Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Ciaphas posted:

way ahead of ya!!

(whm and pld are so booriiiiiing)

PLD gets more interesting after 50, but I can't remember if anything critical happens after level 56 that you'd be missing that would change your mind at this point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Umbrite is the number one thing you should be spending lore on, because you can't get it anyway else. Although you might want to wait until the patch on 28 Feb when they'll supposedly be nerfing that step.

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer

Ainsley McTree posted:

PLD gets more interesting after 50, but I can't remember if anything critical happens after level 56 that you'd be missing that would change your mind at this point.

Clemency and Royal Authority. Both nice abilities, and the latter gives you a non-DoT DPS combo finisher so it puts it more on par with the other tanks that way.

Neither is going to change the way you feel about the class, but they round the kit out well if you otherwise are fine with PLD.

Can always just pull out your chocobo and run beastmen dailies to finish those two classes off without having to run instances on classes you aren't wild about.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

Tortolia posted:

Clemency and Royal Authority. Both nice abilities, and the latter gives you a non-DoT DPS combo finisher so it puts it more on par with the other tanks that way.

My Royal Authority crit for 6k recently :gbsmith:

(Sword Oath, ForF, Slashing Debuff and Trick Attack.)

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Tortolia posted:

Neither is going to change the way you feel about the class, but they round the kit out well if you otherwise are fine with PLD.

Can always just pull out your chocobo and run beastmen dailies to finish those two classes off without having to run instances on classes you aren't wild about.

You can also do your chunts while you're doing this, it's actually a pretty good chunk of exp.

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.
How long till fanfest????

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

BrightWing posted:

How long till fanfest????
It starts in like 2 hours and 15, idk what the schedule is for when the live letter or whatever they're going to talk about bonestorm at is though

Nill
Aug 24, 2003

Keynote starts at 1:30am PST I believe

Live letter will be tomorrow at the same time

Dukka
Apr 28, 2007

lock teams or bust

Nill posted:

Keynote starts at 1:30am PST I believe

Live letter will be tomorrow at the same time
live letter is also just a Q&A thing like the one during NA

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Ainsley McTree posted:

Looking at the system requirements for Stormblood on steam and it says it requires 60gb of hard drive space. I hope that just means that's the total size of the game with the expansion, and that it's not 60gb in addition to ARR & HW.

I mean it can't be, right? That'd be a real big expansion

I'm just glad I was able to save enough money to upgrade my computer before the expansion hit.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

45 minutes from time of post if you're coming in and not knowing when it starts

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
Keynote is at 1:30 AM PST, not 1.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Yeah, for some reason, even though all the promo stuff they've given out says 9am, it's 9:30am, so ~45 minutes as of post.

e:
The stream has started and the pre important stuff banter is awful.

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 10:04 on Feb 18, 2017

Dukka
Apr 28, 2007

lock teams or bust

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Yeah, for some reason, even though all the promo stuff they've given out says 9am, it's 9:30am, so ~45 minutes as of post.

e:
The stream has started and the pre important stuff banter is awful.
i hope you are enjoying the creepiest high profile man to bless dota and csgo

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?
Wow! These commercials are just like being back in 1998, watching a tech demo on a Wal-Mart television display! :bravo:

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

$30 stream on a bad platform for a pay to play MMO with a sub fee that has a cash shop and extra additional fees for additional retainers and it has a solid 8 minute block of advertisements.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Keynote started. Just showing the Monk fight again though atm

e: the monk thing shows more this time.
Samurai confirmed

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 10:33 on Feb 18, 2017

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Here we go, show me all you got, Yoshi.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

If this SAM they're showing is in AF, it's not traditional Samurai armour. Robe stuff.

Maybe SB is going to Doma too?

Yoshi is dressed as the Samurai haha

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!
Holy poo poo we're going to Doma. I legitimately did not expect that.

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Very reminiscent of Auron's stuff, specifically.

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

SpaceDrake posted:

Holy poo poo we're going to Doma. I legitimately did not expect that.
Yeah I was sure that was gonna be the one after this. Stormblood gonna be a "gently caress the empire" expansion

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Can't believe we're gonna get to set foot on Othard. :aaaaa:

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Liberating Doma as well as Ala Mihgo.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Wow, Auron was able to ride sin to fanfest!

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

I like Yugiri i'm glad to see more of her

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Samurai dude in 3.55

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Man, the teleportation bill is going to be intense.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
iaijutsu

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Sam is a DPS.
He teased tank though.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
IAIJUTSU

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

:eyepop:

Wonder if we're just making a brief stop in Ala Migho, or even going at all, because that looks like way more effort put into expanding Othard there.

EDIT: And this is still only what, one third of the world? Considering there's the new world continent(s) and the blasted wasteland that was Meracydia too that aren't on the map.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

SAMURAI IS A loving DPS

ALL I EVER WANTED

I WILL SUCK YOSHIP'S COCK NOW

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
So that is now 10 DPS classes for 3 healers and 3 tanks. Its a mystery why DPS queues take so long.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

They know that the matching is going to be a pain in the rear end with two 2 DPS classes. They saw that tanks and heals didn't swap to new tank and heals as a whole so they're not messing the numbers.

They're still going to address tank and healer gameplay as it exists overall though.

They also said that no 3rd job because it's just a bit too much work.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Shares Monk gear.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
i would be utterly shocked if they actually address the dps queue issue with anything other than "we made tanks more fun/easier to level"

• Locked thread