Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

spit on my clit posted:

i preordered the special edition of Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE.

I'd unironically buy that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

Mahoning posted:

When Mario Kart and Splatoon 2 come out, will you guys play with me? None of my friends are gamers and I kinda got out of gaming outside of a few games around 10 years ago.

Play with me? :unsmith:

No

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

tithin posted:

I'd unironically buy that

i would gladly buy it again if it's getting a switch rerelease. it was such a good game but there's parts of it that'd run much more smoothly on the new hardware

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Spellman posted:

Hoping Hyperlight Drifter gets brought to the Switch. That game deserves to see a Nintendo release

I bought it on Xbone but never played it before selling the drat thing for my Switch. So I'd welcome a Switch release too.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

It's not coming out for who knows when but I'm going to love taking Fifa with me all the time :)

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Whoops I hosed up and didn't put a space before the gang tag

oh well

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

NISA just announced that Disgaea 5 Complete is coming overseas on May 23rd.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Jimmy Hats posted:

oh well

It goes perfectly w/ your av.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Jimmy Hats posted:

oh well

Message a mod and they should be able to fix it

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

As a public service and a Bomberman fan I need to tell you switch Bomberman is real lazy and poorly made in spades. Please buy a better game.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Outside of not having good graphics or anything innovative, does it at least still have good, classic Bomberman gameplay?

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Two more weeks, brothers

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Detective No. 27 posted:

Outside of not having good graphics or anything innovative, does it at least still have good, classic Bomberman gameplay?

I can take bad graphics, it's actually hard to play due to bad animations, bad perspective and some fidelity jumble of assets. It's also just lacking in features and any sign of improvement to the formula. This is MegaMan 9 made today, poorly and for 50 bucks. gently caress Konami.

Oh and sf2 flash.swf edition is also stuck between two worlds and just looks ether dated or gruesome.
Where's your hand Capcom?

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Look at me being shocked about a 2017 Konami game being bad.

This is my shocked face.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

bowmore posted:

i'm sorry you preordered a bad game and can't accept it

If you bought bomberman, you know exactly why you're buying it, for those drunk fuckers you're trying to sell the switch to at your house party, so you'll inevitably have more Splatoon teammates to play with

SplitScreenGamer
Feb 16, 2017

Bringing back the fun of local multiplayer gaming!
Anybody else think games like Bomberman, Snipperclips, 1-2 Switch and Arms look a bit overpriced?

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

Pureauthor posted:

Look at me being shocked about a 2017 Konami game being bad.

This is my shocked face.

I KNOW!

Oh disgaea 5 looked exactly like it does on ps4.

Didn't get to play sonic lalaland but it looked like a retro loveletter.

Mario kart deluxe is exactly what they said it is. Runs great, plays the same, and for owners of 8 it's not bringing much new to the table other than it can be brought to any table. That's a big deal!

I hope has been hero's gets a different art team.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

SplitScreenGamer posted:

Anybody else think games like Bomberman, Snipperclips, 1-2 Switch and Arms look a bit overpriced?

There's no real way to tell if ARMS is overpriced yet because we don't even know the amount of content in the game.

Snipperclips seems good and fun.

The other 2 are overpriced.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

SplitScreenGamer posted:

Snipperclips is underpriced, ARMS is underappreciated, there is more to it than the short demo.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

well why not posted:

I'd use a Spice Orange Switch TBH:

Beautiful

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Junkie Disease posted:

I can take bad graphics, it's actually hard to play due to bad animations, bad perspective and some fidelity jumble of assets. It's also just lacking in features and any sign of improvement to the formula. This is MegaMan 9 made today, poorly and for 50 bucks. gently caress Konami.

Ah, I didn't realize it was that bad. Oh well. I have an arrangement to buy it off a pal for half price a month after release and he's tired of it.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

https://twitter.com/HappilyCandied/status/832783215576297472

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.
In expert mode, the person who breaks eye contact loses by default.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
The gangtag was all the motivation I needed to finally replace my namechange thread name and my old Avatar avatar

I am so ready for Switch, Snipperclips, and Splatoon

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Junkie Disease posted:

As a public service and a Bomberman fan I need to tell you switch Bomberman is real lazy and poorly made in spades. Please buy a better game.

Look at this Nintendo sellout just trying to get everyone to switch(!!!) their preorders to 1-2 Switch instead

I'm onto you buddy

flail and sob
May 3, 2009
I'm looking for games that I can play with my wife. What games look to be the best for multiplayer with people who don't play games?

I'm already sold on Snipperclips and Mario Kart. ARMS looks good, but I don't know if I want to get a second set of joycon so soon. Is Shovel Knight coop accessible?

I haven't owned a console for years and I'm so hyped for the Nintendo Switch!

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

I fought man on right in splatoon! Go Chicago!

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

The Liar's Dice game and the Ball Counting I'd actually play but the rest is just awful. This should have been a pack-in. The Giant Bomb guys look like they want to kill themselves and don't have the heart to talk poo poo about the games in front of the Nintendo employees.

Holy poo poo the fashion model game, looooooooool what is this poo poo.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

flail and sob posted:

ARMS looks good, but I don't know if I want to get a second set of joycon so soon.

Two good things:

If you are getting a pro controller, one person can play with that.

If any of your friends who come over to play are also Switch owners, synching their joycons is as easy as clicking them into the system, and they can resynch back to their own just as easily.

I wasn't going to get a pro controller yet, but with Best Buy throwing $25 at you for free just for signing up for Visa pay, I preordered a pro controller, an amiibo, and a memory card which just tipped over the $100 mark and got me the free $25

Also, right now you can sign up for the Amazon store credit card and get a $40 free gift card - you don't even have to buy anything.

Both in the US, I can't speak for elsewhere

The Bloop fucked around with this message at 06:23 on Feb 18, 2017

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

s.i.r.e. posted:

The Liar's Dice game and the Ball Counting I'd actually play but the rest is just awful. This should have been a pack-in. The Giant Bomb guys look like they want to kill themselves and don't have the heart to talk poo poo about the games in front of the Nintendo employees.

Holy poo poo the fashion model game, looooooooool what is this poo poo.

https://twitter.com/Fobwashed/status/832781054628941824

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

The Bloop posted:

If any of your friends who come over to play are also Switch owners, synching their joycons is as easy as clicking them into the system, and they can resynch back to their own just as easily.

Okay, that's pretty clutch

I just can't for splatoon 2 to come out. Gonna be hella fun.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

The Bloop posted:

I don't think that's the case, under the system settings there's options for syncing joycons and setting a pair as your "main" set or whatever, if that's just a secondary option to syncing them though then that's really slick.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

s.i.r.e. posted:

I don't think that's the case, under the system settings there's options for syncing joycons and setting a pair as your "main" set or whatever, if that's just a secondary option to syncing them though then that's really slick.

The Wii U had in-menu options for syncing as well as the traditional sync button.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

s.i.r.e. posted:

It might be a fevered dream of mine, but I am 99% certain they discussed this sometime in the all-day treehouse stream.

MechaCrash
Jan 1, 2013

There's probably a temporary sync option too, since "bring your own controllers" was a thing you could do with the Wii.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

$300 just to play a skyrim-zelda on my toilet is worth it, imo

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Sea Sponge Run posted:

$300 just to play a skyrim-zelda on my toilet is worth it, imo

This Goon gets it.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I may not like Skyrim, but I would defend to the death your right to play it on the toilet

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

must be nice to have your own toilet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

I wouldn't mind a vc release of Tales of Symphonia. How was the pc version?

• Locked thread