Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Keep your finger off the switch, Dunn

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

MotU posted:

nah hhh, is cool

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
Give Sean Waltman 5 or 10 more years and he'll be ready to come back and be a WWE Main Eventer

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Marquis de Pyro posted:

Give Sean Waltman 5 or 10 more years and he'll be ready to come back and be a WWE Main Eventer

First he needs to prove himself in NXT.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Christ some of you guys have an overblown hate-on for HHH. From like late '99 to first quad tear HHH had a very real case for being one of the best workers in the world. His injuries limited him afterwards but he's still put on great matches since. Cena's better but that's not much of a knock.

I don't know, Foochs. If WWE TV was ruined for you for two or three years because of HHH reign of doom, I understand why you'd still hate him.

It's like when Metallica releases a record people says isn't the drizzling shits. That may be true but in my mind I just think of the awfulness of St. Anger and can't give anything they've done since a chance.

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002
HHH is better now and I can appreciate his recent story lines but Reign of Terror HHH was one of the few things worse than Roman's current push the WWEs done in the last 15 years. The two viewpoints aren't mutually exclusive.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

HHH has been part of many great things but he himself is not great.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

SamuraiFoochs posted:

HHH and Cena are both really good and influential figures in the wrestling business and while HHH almost certainly overvalues himself that doesn't mean he doesn't deserve a lot of his positive reputation.

The way some of y'all are talking, HHH is Jeff Jarrett, which is just completely disingenuous. Jarrett WISHES he was HHH. On any level.

good point, as much as HHH overvalues himself, Jeff Jarrett makes him look like the most humble man in the universe. Hunter at least earned a place in the upper card and had some great poo poo. Also I did love the first Elimination Chamber, which ended in HBK over HHH. The 2-Man Power Trip was also a perfect foil for the Benoit/Jericho team and the Brothers of Destruction.

My favorite angle was still Evolution and how it slowly made him go crazy after he couldn't beat Benoit, then eventually got destroyed by white-hot Batista.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

oldpainless posted:

HHH has been part of many great things but he himself is not great.

This is one of the only two reasons I think it's unfair to compare him and Jarrett.

HHH has been part of great things but isn't great. Jarrett just isn't great.
And Jarrett has actually willingly stepped out of spotlight and away from TV a couple times. And they weren't just during MNF season.

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

Saying triple h is actively bad is very silly

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

The WWE Discussion Thread posted:

HHH is bad

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

The JBL Parody of the beatles' "Yesterday" about Triple h.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
I can't picture a scenario where AJ doesn't get traded to RAW and Roman doesn't go to Smackdown where he opens every show, main events every show, and is on every episode of talking smack for a minimum of 10 minutes.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Julio Cruz posted:

vs Shawn Michaels, Hell in a Cell, Bad Blood 2004

Hahaha yesssssss

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
:qq:ALL THESE PEOPLE DEFENDING TRIPS ARE loving TRIGGERING ME:qq:

Seriously though. Cut it out. He bad.

Accident Underwater
Oct 21, 2005

You look like a star!

Blaise330 posted:

I can't picture a scenario where AJ doesn't get traded to RAW and Roman doesn't go to Smackdown where he opens every show, main events every show, and is on every episode of talking smack for a minimum of 10 minutes.

Roman would be very good on Talking Smack

Son of Man
Jan 29, 2003

by Azathoth

Blaise330 posted:

I'd actually love to see Roman on smackdown, he could be dynamite with the competent singles booking he's never had

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

vince has already destroyed the royal rumble and wrestlemania in an attempt to get roman over

the only good thing left is smackdown

it's next

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Shinjobi posted:

:qq:ALL THESE PEOPLE DEFENDING TRIPS ARE loving TRIGGERING ME:qq:

Seriously though. Cut it out. He bad.

Also echoing that HHH made me stop watching wrestling. Pedigree is an ugly bad finisher.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Strawberry Panda posted:

I don't know, Foochs. If WWE TV was ruined for you for two or three years because of HHH reign of doom, I understand why you'd still hate him.

It's like when Metallica releases a record people says isn't the drizzling shits. That may be true but in my mind I just think of the awfulness of St. Anger and can't give anything they've done since a chance.

i watched through the entirety of the Reign of Doom and I don't hate HHH because that was like 15 loving years ago and he's been a part of a lot of stuff since then and actively put guys I like over both directly and indirectly so actually I don't care because I have better things to do with my time and energy.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
Some people say Paul Levesque started the Triple H Revolution.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

SamuraiFoochs posted:

i have better things to do with my time and energy.

Don't lie none of us do

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Running into the thread: TRIPLE H. IS. BAD!

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Triple H is funny, and good.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Heavy Metal posted:

Triple H is funny, and good.

Why....Why.....WHY!

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

DoctorGonzo posted:

Why....Why.....WHY!

Have you seen Poolside Chats? It's still online somewhere, funniest stuff ever. Neil takes calls from rascals by Tom Green's pool, incredible stuff.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

oldpainless posted:

Don't lie none of us do

I dunno man, I spend a pathetic amount of time posting online about wrestling but harboring a white-hot loathing for a guy like 10-15 years after the thing most people hate him for WHILE in the intervening period he's done a lot of good stuff is next level.

It's like, if we're not all dead in 15 years and I still harbor a hateboner for Brock squashing Dean even if he either put dudes over or just got squashed and went away forever, I should get my head checked. Also do NOT tell me 2017 HHH is even in character as insufferable as Reign of Doom Trips. I was there, man. It ain't close.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

SamuraiFoochs posted:

. Also do NOT tell me 2017 HHH is even in character as insufferable as Reign of Doom Trips. I was there, man. It ain't close.

The Authority.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZqawNmtMUw

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I can both not have white-hot loathing and acknowledge a guy is a piece of poo poo. It's actually very easy, because there are multiple other pieces of poo poo I don't get redfaced about, like Hogan and Snuka, and all of them

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

You guys ready to hear a satanic song?

I can't really point out why but for some reason I really don't like that man. Just something about him.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Finn advertised for live events starting March 10

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

DoctorGonzo posted:

The Authority.

Not as bad, like I said.

Chromatic posted:

I can't really point out why but for some reason I really don't like that man. Just something about him.

You're not alone.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Chromatic posted:

*starts multipage derail about his dad being a murderer*

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The only good thing about HHH is that Max Landis narrated his life with hot ladies. Coincidentally this is also the only good thing that Max Landis has ever done.

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I liked Dirk Gently.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

DoctorGonzo posted:

The only good thing about HHH is that Max Landis narrated his life with hot ladies. Coincidentally this is also the only good thing that Max Landis has ever done.

He bought everyone at PWG pizza

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Whether you love him or you hate him, you gotta respect this tweet from Triple H.

https://twitter.com/TripleH/status/832603186611548160

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Abroham Lincoln posted:

vince has already destroyed the royal rumble and wrestlemania in an attempt to get roman over

the only good thing left is smackdown

it's next

there is a decent chance Vince will continue to focus on raw since it's the A show in his mind even if Roman goes to smackdown

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

EugeneJ posted:

He bought everyone at PWG pizza

Yeah but his father is a murderer.

• Locked thread