windows 10
Support for up to four controllers
Updates to audio support that should improve the audio and minimize crackling and other issues that some users may have experienced
Improved online player invites for Marvel Ultimate Alliance
Additional fixes including addressing some issues that could cause players to be desynched or disconnected during online games, adding support for the EULA scroll bar, and UI updates

Getsuya
Oct 2, 2013
The only thing on the flash sale for PS3 that catches my eye is Epic Mickey 2. Was that any good? Disney used to make good games right?

... Well yeah they were back in the 16-bit era but do they still have any of that magic?

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Picked up Infamous: Second Son and Adrift off the flash sale. Loving that they will be downloaded by the time I get off work.

Three day weekend!

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Getsuya posted:

The only thing on the flash sale for PS3 that catches my eye is Epic Mickey 2. Was that any good? Disney used to make good games right?

... Well yeah they were back in the 16-bit era but do they still have any of that magic?

No.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Is second son the infamous to get or is it last light?

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Is second son the infamous to get or is it last light?

Second Son is the full game, First Light is the standalone DLC that fleshes out Neon, the best power from the main game (though Video is pretty good too).

They're both good.

Nawid
Mar 27, 2011
First Light is better but it's a significantly smaller experience.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

Ineffiable posted:

Flash sale incoming.

Where those psp tomb Raider games any good. I was thinking of buying some to put in the Vita.

Yeah they were just ports of Legend and Anniversary they are perfectly good except for the lack of good camera control

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
Time to get in on that Shadow of Mordor action I keep hearing about :black101:

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Minidust posted:

Very fun game. Don't get bogged down with the side mission collection stuff! The Gollum and Dwarf side quest stuff is good.

I know this sounds counter intuitive but try to die a few times to the same orc or else the game loses its main selling point of having a nemesis.

The DLC is bad, don't bother with it.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Minidust posted:

rush story missions until you unlock map two. there's a major new ability that unlocks at that point that changes everything about how you play very dramatically and its easy to get burnt out on the game if you try to 100 percent map one without your full toolkit

I AM THE TOILET
Jul 11, 2016
Magus is complete garbage and I love it. It's exactly worth 2 bucks. Like someone mashed Dynasty Warriors and Earth Defense Force together.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

how is alien isolation on ps4 & how is the dlc?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Davincie posted:

Its fine. Main game is so long i got sick of it after i won and skipped dlc but i heard people liked it

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Davincie posted:

It's okaaayyyy. It has a few really really bad design choices and it feels like a game that was 90% there in development but just needed a bit more play testing.

It is WAY too long and you start to get bored of doing the same stuff over and over again by the time you reach the end game.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
This week's drop
A Pixel Story — Digital (Out 2/24)
In a world hidden deep inside your computer, an unlikely hero is about to appear. A tale of platforms and perils, of magical teleporting hats and sarcastic software, of thieving seagulls and maniacal operators. It’s no fairy tale… it’s a pixel story!

ACA NeoGeo Neo Turf Masters PS4 — Digital (Out 2/23)
Released by SNK in 1996, players can choose from a total of six golfers with different abilities and play on courses located around the world such as Australia or Germany. Players can test out their golf game skills against friends with game modes such as Stroke Play and Match Play.

Beserk and the Band of the Hawk PS4 — Digital, Retail
Behold the fierce blend of Warriors and Berserk! In Band of the Hawk, the action of cutting through hundreds of enemies, fundamental to the Warriors series, is fused together with the dark and gruesome atmosphere of the world of Berserk, making various heretofore unseen acts possible, such as using a giant man-sized sword to cut enemies in half, as well as smash or send them flying with the Slash and Smash actions.

Chime Sharp PS4 — Digital
Place pieces, paint the board, make music. Chime Sharp is an sequel to 2009’s Chime, a music puzzle game with an addictive, ambient heartbeat. You tessellate shapes to cover a grid, while a beatline reads those shapes as notes. As you cover the board the music builds to a beautiful crescendo of your own design.

Clouds & Sheep 2 PS4 — Digital
Feed them, play with them, and they will love you back! Solve countless quests and fulfill your wooly friends’ needs. Plant grass, flowers, trees, and decorate different pastures to make them even more beautiful. Control the clouds and make it rain or protect your flock from dangerous thunder. Provide your sheep with food, accessories, toys, and more and style them with funny costumes! Let’s become the best shepherd in the world!

Malicious Fallen
PS4 — Digital
When the forces of ultimate evil are unleashed on the world, only the Spirit Vessel can hope to subdue them. Malicious Fallen includes the complete story so far and adds two brand new chapters, Pursuit and Demise. Experience the thrilling finale of the Malicious saga, remastered, enhanced, and expanded for PS4.

Mervils: A VR Adventure PS VR — Digital
With merely a sword and a few coins, your quest begins in the Mervil Countryside. The pages of the Great Mervil Book have been scattered throughout the land and the dark sorcerer Balazar the Evil has risen from the shadows. It’s up to one brave hero to collect the lost pages, rebind the Great Book, and defeat Balazar once and for all. Will that Mervil be you?

Night in the Woods PS4 — Digital
College dropout Mae Borowski returns home to the crumbling former mining town of Possum Springs seeking to resume her aimless former life and reconnect with the friends she left behind. But things aren’t the same. Home seems different now and her friends have grown and changed. Leaves are falling and the wind is growing colder. Strange things are happening as the light fades. And there’s something in the woods.

Psychonauts in the Rhombus of Ruin PS VR — Digital
Psychonauts in the Rhombus of Ruin is an all-new Virtual Reality adventure that takes players back into the mysterious and paranormal world of the Psychonauts for the first time in more than ten years! Once again players will assume the role of Raz, an intrepid young psychic and now fully fledged member of the Psychonauts — an elite group of international psychic secret agents!

Typoman PS4 — Digital
Typoman is a 2D puzzle platformer. You slip into the role of a character made of letters, struggling to make your way through a dark and hostile world. Despite your small stature you have a powerful gift: you can craft words to alter your environment. But choose your words wisely. They can either be a blessing… or a curse!

Vaccine PS4 — Digital
Vaccine is a new approach on survival horro inspired by those of the 90s. You can choose between the two members of a special bio-hazard rapid response team, each starting with their own unique abilities. They are trapped in a strange house populated by dangerous mutated creatures, they will have to find a vaccine for another team member who is infected with a deadly virus.

Warhammer 40K: Deathwatch PS4 — Digital (Out 2/24)
Deathwatch is a turn based strategy game set on the edge of Imperial space, where your Space Marines will engage the Tyranids in a series of tactical engagements. From war ravaged cities, to the insides of Tyranid bio-ships, your mission will see your Kill Team rise in strength and skill as you face ever greater threats and peril.

Warhammer Quest PS4 — Digital
Lead your group of brave adventurers through the perilous dungeons of the Warhammer World in the search for wealth and glory! Level up your party of heroes. Loot weapons, armour and mysterious artefacts from fallen enemies. Crush Orcs, Goblins, Trolls and more ferocious enemies! What lurks in the darkness? Only the mightiest warriors will survive.

Ys Origin PS4 — Digital
Following a devastating demonic invasion, the twin Goddesses use their magic to bring the inhabitants of legendary Ys safely into the sky. While the demons work to construct Devil’s Tower and reach the humans’ new abode, the Goddesses disappear. As a mighty warrior or a cunning mage, you must seek the Goddesses in Devil’s Tower. With your swordsmanship and spells, can you banish evil from the land of your ancestors?

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

glam rock hamhock posted:

ACA NeoGeo Neo Turf Masters PS4 — Digital (Out 2/23)
Released by SNK in 1996, players can choose from a total of six golfers with different abilities and play on courses located around the world such as Australia or Germany. Players can test out their golf game skills against friends with game modes such as Stroke Play and Match Play.

What happened? Did this get delayed?

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Takoluka posted:

What happened? Did this get delayed?
Looking forward to seeing it in every drop until they give up. Like that one thing Yez used to post about for months in every update

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

CrashCat posted:

Looking forward to seeing it in every drop until they give up. Like that one thing Yez used to post about for months in every update

DriveClub PS+ Edition?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Everybody buy Ys Origins, unless you already bought the PC version in which case but it again.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

kirbysuperstar posted:

DriveClub PS+ Edition?
Yeah that's the one

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Sakurazuka posted:

Everybody buy Ys Origins, unless you already bought the PC version in which case but it again.

yeah! i need some YS to tide me over until 8 comes out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Getsuya
Oct 2, 2013
Oh snap! Idolm@ster One for All is only 1800 yen on the Japanese PS store right now! If you can read Japanese you should try out Idolm@ster. It's a very fun and in-depth idol raising sim with good music.