Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lokee
Oct 2, 2013

The brown sea is dark and full of terrors, but the paywall burns them all away.
New guy just starting to have things click perspective: Been really trying to make things work with the Peace Keeper as I love quick classes and DoTs, but I have to say running around as Fat Slamuri Guy is a loving blast. :japan:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3EYvgYCcbes

GodofGravity
Jun 20, 2005
Fun Shoe

Wandle Cax posted:

If you didnt know you can go on the website and do all your stats and orders and emblems and faction nonsense:

https://game-forhonor.ubisoft.com/#/en-US

A companion app would be cooler but it's there

Just a warning that the emblem editor seems a bit buggy. I tried to edit an emblem I had created in game online and when trying to save it the editor gave an error about not being able to save the changes. Logged into the game today and found that my emblem had not only failed to save my changes, but had also been completely deleted.

NewAge
Sep 6, 2008
Apologies if this has been asked already, but is anyone here using a controller to play multiplayer on PC? Does it feel like you are evenly matched control-wise with a bunch of people who are (presumably) using a kb+m? I'm finishing up the campaign after trying out both control setups and I prefer using a controller, but if I have to switch back to kbm to have a fighting chance I'd like to know.

panda clue
May 23, 2014

NewAge posted:

Apologies if this has been asked already, but is anyone here using a controller to play multiplayer on PC? Does it feel like you are evenly matched control-wise with a bunch of people who are (presumably) using a kb+m? I'm finishing up the campaign after trying out both control setups and I prefer using a controller, but if I have to switch back to kbm to have a fighting chance I'd like to know.

You can be just as competitive with a controller as you can be with a kb/m. Some things are arguably a bit easier to pull off with kb/m, but I don't feel like you're at any sort of a disadvantage for using a controller.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

NewAge posted:

The controls are good enough that MKB and console controller are about the same. The biggest issue is binding a key to PTT is far easier with MKB than it is when using a PS4 or XBOX controller.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Anyone wanna buy my PS4 gold edition code for like, idk, $25 bones?

Gone

Nostalgia4Dogges fucked around with this message at 14:32 on Feb 18, 2017

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Something has to be done about multiple rage quits causing the game to crash. Happens way too often.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Man, I really wanted to like Lawbringer but he seems kind of bad so far, other than the running impale obviously. Overall I'm just so much more effective with Nobushi it's crazy.

I'm also pretty sick of this blame game when someone gets killed, whoever mentioned earlier in the thread that no deaths are ever your fault in the eyes of the average player was spot on. I feel like every round of 4v4 I have some schmuck complaining because I impeded on some duel where my teammate was getting killed then turn around the next round and throw bitches off cliffs like it's going out of style. It makes me want to turn my chat off and just play because christ I've never seen so much salt before. Play loving 1v1 if you want to 1v1 :wtc:

explosivo fucked around with this message at 08:22 on Feb 18, 2017

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Also thanks no one for telling me you had to hit the button to activate the revenge thing :downs:

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

Something has to be done about multiple rage quits causing the game to crash. Happens way too often.

Simple fix, award silver if you don't leave, heh

DrGreatJob
Oct 3, 2006

we fuck each other very well and we have a lot of energy from eating plantfoods
Did somebody actually think "Hey, let's add power-ups to this deep combat experience to Mario Kart that poo poo up"?...If so, fire that rear end hole. I love 1v1, 2v2, and Dominion, but gently caress elimination and super-gently caress skirmish. All I want is a 4v4 elimination mode that doesn't involve power-ups. I have too many friends with the game to stick solely to 2v2s, and I don't always want to focus on objectives and building a team to effectively win Dominion matches. I just want to chop dudes with a sword and not worry if he's going to run to a health/armor spot to get his poo poo back unfairly.

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008

DrGreatJob posted:

Did somebody actually think "Hey, let's add power-ups to this deep combat experience to Mario Kart that poo poo up"?...If so, fire that rear end hole. I love 1v1, 2v2, and Dominion, but gently caress elimination and super-gently caress skirmish. All I want is a 4v4 elimination mode that doesn't involve power-ups. I have too many friends with the game to stick solely to 2v2s, and I don't always want to focus on objectives and building a team to effectively win Dominion matches. I just want to chop dudes with a sword and not worry if he's going to run to a health/armor spot to get his poo poo back unfairly.

Can't you do that in a custom game? Of course that would require a group of 8 to pull off.

Jade Mage
Jan 4, 2013

This is Canada. It snows nine months of the year, and hails the other three.

explosivo posted:

Man, I really wanted to like Lawbringer but he seems kind of bad so far, other than the running impale obviously. Overall I'm just so much more effective with Nobushi it's crazy.

I'm also pretty sick of this blame game when someone gets killed, whoever mentioned earlier in the thread that no deaths are ever your fault in the eyes of the average player was spot on. I feel like every round of 4v4 I have some schmuck complaining because I impeded on some duel where my teammate was getting killed then turn around the next round and throw bitches off cliffs like it's going out of style. It makes me want to turn my chat off and just play because christ I've never seen so much salt before. Play loving 1v1 if you want to 1v1 :wtc:

From way back in the thread.

Double Monocle posted:

Point taken.

Tips I have-

Spacing is a thing. Your reach is long. Abuse that. Holding back on the movement stick with attacks (except top light) will move you backwards slightly and can be using to dodge many short ranged attacks while getting a free hit.

Your parry light follow up counts as a attack for your chain and is 100% vs every character.

Your range makes you a horrible target to parry. Lawbringers recover quickly from getting parried and move far away. Many follow ups that work on the majority of the cast (parry-guard break) just don't work on lawbringers.

Parry into poleaxe push (side heavy after party) can situationally be amazing damage. Push into a wall is a gaurenteed heavy. Hit em top heavy for the blind and try to finish your chain for big damage.

You can shove on block. Use this to destroy rushdown tactics (hello orochi). On most characters blockshove into trip throw can only be avoided by spamming back dodge.

Parry into top heavy unblockable is much better than you think. It can be counter parried but the window is tight, and most characters cannot dodge away in time, which seems to be the default response. I do not suggest this vs a warden who knows what's up though lol.

If you wanna cheese master you can straight up play chiveraly with your attacks. Cancel lock on, look sideways, press side attack. Your side heavies have huge amount of swing to them and can hit targets at about 90 degrees. Feels dumb, but if you wanna finish off a dude it's effective.

The running attack is really really obvious if you just run at a dude. Dropping lock on quickly and doing it mid melee will catch people off gaurd and can get some quick damage in.

Use the red white and blue colors with the eagle emblem and tell your degenerate weeabo opponents your gonna free the poo poo out of them.

Pinbacker
May 7, 2007

explosivo posted:

The problem with lawbringer is that his attacks will be parried by anybody competent. His parry follow ons are all slow and easily parriable. So, I think right now the best way to play him
seems to be to abuse guard break and his shove. Only issue with this is that if you face really really good defensive players you don't have any options.

For everybody else, I block>shove>guard break>side heavy. If I get them close to a wall, I throw them into it>heavy.
If they run out of stamina, I will dash up and throw them to the ground>heavy.
If they dash back to get away, I'll drop guard and sprint, and they now have to decide if i'm going to spear charge, guard break, or shove>guard break.

Basically I try to throw so many guard breaks that all they can do is think about countering it. This leaves you with some opportunities to mixup, like block>shove>side heavy>side heavy, or
block>shove>light overhead.

After knockdowns you can make them choose between guard break and shove>guard break.

Also the running impale is super risky, if it is blocked you lose all your stamina.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

So uh... Am I the only one who can't select new orders? Just no response when I try.

It worked once but only as the pre match countdown was happening.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

So uh... Am I the only one who can't select new orders? Just no response when I try.

You have to unlclick the one you completed

panda clue
May 23, 2014

DrGreatJob posted:

Yeah, if they don't add an option to queue for 4v4 without powerups, it will forever be casual bullshit mode. I played a bunch of dominion today and I actually had a really good time, but elimination/skirmish is just godawful in every possible way.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

You have to unlclick the one you completed

I have. Two empty slots.

MadJackMcJack
Jun 10, 2009

NewAge posted:

I use a controller on PC and I'm holding my own pretty well. Plus using a controller makes it easier to pelvic thrust as a Conqueror, which is the most important factor.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

panda clue posted:

You can be just as competitive with a controller as you can be with a kb/m. Some things are arguably a bit easier to pull off with kb/m, but I don't feel like you're at any sort of a disadvantage for using a controller.

I think for pure twitch blocking, kb/m is better as you can move your wrist faster than you can your thumb. However that said I think controller is still preferable and less cumbersome.

Kaidyn
May 22, 2009

What is there left to discover about donuts...?
I decided to try out Kensei in Dominion, immediately get told by my teammate "hey Kaidyn go play vs AI or Brawl first maybe?" because of my glaring level 1ness on Kensei.

I then proceeded to go 13/2 with 7 objective points well above the person that told me to play a different mode. It felt pretty good.

Still not sure what class I want to play mostly, I always have success with a class for a game or two then just do totally horribly so it's hard for me to judge which ones I'm good with and which ones I happened to play against bad and/or really good players on. I enjoy Shugoki a lot except that playing against the assassin classes is some kind of fresh hell.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

That lawbringer spear ram whatever poo poo is so loving annoying

Nov 3, 2015

Give me all your crackers

You are not alone, I can't do it either.

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Another blue ribbon for Hecarim.

Nov 3, 2015

Give me all your crackers
Just restart the game to fix it.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

oh gently caress me

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011
Man the campaign is frustrating because they make you play the most boring classes for a majority of it. Let me be a peace keeper, berserker and fat samurai instead.

Also it's hilarious when characters "sheath" their swords in cutscenes because they dont have actual animations for the sword being on the hip, so the viking swordsman is just shoving his blade into his hand.

George Rouncewell
Jul 20, 2007

You think that's illegal? Heh, watch this.
Getting kicked into a pit is often more painful for the one getting kicked

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

Nasgate posted:

Man the campaign is frustrating because they make you play the most boring classes for a majority of it. Let me be a peace keeper, berserker and fat samurai instead.

Also it's hilarious when characters "sheath" their swords in cutscenes because they dont have actual animations for the sword being on the hip, so the viking swordsman is just shoving his blade into his hand.

The cutscenes are pretty cool though since you can tell the got actual stunt people to do the mocap

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
I *cannot* Parry Conqueror. It's some weird timing, I just parry too early every time and get hit out of it.

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

I thought when I got Lawbringer to Rep 1 I'd play something else.

I can't play something else.

Never not bring law.

Qubee
May 31, 2013

I dunno if my controller is borked or what, but a lot of my inputs are delayed like gently caress. I don't think it's a network problem, cause my speedtest results were good. God drat though is it frustrating. I'll dodge forward and attempt to attack, but nothing goes through, so my flow gets all hosed up and my brain takes a second to catch up.

It's super frustrating and doesn't happen on the one-off, either. It was happening consistently. If I dodged sideways and tried to light attack, nothing would register, I'd just dodge and that's it. I dunno what else it's affecting, that's all that really glared at me. I noticed I wouldn't move forward quickly when performing overhead light attacks. In the past, I'd shuffle forward quick with the attack to punish enemies, but now I 90% of the time just swing stupidly at air.

Anyone else had this problem before? It caused me to quit playing, cause I was playing awfully. Was trying to learn Peacemaker and Valkyrie, and I thought I was just bad at them, but then when I hopped onto my main, I was getting curbstomped cause of it.

Qubee fucked around with this message at 13:43 on Feb 18, 2017

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

I kind of do, let me think about it. If you get another offer then you can, of course, accept it.

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Yes I'll PM you

Qubee
May 31, 2013

RIP, my right bumper is faulty. So I'm screwed. There's literally nothing else I can rebind light attack to.

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

shoot men, receive credits

Sodomy Non Sapiens posted:

I thought when I got Lawbringer to Rep 1 I'd play something else.

I can't play something else.

Never not bring law.

I have the exact same problem, I currently try to force me to at least Rep the other Kniggits, but it's hard to not be medieval Judge Dredd.

linall
Feb 1, 2007
Apologizes if this has been asked before, but are the connection issues as bad as all the Steam reviews seem to say? I'd like to give me a whirl but my connection isn't fantastic at the moment. If that is going to result in me just constantly dropping from matches I'd rather save the 60 bux and headache.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

That lawbringer spear ram whatever poo poo is so loving annoying

Just block to your left when you see them sprinting towards you. Problem solved.

Smart ones will sprint at you and then guard break rather than doing that though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Keegers posted:

Focus on learning to parry than attack. Try to let them attack first to train yourself not to spam.

Parrying seems frustratingly hit or miss with me. Do you hit Parry the instant the attack notifier starts FLASHING or the first time you see the notifier?