Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
incompetent
Jun 4, 2013

Let's all agree on that the only way to win an argument is pay :10bux: to change someone's avatar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

incompetent posted:

Let's all agree on that the only way to win an argument is pay :10bux: to change someone's avatar.

Harsh, but fair.

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

Or mock you until you at least learn that those ideas are less tolerable than furries, fans of the big bang theory, or the Pittsburgh Steelers

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
Let's step back and get a 9000 foot view of the situation

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
I for one am glad that whoever gave me this red text left my sweet Julio avatar.

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

Leperflesh posted:

They want to portray themselves as victims, so maybe don't literally physically attack them while they're peacefully demonstrating, yeah.

Why are you white knighting nazis? Those punches and subsequent video whining on youtube will never not be funny.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
I just want to deport every non-white person in America, and barring that, probably kill them all if they don't comply...

I'm just peacefully spreading my message of genocide and white supremacy, why are you winding up your fist?

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
I'll punch any white person for free. Gimme a list.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

No Irish Need Imply posted:

cash me ousside!

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.
I'm gonna need all of your TPS reports before you leave today. I'll be in "meetings" at the gym before going home early since it's Friday. Thanks, guys

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

No Irish Need Imply posted:

Andey

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Oh boy.

I'm not defending nazis, never did, never will. I'm declaring that punching student protestors, in front of cameras, only helps their cause. No matter how justified it is. It's poor tactics. It's handing them a Victim card on a silver platter. It feels satisfying, but it's stupid. We're not talking about actual Nazis waving swastikas. The argument was about whether it was perfectly fine to identify students who showed up at UC Berkeley to listen to a racist homophobic transphobic instigator-of-violence being physically assaulted by other students who wanted to prevent that speaker from speaking.

Like, I'm fine with the rioting, I was in favor of preventing that dude (who should be in jail for publicly doxxing trans students so they could be targeted) from speaking, but gosh, I dared to point out that punching a dude holding a sign makes him a victim and helps his side recruit.

This is too fine of a parsing for people to accept, then fine. But it's hilarious to be attacked from the left for taking basically a stance that nonviolence is more effective (and backing it up with academic research that shows that to be the case).

It's also got nothing at all to do with this football forum, but Chiche asked so I said.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Leperflesh posted:

Oh boy.

I'm not defending nazis, never did, never will. I'm declaring that punching student protestors, in front of cameras, only helps their cause. No matter how justified it is. It's poor tactics. It's handing them a Victim card on a silver platter. It feels satisfying, but it's stupid. We're not talking about actual Nazis waving swastikas. The argument was about whether it was perfectly fine to identify students who showed up at UC Berkeley to listen to a racist homophobic transphobic instigator-of-violence being physically assaulted by other students who wanted to prevent that speaker from speaking.

Like, I'm fine with the rioting, I was in favor of preventing that dude (who should be in jail for publicly doxxing trans students so they could be targeted) from speaking, but gosh, I dared to point out that punching a dude holding a sign makes him a victim and helps his side recruit.

This is too fine of a parsing for people to accept, then fine. But it's hilarious to be attacked from the left for taking basically a stance that nonviolence is more effective (and backing it up with academic research that shows that to be the case).

It's also got nothing at all to do with this football forum, but Chiche asked so I said.

Woah, don't drag me into this, George Lincoln Rockwell. :troll:

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Chichevache posted:

What's with the av?

:shrug:

I made a mistake thinking I could make a sober argument about effective tactics when we were discussing a super emotionally charged event that people were furious about. The response in this thread also suggests I was being a passive cuck pussy because real men use their fists.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Leperflesh posted:

Oh boy.

Leperflesh you stupid bitch, trap sprung!!!

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Wow guys so much for the tolerant left

:smug: :smug: :smug: :smug: :smug: :smug: :smug: :smug: :smug: :smug: :smug: :smug: :shepicide:

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Chilichimp posted:

Leperflesh you stupid bitch, trap sprung!!!

Yeah, I know. I can't help myself. I have a problem, OK?

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Leperflesh posted:

I made a mistake thinking I could make a sober argument about effective tactics when we were discussing a super emotionally charged event that people were furious about. The response in this thread also suggests I was being a passive cuck pussy because real men use their fists.

I think most of us are just pulling your leg, Broseph Goebbels.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Spoeank posted:

Wow guys so much for the tolerant left

:smug: :smug: :smug: :smug: :smug: :smug: :smug: :smug: :smug: :smug: :smug: :smug: :shepicide:

One in 13 men suffer from acute depression. Don't let this be you. Call 1-877-JED-YORK

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I would like to think so, friend Chiche. I truly would. But experience has shown that some people are deadly serious, and it's impossible to tell between posters that are, and aren't. Especially in poo poo garbage subforums like D&D, where I shouldn't bother to go.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Leperflesh posted:

Lol von Hindenburg (in this case I am pronouncing ":lol:" so that it rhymes with "Paul")

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

So are the Raiders stuck in Oakland now or what? he asked, blatantly trying to change the subject

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Leperflesh posted:

So are the Raiders stuck in Oakland now or what? he asked, blatantly trying to change the subject

It's the chat thread, you don't have to talk about football.

Also, I agree with you and think a lot of masturbation over using brute force on ideologues whose entire perspective endorses brute force really doesn't go anywhere.

And no, I believe in the Vegas Raiders.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
Done.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Leperflesh posted:

In penance I demand a full write of of GW financials.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Leperflesh posted:

You're right and most of the people disagreeing are idiots that will never see the logic in a statement such as, "If you punch someone who's spreading a message chances are you're going to get more people to side with the person punched than the people who already side with you." Nope, you're a Nazi supporter for daring to say that you prefer peaceful protests over violence.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Bad Moon posted:

In penance I demand a full write of of GW financials.

They're looking pretty good these days. Not great for thread drama, but welp. Age of Sigmar didn't kill the company and actually since they seem to be going down a similar path for 40k, I'd guess the company views it as a financial success?

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

since we are intelligently discussing things that help the cause of pro-genocide folks i want to tell any of you who may be on the fence to stop being on the fence and definitely dont support the Cause that is currently benefiting from all of them punches.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Cavauro posted:

since we are intelligently discussing things that help the cause of pro-genocide folks i want to tell any of you who may be on the fence to stop being on the fence and definitely dont support the Cause that is currently benefiting from all of them punches.

A silver lining to the dark cloud of genocide: Jed York would be gone.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
So I'm phoneposting who's the new mod

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

So I'm phoneposting who's the new mod

it's you congrats

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
It's always been my dream to be a mod

You're all banned

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001
Forum Veteran And Professor Emeritus of Condiment Studies

Leperflesh posted:

Your argument is dumb. Who gives a poo poo if Nazis portray themselves as the victims? They piss on people playing the victim all the time, so everyone has a giant pool of quotes to pull from to throw back in their faces when they do it.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Punching Nazis = good
Punching 1 Nazi causing a different, lazy Nazi to get off his couch and go be Nazis in the street = bad

Their whole thing is couched in non-Aryans being insane unhinged nutters and we go out and punch them and they go "see?!?!" and it galvanizes them.

It's not about convincing you or me that punching Nazis is bad, it's about videos of Nazis getting punched turning into Nazi propaganda

How is this so hard to grasp.

How.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Oh god, the infection is spreading, I'm so sorry

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
otoh, punch nazi's all day err'day

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Leperflesh posted:

Oh god, the infection is spreading, I'm so sorry

Your worse crime is you only gave a one paragraph response. You're losing your perspicacity !

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.
Why would any normal person post in D&D?

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

What will come first, an openly gay or an openly nazi nfl player?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Diqnol posted:

What will come first, an openly gay or an openly nazi nfl player?

Didn't the later already happen in Philly?

• Locked thread