Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.
So what happens if you merge 2 level 40 5*s together? Does the remaining get a minor stat boost?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Is there any way to get the badges for the rating increase if the colour you want isn't being offered in the Tower at the moment? Got like 3 units at 20 waiting.

akulanization
Dec 21, 2013

ChiTownEddie posted:

So what happens if you merge 2 level 40 5*s together? Does the remaining get a minor stat boost?

If you merge two units of the same rank the unit you merge onto gets +1 to two stats and some amount of SP determined by the rank in question.

Andrast posted:

There are plenty of units that deal with Julia. Her ability is 4 charge so it's pretty slow.

Fewer than you'd think since she's as hard hitting as Linde (single attack instead of a double) but less fragile.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Andrast posted:

There are plenty of units that deal with Julia. Her ability is 4 charge so it's pretty slow.

Yeah, it's not like Takumi where you'll very likely see Vengeance. Julia needs to be +SPD to reliably double, and even then with only 30 SPD pre-buff she won't be doubling a lot of characters. An inability to counter also means that she's easier to kill than Takumi, you just need someone that can tank her hit or bait her in.

She's like Hector - great on offense, but not that hard to deal with on defense, you just need the right unit or two. Remember that Julia doesn't start off with Dragon Fang, so pretty much any swordlord (even Lucina) can tank her hit and then demolish her afterwards. In fact Lyn loves fighting her, as the initial hit drops her to below 50%.

ApplesandOranges fucked around with this message at 07:11 on Feb 17, 2017

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
it is really disappointing to me that the store page doesn't have some sort of image of anna smugly smirking while she takes my money

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
Speaking of Anna and spending way too much money, they better have a Five Anna Firefight throwback as a banner with Fates Outlaw Anna (Archer), Trickster Awakening Anna (Levin Sword), vintage Merchant Anna (healer) and Apotheosis Anna (Lance).

Being able to have an Anna team that covers all bases- THAT would get me to drop half my monthly wage into this game.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
Aw junk, this new banner blows. I really need a blue that doesn't suck, and I'd really like it to be ranged :(

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

The White Dragon posted:

Aw junk, this new banner blows. I really need a blue that doesn't suck

Just level Sharena

The White Dragon posted:

and I'd really like it to be ranged :(

Nevermind then. You don't really have a lot of options if you want the blue to be ranged since that's basically only Linde and Robin.

Andrast fucked around with this message at 13:10 on Feb 17, 2017

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
Yeah, that's what I mean. My only other ranged is Elise, who isn't very good anyway but my only other 5*. I got extremely unlucky with my other rolls and everyone is subpar three-star units. My red is Tiki and my green is Camilla, which seems to work out halfway okay even when half the arena fights I see have Takumi in, and I'm not willing to give either of them up. I'd drop Elise if I got a replacement though :v:

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
I rolled and got a Chrom 4* but see no mention of a Falchion. Does that mean he can't upgrade into that weapon until 5?

And between the two of Robin and him, who should I 5*? I have no sword lord up until now and Robin is pretty dang strong on his own.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Robin is way better and useful. Sword users are a dime in a million.

ShinyDais
Sep 5, 2016
So, apparently there's a 1.5x Exp event going on until the end of 2/22. Helps a bit at the high levels.

Servaetes posted:

I rolled and got a Chrom 4* but see no mention of a Falchion. Does that mean he can't upgrade into that weapon until 5?

And between the two of Robin and him, who should I 5*? I have no sword lord up until now and Robin is pretty dang strong on his own.

Yes, look at Chrom's skills from a menu other than learn skills and you should see his entire skill list, which will note which skills can't be unlocked until 5*. As for who's better, yeah it's probably Robin but it could depend on your team comp. Chrom will do alright if a sword lord is really what you need. Slow, though, if I recall.

l0lwhat
Mar 30, 2005

Who touched my nuts?
I'm thinking about a DEF team for arena consisting of Azura, Nowi, Sharena and either Takumi or Lucina. That should deal with a couple of red lord teams or am I missing something crucial?

Stagger_Lee
Mar 25, 2009
My first pull on this new banner was all 3* - Stahl, Cecila, Wrys, Hinata, Hinata. I'm going to make the screenshot my desktop as a reminder not to spend money on gacha games.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
yikes, and three of them are free too. My sympathies.

Lord Ephraim
Feb 22, 2008

That's one way to get ahead in life, but nothing beats an axe to the face.
I rolled a 4* Effie with +atk IV. Is that the strongest unit in the game just by sheer attack alone? Now I'm torn between upgrading her, Nino or Cordelia.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

puschel posted:

I'm thinking about a DEF team for arena consisting of Azura, Nowi, Sharena and either Takumi or Lucina. That should deal with a couple of red lord teams or am I missing something crucial?

My not-at-all proven tactic for the defence team is to go all in an a lobsided trap crew. Low-level green as leader with three heavy duty blue units trying to poach sword lord teams.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Stagger_Lee posted:

My first pull on this new banner was all 3* - Stahl, Cecila, Wrys, Hinata, Hinata. I'm going to make the screenshot my desktop as a reminder not to spend money on gacha games.

It's definitely not worth spending if you're going for a scattergun approach and buying up every colour.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

sassassin posted:

It's definitely not worth spending if you're going for a scattergun approach and buying up every colour.

I'm not choosy and now I have hector and jeorge. I like Jeorge because he just occasionally does like double damage and murders whatever poor moron I aimed him at.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

ShinyDais posted:

So, apparently there's a 1.5x Exp event going on until the end of 2/22. Helps a bit at the high levels.

Yes, look at Chrom's skills from a menu other than learn skills and you should see his entire skill list, which will note which skills can't be unlocked until 5*. As for who's better, yeah it's probably Robin but it could depend on your team comp. Chrom will do alright if a sword lord is really what you need. Slow, though, if I recall.

Chrom has beastly defence but will get doubled by basically every relevant unit in the game. Upside is that he oneshots all the dragons and plays runaway defense really well.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

ShinyDais posted:

Yeah this is great. I have the 100% increase from the castle already, but I just drew a 5* Minerva I want to level and have like 10 4* dudes in the 10-20 range who I'd like to get up to 30+. Way I see it, once you hit 35 you're functionally usable for everything.

I'm about to hit the 7th win on a streak to go Advanced on for the big points, trying to decide if I should go with my usual team or if I should add the two starter chumps who are worth bonuses and risk the loss as they're still lower 30s.

Voodoo
Jun 3, 2003

m2sbr what
Had my first base 5* hit 40. Dragon Scion Tiki ended up being +SPD/-HP, which isn't too bad I suppose.

For my the other 5*s, it looks like Ryoma is +ATK/-RES (ok), and Cordelia is +DEF/-ATK which seems ehhh but I guess with Triangle Adept and Galeforce she overcome that easily enough.

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012

Nephzinho posted:

Yeah this is great. I have the 100% increase from the castle already, but I just drew a 5* Minerva I want to level and have like 10 4* dudes in the 10-20 range who I'd like to get up to 30+. Way I see it, once you hit 35 you're functionally usable for everything.

I'm about to hit the 7th win on a streak to go Advanced on for the big points, trying to decide if I should go with my usual team or if I should add the two starter chumps who are worth bonuses and risk the loss as they're still lower 30s.

The second bonus character does absolutely nothing.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Nephzinho posted:

The bonus is essential for a good score, and lower level guys give you easier opponents.

ShinyDais
Sep 5, 2016

Yorkshire Tea posted:

Chrom has beastly defence but will get doubled by basically every relevant unit in the game. Upside is that he oneshots all the dragons and plays runaway defense really well.

Okay yeah, looking at his stat spread that is rather a lot of Atk. And his Def is... enough, yeah. If you're going with a Sword Lord, I imagine a Falchion-wielder is usually best choice.

My Julia is +Atk -Spd, which doesn't seem great but is no worse than either of my Ninos (+Hp -Spd, +Def -Res) so she's fine. Seliph seems to basically be an off-brand Chrom with only Brash Assault as an edge, but I like him and take a +Atk -Res IV as justification to use him some times over Marth. Because follow your heart, right? I've enjoyed leveling these crazy kids, that's for sure.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
https://vimeo.com/204483376 Nino's a good kid.

The Hebug
May 24, 2004
I am a bug...

I am also unoriginal and would like teambuilding help. I'm currently running 5* Lucina, Lyn, Takumi, and 4* Nowi, but I have some pieces that I've been leveling up that I feel like could improve this lineup.

Seemingly decent things in the tank (all 4*):
Adult Tiki
Roy
Sharena
Nino
Sheena
Olivia
Serra

I feel like Nino, Sharena, and Olivia could make a good core for a team, Lucina seems complementary there, but then I feel like I'm missing out on the Takumi hype and I'm not maximizing use of the 5* units for score. Any suggestions are appreciated.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

The Hebug posted:

I am also unoriginal and would like teambuilding help. I'm currently running 5* Lucina, Lyn, Takumi, and 4* Nowi, but I have some pieces that I've been leveling up that I feel like could improve this lineup.

Adult Tiki
Roy
Sharena
Nino
Sheena
Olivia
Serra

I feel like Nino, Sharena, and Olivia could make a good core for a team, Lucina seems complementary there, but then I feel like I'm missing out on the Takumi hype and I'm not maximizing use of the 5* units for score. Any suggestions are appreciated.

Olivia would probably pair with Takumi pretty well, you also have the makings of a very powerful meme combination with Nino, Sharena, and Olivia (see that Vimeo I linked).

At that point you can probably safely run Takumi anyways, he's all about killing things and getting to do it twice with Olivia is powerful.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

The Hebug posted:

Adult Tiki
Roy
Sharena
Nino
Sheena
Olivia
Serra

Takumi/Olivia is powerful but makes teambuilding a little awkward since you end up losing coverage somewhere as Olivia doesn't really act as a check on powerful green units.

This is what makes Azura a lot more versatile.

I'd probably just sub in Nino for Lyn since Robin is really awkward for your current team and lucina brings a tonne of killing power in red as it is.

SpaceCadetBob
Dec 27, 2012
So I am just not getting the Robin hype. Mine is only 4*, but he can't even get close to fighting takumi? Not sure what I'm doing wrong, but every battle that Takumi is in I check the combat preview, and it is never in my favor.

deathbagel
Jun 10, 2008

SpaceCadetBob posted:

So I am just not getting the Robin hype. Mine is only 4*, but he can't even get close to fighting takumi? Not sure what I'm doing wrong, but every battle that Takumi is in I check the combat preview, and it is never in my favor.

You have to bait Takumi into attacking you first, then you kill him when you attack him the following turn.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

SpaceCadetBob posted:

What level are you? Remember that because characters have their best weapons from the start, the game is heavily attack-weighted at lower levels. It's not until nearly level 40 that even heavily defensive characters get to the point where they can really take multiple hits.

Zone of Danger
Apr 21, 2010
Does Kagero's Daggerbreaker line mean that she'll always double hit another ninja, and they'll never double her? Do I understand that correctly? The ability text is kinda poorly worded.

SpaceCadetBob
Dec 27, 2012

Zurai posted:

What level are you? Remember that because characters have their best weapons from the start, the game is heavily attack-weighted at lower levels. It's not until nearly level 40 that even heavily defensive characters get to the point where they can really take multiple hits.

Ahhh this must be it as I am only lvl 25 with him

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013

Zone of Danger posted:

Does Kagero's Daggerbreaker line mean that she'll always double hit another ninja, and they'll never double her? Do I understand that correctly? The ability text is kinda poorly worded.

Yes, so long as her health doesn't get too low.

I can have moments of... eccentricity and sometimes be quite curious about things. Please forgive me if I do something foolish or rude.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Zone of Danger posted:

Correct, same with all the other -breaker lines.

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

Still on my quest for decent blues and greens, but at least I have some more options now:

Of my current four star blues I've got:
Jagen
Est
Shanna
Florina
Nowi

And for 4* green I've got
Raven
Cherche
Fae

My first two people in PvP are five star Lyn and Kagero, but what should make up the last two?

From what I've read in the thread it sounds like Nowi is a clear winner for promotion to five star, but should I level Raven up for a solid green? Cherche for the armor piercing? Just run Olivia and take all the turns with Kagero/Lyn/Nowi?

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

ApplesandOranges posted:

Correct, same with all the other -breaker lines.

So what happens in Kagero vs. Kagero combat?

Hey Fingercuffs
Nov 29, 2007

Yo baby, you ever had your asshole licked by a fat man in an overcoat?

Elvis_Maximus posted:

From what I've read in the thread it sounds like Nowi is a clear winner for promotion to five star, but should I level Raven up for a solid green? Cherche for the armor piercing? Just run Olivia and take all the turns with Kagero/Lyn/Nowi?

Raven is my personal choice because of the Brave Axe. As long as you keep his matchups in his favor he will wreck everything. I was getting ready to promote him until I pulled a 4 star Robin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

kaschei posted:

So what happens in Kagero vs. Kagero combat?

Whichever one gets the first strike wins because Kagero is, herself, an infantry unit and thus dies to other_Kagero's Poison Dagger.