Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

regulargonzalez posted:

If I haven't played a Tomb Raider game since the very very first one on my kickin' rad Monster 3D, which one should I play?

I want an emphasis on exploring and less on quicktime events or shooting. Puzzles are cool if those are a thing in Tomb Raider games.

Anniversary is probably the best Tomb Raider, and is actually a loose remake of the first one so if you remember liking that you'll probably dig it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

The new one is pretty good

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

The White Dragon posted:

but that was 2014

But Nintendo officially announced back then that every year was year of the Luigi from here on out.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
Xcom 2 is a cool game

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Lurdiak posted:

Man I really wish that Scott Pilgrim game wasn't awful, the pixel art is so charming.

It wasn't BAD, it was just kind of repetitive and forgettable, and gives you little rain to want to come back to it once you've finished the game. And also weirdly more of a Castle Crashers knockoff than RCR, despite the source material.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

raditts posted:

It wasn't BAD, it was just kind of repetitive and forgettable, and gives you little rain to want to come back to it once you've finished the game. And also weirdly more of a Castle Crashers knockoff than RCR, despite the source material.

Trust me, it was bad. I didn't even bother finishing it.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Maybe it was better multiplayer. I only ever played it with my wife, it seemed like it was definitely balanced toward playing with four people for some reason.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

My friend and I gave up when we realized we were 1/3rd or less of the way through the game and already expected to grind through the interminable levels.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Day 5 of kidney stones: Peggle 2 is fun, it was worth the 10-ish bucks. My college teachers haven't emailed me back regarding extensions and what to do about the going-on 3 weeks of assignments I will be missing and I cant stop crying

edit: ok maybe "I cant stop crying" is a bit of an exaggeration but it has put me in a very bad mood

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 17:25 on Feb 18, 2017

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

The manger babies don't have feelings. You said it yourself.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3d1nvKeTnU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Help Im Alive posted:

The new one is pretty good

Yeah but they wanted one with exploration and puzzles not mostly shooting dudes

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I finished Tales of Berseria today with 62 hours played and it's the best RPG I've played for a long, long time and easily top five ever.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Tomb Raider Legend, Anniversary and Underworld are all pretty good and focus on reenecting the original Tomb Raider puzzle feel.

The new Tomb Raider reboot and Rising are great action games with simpler puzzles that play more like Uncharted.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
And GO and Guardian of Light are completely different (both from each other and the main series) while also being really good.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Sakurazuka posted:

I finished Tales of Berseria today with 62 hours played and it's the best RPG I've played for a long, long time and easily top five ever.

I can't get in to the combat for longer than like ten minutes at a stretch :(

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

counterpoint: the Scott Pilgrim actually, was good

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Anniversary is my favourite tomb raider because it is a truly joyous remake of my previous favourite tomb raider. Its music alone is stunning!

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

grieving for Gandalf posted:

counterpoint: the Scott Pilgrim actually, was good

Sometimes I think this entire subforum is just an elaborate prank being played on me.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Lurdiak posted:

Sometimes I think this entire subforum is just an elaborate prank being played on me.

What would give you that idea?

Quick everyone convene in the Lurdiak Free Zone, new plan

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

CJacobs posted:

Day 5 of kidney stones: Peggle 2 is fun, it was worth the 10-ish bucks. My college teachers haven't emailed me back regarding extensions and what to do about the going-on 3 weeks of assignments I will be missing and I cant stop crying

edit: ok maybe "I cant stop crying" is a bit of an exaggeration but it has put me in a very bad mood

If your instructors really aren't responding, you should contact a counselor in your own department, if you have one, or the student-facing staff in your instructors' departments. In almost all institutions they have to respect documented medical emergencies, with at the very least allowing you to take an incomplete so you can finish your work at a later time.

Edit: The Scott Pilgrim movie was really good
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6-EfveplnA

CharlieFoxtrot fucked around with this message at 20:19 on Feb 18, 2017

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

What the hell, there's an Apocalypse Now! game in the making: https://apocalypsenow.com/

Apocalypse Now Website posted:

IT'S LIKE FALLOUT: NEW VEGAS ON ACID IN VIETNAM

Apocalypse Now Website posted:

Estimated delivery: 10/31/2020

I like that they're specifically naming New Vegas.

Palpek fucked around with this message at 20:29 on Feb 18, 2017

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Oh, did the kickstarter succeed? Cool

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

They actually canceled the Kickstarter a couple of days ago when it was only 1/5 funded, so it's unclear what's happening now

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

CJacobs posted:

Oh, did the kickstarter succeed? Cool

haha

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Hmm.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Oh hey Josh Sawyer is somehow involved so I'm still interested.

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
That just reminds me of some dumb magazine calling the Ghost in the Shell movie "THE NEW MATRIX" when GitS came out way before The Matrix

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

That just reminds me of some dumb magazine calling the Ghost in the Shell movie "THE NEW MATRIX" when GitS came out way before The Matrix

Unsurprisingly it was referring to the new ghost in the shell movie being reminiscent of the movie the matrix with no involvement of the original series in the comparison but pedants will be pedants

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

*Alfalfa the Roach, furiously typing in the comments of a yahoo article*

DOC SAVAGE PREDATES INDIANA JONES BY SEVERAL DECADES, DESCRIBING THIS TV SERIES AS "IN THE VEIN OF INDIANA JONES" IS GROSSLY INACCURATE.

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
I felt like pointing out the similarities for each one but you do you I guess

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Great now I have to watch Scott Pilgrim again

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
If I don't give a flying gently caress about connecting it to the internet, will a banned Xbox 360 still play disc games?

And if I kind of give a gently caress, could I use Netflix on one?

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

GobiasIndustries posted:

If I don't give a flying gently caress about connecting it to the internet, will a banned Xbox 360 still play disc games?

A quick google says yes to your first question:

But further cursory googling says no you can't use Netflix on it.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

it steams my hams that viva piñata 1 or 2 are not on steam. or ps4 but mainly steam

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

oddium posted:

it steams my hams that viva piñata 1 or 2 are not on steam. or ps4 but mainly steam

Viva pinata ranks highly among games I took one look at and said 'that doesn't look like fun' but then I turned out to be very wrong about

Vapor Moon
Feb 24, 2010

Neato!
The Human Font

MisterBibs posted:

Well, this was fun and totally not a waste of cash.

Step One: Decide to buy an old game, Phantasmagoria 2. Figure it's not on Steam, go directly to GoG.
Step Two: Learn I can't use my Discover card, because apparently we're ten years in the past, or something.
Step Three: Use Discover card to buy :10bux: of GoG Wallet on PayPal.
Step Four: Learn that I can't use the :10bux: I just added to the wallet because I need to spend another :10bux: and wait three months to use your Wallet.
Step Five: Realize the game, which is admittedly lovely, is actually on Steam, a service I can actually use my Discover card to buy things with no hassles.

Discover card is pretty much just used in America which may explain why Euroland doesn't care for it.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I don't even know what a Discover card is

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

imagine the shapeshifting pal card from mgs1 but it doesn't shift shapes and also instead of activating metal gear rex it facilitates purchases

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

A credit card?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

GobiasIndustries posted:

it'll play discs, but won't patch them. and your console won't allow any streaming stuff either.

• Locked thread