Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tarantula
Nov 4, 2009

No go ahead stand in the fire, the healer will love the shit out of you.

Ytlaya posted:

How do you know what they eat at all times? Normally people only see what others eat on the occasion they go to restaurants or possibly during lunch each day. Also most people don't have a good understanding of what eating habits actually result in gaining weight.

Trust me when I tell you some of them eat incredibly badly, two of my friends grew up in a wog household and eat fast food a minimum of twice a week, I can't imagine how bad their arteries actually must be even if their bodies don't show it, it's actually impressive how much they can eat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug
They grew up in a what?

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Why do people do things they find funny this is inefficient meep morp zorp does not compute

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

Tarantula posted:

two of my friends grew up in a wog household

Does this have another meaning I'm not familiar with, is it a typo or is it just super racist?

Tarantula
Nov 4, 2009

No go ahead stand in the fire, the healer will love the shit out of you.

Olive Garden tonight! posted:

Does this have another meaning I'm not familiar with, is it a typo or is it just super racist?

Not really an insult where I live anymore, more a point of pride for most Greek and Italian folk around here.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back

Danaru posted:

Why do people do things they find funny this is inefficient meep morp zorp does not compute

Sorry I guess I'm a robot because I don't think saying someone has small hands is the height of comedy.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦
I dunno, Trump helps that joke a lot by caring about it.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

RenegadeStyle1 posted:

Sorry I guess I'm a robot because I don't think saying someone has small hands is the height of comedy.

https://twitter.com/bobby/status/832402434974625792

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.

MisterBibs posted:

There's a gambling machine at a place I visit regularly that's Greek-themed, and the advertising/attracting image is a nearly-identical-but-different-enough-so-we-don't-get-sued version of Zeus from Age of Mythology. I should get a picture of the gambling machine version, but it's quite similar.

My pet peeve is that I notice this every time it shows up on the screen when I walk by, and I should've stopped having that "wait, is that frok.. no, it's not" reaction weeks ago, but I still do. Maybe it's because I really liked AoM.

Gambling places always have the ugliest adverts, it's amazing that they attract any business whatsoever. The adverts mascots themselves seem like they're going to mug you on entry to the building, they're way too aggressive, like on these irish themed ones the Leprechaun doesn't look happy, he looks violent, all sneering at you through a mouthful of way too realistically drawn but poorly shaded gold teeth.

Parasol Prophet
Aug 31, 2012

We Are Best Friends Now.
Sort of related to the petty antagonism of Trump (although I have to admit, I have very little problem with it. Dude has a massive ego and yet wanted the most visible and commonly-ridiculed office in the country, I say give him what he asked for) :

I hate it when people express their disdain for some famous person by mocking their name. It's not clever, it's not original, it just sounds like a loving third grader going "Hurr hurr, Kim Kartrashian/M Night Shamalamadingdong/Lady GAG-a!!" Politics too, with Obummer/Moochelle/Drumpf etc.

But it's more annoying with celebrities, because it's like the speaker desperately wants you to know they're ~so different and cool~ for not liking popular culture/the president, while expressing it in the most childish way possible. At least, that's what I imagine.

bean_shadow
Sep 27, 2005

If men had uteruses they'd be called duderuses.

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

Ugh, this is such a classic "I have no idea what I'm loving talking about" tactic.

"But what you're saying is--"

"LOOK I'M NOT GOING TO DO YOUR RESEARCH FOR YOU. There are tons of studies that back up my point, go find them."

Buddy, you didn't shut me down with that interruption--I stopped asking questions because I realized you were a goddamn idiot and I was wasting my drat breath.

I asked one genius to provide cites for his claim that Madonna was telling people to "burn down the White House". He told me to turn on the TV and then claimed I was a hermit who got my news solely from Buzzfeed because I didn't get my news from Fox News or CNN. This guy is also an Alex Jones follower and a Sandy Hook denier.

Oh, and he reminds me of another peeve: that drat laughing-so-hard-it's-crying emoji that people use to death. Enough.

RenegadeStyle1 posted:

It's not the joke exactly, it's how he responds to it that people find funny. If, long ago, someone had mentioned he had small hands and he hadn't responded it wouldn't have snowballed. It would have died back in the 1980s. But he had to respond and obsess over it for thirty years now.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Small hands is fine. "Drumpf" annoys me far more than it will ever annoy him.

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Parasol Prophet posted:

Sort of related to the petty antagonism of Trump (although I have to admit, I have very little problem with it. Dude has a massive ego and yet wanted the most visible and commonly-ridiculed office in the country, I say give him what he asked for) :

I hate it when people express their disdain for some famous person by mocking their name. It's not clever, it's not original, it just sounds like a loving third grader going "Hurr hurr, Kim Kartrashian/M Night Shamalamadingdong/Lady GAG-a!!" Politics too, with Obummer/Moochelle/Drumpf etc.

But it's more annoying with celebrities, because it's like the speaker desperately wants you to know they're ~so different and cool~ for not liking popular culture/the president, while expressing it in the most childish way possible. At least, that's what I imagine.

Republi-CANTS and DUMB-ocrats. LIE-berals and oval office-servatives. How witty and original :rolleyes:

I hear poo poo like that all the time with sports teams from a diehard sports fan coworker. Dallas Cow-GIRLS is an insult he throws around a lot :fuckoff:

bean_shadow
Sep 27, 2005

Henchman of Santa posted:

I agree with that. From what I've read and seen photos of, there are headstones from the family village in Germany where they're from that say "Trump", so I'm not sure who was Drumpf originally. I know it's from the John Oliver segment but I thought they were called Drumpf over in Germany. Maybe some Trump's were and others weren't? I think the one that came from Germany and started the hotels and brothels for the Alaska Gold Rush came here as Trump and not Drumpf but I could be wrong.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

You Are A Elf posted:

I hear poo poo like that all the time with sports teams from a diehard sports fan coworker. Dallas Cow-GIRLS is an insult he throws around a lot :fuckoff:

These are called Rivals.com puns in SAS and are probated harshly.

mostlygray
Nov 1, 2012

BURY ME AS I LIVED, A FREE MAN ON THE CLUTCH

Magic Hate Ball posted:

People are incredibly lovely to fat people on the whole.

Only online. In general, I find that people treat people with respect when they can look them in the eye. I worked with a guy that went about 450lbs but could handle his weight. No one ever snickered behind his back and he was a great asset.

I did however work with another guy who's weight was about the same and he could *not* handle his weight. We didn't snicker, we were only concerned that he couldn't walk 100 feet without taking a break.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

WampaLord posted:

These are called Rivals.com puns in SAS and are probated harshly.

Well, not currently, but normally yes.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
Touchscreens. Mostly when trying to push on "play next episode" on the netflix app on my kindle fire and I slightly miss and it thinks I was trying to make it go away, and it won't come back so I am forced to sit through the minute and a half of credits. The buttons are just too sensitive and it sometimes makes me long for the days of when things had actual buttons.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Bonus is how button layout may change drastically as an app loads data, so you can hit an entirely different button than the one you're aiming for. I constantly share weird things to people instead of uploading them to my drive due to this.

Hardcordion
Feb 5, 2008

BARK BARK BARK

Brawnfire posted:

Bonus is how button layout may change drastically as an app loads data, so you can hit an entirely different button than the one you're aiming for. I constantly share weird things to people instead of uploading them to my drive due to this.

This is the woooorst. I swear some websites somehow know when I'm about to click a text field on my phone because it'll suddenly load a huge ad that shifts everything down the page.

bean_shadow
Sep 27, 2005

This has to do with parking lots. People who hold up traffic to wait for someone to leave their parking space. To the point where they are three or four cars behind them. Just parking somewhere else, you're holding everyone up!

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this
People who are weirdly reticent to open their window curtains or blinds. I've known so many people who keep their window coverings clamped shut at all times on the day, even when it's lovely out. Open them!!!

Joburg
May 19, 2013

Fun Shoe
My mentally challenged neighbor used to tell me that he saw my cat up on my kitchen counter through the window. I have learned to keep my curtains closed but it sucks :(

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Magic Hate Ball posted:

People who are weirdly reticent to open their window curtains or blinds. I've known so many people who keep their window coverings clamped shut at all times on the day, even when it's lovely out. Open them!!!

When you live in filth and self doubt the light of day can be very harsh indeed.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Joburg posted:

My mentally challenged neighbor used to tell me that he saw my cat up on my kitchen counter through the window. I have learned to keep my curtains closed but it sucks :(

I'm sure if you ask nicely your aide can move you somewhere else in the ward

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
The rise of people making "tfw" jokes with no pictures. Doesn't it stand for "that face when"?

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
People who wait for something (a person, a pickup, whatever) in a parking lot, without actually parking in a space. This lady outside my work was sitting talking on the phone at the exit of the parking lot yesterday, and I always see people stopped blocking a space or two while they wait. Just loving park in a spot!

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

When you have to twist a twist tie clockwise to loosen it. Righty tighty, lefty loosey should work fine, but no, some guy at the bread packaging line has to be a loving clown.

The rise of people making "tfw" jokes with no pictures. Doesn't it stand for "that face when"?

f = feeling

Fingerless Gloves
May 21, 2011

... aaand also go away and don't come back
You're thinking of mfw, Henchman

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

A FUCKIN CANARY!! posted:

When you have to twist a twist tie clockwise to loosen it. Righty tighty, lefty loosey should work fine, but no, some guy at the bread packaging line has to be a loving clown.

Huh, I was always taught right - remove and left - leave it on and also make it tighter.

Chef Bourgeoisie
Oct 9, 2016

by Reene

Inspector 34 posted:

People who wait for something (a person, a pickup, whatever) in a parking lot, without actually parking in a space. This lady outside my work was sitting talking on the phone at the exit of the parking lot yesterday, and I always see people stopped blocking a space or two while they wait. Just loving park in a spot!

People do this all the time at my apartment complex! What's worse is they'll do it in the narrow area between the parking sections, which is barely wide enough for two cars as is, so now good luck if you need to squeeze by or if two idiots decide to block it both ways (which happens way more frequently than it should) and everyone is just poo poo out of luck!
And then there's the idiots with the moving trucks, but I digress.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Agreed. Calling him Drumpf to make fun of him bothers me because the punchline is pretty much "foreign names sound dumb :smuggo:", which is just kinda awful. Make fun of him for any of his nearly infinite actual failings, don't take pot shots at his ancestors for anglicizing their last name specifically so people wouldn't give them grief when they moved to america

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Danaru posted:

Agreed. Calling him Drumpf to make fun of him bothers me because the punchline is pretty much "foreign names sound dumb :smuggo:", which is just kinda awful. Make fun of him for any of his nearly infinite actual failings, don't take pot shots at his ancestors for anglicizing their last name specifically so people wouldn't give them grief when they moved to america

It's supposed to point out that he's a hypocrite for being such a xenophobe but it's the clumsiest, dumbest way of doing it. Nobody has ever changed their mind because someone told them their family immigrated.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
Two of my biggest pet peeves occurred yesterday:

*people who, when intoxicated, want to talk about heavy, serious topics (politics, religion, etc.)
*a subway platform performer playing drums at like 2:30am

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Unless you are in a debate club, that's pretty much the only time to talk about it.

bean_shadow
Sep 27, 2005

Danaru posted:

The background to this is Trump tweeted to Jon Stewart to embrace his real name.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

bean_shadow posted:

The background to this is Trump tweeted to Jon Stewart to embrace his real name.

Yeah but it kept being driven into the ground long after he showed little (if any?) reaction to it. Like with everything John Oliver does, he starts out with a humorous story/idea and blows it way out of proportion and then runs it into the ground.

Anyway re: drunk chat about serious topics, I've learned to avoid it because usually in my experience the person is much less drunk than you are and will remember every embarrassing thing you say and won't let you forget it after everyone sobers up.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Targeted Facebook ads.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Baron Corbyn posted:

Targeted Facebook ads.

I hate those too. Also targeted quizzes. Pretty much facebook posts designed to be shared/commented on in general. My aunt was born in new orleans and at least once a week shares her results of whatever "if you're really from new orleans you'll get a 100% on this!" quiz is going around. I tried taking a couple and go figure, I got a 100% as did every single other person in the comments. Then today my dad fell for one of those posts where it's a blurry picture of a sexy lady and it tells you to "like" the post, comment CLEAR and then share with what happened. He did all 3 things and shared it and said "nothing". Why do people even do the last step after they realized it was just like-bait?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tight aspirations
Jul 13, 2009

yeah I eat rear end posted:

Why do people even do the last step after they realized it was just like-bait?

Because the defining characteristic of humanity is stupidity.

fe: Also my pet peeve.