Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
I thought we had settled this last time it came around. Cheesecake Factory exists because it's the perfect place to take a bunch of old relatives who are all picky eaters because they serve loving everything and it's all mediocre but who cares when it's covered in butter and 3000 calories it's probably going to do the job.

It probably works the same way for large groups of athletes, except they actually need all the calories, unlike 99.9% of Americans who eat there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

IcePhoenix posted:

I'd probably go all in on things I can't eat though since I'm already dead. I don't even know what shrimp tastes like.

You can barbecue it, boil it, broil it, bake it, saute it. Dey's uh, shrimp-kabobs, shrimp creole, shrimp gumbo. Pan fried, deep fried, stir-fried. There's pineapple shrimp, lemon shrimp, coconut shrimp, pepper shrimp, shrimp soup, shrimp stew, shrimp salad, shrimp and potatoes, shrimp burger, shrimp sandwich.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
Pro Athletes frequently have lovely eating habits, but this isn't surprising when your body actually needs 5000 calories a day and there is no shortage of people who want to bring you out to eat.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Mr. Mambold posted:

You can barbecue it, boil it, broil it, bake it, saute it. Dey's uh, shrimp-kabobs, shrimp creole, shrimp gumbo. Pan fried, deep fried, stir-fried. There's pineapple shrimp, lemon shrimp, coconut shrimp, pepper shrimp, shrimp soup, shrimp stew, shrimp salad, shrimp and potatoes, shrimp burger, shrimp sandwich.

I appreciated this post.

Kibner posted:

It varies greatly.

I'm not shocked by this since Shrimp is one of those foods that I hear about people getting food poisoning from all the time but they keep eating it anyway. Oysters and scallops being the other two ones I think (can't eat those either!)

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Mr. Mambold posted:

Haha

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/NBATV/status/832627884359458816

Trade him immediately IMO.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Mr. Mambold posted:

Lmao

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
Mike Brown during Rising Star World practice had them run some 3 man weave, walked through some simple offense, did some 3-2/3-3 continuous transition, shot some 3s, then brought fans out of the crowd and played a big game of Knockout. A fan finished 4th even, Mike Brown gave him a hundred dollar bill out of his pocket.

Jay Larrañaga had the USA warm up with dribbling drills, did a lot of defensive stuff, ran through plays, shot some 3s, then had a shoot around.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

IcePhoenix posted:

I appreciated this post.

I'm not shocked by this since Shrimp is one of those foods that I hear about people getting food poisoning from all the time but they keep eating it anyway. Oysters and scallops being the other two ones I think (can't eat those either!)

I've honestly never heard of people getting food poisoning from shrimp, tbh. Not more frequently than anything else, anyway. Raw oysters, yeah. Broiled oysters, no.

Of course, this could just be because there is a preponderance of places that know how to prepare them here.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Bill Simmons wrote an insane trade deadline column

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

straight up brolic posted:

I read this: "Is Nikola Jokic a basketball unicorn? Should Paul George be traded immediately? What would it take to get Anthony Davis out of New Orleans? Plus, 27 more deals from the Picasso of the Trade Machine." and had to close the tab.

I didn't want to figure out if he was calling himself the Picasso of the Trade Machine ironically or not.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

A lot of Celtics fans are freaking out about the realization that they're not getting anybody this season and I'm sure Bill is chief of that tribe, I can't wait to read it

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Libertine posted:

I thought we had settled this last time it came around. Cheesecake Factory exists because it's the perfect place to take a bunch of old relatives who are all picky eaters because they serve loving everything and it's all mediocre but who cares when it's covered in butter and 3000 calories it's probably going to do the job.

It probably works the same way for large groups of athletes, except they actually need all the calories, unlike 99.9% of Americans who eat there.

Cheesecake Factory is fine because:

1) Not everyone in your group identifies themselves as a foodie and doesn't care about some amazing goulash some Hungarian man is selling out of the back of his Geo Metro
2) Sometimes you're in a large group of people who have varying requirements that range from "someplace that has some vegetarian options" to "I hate pasta, no Italian" and it's an easy compromise for everyone
3) It's generally located in a busy shopping mall or area so it's a convenient place to meet people at or it's near a bunch of stuff you're already by
4) Sometimes you're on the road hungry and tired you're just fine with something you know is a C+/B- to your palate

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

Jota posted:

[Bill Simmons] the Picasso of the Trade Machine.

Prolific, insanely abstract, often difficult to interpret without context that only the creator may have. This analogy checks out.

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Seems like everything he writes is varying degrees of insane so meh

Jota posted:

I read this: "Is Nikola Jokic a basketball unicorn? Should Paul George be traded immediately? What would it take to get Anthony Davis out of New Orleans? Plus, 27 more deals from the Picasso of the Trade Machine." and had to close the tab.

I didn't want to figure out if he was calling himself the Picasso of the Trade Machine ironically or not.

Anyone who combines Picasso and Trade Machine in the same sentence should have all their fingers broken.....*Godfather voice* and their voice box smashed (so they can't dictate words to text)

*Verdi opera playing in background*

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Jota posted:

His trade for Minnesota was Kris Dunn for Mudiay straight up.

I'm like the biggest Dunn hater on the planet and even I wouldn't do that.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Kibner posted:

Aside from the first item (king cake bun? Yuck), this looks delicious:

https://twitter.com/DruProductions/status/832364450372009984

The crab and crawfish mac and cheese sounds amazing.

Shrimp chat: I believe shrimp in the gulf coast region tastes better. At some point this weekend, I need to eat shrimp.

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

WhyteRyce posted:

Cheesecake Factory is fine because:

1) Not everyone in your group identifies themselves as a foodie and doesn't care about some amazing goulash some Hungarian man is selling out of the back of his Geo Metro
2) Sometimes you're in a large group of people who have varying requirements that range from "someplace that has some vegetarian options" to "I hate pasta, no Italian" and it's an easy compromise for everyone
3) It's generally located in a busy shopping mall or area so it's a convenient place to meet people at or it's near a bunch of stuff you're already by
4) Sometimes you're on the road hungry and tired you're just fine with something you know is a C+/B- to your palate

I agree with 2 through 4 but that first point sounds so hilariously bitter.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Jota posted:

I agree with 2 through 4 but that first point sounds so hilariously bitter.

meh, I love eating at places like that but when I'm with other people I don't even bother suggesting them. You're just setting yourself up to hear complaining from someone

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

The top 50 players in NBA history. Why not http://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/cbs-sports-50-greatest-nba-players-of-all-time-where-do-lebron-curry-rank/

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

The Picasso of *ffffaaaaart*

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Fun fact Kibner, Grant Napear hates New Orleans cuisine. I hope that doesn't ruin your opinion of his commentary work.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

WhyteRyce posted:

Fun fact Kibner, Grant Napear hates New Orleans cuisine. I hope that doesn't ruin your opinion of his commentary work.

Nah, someone can have a different opinion than me without me thinking they are an idiot.

He better be allergic to seafood or seasoning, though. There is no other acceptable for excuse. :colbert:

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Kibner posted:

Nah, someone can have a different opinion than me without me thinking they are an idiot.

He better be allergic to seafood or seasoning, though. There is no other acceptable for excuse. :colbert:

Apparently he is some kind of health nut and thinks the food is bad for him

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

Kibner posted:

Post your jambalaya recipe

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
Hrmm... I guess I could see that. Would have to stick to grilled or raw food with no butter or sauces and a bunch of veggies and little or no rice and that's just not something the cooking down here caters to that much.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Jota posted:

Post your jambalaya recipe

http://www.thejambalayashoppe.com/

(I don't cook but I enjoy eating the food of those who do).

Also, that place makes a great pastalaya. If you bring them cleaned game meat, they will also make a jambalaya out of it for you, iirc.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Now I want a fried Oyster Po Boy and some fried Green tomatoes.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Paul Zuvella posted:

Now I want a fried Oyster Po Boy and some fried Green tomatoes.

There was a place close to me that made really good po boys and grilled chicken tenders but they haven't opened since the flood last year. They got wiped out twice in short order with that flood and hurricane Isaac. That hit my area far harder than Katrina did.

E: I'm like 55 miles outside of nola

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Kibner posted:

http://www.thejambalayashoppe.com/

(I don't cook but I enjoy eating the food of those who do).

Also, that place makes a great pastalaya. If you bring them cleaned game meat, they will also make a jambalaya out of it for you, iirc.

The secret ingredient appears to be the lord above

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

WhyteRyce posted:

Apparently he is some kind of health nut and thinks the food is bad for him

I mean he's not wrong, but he's not right either.

It is terrible for you, but you need it.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Seriously, what the hell is the point of running all those miles if if isn't to increase your budget of delicious calories

Bush Did Outer Heaven
Jan 18, 2005

The Sweetest Payne
https://twitter.com/FredKatz/status/832653105925742592

gob bless

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.
I've never really had an opinion on Bill Simmons until now. gently caress Bill Simmons

quote:

Portland trades Evan Turner’s Unseemly Contract to the Knicks for Joakim Noah’s Unseemly Contract and a sneaky change of scenery for both guys.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Cool Buff Man posted:

The secret ingredient appears to be the lord above

There isn't anything about that other than on their website, thankfully.

Got some buckets for cheap in college by going right before closing time when they were going to dispose of all the cooked food. Great way to fuel all nighters for senior projects.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Just a little teaser to get you guys salivating...

quote:

Q: Hey, self-proclaimed Trade Machine Picasso — I know that you know that the trade deadline is coming next week. Can you come up with 30 trades for 30 teams? Or 30 that involve the Blazers?
— AJ, the disappointed Blazers fan

BS: Picasso accepts your challenge!

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

ˇHola SEA!

zelah posted:

I've never really had an opinion on Bill Simmons until now. gently caress Bill Simmons

It's just clickbait but the degree to which he doesn't bother to know anything about the teams in question is galling. How does either team benefit from that?

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

zelah posted:

He really doesn't watch basketball anymore.

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

Redgrendel2001 posted:

He really doesn't watch basketball anymore.

I know, which makes it worse. Like, commit to the sport if you are going to write 9000 words about it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Time posted:

I know, which makes it worse. Like, commit to the sport if you are going to write 9000 words about it

I could excuse homerism like this if he actually did.

quote:

Boston trades the Amir Johnson, Tyler Zeller and Jonas Jerebko expirings plus Boston’s 2018 first-rounder, Minnesota’s 2017 second-round pick and the rights to Guerschon Yabusele (French Draymond!) to Denver for Danilo Gallinari’s expiring and Kenneth Faried

• Locked thread