Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.
Zaul is definitely better in a vacuum, but I only have one Zeta to work with, and Zader is much more versatile and helps me do more things in the game. I've only been playing since September, and am level 83, about to get my first Zeta. Given that, Vader wins.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

CaptainPsyko posted:

Zaul is definitely better in a vacuum, but I only have one Zeta to work with, and Zader is much more versatile and helps me do more things in the game. I've only been playing since September, and am level 83, about to get my first Zeta. Given that, Vader wins.

Yeah, Zader is definitely better at more things, and in no way a wasted zeta.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Malgrin posted:

I'm not sure what anyone plans to do to counter this.

A tenacity-up toon with more speed than you MOM on her way to suckin' her next dick + 4. :smug:

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Malgrin posted:

Yeah, Zader is definitely better at more things, and in no way a wasted zeta.

Zader has propelled me into the top 20, maybe top 10 conversation for the first since the Poe speed Nerf.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Chilichimp posted:

A tenacity-up toon with more speed than you MOM on her way to suckin' her next dick + 4. :smug:

Potency > Tenacity. Remember, for Tenacity to matter, you need 15 more than their potency, and that's pretty hard.

Chilichimp posted:

Zader has propelled me into the top 20, maybe top 10 conversation for the first since the Poe speed Nerf.

He'll do that.

When you make it through P2, but P3 just isn't looking that likely...

I lost EE somewhere around 50%, and then thought I'd make it through with Teebo, TFP, QGJ, and Phasma, but then lost TFP with 6% to go thanks to a resist...

Malgrin fucked around with this message at 19:24 on Feb 16, 2017

Boozie
Feb 2, 2013

Chilichimp posted:

What are you running?

My plan is something like Zader/EP/TFP/Shore/Boba to start with.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Boozie posted:

What are you running?

My plan is something like Zader/EP/TFP/Shore/Boba to start with.

Zader, EP, TFP, Boba, Shore 3*

TFP is 257 speed (with a speed set)
Boba is 203 speed (with a speed set)

potency is a lil low for the squad, but it works out fine.

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
so shoot for darth sidious is what i'm picking up from all of this

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Space Crabs posted:

so shoot for darth sidious is what i'm picking up from all of this

Sid is a good pick for a Zader squad, IN GENERAL; but he's also just a super fast sith which synergizes well with Sith Trooper on any squad.

Basically, yeah, if you wanna run Sooper, you should also run Sid. Sid shines on Zader, so the squad builds itself, really.

Herux
Dec 1, 2013
So glad I have been gearing up my darkside/sith. Have dooku @7* G8 vader@7* g11 EP@7* g10 with boba/tfp@7* g9 and sid/maul at 6* g8. Do we have a confirmed holy poo poo this squad for the new dark/sith lineup?

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Chilichimp posted:

Zader, EP, TFP, Boba, Shore 3*

TFP is 257 speed (with a speed set)
Boba is 203 speed (with a speed set)

potency is a lil low for the squad, but it works out fine.

Get your Boba to G11. It's the best thing you can do right now to improve your game (two Mk6 Detonators = +12 speed).

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Malgrin posted:

Get your Boba to G11. It's the best thing you can do right now to improve your game (two Mk6 Detonators = +12 speed).

Yeah, TFP is the only GXI of that bunch. Boba is the priority.

Right my gearing priority is shifting to Maul for the loving event, and droids are still high for AAT P2. They're all G8 except for Engi.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Chilichimp posted:

Yeah, TFP is the only GXI of that bunch. Boba is the priority.

Right my gearing priority is shifting to Maul for the loving event, and droids are still high for AAT P2. They're all G8 except for Engi.

Yeah, probably worth taking Maul to G9 for the event, and past it for future Sith synergy.

I generally go Arena -> Raid -> whatever else for gear priority, but since I'm planning on Zaul for arena, I'm working on that. I was hoping to take GK to G11, but since that requires stun cuffs, I may have to hold off on that one. I'm actually debating buying stun cuffs from the ship store -- 10/day will speed things up a lot.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
I feel like these loving 1-time only events need to be a priority, especially with how loving OP every new character has been.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Chilichimp posted:

I feel like these loving 1-time only events need to be a priority, especially with how loving OP every new character has been.

"Places of Power
Starts: Feb 25th
Ends: Feb 27th
Min Level Required: 75 & has 3 tiers (75, 80, & Bonus)
Main Rewards: Light Side pilots/Ships and Ship building materials
Notes: This is an assault battle against Jedi. Requires Sith and/or First Order (watch out, very difficult!)"

I think you're mixing up events. Still worth doing, will probably give you 1mil credits or something like that for first complete, but not Nihilus level worth completing.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010
Oh yeah, I meant to post this. Turns out Devs can't get anything right...

"If Sith Trooper has defense up, taunt, and/or retribution and the enemy inflicts shock/buff immunity, the next time his buffs are triggered (by a sith using a special or falling below 50% health) those three buffs will be immediately removed from him. I guess whats happening is the game removes and re-adds the buffs whenever triggered, so when you have buff immunity the trigger removes them but is unable to add them back.
I assume this is unintended behavior as it makes him pretty much useless when up against any character with shock or buff immunity because even if you get the taunt up before buff immunity it will be cleared the next time one of your sith uses a special (or drops below 50%)."

Also, Chirrut's unique isn't working right anymore -- the part where all your heroes with a HoT gain 4% hp per ally turn.

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE
I kept beating my head against the wall with the last stage of the event. The named clones would butcher me after all the clone sergeants kept giving each other free turns. I got lucky with droids and shards and was able to bring TFP to 6* and got Vader's first omega (speed down with the DoTs). Finally made it with 79 5* Vader (L), 76 6* Boba, 72 7* Biggs, 73 6* Phasma and 70 6* TFP.

Feels good to finally full-clear one of these damned events! Vader's speed down alternating with Phasma's was instrumental.

Crumbletron fucked around with this message at 23:03 on Feb 16, 2017

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Crumbletron posted:

I kept beating my head against the wall with the last stage of the event. The named clones would butcher me after all the clone sergeants kept giving each other free turns. I got lucky with droids and shards and was able to bring TFP to 6* and got Vader's first omega (speed down with the DoTs). Finally made it with 79 5* Vader (L), 76 6* Boba, 72 7* Biggs, 73 6* Phasma and 70 6* TFP.

Feels good to finally full-clear one of these damned events! Vader's speed down alternating with Phasma's was instrumental.

I'm glad you feel good and all (and congrats, cause it it isn't easy), but it's pretty unnecessary and will probably save you a only minuscule amount of farming in the future -- you needed all but the last stage to unlock Trooper, and you won't get more shards for a long time unless you buy him.

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE
It was a matter of pride :colbert:

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Malgrin posted:

I'm glad you feel good and all (and congrats, cause it it isn't easy), but it's pretty unnecessary and will probably save you a only minuscule amount of farming in the future -- you needed all but the last stage to unlock Trooper, and you won't get more shards for a long time unless you buy him.

Mal over here like

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010
Good to know:
"Cooldown increases effect abilities that haven't been used. So 0 Cooldown will go to 1.
Under Nihilus lead, Dooku will have no Protection to recover but he is a Sithtacular beast with 150% health steal."

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

Chilichimp posted:

Mal over here like

Why are you posting a screenshot of someone opening a mega-pack?

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010
Lol @ these devs

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/93224/video-sith-update-zader-lead-broken-sid-dots-absolutely-broken-now-too/p1

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
can they not loving program dooku to decide if he wants to do his follow up attack when he is doing the first one, so he runs up and either hits once or twice?

I'm doing hard light side missions and the boss is an overleveled Dooku and it takes me so long to kill him he just runs across the screen probably 60 loving times wasting like eight hours.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
So is Zader now the preferred Rancor team? If so, what's the comp?

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Chilichimp posted:

So is Zader now the preferred Rancor team? If so, what's the comp?

Zader sounds incredibly broken so I wouldn't count on him longer term. They're supposed to have a 50% chance to remove 25% TM, which, unless they're all hyper fast, you just won't stop Rancor from going 100% of the time.

That said, Zader, Sid, EP, TFP, Rex is what the poster used to auto Rancor. Other people in my guild are running another sith or empire dude in place of Rex, and you certainly don't need Sid (although extra dots and fast TM down is good).

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Also the random guild i joined was largely dead

My ally code is 228-925-235, I'd like in the casual goon guild since I'm probably 2 months from being competitive.

Could also use anyone with free ally spots requesting me for the achievement, I'm getting close to vader.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

Malgrin posted:

Oh yeah, I meant to post this. Turns out Devs can't get anything right...

"If Sith Trooper has defense up, taunt, and/or retribution and the enemy inflicts shock/buff immunity, the next time his buffs are triggered (by a sith using a special or falling below 50% health) those three buffs will be immediately removed from him. I guess whats happening is the game removes and re-adds the buffs whenever triggered, so when you have buff immunity the trigger removes them but is unable to add them back.
I assume this is unintended behavior as it makes him pretty much useless when up against any character with shock or buff immunity because even if you get the taunt up before buff immunity it will be cleared the next time one of your sith uses a special (or drops below 50%)."

Also, Chirrut's unique isn't working right anymore -- the part where all your heroes with a HoT gain 4% hp per ally turn.

This is the teebo bug, so it's not really a surprise.

Edit: to add detail, teebo is bugged because his long stealth is overwritten by the shorter stealth from his leader ability. The game doesn't handle getting a buff you already have correctly.

Davethulhu fucked around with this message at 01:08 on Feb 17, 2017

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Davethulhu posted:

This is the teebo bug, so it's not really a surprise.

Yeah, but this patch just introduced an impressive number of bugs, even by their standards.

e: LOL, gold def set diamond showed up in my store for creds with prot, def, cc, and speed. Rolled 4x cc on it.

Malgrin fucked around with this message at 03:13 on Feb 17, 2017

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
Reminder for IGD, p2 tank damage starts at 8 PM pacific. Night damage.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Davethulhu posted:

Reminder for IGD, p2 tank damage starts at 8 PM pacific. Night damage.

NIGHT MOVES

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Space Crabs posted:

My ally code is 228-925-235, I'd like in the casual goon guild since I'm probably 2 months from being competitive.

Could also use anyone with free ally spots requesting me for the achievement, I'm getting close to vader.

Looking into it I think it's Qui GoonJinn that I need an invite to.

Also Galactic War is some bullshit at levels 47-49 since they pair you up against teams that are 54+ with mods.

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

Galactic War now ramps up to level 85 teams. I'm 76 and could throw all my guys and scratch only my head as their rebel 7 squad annihilates every time.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know
I had one yesterday that was all Sith. Just wrecked all my squads. And it only at the half way mark on GW.

rocket_Magnet
Apr 5, 2005

:unsmith:

Burning_Monk posted:

I had one yesterday that was all Sith. Just wrecked all my squads. And it only at the half way mark on GW.

nodes 6 9 & 11 (& 12, but not for me still always broken :smug: ) are commonly much harder than the nodes preceding or proceeding them I've found.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

rocket_Magnet posted:

nodes 6 9 & 11 (& 12, but not for me still always broken :smug: ) are commonly much harder than the nodes preceding or proceeding them I've found.

Yeah, that's by design.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
Yeah, they also said they'd be fixing that node 12 bug like 8 months ago.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know
So what is a more potent upgrade, Stars>Gear>Level>Mods? Trying to prioritize my resources and upgrades.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Burning_Monk posted:

So what is a more potent upgrade, Stars>Gear>Level>Mods? Trying to prioritize my resources and upgrades.

Sounds right. You'll notice you're higher starred characters will be higher powered than a better geared player with less stars.

rocket_Magnet posted:

From Reddit:

For those who haven't seen it yet, here's the % for each node:
60%
62.5%
70%
61%
62%
95%
75%
76%
100%
85%
105%
115%

Nodes 1,2,4,5 are this way so that you don't face the exact same team 4 times.
To break it down more, my node 11 opponent is always going to be a team with 49,785 power (47,414 x 105%). If that 49,785 team is a pain in the rear end, then I'd raise my power by like 100 (by swapping mods on 5s or RG) and would pull a team with power 49,890 (47,514 x 105%). At some point you'll hit a relatively weak team & when that happens, don't touch your top 5 for awhile. In my experience it only takes 1-2 days to tweak into an easier run.

My problem lately is I can't seem to break into the top 200 anymore in GW :sad: My shard just seems to move to fast for me and it sucks a lot.

tadashi fucked around with this message at 23:10 on Feb 17, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Burning_Monk posted:

Mostly, but you'll find tanks get more out of gear than stars in many cases, and for characters that need to go first, speed mods can be more important than anything.