Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

Oh, duh. Hypothetically if both survived (due to huge -attack/+def buffs or just being really low level) the first volley would either double hit?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Should Sharena be turned 5*? Her 5* skills seems really useful but she keeps getting dunked on by 5*s as it is. I assume nothing will really change? Atk-4 and Def+5 is a lot of damage mitigation.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
Sharena happens to be one of the better blue spears right now. If you have feathers burning a hole in your pocket and nobody else worth 5*ing, then go for it.

Kemito
Nov 4, 2003

Pepsi Molotov!
I took this picture.
My takumi has turned out to be -atk/+spd. How bad of a nature is this for him?

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Kemito posted:

My takumi has turned out to be -atk/+spd. How bad of a nature is this for him?

He should still be better than not using Takumi. If you ever luck into drawing another, that second one will likely be better though.

Doctor Shitfaced
Feb 13, 2012
Do unit stat natures matter all that much if you only play PVP casually? I can't imagine they matter too much for PVE.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Doctor Shitfaced posted:

Do unit stat natures matter all that much if you only play PVP casually? I can't imagine they matter too much for PVE.

All of the PvE content so far has been really easy so you can use whatever. If you don't really care about your score in the arena I don't see why you would really care about this stat stuff either.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Doctor Shitfaced posted:

9-2 lunatic upwards are the only fights that are potentially hard even with a level 40 team that has a few 5*s. The difference between a perfectly statted 5* and an imperfectly statted one isn't so big as to change that.

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

My Lyn is +HP/-Res which seems pretty meh, and my Lucina is +Atk/-Spd which is gross :( She hits like a truck but can't double for squat. Also my Takumi is +HP/-Spd. What's with these - Spd IVs???

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

kaschei posted:

Oh, duh. Hypothetically if both survived (due to huge -attack/+def buffs or just being really low level) the first volley would either double hit?

I had that happen once, the battle prompt said neither got to double. I assume enough speed difference from buffs or such would let you double.

Doctor Shitfaced
Feb 13, 2012

Andrast posted:

All of the PvE content so far has been really easy so you can use whatever. If you don't really care about your score in the arena I don't see why you would really care about this stat stuff either.

Pretty much. I do my dailies and otherwise burn stamina in the tower/chip away at the story for orbs. Merging units is only worthwhile at 5 stars when they get to permanently keep stat bonuses, yeah? Which would require a stupid amount of feathers? I think I'll just send my spares home.

Freaksaus
Jun 13, 2007

Grimey Drawer
So erm, what are the odds of this?

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Freaksaus posted:

Of what? Getting those five characters specifically? Getting two five stars? Getting two of the same five star? Getting two Eirikas, specifically? Any of those given the display was 3 reds and two greens? All of those have very different answers. They can all be summarized as "low" though

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013

Freaksaus posted:

Since Erika is a focus character, likely higher than you might think, but still pretty low. Someone else can do the maths.

I can have moments of... eccentricity and sometimes be quite curious about things. Please forgive me if I do something foolish or rude.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Stephen9001 posted:

Since Erika is a focus character, likely higher than you might think, but still pretty low. Someone else can do the maths.

Since none of the new heroes are int he main gacha, this is actually the same chance as the rest of the 5*s this time

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013

Senerio posted:

Since none of the new heroes are int he main gacha, this is actually the same chance as the rest of the 5*s this time

What I mean is two Erika's is more likely than, say, two Hector's.

I can have moments of... eccentricity and sometimes be quite curious about things. Please forgive me if I do something foolish or rude.

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

Senerio posted:

Focus characters are drawn from a much smaller pool. It's 5* rate/4 instead of 5* rate/the size of the general 5* pool.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Senerio posted:

Each given focus is still around 9.5 times as likely as any given non-focus 5*. Julia is more like 10x as likely given that you select a green because greens are 25% of the focus characters and only 21% of the non-focus 5*s.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

Doctor Shitfaced posted:

Not one iota and if you ever have trouble in PvP just take three 40s instead of four or however you want to sandbag the system.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Stephen9001 posted:

The chance of pulling 1 Eirika (at base chance) is 1.5%. If you square that you get around a 1 in 4000 chance. This calculation assumes you got exactly two red stones. I've no idea what the maths for every possible stone result is.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

DalaranJ posted:

The chance of pulling 1 Eirika (at base chance) is 1.5%. If you square that you get around a 1 in 4000 chance. This calculation assumes you got exactly two red stones. I've no idea what the maths for every possible stone result is.

Assuming you five pull blindly, the chance of two Eirikas is 0.05%. This will have to be modified if you assume a specific number of reds showing up.

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

kaschei posted:

So what happens in Kagero vs. Kagero combat?

Imagine four Kageros on the edge of a cliff

Fire emblem works the same way.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
anyone got the japanese Stat Variance calc handy? i got a couple of 4* ninos and wanna see if they have that listed on the japanese site since the english one doesnt have 4* nino

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
https://fireemblem.gamewith.jp/article/show/51352 or https://fireemblem.gamewith.jp/article/show/51662

Out of curiosity, does anyone know if the 10k feathers were only for people playing at that exact moment, or if all new accounts get them too?

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Clarste posted:

https://fireemblem.gamewith.jp/article/show/51352 or https://fireemblem.gamewith.jp/article/show/51662

Out of curiosity, does anyone know if the 10k feathers were only for people playing at that exact moment, or if all new accounts get them too?

when I was considering rerolling after 75 orbs gave me jack squat on the new banner, the accounts I made got the 10 dueling crests and 10k feathers along with the 2 daily orbs.

Dr. Video Games 0112
Jan 7, 2004

serious business

Clarste posted:

https://fireemblem.gamewith.jp/article/show/51662

People rerolling are still getting them, I think. But it's probably not permanent.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Yea they want you to get that first 5* hero pretty fast, as an ad for the summoning mechanic

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Spellman posted:

Yea they want you to get that first 5* hero pretty fast, as an ad for the summoning mechanic

That's funny, it took me like ten restarts to get a single 5* :v

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

My feather count is real annoying right now at 19.5k because I really wanna upgrade my 3* Nino but then I won't have enough to upgrade my 4* Robin after the season ends if I do. :mad:

Sendo
Jul 26, 2011

Seliph really kind of sucks, kind of regret even bothering to level him up.

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

Who pairs well with Lyn? She's so finicky and even though it's not a fair comparison, my +Atk Lucina just hits way harder whenever Lyn isn't enraged. I'm guessing you really need a dancer to make her work, huh?

Also I'm bitter that enraged Lucina doubles Lyn. :mad:

Philip Rivers fucked around with this message at 01:17 on Feb 18, 2017

Setset
Apr 14, 2012
Grimey Drawer
anyone want to explain why Marth is S tier above Lyn? his Pivot skill seems really mediocre and they both have the same spur spd skill

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

Lube banjo posted:

anyone want to explain why Marth is S tier above Lyn? his Pivot skill seems really mediocre and they both have the same spur spd skill

Falchion and self heal mostly

Philip Rivers posted:

Who pairs well with Lyn? She's so finicky and even though it's not a fair comparison, my +Atk Lucina just hits way harder whenever Lyn isn't enraged. I'm guessing you really need a dancer to make her work, huh?

Lucina. Anyone with an attack buff to take advantage of her insta-double, like Sharena.

Idk why you would compare to nonenrage Lyn that's p much her point. Just use a different sword if you don't like it?

Spellman
May 31, 2011

When you get to level 40 and you're still 100s of SP away from getting that character's final skills

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

Philip Rivers posted:

You already got the answer. Azura/Lyn is absolutely insane.

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

Lube banjo posted:

Kind of the reasons I listed. Marth has good base stats and is easy to slot in, but Lyn has not that great base attack and has to be below half health to really deal much damage, at which point she leaves herself open to revenge killing. Her speed is very good but 37 base misses the cutoff to double on neutral Takumi, any of the other most important sword lords, and +Spd Kagero and Tiki, which limits her ability in the fray. She really needs either +Spd to be able to reliably proc Sol Katti (40 Spd doubles anything slower than a neutral Lucina), or a team that facilitates her doing dance/Galeforce murder rampages.

Philip Rivers fucked around with this message at 01:52 on Feb 18, 2017

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Now that I consistently remember drag back exists, I'm having good fun with it on Eirika.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
I rarely initiate attacks with her anyway, since I find that she's not really tanky enough to handle it (possibly because mine is +HP/-DEF). She mostly just stands in front of Nino.

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

I feel like Lyn/Eirika/Azura/Nino could be a really nasty team. Hone Spd would fix a lot of Lyn's problems and she'd even be able to one-shot Lucina with a Sol Katti proc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

sassassin posted:

Now that I consistently remember drag back exists, I'm having good fun with it on Eirika.

Olivia has kind of ruined me and now has a permanent spot on my already limited team. I like being able to smack a dude back with her then move Roy in front of her and murder the guy. Or use nino to pull her back, or finish them off. You know, when I'm not just using dance forever to make sure everyone dies. But she's like, half the level of the rest of the team and I'd like her to survive the occasional hit.

Clarste posted:

I rarely initiate attacks with her anyway, since I find that she's not really tanky enough to handle it (possibly because mine is +HP/-DEF). She mostly just stands in front of Nino.

Initiating attacks is a trap anyway. Unless you can kill the guy, or you have healer standing by then it just leaves you weaker for when they take their turn and the game doesn't always factor in special attacks and stuff into the damage list. More than once I've had it listed as a sure kill but they had a damage buff special attack for their retaliation that murdered my guy. Likewise I've had guys go to kill Hector, it was listed as bringing him down to 0 HP, but he activated buckler and survived.