Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

I wish I could just buy from the US store without needing another account.

About this, If I make an US account with the same email and details, will it just download stuff on my EU activated PS4? Because we don't get as good sales.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

You'll have to use a different e-mail address but you can set your PS4 as the primary on the US account too and it'll just download games as normal on to it. You can even play them on your EU account then if you want.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Maybe in the magical unicorn future you will just be able to change regions at will with your account, like Apple and Google and Microsoft and Steam and Netflix and a bunch others I am forgetting but I did when I moved back to Japan a few years ago?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

From when I tried it earlier this year, while moving your Apple account from region to region is fairly easy, actually buying something from a different one than you're in is not.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Sakurazuka posted:

You'll have to use a different e-mail address but you can set your PS4 as the primary on the US account too and it'll just download games as normal on to it. You can even play them on your EU account then if you want.

So I can just log in with my EU account and user and will play just fine, right? Like just powering my PS4 and they're ready. I'm sorry If I sound like a complete newbie because I am since on PC you can buy region-free keys or US keys and work fine on steam most of the time.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Sakurazuka posted:

From when I tried it earlier, while moving your Apple account from region is region is fairly easy, actually buying something from a different one is not.
As with all the others I said, if you have have easy access to the money of the new region, it's no problem at all.

Compared to the last time I moved between countries six years ago its like night and day. Almost everyone is on the bandwagon except the PSN and oddly, Amazon.

Guillermus posted:

So I can just log in with my EU account and user and will play just fine, right? Like just powering my PS4 and they're ready. I'm sorry If I sound like a complete newbie because I am since on PC you can buy region-free keys or US keys and work fine on steam most of the time.
The only issue is that DLC for a game needs to be bought on the store region that the game was bought on, and it won't warn you about that, so you could totally buy worthless DLC by accident. Also if the game has some internal way to buy DLC and you're playing it under an other region account, it won't work right.

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 12:16 on Feb 18, 2017

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Steam does not let you buy from other regions unless you are physically there, you can at best have some friend from other regions gift you stuff.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Yes, as long as PS4 is set as the primary on the account any account on it can play any game downloaded on to it.
The only restriction is that DLC has to match the region of the base game.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Samurai Sanders posted:

As with all the others I said, if you have have easy access to the money of the new region, it's no problem at all.

Compared to the last time I moved between countries its like night and day. Almost everyone is on the bandwagon except the PSN and oddly, Amazon.

The only issue is that DLC for a game needs to be bought on the store region that the game was bought on, and it won't warn you about that, so you could totally buy worthless DLC by accident. Also if the game has some internal way to buy DLC and you're playing it under an other region account, it won't work right.

Bloodborne+DLC is called complete for NA and GOTY in EU. I might just wait since they do have different store entries depending on region.

Healbot posted:

Steam does not let you buy from other regions unless you are physically there, you can at best have some friend from other regions gift you stuff.

I can buy keys from amazon.com with my fictional US adress and they activate just fine and you can use a VPN to buy from US Steam store page. They don't really care as long as you don't do it frecuently or touch the russian zone since they have waaaay cheaper prices.

Like Deadpool on PC via amazon.com had a 15% off and translated to € was like 28€ compared to the 49.99€ in Steam.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Also existing saves probably won't work, if you wanted to get rid of your disc copy from another region.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

kirbysuperstar posted:

Also existing saves probably won't work, if you wanted to get rid of your disc copy from another region.
Saves are definitely 100% tied to the account, as are trophies. If you want to start a game under a new account you'll have to start all over again.

But again, the game itself doesn't care what region of account or hardware you play under; it will save games and record trophies the same no matter what.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Oh, gently caress that then. On Xbox360 had a similar experience with Black Ops 1. I bought the game from play.co.uk years ago because they had a cheaper deluxe edition and had to buy the UK DLC all the way to work with my UK copy. I did that because for some reason the spanish DVD only had french and german languages but not english. Fortunately that isn't an issue with PSN since I have set my system language to english (but still spanish region) and even if I buy from the spanish store, all games play in english just fine.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Samurai Sanders posted:

Saves are definitely 100% tied to the account, as are trophies. If you want to start a game under a new account you'll have to start all over again.

But again, the game itself doesn't care what region of account or hardware you play under; it will save games and record trophies the same no matter what.

Yeah I meant if you have EU Bloodborne on disc and replace it with US Bloodborne download your save probably won't be recognized.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

kirbysuperstar posted:

Yeah I meant if you have EU Bloodborne on disc and replace it with US Bloodborne download your save probably won't be recognized.
Not just that, but if you have a US version of Bloodborne and accidentally start it up while in your EU account, it will make a new set of save files and a new trophy set for the new account. I've done that by accident countless times between my US and Japanese accounts.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

Samurai Sanders posted:

Maybe in the magical unicorn future you will just be able to change regions at will with your account, like Apple and Google and Microsoft and Steam and Netflix and a bunch others I am forgetting but I did when I moved back to Japan a few years ago?

You definitely can't do that with Netflix.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
I forgot to move money into my funmoney account so i can't get GTAV from the flash sale, might as well kill myself.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Wandle Cax posted:

You definitely can't do that with Netflix.
I turned my US account into a Japanese account easily.

edit: Netflix started in Japan about a year ago and I logged in with my US username/password through my PS4 and my Japanese PSN account and it just recognized the information and asked for my Japanese credit card info and I was using it just the same as in the US, only with a somewhat different set of content. I still only have one Netflix account.

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 14:33 on Feb 18, 2017

illBilliam
Jan 8, 2006

Thanks for the advice on Dark Souls II and keeping me from writing it off, everyone. I've looked into adaptability and various cool builds, including the duel caestus. I might just enjoy this video game yet.:unsmith:

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
Just got Xcom 2 and I think it's a good game

Danith
May 20, 2006
I've lurked here for years
Has anyone picked up marvel ultimate alliance? Does it support local co-op? The store page says 1 player, 2-4 network which makes me think its removed.

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot
so i bought infamous second son from the flash sale and i am having a plobem, playing the game for more then 10 min will cause the screen to fickle with a bit of static. when i close second son, the issue exist in the PS4 menu. it not doing this at all when i play final fantasy 15 or call of duty 2016 but both games are on disks. the HDMI cable i am using is about 7 years old at this point. so maybe it that or my system is fubar when it comes to downloadable games. i am thinking of downloading another game that is more simple like shovel knight to see if that is the issue.

My PS4 is a slim (poor version) that i brought this week and i brought it from best buy online.

Cyron fucked around with this message at 21:14 on Feb 18, 2017

Ripley
Jan 21, 2007

Danith posted:

Has anyone picked up marvel ultimate alliance? Does it support local co-op? The store page says 1 player, 2-4 network which makes me think its removed.

Haven't played it, but Co-Optimus says 4 players local co-op.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Cyron posted:

so i brought infamous second son from the flash sale and i am having a plobem, playing the game for more then 10 min will cause the screen to fickle with a bit of static. when i close second son, the issue exist in the PS4 menu. it not doing this at all when i play final fantasy 15 or call of duty 2016 but both games are on disks. the HDMI cable i am using is about 7 years old at this point. so maybe it that or my system is fubar when it comes to downloadable games. i am thinking of downloading another game that is more simple like shovel knight to see if that is the issue.

My PS4 is a slim (poor version) that i brought this week and i brought it from best buy online.

It's 'bought' not 'brought'

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

why do people use hdmi cables that don't come with their consoles?

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot

Real hurthling! posted:

well i was worried the cord would of been too too short, but i switched it and never had a issue since. my consoles are set on the right of the tv but all of the tv cable inports are on the other side, the PS4 HDMI cable turn out to be longer then i thought.

but ya i think most people use other cords just for length. but i am happy the PS4 cord works.

Cyron fucked around with this message at 21:26 on Feb 18, 2017

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

Real hurthling! posted:

I have an extra long Amazon basics one.

It works fine because I did chew on it or leave it in a tropical rain forest or whatever people do to ruin their electronics in exotic ways.

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot
ok update, the system is still have the satic screen and now there is random red dots, i turned off my system and it was hot after playing it for 10 min. i am now trying to talk to sony. i fear i may be overheating.

Cyron fucked around with this message at 23:05 on Feb 18, 2017

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Real hurthling! posted:

You can buy ones that are slim as hell compared to normal ones but still have 4K and high speed and everything support.

BoyBlunder
Sep 17, 2008

Cyron posted:

ok update, the system is still have the satic screen and now there is random red dots, i turned off my system and it was hot after playing it for 10 min. i am now trying to talk to sony. i fear i may be overheating.

Didn't you buy it this week? Just return it

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
So i ended up buying The Bit.Trip since it was on sale for two bucks, and i just gotta know, is there a way to play Bit.Trip Beat WITHOUT the retarded sixaxis controls? Because whoever decided to implement wobbly-rear end sixaxis controls in a fast-paced precision-oriented game deserves to have their publishing license revoked forever

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

Samurai Sanders posted:

I turned my US account into a Japanese account easily.

edit: Netflix started in Japan about a year ago and I logged in with my US username/password through my PS4 and my Japanese PSN account and it just recognized the information and asked for my Japanese credit card info and I was using it just the same as in the US, only with a somewhat different set of content. I still only have one Netflix account.

Yeah but you can't just switch countries whenever you want, you're stuck with the content for one country unless you have a VPN which gets around their blocking, which is pretty hard to find now that they've cracked down on it.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

fridge corn posted:

It's 'bought' not 'brought'

..is this f'real? Am I in 2009 GBS?

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

bloodychill posted:

I have an extra long Amazon basics one.

It works fine because I did chew on it or leave it in a tropical rain forest or whatever people do to ruin their electronics in exotic ways.

It's "didn't" not "did"

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I hate video games so much.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

I said come in! posted:

Video Games are a reflection of the self

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Cyron posted:

i fear i may be overheating.
Take a break, have a nice cool drink :ohdear:

I said come in! posted:

He's a pretty cool dude

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot
ok after i talked to sony in the afternoon it happens again after i ate, i let it run and the screen went to black like i unplog the HDMI cable then it went back to normal, played for a half hour and no issues since. i am returning it to best buy for a exchange. but i fear my tv may be taking a poo poo.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
what'd you eat?

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

Cyron posted:

ok after i talked to sony in the afternoon it happens again after i ate, i let it run and the screen went to black like i unplog the HDMI cable then it went back to normal, played for a half hour and no issues since. i am returning it to best buy for a exchange. but i fear my tv may be taking a poo poo.

What did you have to eat? Also, please Periscope the visit to Best Buy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Cyron posted:

Honestly i'm inclined to believe it has to do with whatever it is you were eating.