Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Lastgirl posted:

Hillary's gonna be referred to as the Dukakis of the 21st century and its messed up

Dukakis would have won

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

got any sevens posted:

Dukakis would have won

Against Trump? Probably.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
Dukakis would have attacked a trump rally driving a tank

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

oh, for the days when riding in a tank in a goofy way or screaming embarassingly was a disqualifier

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

logikv9 posted:

Dukakis would have attacked a trump rally driving a tank

Hail Satan.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
Dukakis / Abrams Tank 2020

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Jazerus posted:

oh, for the days when riding in a tank in a goofy way or screaming embarassingly was a disqualifier

whats even more hilarious is that according to dukakis' aides is that he wasn't supposed to even wear the helmet in the first place but dukakis was so excited to be in the tank he insisted on it so he could hear the crew as they worked it

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

logikv9 posted:

Dukakis / Reanimate Killdozer Guy 2020

Donkwich
Feb 28, 2011

Grimey Drawer
hillary riding a tank wouldve been p hilarious

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

snl's parodies of the trump admin would be more biting if cast members were keeping their distance from abuela

now it'll be pretty easy to just claim it's all a hit job by evil abuela against our fair trumplord

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Condiv posted:

snl's parodies of the trump admin would be more biting if cast members were keeping their distance from abuela

now it'll be pretty easy to just claim it's all a hit job by evil abuela against our fair trumplord

yea because if she didn't make that one appearance they'd NEVER claim it was a leftist plot

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Tatum Girlparts posted:

yea because if she didn't make that one appearance they'd NEVER claim it was a leftist plot

they would of course, but they'd have less "evidence" of it

deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless
the vast left-wing conspiracy to make the president look like a dumb idiot

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Condiv posted:

they would of course, but they'd have less "evidence" of it

they have exactly as much evidence as they always do

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

Tatum Girlparts posted:

they have exactly as much evidence as they always do

duh. why do you think i put evidence in quotes?

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

https://twitter.com/Jose_Pagliery/status/832680689795358721?ref_src=tw

how dare you shiftless freaks give your opinions in an open survey

shame on you all

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Hit harder. Go after them. Blood for the blood god.:stoked:

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Condiv posted:

https://twitter.com/Jose_Pagliery/status/832680689795358721?ref_src=tw

how dare you shiftless freaks give your opinions in an open survey

shame on you all

They're just selling the list of emails. They'll get like a buck apiece for them even if they're fake.

Trump always wins in the end

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!

"how dare these people be angry that our hubris elected trump :cry:"

Bushiz
Sep 21, 2004

The #1 Threat to Ba Sing Se

Grimey Drawer

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

Did anyone itt actually vote 3rd party in a state that mattered at all because that is like the 4th time I've seen everyone saying you can't make fun of Hillary if you voted that way. Which is dumb as hell but I also have no idea who it is actually directed to.

I voted for hillary basically only because I wanted to be able to rag on her if she lost without being accused of being a stein voter.

Jokes on me my lanyard friend said I'm probably lying about voting for her.

Comrade Cheggorsky
Aug 20, 2011

snl is just part of the media deep state

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
i keep wondering wtf is all this like nicey nice bullshit tweets doing in my anime twitter but then I remember

buttigeig

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

PostNouveau posted:

They're just selling the list of emails. They'll get like a buck apiece for them even if they're fake.

people have been putting fake emails in, so trump loses

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

Did anyone itt actually vote 3rd party in a state that mattered at all because that is like the 4th time I've seen everyone saying you can't make fun of Hillary if you voted that way. Which is dumb as hell but I also have no idea who it is actually directed to.

not me.

imo, the better question is: did anyone in this thread vote for hillary in the primary?

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Condiv posted:

people have been putting fake emails in, so trump loses

PostNouveau posted:

tower time
Jul 30, 2008

First crowd response is that weird hissing thing rich people do like they are a vampire seeing sunlight, love it.

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich
This DNC race is gonna be a repeat of the primary except on a smaller level. Then it will pave the way for the real primary and a centrist is gonna "win" it thanks to Perez. Then it's gonna be the same general election

Comrade Cheggorsky
Aug 20, 2011

Lets all respect each other and respect the forum

Serf
May 5, 2011

Spiderfist Island posted:

I voted for Hillary in MI and did my best to convince my fellow millennial friends to vote for her, and also participated in downballot GOTV. I will be spared when the angel of death crosses over the rust belt.

I won't, I voted for Bernie in the primary

this was the only ethical choice tbh, so good on you

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Serf posted:

this was the only ethical choice tbh, so good on you

sorry but i wasnt excited enough to oppose fascism

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

tower time posted:

First crowd response is that weird hissing thing rich people do like they are a vampire seeing sunlight, love it.

Remember when the Hill Folk angrily hissed when the black protester interrupted the Abuela rich people fundraiser event?

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES
"Choose your enemy," seems like a good pitch for anti-Democrat leftists. Anyone ever try that? Or, anyone think it's as bad and dumb as the Democrats (who you will not be voting for)?

Had an argument about why crotchety leftists should support Democrats anyway the other day and didn't think to try it at the time

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Tight Booty Shorts posted:

This DNC race is gonna be a repeat of the primary except on a smaller level. Then it will pave the way for the real primary and a centrist is gonna "win" it thanks to Perez. Then it's gonna be the same general election

Yup, there's every evidence that from the Obama administration getting involved and also how the whole DNC selection process is very undemocratic aka Bad dems are the ones that select the next chair.

Ellison will lose the race and the very weak uninspiring Perez will be elected because he's what Bad Dems/Rich Donors want to see running the party.

Incompetent, rich people worshipping bad dems would rather block progressives from power than actually win elections and institute meaningful corrective action for the party.

Of course the winner take all nature of US political system means progressives don't have a choice but to work with bad dems, since 3rd party voting would only split the voting blocs.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

The bad dems don't understand that they have to be part of a coalition which includes people who have slightly different positions than them on some things, and that they need to some things to those people so that they can all get on with the actual important fights. Locking allies out just weakens the party.

The centrists are the bad dems and the progressives are who they need to accept as a legitimate part of the party. Is what I meant. Yes.

Or is it the other way around?

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

docbeard posted:

The bad dems don't understand that they have to be part of a coalition which includes people who have slightly different positions than them on some things, and that they need to some things to those people so that they can all get on with the actual important fights. Locking allies out just weakens the party.

The centrists are the bad dems and the progressives are who they need to accept as a legitimate part of the party. Is what I meant. Yes.

Or is it the other way around?

The nature of the DNC chair vote also means the establishment can easily get their pick to the position.

Regular voters especially those who realize that the bad dems have no vision or plan forward have no meaningful say in the process.

Obama administration is also doing everything in their power as well to make sure Perez gets selected and Ellison gets humilated for daring to challenge bad dems.

Comrade Cheggorsky
Aug 20, 2011

this tom perez guy seems like a real bore

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Man, remember that irate tweet a week or so ago when Tom Perez and Keith Ellison were spotted (gasp) having dinner together? Because they're, you know, friends and colleagues as well as being competitors for a particular position?

Comrade Cheggorsky
Aug 20, 2011

Maybe Perez, Ellison and BUTTIGIEG can form an all powerful chairman troika?

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Comrade Cheggorsky posted:

Maybe Perez, Ellison and BUTTIGIEG can form an all powerful chairman troika?

I can get behind this concept

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
perez would be fine but imo the dems need to put something anything forward to say they're going in a diff direction soon cuz the main resistance 2 trump seems to be going on in the streets with the dems tut-tutting tha whole time. imo trump is going to provide enough red meat on his own 2 keep the base agitated

• Locked thread