Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

:stat:man
Still some time to take me up on my offer to bet two dollars for every dollar you bet, money going to a charity of the winner's choice, on whether Otto Porter shoots 40% or better on threes after the all star break. This is your opportunity to support a good cause and make fun of me for being hilariously wrong about my irrational hatred of goon favorite Otto Porter. So far I'm on the line for $130, but you can make me look even stupider!

The rules are:

1. Regular season stats only, between Feb 24 and Apr 12.
2. If he attempts fewer than 50 threes in that span, the bet's off.
3. If Porter shoots 40% or better, I will donate twice the amount you bet to a charity of your choice.
4. If Porter does not make 40% of his threes, you donate your bet to a charity of my choice.
5. Proof of donation is a screencap of the receipt with any identifying info blacked out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Fine I'll put 10 dollars on it cus Otto Porter nailed a bunch of 3's last night. I'm a dumb gambler.

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

The importance of this mission cannot be overemphasized

Lockback posted:

Pro Athletes frequently have lovely eating habits, but this isn't surprising when your body actually needs 5000 calories a day and there is no shortage of people who want to bring you out to eat.

Michael Phelps' daily diet when training for the 2008 Olympics:

Breakfast: Three fried-egg sandwiches with cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, fried onions and mayonnaise. Two cups of coffee. One five-egg omelette. One bowl of grain. Three slices of French toast topped. Three chocolate-chip pancakes.

Lunch: One pound of pasta. Two large ham and cheese sandwiches with mayonnaise on white bread, plus energy drinks that supply him with another 1,000 calories.

Dinner: One pound of pasta, an entire pizza and even more energy drinks.

:stare:

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

dokmo posted:

Still some time to take me up on my offer to bet two dollars for every dollar you bet, money going to a charity of the winner's choice, on whether Otto Porter shoots 40% or better on threes after the all star break. This is your opportunity to support a good cause and make fun of me for being hilariously wrong about my irrational hatred of goon favorite Otto Porter. So far I'm on the line for $130, but you can make me look even stupider!

The rules are:

3. If Porter shoots 40% or better, I will donate twice the amount you bet to a charity of your choice.
4. If Porter does not make 40% of his threes, you donate your bet to a charity of my choice.
5. Proof of donation is a screencap of the receipt with any identifying info blacked out.

This is really cool and a great idea but I am not putting my money on Otto Porter being a good basketball player.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

dokmo posted:

The rules are:

I'm in for $10 as well.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Lmao I love Russ

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
The Worst Dunk Contest Ever (and it's not the lovely wheel of dunks one):

http://www.sbnation.com/2017/2/17/14650466/nba-dunk-contest-1997-worst-ever-kobe-bryant

So good

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Spoeank posted:

http://www.sbnation.com/2017/2/17/14650466/nba-dunk-contest-1997-worst-ever-kobe-bryant

So good

aint no rule says the dog cant play basketball

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Spoeank posted:

So good

The video's great but my god the abuse of commas in that article made my head spin

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

tanglewood1420 posted:

Breakfast: Three fried-egg sandwiches with cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, fried onions and mayonnaise. Two cups of coffee. One five-egg omelette. One bowl of grain. Three slices of French toast topped. Three chocolate-chip pancakes.

Lunch: One pound of pasta. Two large ham and cheese sandwiches with mayonnaise on white bread, plus energy drinks that supply him with another 1,000 calories.

Holy loving poo poo.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

pubic works project posted:

Holy loving poo poo.

Turns out swimming and weight lifting all day takes a lot of calories

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I would be so happy if I could eat 3 egg sandwiches every morning and not get fat. Never mind all the other stuff.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

RCarr posted:

I would be so happy if I could eat 3 egg sandwiches every morning and not get fat. Never mind all the other stuff.

I'd be happy if I could just be a world class Olympian with a record for most gold medals

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

https://twitter.com/ESPNSteinLine/status/832677331411931136

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

Kibner posted:

Jealous of the band kids leading Mutombo into the gym:

https://twitter.com/WWLTV/status/832419174060322816

I was in NOLA the week after the all star game last time they had it. I was staying a ways down on St. Claude with no car playing tourist so most of my days began with a half hour walk into the quarter/downtown or wherever. Every day on that long walk I had to walk by a school that still had signs up from when NBA players were visiting it and get jealous cause goddamn I know you kids are 13 and need it more than I do but I just wanna chill with NBA players too you know?

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

It would own if I looked like a classical statue and everybody cheered me and garlanded me in endorsement money instead of looking like a fesfering sack of oatmeal as children punch and jeer at me in the street.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

RCarr posted:

Do a good run for about 90 minutes. That should burn about 3 egg sandwiches.

Probably not so much with the gold medals.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

I know that ppl hate Reggie Jackson, but trading fringe NBA players for him seems good for the Magic

Bush Did Outer Heaven
Jan 18, 2005

The Sweetest Payne
it's 'bout time someone traded for jeff green again.

also, if SVG wants his old guys back, he's welcome to kyle singler.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

tanglewood1420 posted:

That one is equally horrifying as the hunter s thompson daily routine.

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

Holy loving poo poo.

There are videos of people attempting to eat it all on youtube and it always starts off with them happy and optimistic and by the time they get to lunch they want to kill themselves.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Jota posted:

There are videos of people attempting to eat it all on youtube and it always starts off with them happy and optimistic and by the time they get to lunch they want to kill themselves.

I bet they all tear up the bathroom.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Jota posted:

I've been trying to find the drat quote but there was an offensive lineman who said he wanted to quit football because the thought of how much food he had to eat made him physically ill.

Two PB&J sandwiches and two glasses of whole milk before going to bed before eating like a drat monster all day is what he cited as the worst part.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Spoeank posted:

I've been trying to find the drat quote but there was an offensive lineman who said he wanted to quit football because the thought of how much food he had to eat made him physically ill.

Two PB&J sandwiches and two glasses of whole milk before going to bed before eating like a drat monster all day is what he cited as the worst part.

I remember reading about Nick Hardwick from San Diego who lost a poo poo ton of weight when he retired. He was talking about everything he ate and my tummy hurt just from reading it!

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Sure why not. Send us your tired, your poor shooters, your cancerous dimwits yearning to be free to dribble several dozen times a possession.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Hennigan rides again !

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

You need a whole carefully constructed workout and weaning program when you leave professional athletics just to get back to a normal diet. Otherwise you'll end up a giant fatass like military dudes do when they get done with overseas deployments.

Like when he's not training, how does Phelps dial back? He just eats a fifth of his usual diet? He'd be starving all the time.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Oh my god, Jeff Green is going to be involved in a major trade AGAIN

How does he keep doing this

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Tae posted:

Can you call that a major trade though?

I mean, this summs it up for me

DeimosRising posted:

Sure why not. Send us your tired, your poor shooters, your cancerous dimwits yearning to be free to dribble several dozen times a possession.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Tae posted:

I'm still amazed he got a one year, $15 million deal.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Jeff Green is on a one year deal so it's more of salary dump than anything

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

So Kyrie Irving may or may not believe:

- the earth is flat.
- other planets don't exist.
- we didn't land on the moon.
- JFK and Bob Marley were assassinated by shadowy govt. cabals and aliens.

http://www.nba.com/cavaliers/features/road-trip-170217

Your move Blake "the Earth is only 5000 years old" Griffin.

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Kyrie rules

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
IIRC Phelps has said that diet is not real.

https://www.yourswimlog.com/michael-phelps-diet-pasta-energy-drinks-myth/

Ratzinc
Aug 14, 2004

MY BALLS ARE THE SIZE OF GRAPEFRUITS
Would Rose for Rubio trade be a terrible idea? I'm just thinking the wolves would get a vet, New York gets a more competent passer out of it.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

Ratzinc posted:

Would Rose for Rubio trade be a terrible idea? I'm just thinking the wolves would get a vet, New York gets a more competent passer out of it.

Why would Minnesota want to do that? Rubio is a younger, better player than Rose on a cheaper contract, and Rubio also largely out-performs his contract, meaning he is an asset. Plus, MN has tons of cap space next year, so if they want Rose they could just offer him a contract.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

I'm still amazed he got a one year, $15 million deal.

That deal basically exists to be traded, you realize that right?

Also I'm amazed that Tae spelt Jeff Green right

Ratzinc
Aug 14, 2004

MY BALLS ARE THE SIZE OF GRAPEFRUITS

Lockback posted:

Why would Minnesota want to do that? Rubio is a younger, better player than Rose on a cheaper contract, and Rubio also largely out-performs his contract, meaning he is an asset. Plus, MN has tons of cap space next year, so if they want Rose they could just offer him a contract.

Rose shoots better and is an actual offensive threat, and their assist numbers are fairly close (6 vs 8). Might give their offense a different look, and knows how Thibs defense works.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
The level of defense that Rubio provides vs. Rose is the difference between Tony Allen and Anthony Morrow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

YEah the Green deal was clearly signed with the intention of moving it. The players Orlando is apparently sending out are of no use to them. The problem is that Jackson probably isn't going to "figure it out" and as it stands he's not even a dramatic improvement over Elfrid Payton.

• Locked thread