Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

I feel like Sony has much much better sales than Microsoft.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Ash Lake felt otherworldly or "unnatural" but in the completely right way. It was something I was super happy I stumbled upon on my own in DS1.

DS1 through DS3 clear. :toot: Just gotta wait for DLC2 now.

Maybe it might just be because of the UGS build, but DS3 might be my favorite.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

oldpainless posted:

I feel like Sony has much much better sales than Microsoft.

I just bought Dark Souls 2 for a third time because SOTFS was marked down to $12 :shepface:

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
Oh my god. I kept getting my rear end kicked in the Pontiff Sulyvan fight trying to dodge all its attacks. After like the tenth time dying I equipped my dragon crest shield just to see how much damage it would absorb.

The answer was all of it. Pontiff couldn't get a single lick of HP off me when i blocked with the shield. And then I kept killing his dumb ghost before it had a chance to spawn.

Also, I didn't realize until now that burning undead bones increased estus strength. That's what i get for not reading!

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

I played some nioh and it was cool but not enough to make me buy another PlayStation

It was funny tho my buddy with a console was amazed how fast I cleared the first few parts cause souls makes you a dodgy little gently caress

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

A MIRACLE posted:

I played some nioh and it was cool but not enough to make me buy another PlayStation

Do you not own a PS4?
Do you not own BLOODBORNE :stare:???

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008
Ask Lake is very definitely a physical place at the bottom of the world. You can see it from the Tomb of the Giants too.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

7c Nickel posted:

Ask Lake is very definitely a physical place at the bottom of the world. You can see it from the Tomb of the Giants too.

its probably the only thing you can see in the tomb of the giants

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

You can see the lava lake with the tarus demons at the first bonfire

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
i can see my house from the first bonfire

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Do you not own a PS4?
Do you not own BLOODBORNE :stare:???

Console exclusives suck rear end.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Azuth0667 posted:

How dare a console have something a PC cant' have.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Hunt11 posted:

Yes, actually. Console exclusives suck rear end.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

CJacobs posted:

Yes, actually.

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.

Hunt11 posted:

I would like FROM to do a parallel release of all of their stuff. I guarantee both bloodborne and nioh would sell well.

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

I would like videogame companies to make & sell videogames, as opposed to making pointless pieces of hardware then making & selling videogames to try and get people to buy their pointless pieces of hardware that won't sell otherwise.

Controversial opinion, I know.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Considering the fact that Sony published the game I believe it is just fine for them to decide which systems get it.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Azuth0667 posted:

Bloodborne is literally the best game this generation.

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

Agreed. And more people should be able to play it.

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

Hunt11 posted:

Considering the fact that Sony published the game I believe it is just fine for them to decide which systems get it.

Yeah and EA and Ubisoft are free to sell their games on Origin and Uplay if they so wish.

Using your products to try to force people into using your lovely platform is still bad for the consumer though.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Elman posted:

Yeah and EA and Ubisoft are free to sell their games on Origin and Uplay if they so wish.

Using your products to try to force people into using your lovely platform is still bad for the consumer though.

So when are all the PC exclusive games are going to make their way to the consoles?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Complaining about console exclusives in 2017 is ludicrous. They've been around for literally decades, they're not going anywhere.

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

^^: And they're welcome to stay. The console exclusive however is not welcome to stay and can be shot into the sun any time now.

Hunt11 posted:

So when are all the PC exclusive games are going to make their way to the consoles?

I'd be okay with this happening or this becoming a new industry.

:lol:

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

I don't really get why consoles even need to exist anymore. Why buy a second computer with less functionality and is possibly under powered? With that money combined with whatever you spent on your PC you could build/order a beast of a rig. Steam link isn't quite there yet but if you really need to play on a TV there's ways to make it happen.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Because most people don't care about building computers?! Are you serious??

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的
Consoles existing make sense because not everyone wants to buy a PC for gaming, but the artificial limitation of only having a game come out on one console is dumb. People would still own consoles if they had no exclusives, especially if more stuff that's currently only available on PC started coming to consoles.

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

Hunt11 posted:

When their publishers decide it'd be profitable to do so? :confused:

hanales
Nov 3, 2013
Pull up thread.

In DS3 land, I received a message that I was going on youtube for being a nubshrub. The problem is the guy messaged me like a day after playing so I have no idea what I did that was nubshrubbish. (I do not deny the possibility that I acted in a nubshrub way).

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Because most people don't care about building computers?! Are you serious??

I don't like building them either that's why I said build or order.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I'm 100% planning on building a gaming PC in the next few years (once valve get their poo poo together) but I bought a PS4 for a quick cheap way to play games with my friends who pretty much all own PS4s at this stage and also to play Bloodborne :)

Also DS3 talk I finally beat the 2 sullyvhans beasts last night, didn't know you got a bonfire.

I lold when all I got was a loving Ring of Favor, useless on NG+ when you already have the +1 equivalent.

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

I don't really get why consoles even need to exist anymore. Why buy a second computer with less functionality and is possibly under powered? With that money combined with whatever you spent on your PC you could build/order a beast of a rig. Steam link isn't quite there yet but if you really need to play on a TV there's ways to make it happen.

I think its because there is a demand for a simple plug and play gaming device. Half the population of the US can't figure out how to power on and power down a computer but, are perfectly capable of working a console.

What I don't get is why publishers go:

:downs: "Oh yeah we'll just artificially restrict our customer base. Yeah that will make sales go up."

I get that there's extra dev time that has to be spent on making things work on multiple systems but, it probably doesn't outweigh the potential sales that would come in from having the game available on as many systems as possible.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Hunt11 posted:

This is basically it. Sony more or less made the game happen. It's a shame FROM didn't/couldn't find someone else to publish, but that's how these things go.

Is there any simple text guides for the collect all <pyro/miracle/etc.> achievements? Don't want lengthy youtube videos, just a list or something that says "hey this one is easy to miss" and poo poo.

hanales
Nov 3, 2013

Oxyclean posted:

This is basically it. Sony more or less made the game happen. It's a shame FROM didn't/couldn't find someone else to publish, but that's how these things go.

Is there any simple text guides for the collect all <pyro/miracle/etc.> achievements? Don't want lengthy youtube videos, just a list or something that says "hey this one is easy to miss" and poo poo.

Miracle requires the sunbros covenant. Pyro requires...is it aldritch or fingers? Can't remember.

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

I'm 100% planning on building a gaming PC in the next few years (once valve get their poo poo together) but I bought a PS4 for a quick cheap way to play games with my friends who pretty much all own PS4s at this stage and also to play Bloodborne :)

Also DS3 talk I finally beat the 2 sullyvhans beasts last night, didn't know you got a bonfire.

I lold when all I got was a loving Ring of Favor, useless on NG+ when you already have the +1 equivalent.

Well yes, but the idea is that if you beat them on NG then you get a Ring of Favor that you'd otherwise have to wait until NG+ for an easier source of. The reversed argument from the perspective of actually doing content before proceeding to NG+, makes a better case.

Besides getting a bonfire you also get a covenant, a handful of items, and (from the shrine handmaid) an armor set.

Oxyclean posted:

https://zkjellberg.github.io/dark-souls-3-cheat-sheet/ and then click over to the Achievements tab at the top.

If the details it gives aren't sufficient for you, you can always wiki any of them. In general assume that if it's tied to an NPC somehow, you'd probably benefit from looking it up (and/or looking up that NPC in general), if you don't already know how that NPC works. Sometimes the wording's unclear (e.g. for Chameleon, the first blurb of the description is how you get it if you're anti-marriage and the last sentence is how you get it if you're pro-marriage).

Also check out the Weapons/Shields and Armor tabs if you're interested in collecting those for fashion souls, though they're not relevant to any achievements; those are purely checkbox lists though so you'd have to do your own legwork on looking up where to get them (including the less popularly known ones like the Pale Shade set).

You may find the Playthrough tab to be valuable too but take it with a grain of salt especially when it comes to mutually-exclusive choices for NPC sidequests. If you're thorough about exploring, know where secret doors are, and know how NPC sidequests work, you can safely ignore this tab pretty well.

Vil fucked around with this message at 19:54 on Feb 18, 2017

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Oxyclean posted:

Yeah there's this handy checklist that has all the spells and where they are ordered by zone.

Edit: beaten.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

I have a ps4 but I don't have bloodborn, eat my shorts you loving shoobies

I played a friend's copy lol

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

Covenant rewards related to achievements:

Aldrich's Faithful: sorcery for rank 1
Darkmoon Blades: ring for rank 1, miracle for rank 2
Mound Makers: pyromancy for rank 2
Rosaria's Fingers: ring for rank 1
Warriors of Sunlight: miracle for rank 1, miracle for rank 2
Watchdogs of Farron: ring for rank 2

Blue Sentinels: N/A, can't rank it up as its own independent thing, but basically it's another skin on Darkmoon Blades so see above
Way of Blue: N/A, can't rank it up

If you don't get something achievement-related you get some weapon/shield/catalyst, but there's a reward for both ranks in all six of them. Sunbros followed by fingers are of course the easiest to get covenant items for, so probably best to focus your attention on the other four.

All six covenant items can be obtained as (very rare) NPC drops if you can't stand their multiplayer gimmick and/or (mostly for Darkmoon, also for Watchdogs and to a lesser extent Faithful if you level too high) can't get any bites.

Vil fucked around with this message at 20:01 on Feb 18, 2017

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Babe Magnet posted:

I have a ps4 but I don't have bloodborn, eat my shorts you loving shoobies

I played a friend's copy lol

I have a PS4 and have never played Bloodborne. :unsmigghh:

I barely had enough time to do a few cycles of DS3. :argh:

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Darkmoon and Watchdogs are the absolute worst covenants to upgrade because (last i knew of) the matchmaking for them was hosed to hell and back.

anyway, what's the ideal agility stat to have in DS2? I'm at 100, wondering if i should increase adaptability more or not

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009
100 agility is enough, you can also go to 105 for quick roll frames.