Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Waterbed Wendy posted:

How, if you can, would you label yourself politically. You don't have to answer, I'm just curious.

Proletariat

:ussr:

:synpa:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

Disillusioned leftist / independent

Oh ok cool. Good thing your nice, clean, conservative sweetheart can look past that. She must have a kind heart.

I'm a mean, dirty, liberal fwiw.

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.
Can someone please post that clip of Hillary being like "taking down criminal bankers won't end racism and sexism"

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

Waterbed Wendy posted:

Oh ok cool. Good thing your nice, clean, conservative sweetheart can look past that. She must have a kind heart.

I'm a mean, dirty, liberal fwiw.

Ahaha, this is totally correct. We used to fight all the time about this stuff, but she's a very nice person. Plus things aren't so cut and dry out in the real world. People don't neatly fall into one camp or another

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

Toadvine posted:

Can someone please post that clip of Hillary being like "taking down criminal bankers won't end racism and sexism"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ORWM0ukT-Xw&t

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

Ahaha, this is totally correct. We used to fight all the time about this stuff, but she's a very nice person. Plus things aren't so cut and dry out in the real world. People don't neatly fall into one camp or another

I realize people aren't black and white paragons of one of two ideologies.

My mother was a liberal when she married my Conservative Republican father. They just didn't talk about politics a lot. She would vote D in elections and he R.

Then my mom kind of did a 180, she is a Trump supporter now and my parent's exclusively watch Fox News and listen to AM Talk Radio (in GA) for all their news. It can get frustrating, I refuse to engage with them in political discussions even though they are champing at the bit to start one.

My mom will even link me articles from noted scholastic websites such as ChicksOnTheRight.com. She posts them on my wall and will just be like, so what are YOUR thoughts on this??? I usually just ignore it or give a joke answer.

Example of linked articles: http://www.chicksontheright.com/now-feminist-hosebeasts-want-stop-daddy-daughter-dates/

quote:

If feminists weren’t such hateful, arrogant, beastly hags, I would actually feel sorry for them.

Some feminist chick named Elizabeth Broadbent posted a piece entitled “Honestly, Daddy-Daughter Dates Are Anything But Innocent.” You can probably guess where this sack of horse manure is going to go.

Apparently, Elizabeth wants us to think that because there are dads who – GASP – want to be involved in their daughters’ lives and take an interest in their well-being, that it’s somehow some insidious tool of the EEEEEEEEVIL patriarchy to keep women and girls lower on the societal totem pole than men –

Like.... idk what to even say to that or why my mom wants my take on such a weird issue.

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ORWM0ukT-Xw

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

quote:

Some feminist chick named Elizabeth Broadbent posted a piece entitled “Honestly, Daddy-Daughter Dates Are Anything But Innocent.” You can probably guess where this sack of horse manure is going to go.

Apparently, Elizabeth wants us to think that because there are dads who – GASP – want to be involved in their daughters’ lives and take an interest in their well-being, that it’s somehow some insidious tool of the EEEEEEEEVIL patriarchy to keep women and girls lower on the societal totem pole than men –

lol that's some pedo poo poo right there

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

Moridin920 posted:

lol that's some pedo poo poo right there

What if a father wants to take his gay son to a father son dance tho

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
there are father son dances??

lmao

Old Story
Jun 2, 2006

Oven Wrangler
Nothing wrong with daddy-daughter events but there's a specifically American type of event where the preteen daughters pledge to safeguard their precious virginity in a pseudo-marriage ceremony where there's a ring exchange with their father and people weep sad tears over the prospect of future teenage penises. It's p hosed imo

bag em and tag em
Nov 4, 2008
Purity balls are psycho weird. Spending time with your daughter is not. Hope that clears this complex issue up.

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

Knight posted:

AP: Trump administration considers mobilizing as many as 100,000 National Guard troops to round up unauthorized immigrants.
AP Article: The troops would not be nationalized, remaining under state control.
Oklahoma Lawyer: Alright, looking at a copy of the draft memo now. It never suggests nationalizing the Guard.

No poo poo!

It says nothing about rounding anyone up. Read further down to the other tweets.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Spending time with your daughter is not weird but idk that you have to formalize it in a "Daddy-Daughter Dance" that's just fuckin' weird man idk

Maybe I'm the weird one.

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

How bout that Hillary Clinton, huh? You guys hear about this? I heard she said stupid things during her two terrible election campaigns!! This is still relevant because,

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

Moridin920 posted:

Spending time with your daughter is not weird but idk that you have to formalize it in a "Daddy-Daughter Dance" that's just fuckin' weird man idk

Maybe I'm the weird one.

Usually girls are the ones that like formal occasions like dances though lol... You think a dad is like "drat, whens that next dance with punch and streamers, can't wait"

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009
Purity Balls yeah.

I don't have a problem with daughter-daddy dances or mother-son dances or daddy-daddy dances, or mommy-daughter dances, or whatever. Purity balls are a step too far because they literally pledge their bodies to God and their dad and that's icky.

What bothers me most about that website is the writing is so bad and the women who write for them are so full of venom towards people who are different than them. Unsurprisingly, their writers are all white and mostly blond women, because who else would they let in the club?

The founders:

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

Moridin920 posted:

Maybe I'm the weird one.

I could see it being useful as allowing your daughter to figure out the social norms for that sort of event without having some pubescent date slobbering all over her and making things weird. But I guess depending on your dad it could be worse with him.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

Usually girls are the ones that like formal occasions like dances though lol... You think a dad is like "drat, whens that next dance with punch and streamers, can't wait"

I guess. I'm just picturing a bunch of dudes slowdancing with their 15 year old daughters and it seems odd. Maybe I'm just conflating it with the pictures from those "purity" events 'cuz those are loving woah.

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

nothing wrong with daughterfucker balls in our daughterfucker country led by our wholesome daughterfucker president :911:

TheSpamalope
Dec 30, 2008

by sebmojo
Lipstick Apathy

Moridin920 posted:

there are father son dances??

lmao

Lmao

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009

tao of lmao posted:

How bout that Hillary Clinton, huh? You guys hear about this? I heard she said stupid things during her two terrible election campaigns!! This is still relevant because,

It's was supposed to be a liberal tears thread after it was supposed to be a trump is hosed thread but now it's a catch all politics thread and I just wanna laugh at the big name losers to keep my own loser self sane

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009
We had father-daughter dances in Girl Scouts. It was basically a fun way to have a family night out where you get to dress up and dance the Twist with your dad and then go eat cookies with your friends. It's not like they were playing Jamaican Dancehall music or whatever.

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

Moridin920 posted:

I guess. I'm just picturing a bunch of dudes slowdancing with their 15 year old daughters and it seems odd. Maybe I'm just conflating it with the pictures from those "purity" events 'cuz those are loving woah.

Have you ever considered it's for the daughter to enjoy and not the dad? Maybe the dad would put himself into a boring, lovely, awkward event for his daughter's sake?

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

Moridin920 posted:

I think you do those way earlier than 15 but I'm not positive.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

Have you ever considered it's for the daughter to enjoy and not the dad? Maybe the dad would put himself into a boring, lovely, awkward event for his daughter's sake?

Can't he just take her to a ballet show or something tho

I mean look it's fine obv lol I'm not that hung up about it.

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot
This is exactly what that Trump mom was talking about. Any dad that loves his daughter is called a pedo by hosed up women who hate their dads

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

This is exactly what that Trump mom was talking about. Any dad that loves his daughter is called a pedo by hosed up women who hate their dads

I was originally just kinda raising an eyebrow at defending the concept of "Daddy-Daughter Dates" because that sounds like some weirdo poo poo lol.

I don't think Trump is loving his daughter.

Altho lol at the Jeff Epstein stuff.

TheSpamalope
Dec 30, 2008

by sebmojo
Lipstick Apathy
Dads and daughters can hang out but calling it a date just adds a layer of slime to the whole thing like why do that

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

TheSpamalope posted:

Dads and daughters can hang out but calling it a date just adds a layer of slime to the whole thing like why do that

Right!

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009
Another COTR article that might be a little less divisive in this thread:

http://www.chicksontheright.com/according-to-the-new-york-times-husbands-are-deadlier-than-terrorists-happy-valentines-day/

According To The New York Times, Husbands Are Deadlier Than Terrorists. Happy Valentine’s Day!

quote:

Oh boy! Just what I want on Valentine’s Day! The New York Times blowing feminist BS out its fart-hole.

(And yes, I just called it a fart-hole. Because deep down in my heart of hearts, I am twelve.)

The Fishwrap of Record (or, as Andrew Klavan calls it, “a former newspaper”) has proclaimed that Americans have more to fear from married men than they do from ISIS, Al Qaeda, the Taliban, and any other insane Islamic terrorists. Because married men tend to – GASP – own guns! And there’s a long and storied history of married men going on murderous rampages because… the New York Times said so?

Above all, fear spouses: Husbands are incomparably more deadly in America than jihadist terrorists.
And husbands are so deadly in part because in America they have ready access to firearms, even when they have a history of violence. In other countries, brutish husbands put wives in hospitals; in America, they put them in graves.
(Side Note: Does this mean that homosexual men who are married are twice as likely to kill each other? I mean, those relationships involve TWO husbands. That can’t be good for the odds.)

Don’t know about any of you other married ladies, but if my husband somehow lost all sanity and reason and decided to try shooting me, he’d have to do it from under a rain of bullets from my end. ‘Cause self-defense and whatnot (and it’d be his own fault – he insisted I have a gun of my own. I didn’t protest, of course).

Really, what this column is trying to do is say “Why is President Trump worried about Muslim terrorists? You’re more likely to be killed by lightning or drown in a bathtub or shot by your own husband.

Last year Americans were less likely to be killed by Muslim terrorists than for being Muslim, according to Charles Kurzman of the University of North Carolina. The former is a risk of approximately one in 17 million; the latter, one in one million.
The bottom line is that most years in the U.S., ladders kill far more Americans than Muslim terrorists do. Same with bathtubs. Ditto for stairs. And lightning.
Oh… I don’t know… because POTUS actually has some control over America’s response to organized terrorist groups. Because such groups have ACTIVELY THREATENED to kill Americans by any means necessary. Because their murderous ideology and culture proclaims that anyone who isn’t a Muslim or practicing Islam the way they dictate it is worthy of death. Because they believe all of Western civilization has declared war on Islam simply by existing.

President Trump can do – and is doing – something about that. The stairs and the bathtubs, the American people can handle that within their own homes (and if anyone has a way to exert control over lightning, we need to talk to that individual about the Avengers Initiative).

Trying to downplay the threat of terrorism by comparing it to all these other incredibly stupid things is not only ignorant, it’s irresponsible. But it doesn’t matter to the New York Times. Because their preferred candidate lost, so they have to dog the president that they clearly hate every step of the way. Even if that means scoffing at his attempts to keep America safe.

It’s pretty pathetic when a news outlet with the tradition and history of the New York Times has so obviously sold out journalistic integrity just to score political points with the Democrat Party. But such is the world we live in. (#FakeNews)

Waterbed Wendy fucked around with this message at 21:52 on Feb 17, 2017

That Robot
Sep 16, 2004

ask me anything about robots
Buglord

Moridin920 posted:

look at how the bourgie despise us comrades

well son

i know you suck it down like none other and I respect that :patriot:

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

Disillusioned leftist / independent

im lollin it

you sound like you came from a john birch society bunker

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Waterbed Wendy posted:

http://www.chicksontheright.com/according-to-the-new-york-times-husbands-are-deadlier-than-terrorists-happy-valentines-day/

According To The New York Times, Husbands Are Deadlier Than Terrorists. Happy Valentine’s Day!

STATISTICS AAAAARRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

don't downplay threat of 0.0004% chance of death by mentioning other daily activities that carry a higher chance of death!!! BAD! SAD!

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Moridin920 posted:

I don't think Trump is loving his daughter.

*leans into mic* wrong

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I mean I wouldn't be surprised if he was but I don't think he is.

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Waterbed Wendy posted:

literally triggered on valentines day smdh

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009
Anyway, it's just an endless stream of OpEd pieces that have the same writing style (stupid) and really really hate when anyone says anything even remotely bad about Men or Trump or Jesus.

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

Waterbed Wendy posted:

Anyway, it's just an endless stream of OpEd pieces that have the same writing style (stupid) and really really hate when anyone says anything even remotely bad about Men or Trump or Jesus.

So like an inverted Huffington Post

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender

new phone who dis posted:

It says nothing about rounding anyone up. Read further down to the other tweets.
That's a strange thing to say. The memo says it would authorize troops "to perform the functions of an immigration officer in relation to the investigation, apprehension and detention of aliens in the United States." Are you saying that's not their intent?

• Locked thread