Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

really queer Christmas posted:

On one hand, more than 90% of all media is owned by like 5 companies and they spew nothing but propaganda, half-truths, and try to spin a narrative that benefits their owners, the rich, and the establishment in general.

On the other hand, holy loving lmao the president of the United States, Donald Tromp, just called the media the enemy of the American people :lol:

Then you realize Donald Trump is also the establishment and you realize we're hosed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jukebox Hero
Dec 27, 2007
stars in his eyes
The beast's heads have begun to turn on one another.

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.

really queer Christmas posted:

On one hand, more than 90% of all media is owned by like 5 companies and they spew nothing but propaganda, half-truths, and try to spin a narrative that benefits their owners, the rich, and the establishment in general.

I'd love to be a fly on the wall when the higher ups at Disney, Comcast, Time Warner, News Corp, and whoever else have their Trump discussion

a dingus
Mar 22, 2008

Rhetorical questions only
Fun Shoe
I don't follow this too closely but have any other politicians, trump supporter or not actually come out and said the media is trustworthy or that Trump is incorrect?

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.

Smeed posted:

I don't follow this too closely but have any other politicians, trump supporter or not actually come out and said the media is trustworthy or that Trump is incorrect?

One perk of the status quo is that everybody favors it by default aka not saying anything means you support it

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Panzeh posted:

Then you realize Donald Trump is also the establishment and you realize we're hosed.

no, trump's a puppet and the russian govt is an establishment

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

Smeed posted:

lol no dude they wanna eat trump's crumbs and get a place in the vault

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xHG7tvx4E94

Why would I ever get the impression the media is biased

a dingus
Mar 22, 2008

Rhetorical questions only
Fun Shoe

Toadvine posted:

One perk of the status quo is that everybody favors it by default aka not saying anything means you support it

I don't know. Both sides of the aisle have attacked Trump for just about everything the guy does. I don't see why they'd stop trying to shoot him down now if there weren't some kind of truth to it? I'm just playing devil's advocate. Politics is such a lovely game.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

youre even more retarded than the potus you know that right

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T7LGoHV3aKs

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

cool video faget

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Masturbasturd
Sep 1, 2014
I'm a fifth columnist seeking dickrub partners. Pls reply with dick pics. No one over 66, sorry lads

ra tehuti
Feb 9, 2017
Thoth is protecting
my flesh entirely
I am Ra
day every
Seer of millions of years
is my name
traveling twice
along the way of
Horus the Judge

I am the lord of eternity
I feel
I perceive
I am in the utchat in it's closing
I exist by it's strength
I come forth and I shine
I go in and I come to life

thathonkey posted:

cool video faget

seriously stop spamming youtube

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

Why would you get mad at an old drunk white guy bobbing along to sweet Caroline, even if he is a dumbo like Wolf Blitzer. That's like standard old man response

potee
Jul 23, 2007

Or, you know.

Not fine.

Aesop Poprock posted:

Why would you get mad at an old drunk white guy bobbing along to sweet Caroline, even if he is a dumbo like Wolf Blitzer. That's like standard old man response

Wolf being an actual retarded person will never not be funny:

ra tehuti
Feb 9, 2017
Thoth is protecting
my flesh entirely
I am Ra
day every
is my name
traveling twice
along the way of
Horus the Judge

I feel
I perceive
I exist by it's strength
I come forth and I shine
what kind of a name is wolf anyway? I can't think of a single word that rhymes with wolf. that's a red flag

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

tao of lmao posted:

I hope everyone has successful, fulfilling careers, pays their taxes, has hobbies, and generally contributes to society. I wish this, for all people, for we are all on the same team.

REPORTED

ra tehuti
Feb 9, 2017
Thoth is protecting
my flesh entirely
I am Ra
day every
is my name
traveling twice
along the way of
Horus the Judge

I feel
I perceive
I exist by it's strength
I come forth and I shine

seriously. paying taxes and caring about your life is stupid

Cosmic Charlie
Apr 6, 2009

How do you do? Truckin' in style along the avenue

Jukebox Hero posted:

The beast's heads have begun to turn on one another.

Theres a guy around my town who doesn't seem right in the head, bad cauliflower ears, face all scarred up and poo poo, looks like hes been fighting daily for years. Turns out he has some mental issue where he beats himself in the face and head, I feel bad for the guy, just drinks till he passes out to escape some pain, real sad story.

Anyways we need to wrap that fucker up in a flag and print him on money because holy poo poo he's the best mascot we'll ever have.

And yes, we have devolved to mascot status at this point, like a showbiz pizza.

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

old fat bird posted:

It's funny millennial's have only been alive for 20 years because the CIA is the least trusted branch of the Government within the Government - infamous for being infiltrated by the KGB during the Cold War, during the 60's in the Pentagon it was a running joke anything the CIA knew the KGB would know within 24 hours. Which is kind of how we got to the Government within a Government we got to today.

so that means that the ussr is inside the CIA

the globalist communists have one the war

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

ra tehuti posted:

what kind of a name is wolf anyway? I can't think of a single word that rhymes with wolf. that's a red flag

gulf

Ivan Shitskin
Nov 29, 2002

I think wolf blitzer is a pretty cool name. Wolf blitzer. Sounds pretty badass. Too bad wolf blitzer is really not so badass IRL

ra tehuti
Feb 9, 2017
Thoth is protecting
my flesh entirely
I am Ra
day every
is my name
traveling twice
along the way of
Horus the Judge

I feel
I perceive
I exist by it's strength
I come forth and I shine

when I get famous I am gonna buy a peninsula and name it the gulf of wolf and will invite the entire nfl to hang out I hope they show up

rezatahs
Jun 9, 2001

by Smythe

Kenzie posted:

I think wolf blitzer is a pretty cool name. Wolf blitzer. Sounds pretty badass. Too bad wolf blitzer is really not so badass IRL

just think you name your kid something awesome like wolf blitzer and he turns out to be a 150lbs retard

:sad:

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Moridin920 posted:

some hilariously religious rhetoric that if you translated into Arabic would sound like it was coming from the Ayatollah of Iran.

the Ayatollah, as an Iranian, speaks Farsi, an Indo-European language. It is simply written with the Arabic script (and Farsi adds a few new letters)

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

wow you mean all sources of information have an inherent bias :monocle: thats amazing how did no one else ever see that before

ra tehuti
Feb 9, 2017
Thoth is protecting
my flesh entirely
I am Ra
day every
is my name
traveling twice
along the way of
Horus the Judge

I feel
I perceive
I exist by it's strength
I come forth and I shine

XMNN posted:

wow you mean all sources of information have an inherent bias :monocle: thats amazing how did no one else ever see that before

nice post/av combo

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit
I recall the hilarity aimed at us Brits when Brexit happened and I would like to say karma is a bitch, but whats happening to you guys is more horrifying than hilarious.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender

Myrddin_Emrys posted:

I recall the hilarity aimed at us Brits when Brexit happened and I would like to say karma is a bitch, but whats happening to you guys is more horrifying than hilarious.

how is it karma, it isn't like the united states made you leave the EU

GREAT SATAN
Aug 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy
How is karma a bitch? TPP is dead and NAFTA will be renegotiated. DJT can do nothing but rant at the media for the next four years besides these two things and he will have a positive effect on the country's well being.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

Node posted:

how is it karma, it isn't like the united states made you leave the EU

Wow autistic much?

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We

NeoHentaiMaster posted:

You know, when someone runs for office on a rather overt platform xenophobia and right wing nationalism and then within the the first few weeks of taking office takes aggressive action to consolidate power into an unprecedentedly small closed group of people that are openly hostile to and unwilling to compromise with everyone outside that group, maybe it's not the best time to be giving that person the benefit of doubt. Perhaps, given the well documented history of similar events in just the past century and what they lead too, it is totally justified to be overly critical and demanding that the burden of proof be on those now in power as to what their true intentions are.

except that's doesn't seem to be what's happening really because the system works

SBJ
Apr 10, 2009

Apple of My Eye

Laughter in the Sky
Trump is gonna serve two terms and isnt going to change america or affect anyones lives to a drastic degree one way or another.

He just needs to stay out of wars and things are going to be more or less the same as usual. This isnt fascism. The left is freaking the gently caress out but these sheltered bitches dont know any better.

Most of my family lives in a police state where you can dissappear for saying the wrong thing about the government and protests are crushed through actual fear of death. The person in charge also can legally rule for life. Thats fascism.

You have to deal with a clown who says dumb poo poo on the internet and might embezzle money at worst. Boo loving hoo. I'd pick stupid over evil any day.

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Will Thomas Friedman write a book where a taxi driver tells him he could do the job of an American for cents on the dollar if only it wasn't for Trump?

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

SBJ posted:

Trump is gonna serve two terms and isnt going to change america or affect anyones lives to a drastic degree one way or another.

He just needs to stay out of wars and things are going to be more or less the same as usual. This isnt fascism. The left is freaking the gently caress out but these sheltered bitches dont know any better.

Most of my family lives in a police state where you can dissappear for saying the wrong thing about the government and protests are crushed through actual fear of death. The person in charge also can legally rule for life. Thats fascism.

You have to deal with a clown who says dumb poo poo on the internet and might embezzle money at worst. Boo loving hoo. I'd pick stupid over evil any day.

lmao just because your country sucks dick doesn't mean what trump does is fine

ra tehuti
Feb 9, 2017
Thoth is protecting
my flesh entirely
I am Ra
day every
is my name
traveling twice
along the way of
Horus the Judge

I feel
I perceive
I exist by it's strength
I come forth and I shine

Son of Rodney posted:

lmao just because your country sucks dick doesn't mean what trump does is fine

he never said that

Macrowave Oven
Nov 20, 2008

Guitar, bass, drums, keyboards, clavinet, piano, keytar, lap steel guitar, slide bass guitar, mandolin, violin, and FRESH POTS.

Myrddin_Emrys posted:

Wow autistic much?

The definitions of words are not pedantic, you dumb tit.

Gasbraai
Oct 25, 2010

Lictor my Dictor
The new liberal tears thread has gone to poo poo, Trump is good idiots.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

Lunixnerd posted:

The new liberal tears thread has gone to poo poo, Trump is good idiots.

• Locked thread