Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is
pretty sure moe-anna is an anime version of the frozen character

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
Man it's getting weird in here.

I'm gonna go watch disney songs on youtube.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

I'm pretty sure the movie itself suggests that there's a history between Maui and Tamatoa beyond just the fight that took Tamatoa's leg, seeing as Tamatoa knows his greatest secret/trauma. That's not something an enemy should find out easily and Maui is certainly not one to talk about it lightly.

Lord_Magmar fucked around with this message at 16:19 on Feb 17, 2017

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

I wrote an article about "Punched" that might go viral, we'll see: https://creators.co/@timgonzales/4209680 It was also featured on MetroUK: http://metro.co.uk/2017/02/16/someone-has-mocked-up-a-disney-movie-that-has-to-happen-6453053/?ito=twitter

My article is totally click bait-y because it's for a MAX CPM™ website, so feel free to not read it if that's not your sort of thing lol.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Hedrigall posted:

....the gently caress, internet? :argh:

What can I say, okay?

YOU'RE WELCOME!

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
Wait so where is Nick?

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Fangz posted:

Wait so where is Nick?

dead

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

:(

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Fangz posted:

Wait so where is Nick?

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

Thread???

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

Well now I want to be dead

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
To the vector belong the spoils.
Double feature: Zootopia and Fritz the Cat

Shadow Hog
Feb 23, 2014

Fangz posted:

Wait so where is Nick?
Well obviously he's Te Kā, except instead of angrily throwing lava everywhere, he snarks at everyone. Returning the Heart turns him into earnest Boy Scout Nick. I guess. I haven't thought too hard about this.

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges

CRINDY
Sep 23, 2010

forget about ur worries and ur strife
First of all what the gently caress, second of all are you ok

Unmature
May 9, 2008

Pick posted:

Thanks guys!

BTW, did anyone notice in Lego Batman that Clayface is also a woman? Or at least, is never referred to as a man, and speaks in a woman's voice and is voiced by a woman.

Not just any woman, but Kate Micucci! That movie has an amazing cast who don't get to do much. I actually made a video about it! https://youtu.be/BA3IaiIAtr4

I blame Disney
Sep 30, 2016

They know what they did
I suddenly felt my ears tingle, what's going on in this thread

Shadow Hog
Feb 23, 2014

I think we're in danger of veering into a fanart thread

Maybe back off the fanart before we attract the ire of the mods

Except Barrytoa, he's c- ...well, he's not cool, but he is permissible

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Macaluso posted:

Don't worry fam, I got you

Pick posted:

Okay, I promised to do an example of some stuff I'd have done on Tamatoa. Anyway, my computer gave up on this file so I had to finish it on a screenshot of what I was doing... so I guess I'm done here, some screwy tangents but you get the gist:

Beachcomber posted:

What was that skeleton on his back? I'm thinking plesiosaur?

It's a combination of beached something and some other toothed whale.

Here's the photos that went into tams there:

And here's what it looked like at that point (post-tone-adjustment and readjusting of leg angles and scale of different bits):

Versus final:

Shadow Hog
Feb 23, 2014

Another day, another Zootopia interview, though this one at least brings to light that Disney was working in a run-down warehouse for a few years during production (as the proper offices were being renovated), during which a baby possum got stuck in a vending machine. (It's unharmed!)

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

Shadow Hog posted:

I think we're in danger of veering into a fanart thread

Maybe back off the fanart before we attract the ire of the mods

Except Barrytoa, he's c- ...well, he's not cool, but he is permissible

I thought it was nice sharing our own art times for thread :smith:

It all fun and games until someone posts a 'taur

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...
Can we make another viral poster about the next Disney Princess, whose a baby possum (discovered in a vending machine) who lives in the Disney Animation offices?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

SomeJazzyRat posted:

Can we make another viral poster about the next Disney Princess, whose a baby possum (discovered in a vending machine) who lives in the Disney Animation offices?

TRAPPED, coming this Fall.

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...
"She broke in, stole their food... And their hearts"

"She was a theif, she was weak, barely a week old... she had what it took to make a queen."

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges
woah poppy

Whiz Palace
Dec 8, 2013

Shadow Hog posted:

working in a run-down warehouse

I'm pretty sure you can triangulate the warehouse's location from Rich's description. You know, in case any of you want to start a Zootopia van tour of L.A.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Hedrigall posted:

That's just where the rabbit hole takes you. Don't blame water for being wet.

Shadow Hog
Feb 23, 2014

Hedrigall posted:

You know what they say: this is why we can't have nice things...

(Plus, I mean, it's Something Awful. Of course people are gonna go down that rabbit hole. There's too much :stonklol: to be had!)

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Shadow Hog posted:

You know what they say: this is why we can't have nice things...

(Plus, I mean, it's Something Awful. Of course people are gonna go down that rabbit hole. There's too much :stonklol: to be had!)

I did the image of Tamatoa to illustrate comments I had made about his animation and design earlier and I think that is perfectly within the spirit of the thread.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
I'm gonna pretend the bad thing never happened.

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

What can I say, okay?

YOU'RE WELCOME!

This is simply adorabest

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Pick posted:

I did the image of Tamatoa to illustrate comments I had made about his animation and design earlier and I think that is perfectly within the spirit of the thread.

You're too good for this thread, Pick.

Crazy Ferret
May 11, 2007

Welp

Hedrigall posted:

Your picture was cute.

Shame about the 'taur.

So besides Cartoons101, which owns, does anyone else have any good animation themed youtube channels? I dig Lewtoons but would love some more suggestions.

My job is boring so I love little retrospectives and exploration stuff for background on long days.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

Crazy Ferret posted:

Your picture was cute.

Crazy Ferret posted:

So besides Cartoons101, which owns, does anyone else have any good animation themed youtube channels? I dig Lewtoons but would love some more suggestions.

My job is boring so I love little retrospectives and exploration stuff for background on long days.

Thanks for making me aware of Lewtoons! I was on the lookout for more channels too.

There's the Nickelodeon podcast hosted by Hector Navarro which is pretty cool. He interviews creators and voice actors from (mostly) 90s Nicktoons. (still waiting on an Angry Beavers episode though...) It's on youtube

Hedrigall fucked around with this message at 21:58 on Feb 17, 2017

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
Just saw Lego Batman, it ruled.

Was the ending song by the kid from the Lego Movie?

Unmature
May 9, 2008

Hedrigall posted:

Thanks for making me aware of Lewtoons! I was on the lookout for more channels too.

There's the Nickelodeon podcast hosted by Hector Navarro which is pretty cool. He interviews creators and voice actors from (mostly) 90s Nicktoons. (still waiting on an Angry Beavers episode though...) It's on youtube

That podcast is fantastic.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Pick posted:

Me too :colbert:

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this

Pick posted:

e: woops eyes are too large lmao. let's give him some saucebrows too. and a saucemouth. let's cover this man in sauce.

This is mostly cobbled together from photos of crabs (and a slipper lobster). Anyway. I would have made him less symmetrical, and have the asymmetry of his treasure unbalance him, cause extra pressure on certain legs. Also lots of chains, and some supersize shiny! Originally I was thinking a shipwreck, but the kind of shipwreck I imagined was for a western vessel, so that's no good in this case. So that we see some chunky shiny and some little shiny. I'd also have probably reduced or even removed his pupils, to suggest literal or figurative blindness.

This is fabulous. I love that it makes him ungainly and slightly grotesque to really emphasize the damaging effects of his greed. I can only imagine how gorgeous all those swaying, glittering chains would've looked fully rendered and in motion.

Crazy Ferret
May 11, 2007

Welp

Hedrigall posted:

Thanks for the podcast. I've been meaning to get into more and more podcasts.

Lewtoons is pretty cool. It may just be that "I have a type" and Chad is very much that type but I really enjoy his videos and the quality that goes into them. Also, his "I watch every animated movie of 2016" was a good way to keep me informed of some of the movies I had no reason to see, like the Ice Age or Norm of the North stuff. He seems pretty genuine and that goes a long way way with me. I hope you enjoy!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Fangz posted:

Just saw Lego Batman, it ruled.

Was the ending song by the kid from the Lego Movie?

Yeah, what is that song called? It was cute.