Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
last I heard was that he already helped write ZnT F based on how he wanted it to end, and it is pretty conclusive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Space Flower posted:

last I heard was that he already helped write ZnT F based on how he wanted it to end, and it is pretty conclusive.

I assume he ends up with the queen, as that would be the correct choice.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
When an anime has to do a recap episode, they usually do something to make it worth watching. A tiny amount of new animation at the begining and end of the episode to establish a framing device, or they have some fun with the voice-over, include some jokes or character interactions that you wouldn't get from the rest of the series.

Saga of Tanya the Evil didn't do that. Just a clip show. 0 new animation, and maybe a dozen lines of new voiceover, the absolute minimum required to stitch the clips together.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Guy Goodbody posted:

When an anime has to do a recap episode, they usually do something to make it worth watching. A tiny amount of new animation at the begining and end of the episode to establish a framing device, or they have some fun with the voice-over, include some jokes or character interactions that you wouldn't get from the rest of the series.

i don't expect this ever, nor do i watch recap eps. seems like a good strategy except in the case of chihayafuru and osomatsu-san.

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

dogsicle posted:

i don't expect this ever, nor do i watch recap eps. seems like a good strategy except in the case of chihayafuru and osomatsu-san.

Do not under any circumstances skip the recap episode of Utena, either.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Guy Goodbody posted:

Saga of Tanya the Evil didn't do that. Just a clip show. 0 new animation, and maybe a dozen lines of new voiceover, the absolute minimum required to stitch the clips together.

Unless a show's going to go all out and make the recap well worth watching, like Utena, I'd actually prefer they do it this way, so that I can just skip it with nothing lost.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i don't really remember the utena recaps so it's very likely i skipped them. maybe not the second one since it used the shadow girls

Major Ricardo
Jan 30, 2001

Endorph posted:

Yeah. He got cancer. The final volume of it's actually coming out this week, though - he had most of it written before he passed. So, honestly, another season of familiar of zero probably is in the cards somewhere.

Proof that most light novels cause cancer.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

dogsicle posted:

i don't really remember the utena recaps so it's very likely i skipped them. maybe not the second one since it used the shadow girls
I hope it wasn't the one that has Utena quite reluctantly sleeping with Akio because that one is a doozy and one of the most memorable Utena episodes for me.

E: I think that one did heavily feature the shadow girls, tho

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Nate RFB posted:

I hope it wasn't the one that has Utena quite reluctantly sleeping with Akio because that one is a doozy and one of the most memorable Utena episodes for me.

E: I think that one did heavily feature the shadow girls, tho

yeah I'm pretty certain i watched that one because it was a less standard recap and had other new story stuff going on. there's one before the black rose arc though which seems like it'd be harder to churn into something interesting.

Major Ricardo posted:

:yikes:

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Major Ricardo posted:

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

Unless a show's going to go all out and make the recap well worth watching, like Utena, I'd actually prefer they do it this way, so that I can just skip it with nothing lost.

yeah I hate recaps and it's annoying to have to skip all the recap just to watch 30 seconds of new stuff between the clips.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Major Ricardo posted:

a 40 year old man with a family died.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The Eva recap was pretty neat because the clips all lacked a soundtrack. And it was only half an episode instead of a full one

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
the hot springs episode of gurren lagann that they edited from a 24 minute long joke about kamina being a giant pervert to being half recap of the past five episodes and half complete nonsense

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

In Training posted:

The Eva recap was pretty neat because the clips all lacked a soundtrack. And it was only half an episode instead of a full one

There was also a bunch of new dialogue for the recap part.

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

The Colonel posted:

the hot springs episode of gurren lagann that they edited from a 24 minute long joke about kamina being a giant pervert to being half recap of the past five episodes and half complete nonsense

Yeah that was pretty great

Armor-Piercing
Sep 22, 2009

Nightly dance
of bleeding swords

dogsicle posted:

actually people should keep watching Fuuka and just post their reactions here in like seven episodes
Just finished episode 8. It's not very good.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Endorph posted:

a 40 year old man with a family died.

The chat thread is titled "AIDS"

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Armor-Piercing posted:

Just finished episode 8. It's not very good.

thank you friend

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

an actual dog posted:

The chat thread is titled "AIDS"

Just like your posts

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i think a joke about the cause of someone's death, specifically in response to a post about it, is probably in worse taste than "we named the chat thread AIDS because it's terrible". if you'll excuse me, i've got to quickly evacuate from this hill

Armor-Piercing
Sep 22, 2009

Nightly dance
of bleeding swords

dogsicle posted:

thank you friend
I just read spoilers for later in the manga because I figured I would stop watching, and now I'm tempted to finish the season.

darkgray
Dec 20, 2005

My best pose facing the morning sun!
Fuuka seems to be going anime original to some degree now, so who knows where it will end up.

Personal_Nirvana
Dec 28, 2012
Man it's a pitty not many people are watching Rakugou S2 right now because this week episode was amazing.

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
I did and I'll just say it gave me quite a jolt!

krnhotwings
May 7, 2009
Grimey Drawer

Personal_Nirvana posted:

Man it's a pitty not many people are watching Rakugou S2 right now because this week episode was amazing.
I've been keeping up to date with it, and today's episode was just :stare:. The last couple of episodes have been really great.
It made me a bit sad to see how much of a sweet girl Miyokichi seemed in her youth, and then I guess the war hosed things up for her. :smith:

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

darkgray posted:

Fuuka seems to be going anime original to some degree now, so who knows where it will end up.

Oh, no wonder this latest episode felt like it was starting to unravel. Like, the show is telling me a school is basically allowing a violent riot to occur on campus and nothing is done to stop it, and that a thrown beer bottle can smash the neck of a bass guitar? Also the characters are starting to act incongruent with their characterization.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I knew they didn't have the guts to go through with the manga storyline.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

The Legend Continues!

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

Yes. Rakugo S2 is very good.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Aww so they're not going to pull the trigger on Fuuka? I was waiting for whatever people were expecting to happen before watching all the episodes back to back.

darkgray
Dec 20, 2005

My best pose facing the morning sun!

Alpha Kenny Juan posted:

Aww so they're not going to pull the trigger on Fuuka? I was waiting for whatever people were expecting to happen before watching all the episodes back to back.

Well, it might still happen. It's just that they've been introducing anime original content, so there's a chance they're guiding it somewhere else. Maybe it's just filler to time it right for 12 episodes or whatever.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Kemono friends is cute and fun. It deserves a much larger animation budget.

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince
just caught up on acca. easily my favorite this season. it's so relaxing all the time, even when it's getting serious.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Yeah, it's very low-key and I like it quite a bit. It's a nice contrast to some of the more high-energy stuff that I've also been watching this season.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Mr. Osomatsu Butt Mousepads are Finally a Thing That Exists

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lucy Heartfilia posted:

Yes. Rakugo S2 is very good.

I love it

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
That's too bad about the Rakugo thread, I had always assumed people were just posting in it for S2. It's definitely going to make my top 5 again in back-to-back years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Finally.

• Locked thread