Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

genji absolutely does not need that. he has way more mobility than soldier and can put out way more damage, way faster

it's a lot harder to shut that down than the soldier ult, which is rendered useless in a lot of ways (winston drops a shield on him, d.va or reinhardt just stand there, , sleep him, stun him, etc), only some of which are shared by dragon blade

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Irukandji Syndrome
Dec 26, 2008
The best sound in the world is when Genji uses his ult and gets hooked 2 seconds later

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge
I am about 90% sure that Junkrat's passive deals x30 damage to a Genji that's ulting.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.

Irukandji Syndrome posted:

The best sound in the world is when Genji uses his ult and gets hooked 2 seconds later

My finest hour was as Ana trapped with 4 others in a Zarya ult, at the critical moment of a 2-2 scoreline on Nepal where I plucked a nano Genji out of the air mid dash with a sleep dart.

It has the perfect anticlimactic sound.

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

Better than 'Justice Rains from abo-" silence as Pharah drops silently into the well of Ilios?

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Last night I junkratted and it was beautiful and got me potg. I also played as Ana, tried to nanoboost D.Va, then Genji ran in front and got it the moment I pressed Q and did nothing with it, thanks Genji.

Slowpoke!
Feb 12, 2008

ANIME IS FOR ADULTS

Jeza posted:

My finest hour was as Ana trapped with 4 others in a Zarya ult, at the critical moment of a 2-2 scoreline on Nepal where I plucked a nano Genji out of the air mid dash with a sleep dart.

It has the perfect anticlimactic sound.

I did this once on a Genji doing the dash up as he nano-bladed. Genji falls completely horizontal in the weirdest way, and it got the biggest cheer from my team on voicechat. Then someone hit him and he immediately killed me.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Jeff just indicated on the official forums that "24 is not who you think it is" aka the next hero probably isnt Doomfist

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

net cafe scandal posted:

Jeff just indicated on the official forums that "24 is not who you think it is" aka the next hero probably isnt Doomfist

It's the kid with the cast but it's years later and now he's in his sullen teen years and goes by Gloomfist

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
how can they know what im thinking?

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

net cafe scandal posted:

Introducing the new Overwatch hero:

This guy.

hhhat
Apr 29, 2008

I'm hoping its baggy yellow suit man in the bottom left

I want to spray acid/fire/poop on enemies

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

net cafe scandal posted:

It's gonna be Fusionator.

[edit] Fusionator might be the #18 character "Hazmat" in this list:

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009
I was playing Roadhog, a Lucio pushed me off the map to my death but not before I hooked the little fucker and drug him down with me.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo

teagone posted:

16 and 29 are the same dude

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

teagone posted:

I like Camo Pants, kids got moxie

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.

Waterbed Wendy posted:

I was playing Roadhog, a Lucio pushed me off the map to my death but not before I hooked the little fucker and drug him down with me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWja_zn_ftc&t=82s

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

teagone posted:

Have they even anyone from this list beyond the core cast? It's missing not only Sombra and Ana, but even Mei and DVA.

slydingdoor
Oct 26, 2010

Are you in or are you out?
18 became Mei.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

they really captured the spirit of Mei

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009

!!

I like the ending too. Grandmama Ana :3:

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo

slydingdoor posted:

18 became Mei.

what about 40

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Still kinda wish instead of buffing Bastion, he was just deleted from the game.

slydingdoor
Oct 26, 2010

Are you in or are you out?

Snazzy Frocks posted:

what about 40

Also Mei. The hazmat one was the way earlier concept.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

Rirse posted:

Still kinda wish instead of buffing Bastion, he was just deleted from the game.

This but also Symmetra

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

slydingdoor posted:

18 became Mei.

They still need to use it. There's just too many goofy pyro loadouts not to.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

slydingdoor posted:

Also Mei. The hazmat one was the way earlier concept.

Thats actually the JUnkrat concept.. seriously

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

well he does come from a radioactive wasteland

Irukandji Syndrome
Dec 26, 2008
I really love backfilling into a game that someone obviously ragequit and managing to help a losing team seize victory. I just got into a QP game that couldn't quite bring the payload to the final point, picked Reinhardt, everyone immediately swarmed behind my shield like it was a lifeline and we managed to push through and get that win. :3:

The enemy team could see how close they were to winning and got really clumsy with their ults, Reinhardt's shield just ate most of them. Rendered a Death Blossom, DVA self-destruct, and tactical visor mostly useless.

LegoMan
Mar 17, 2002

ting ting ting

College Slice

Orange Crush Rush posted:

This but also Symmetra
Symmetra is so much more of a threat because she can put out ridiculous damage while bouncing around like a jack Russell terrier.

Delete her please.

jarbv
Jul 10, 2004

Yes please put in another Mei

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

jarbv posted:

Yes please put in another Mei

Mei's brother the Heatmizer, who looks like her but has junkrat's hair.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.
Remember how they put a short cooldown on crouching so you couldn't spam it repeatedly to avoid unreasonable amounts of damage?

They should do that, but with jumping.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Bleck posted:

Remember how they put a short cooldown on crouching so you couldn't spam it repeatedly to avoid unreasonable amounts of damage?

They should do that, but with jumping.

No, they shouldn't. Unlike old crouch-spam, jumping makes you easier to hit.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

That. There's next to no air strafing in this game, so jumping is essentially locking yourself into moving in a predictable pattern for a straight second. Jumping only works against people who can't aim. A/D spam if you want to make yourself hard to hit for everyone, it's fantastic since almost every player in Overwatch can't aim.

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

Rirse posted:

Mei's brother the Heatmizer, who looks like her but has junkrat's hair.

Also, he has a toolset built around booping, placement, and DOT...

... and he's 70% less evil than Mei.

That still makes him a villain, though.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

When Mei or Symmetra is hopping around me, I can barely figure out where the gently caress they are, and it's super frustrating. I don't really know what to do about it.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Bleck posted:

When Mei or Symmetra is hopping around me, I can barely figure out where the gently caress they are, and it's super frustrating. I don't really know what to do about it.

Practice! And in both cases, be aware of where they are and don't get that close in the first place. If they're being sneaky, see if you can get your teammates to call them out when they see them (and return the favor, of course.)

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
with mei and sym you just have to walk straight backwards away from them and hope you can hit all your shots before they kill you. you wont win the dance fight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
if you're zarya you can pop self-shield right before you get frozen and make meis unhappy