Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

Farg posted:

man all the people in this thread are really uptight and angry about different states. Not my scene man

*sits in beach chair*
*listens to some buffet*
*cracks open margarita*
*enjoys beautiful beach in the keys*

*gets stabbed for sunglasses by a meth-crazed redneck*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

withak posted:

Actually, rainfall moving east through Oroville itself puts very little water in the reservoir. The watershed is almost entirely north of the town and the dam. The forecast for Chico would give you a better idea of how much rain might actually end up in the reservoir.

wtf

Nefarious 2.0 posted:

nothins gonna happen. gas thread ban op

Farg
Nov 19, 2013

withak posted:

*gets stabbed for sunglasses by a meth-crazed redneck*

no dude it's Florida not Alabama

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

Farg posted:

no dude it's Florida not Alabama

I think you will find that FLorida is ground zero for meth-crazed rednecks.

https://twitter.com/_FloridaMan

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?

Farg posted:

man all the people in this thread are really uptight and angry about different states. Not my scene man

*sits in beach chair*
*listens to some buffet*
*cracks open margarita*

If you can "crack open" a margarita you're living life wrong

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Looks like CA has averted another disaster :ca:

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

"Hey, where did Steve go?"
Design by Kamoc

blugu64 posted:

If you can "crack open" a margarita you're living life wrong

Budarita being confused with a margarita is a pretty good analog for a floridian being confused for a person.

Farg
Nov 19, 2013

Cannon_Fodder posted:

Budarita being confused with a margarita is a pretty good analog for a floridian being confused for a person.

we don't have whatever the gently caress that is in florida. 'crack open' is slang used for all manner of food and drink in soflo

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Farg posted:

we don't have whatever the gently caress that is in florida. 'crack open' is slang used for all manner of food and drink in soflo

this says a lot about Florida

Farg
Nov 19, 2013

Space Crabs posted:

this says a lot about Florida

its based off of spanish phrases but has changed and shifted over the decades and is used by everyone. its a wonderful example of the cultural melting pot that is south florida. so many people with so many stories, its a wonderful place to be

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

why the feds worried bout me clockin on this corner/
when there's politicians out here gettin popped in arizona
it's storming in sacramento right now oh god i dont want to die

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

the great deceiver posted:

it's storming in sacramento right now oh god i dont want to die

Try to get a good forest fire going to cancel out the rain.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Idiot Kicker posted:

We had a tornado in Oroville when I was 7. Our teacher let us watch it from the window as it cut across the street

And people say Oklahomans are stupid.

Well, they are. But they don't do this dumb poo poo so they're at least a different kind of stupid.

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

Farg posted:

its based off of spanish phrases but has changed and shifted over the decades and is used by everyone. its a wonderful example of the cultural melting pot that is south florida. so many people with so many stories, its a wonderful place to be

so many people from so many places, all coming together in harmony to sweat buckets out their asscrack in an open-air sauna

naem
May 29, 2011

It rained and the wind blew around and the trees made a woosh noise, I'd better put on $4400 dollars worth of arctic expedition gear like all the other doushbag yuppies and people visiting who are only pretending to be douschbags

naem
May 29, 2011

Oh look there's some guy in a tweed blazer jacket with leather elbow patches who's umbrella turned inside out, oh no his pointy little dress shoes will get slightly damp

naem
May 29, 2011

*shaking fist weakly at the sky* Don't you understand I have lots of money??

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.
Feel the rain on your skin imho no one else can feel it for you

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010
Thanks colbie

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
are the rocks they are dumping in the spillway locally sourced artisan rocks?

I think rocks are naturally gluten free so they are covered there.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Farg posted:

*sits in beach chair*
*listens to some buffet*
*cracks open margarita*

Your snorkeling is sub par, it's too humid, and your restaurants are terrible.

Also there aren't any beaches in the keys. It's just 10' of boulders between the water and the jungles filled with six toed cats.

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

why would you source rocks from far away

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

OMGVBFLOL posted:

The Greeks and Romans did it.

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.

Psycho Society posted:

Thanks colbie

I think you mean Natasha

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

OMGVBFLOL posted:

Probably because there aren't appropriate rocks available nearby.

JnnyThndrs
May 29, 2001

HERE ARE THE FUCKING TOWELS

Space Crabs posted:

are the rocks they are dumping in the spillway locally sourced artisan rocks?

I think rocks are naturally gluten free so they are covered there.

If you'd ever been to Oroville you'd know they were crack/meth rocks, duh. The part of California that the dam's located at is 'utter redneck trash, Ca', not 'hipster tech douchebag, Ca'.

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?
So the good part

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Tony Snark posted:

Considering the central valley is going to wind up a massive inland sea when the ice caps melt we ought to just run with it.

sadly i've considered this from a science fiction perspective but thanks to weird topography it'll take a lot more than the ice caps melting to flood the central valley

sf is hosed though so at least we'll get to see that :getin:

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

The White Dragon posted:

sadly i've considered this from a science fiction perspective but thanks to weird topography it'll take a lot more than the ice caps melting to flood the central valley

sf is hosed though so at least we'll get to see that :getin:

in that scenario SF, LA and SD would all be washed away and Sacramento will finally regain its rightful place as the dominant megacity of california. we will cut off the water caravans to southern california and let the thirsty peasants working the Chinese-owned feudal almond plantations die unless they pay our extravagant tribute :twisted:

Repo Man
Nov 19, 2005

JnnyThndrs posted:

If you'd ever been to Oroville you'd know they were crack/meth rocks, duh. The part of California that the dam's located at is 'utter redneck trash, Ca', not 'hipster tech douchebag, Ca'.

This is the classic Oroville story:

A pregnant woman who became lost and gave birth in a Northern California national forest says she took methamphetamine to get an energy boost after delivering her daughter.

Amber Pangborn told the Chico Enterprise-Record that her baby is healthy but Butte County Child Protective Services placed the baby in foster care. The 35-year-old Oroville woman is trying to regain custody.

Pangborn said staff at the hospital where she was treated notified social workers because of the nature of the birth. Child Protective Services officials declined to discuss the case.

In June, Pangborn delivered her baby alone in the back seat of her broken-down car in Plumas National Forest.

Pangborn's ordeal began when she went into labor and got lost in the forest while taking unfamiliar back roads to her parents' house. Her gas and cellphone service ran out.

Pangborn gave birth to her daughter, Marissa, and they were stranded for the next three days.

She survived only off three apples, a can of soda, modest amounts of water, and methamphetamine.

VIDEO: Amber Pangborn talks about giving birth, surviving in forest

Pangborn told that Chico Enterprise-Record that she got methamphetamine from a man whom she had given a ride before she got lost. She said she used it to keep up her energy.

Three days into her ordeal, she decided to start a signal fire, hoping to attract some attention -- but that didn't go as planned.

"I think Mommy just started a forest fire," Pangborn recalled telling her daughter shortly after she ignited the fire.

Within hours, the quarter-acre fire was tracked by the U.S. Forest Service, and Pangborn and her daughter were found safe with help from a helicopter.

"I was crying, I was just so happy. I thought we were going to die," Pangborn said. "I was so glad someone had finally seen us and we were going to be OK."

They were admitted to Oroville Hospital, and the baby was taken to UC Davis Medical Center in Sacramento.

After losing custody of Marissa, Pangborn said the experience has been devastating and depressing. She said her baby is healthy and thriving and she doesn't pose a danger to her daughter.

"There's no risk to my daughter or anything," Pangborn said.

She said she voluntarily gave up parental rights to three older daughters after her husband killed himself.

http://www.ksbw.com/article/authorities-take-custody-of-baby-born-to-mom-lost-in-forest/1057163

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Theres....there's just so many bad decisions in that story. It's amazing that "starting a forest fire" was the best one of the lot.

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

hell ya that story is great NOR*CAL 4 lyfe

Creed Reunion Tour
Jul 3, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Grimey Drawer
Have all the people drowned yet?

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Creed Reunion Tour posted:

Have all the people drowned yet?

At least one San Franciscan tech brat has drowned in a pool of his own tears that the RACEMIXING HEATHENS in Sacramento didn't die :shrug:

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
I'm glad that no one has been killed by this tbh

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

same but did california learn its lesson about crumbling infrastucture

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Polio Vax Scene posted:

same but did california learn its lesson about crumbling infrastucture

Yes, but nobody wants to pay to fix it so nothing will change.

Ups_rail
Dec 8, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
I live in bakersfield, we voted down a 1/8th of a cent tax, to fund our libraries, because "gently caress TAXES!"

But all my friends here are posting FB memes about how this is fault of "hand outs" and "illegal mexicans"

So yeah.....people's attitude is weird

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

i personally hope that we dont fix our infrastructure and fail to learn anything at all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013

the great deceiver posted:

i personally hope that we dont fix our infrastructure and fail to learn anything at all

Thy will be done.

• Locked thread