Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ArtIsResistance
May 19, 2007

QUEEN OF FRANCE, SAVIOR OF LOWTAX

The Management posted:

I fantasize about self killing but in my fantasies I'm you

that's a really good song lyric imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dogbrisket
Jun 10, 2009

LethalGeek posted:

Slightly late but if you live somewhere that has a HOA you're a bad person and should feel bad for that simple fact.

HOA's are nearly impossible to avoid if you're buying into a neighborhood built in the last decade or so.

Edit: HOA's are poo poo

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Live in an old house on a country road. The only way to live.

H.H
Oct 24, 2006

August is the Cruelest Month

quote:

I'm convinced my girlfriend is cheating on me.
For the first few years we dated, she would slobber all over my dick like it was a popsicle in the middle of summer. She would lie on the floor in a skirt and tank top and look at me with those "do me" eyes, her chest getting flushed red as she scratched her nails down my back.
These days, though, all we ever do is watch TV. When we go to bed, she immediately wraps herself in a blanket and goes to sleep.
Recently, it was my birthday. She gave me a dry three-fingered handjob, then, as usual, mummified herself and went to sleep.
Two days ago, on Feb 13th, she asked me what time I'd be home from work the next day (ie Valentine's Day.) I thought it was weird, I get home at around the same time every night. I asked her why, and she said "Just wondering." Then winked at me.
Driving home yesterday, I was thinking that maybe she was going to surprise me with some sexy lingerie or something. But when I came in, she was half asleep on the couch. I gave her the flowers and chocolate I'd gotten for her, and told her that I was going to make a nice dinner. But she told me she'd already eaten.
So I made myself some scrambled eggs and we spent the night watching TV. She went to bed not too long ago. I attempted to lie down with her, but she took up most of the bed and didn't even try to move to make any room for me.
Now here I am, typing this in a different room, wondering what happened. I am fairly fit, maybe not as cut as I was when we first met, but the years will do that to you. I make delicious food, and as I was taught to believe, women love men who cook. I've never hurt her, physically or mentally.
Perhaps I'm just a big teddy bear in her eyes. That ratty old one she would rather just stuff in the attic and forget about. It's how it seems these days.

quote:

I am currently dating my former Aunt.

She married my mom's brother. They were together about 15 years, then he passed away.

There was definitely always an attraction between my "Aunt" and I, but we both respected her marriage and never acted on it. We had a few weird encounters, mostly at family pool parties, and I did finger her one time. But I was 17 at the time and would have fingered anything with a pulse, so I brushed it off and we never spoke of it again.

My uncle passed away in 2014 and we started secretly dating a few weeks later. We are considering becoming public but society looks down on us for the obvious reason of our age gap. She's 48 and I'm only 29. Couple that with how close we were when I was growing up, and some people incorrectly see her as some kind of pedo, or me as some kind of weird gold digger.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
uhhhh pretty sure that counts as "still your aunt" homie

Adam Vegas
Apr 14, 2013

lmao @ him saying he never acted on it then immediately admitting to fingering her in a pool at 17

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

Adam Vegas posted:

lmao @ him saying he never acted on it then immediately admitting to fingering her in a pool at 17

Fingers don't count as cheating

Police Automaton
Mar 17, 2009
"You are standing in a thread. Someone has made an insightful post."
LOOK AT insightful post
"It's a pretty good post."
HATE post
"I don't understand"
SHIT ON post
"You shit on the post. Why."
It's also not gay as long as the balls don't touch.

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
Sexless Goon, welcome to long term relationships. Long term relationships take work to sustain. You need to talk to her and tell her that this is a problem for you. It could be that she's checked out of this relationship and it's over. Or it could be that the excitement just faded and she needs to be reminded of it, or you guys just fell into a routine, or she's just not feeling sexy or a million other things. Either way, talking to her is a lot more productive than complaining to us. She needs to acknowledge that this is a problem and be interested in fixing it otherwise this relationship is doomed.

Descend to slumber
May 12, 2001

Yeah - seconding the call to talk about it. If you just have a bunch of weird feelings and never communicate that there is a problem you'll both just wind up having an unsatisfying breakup.

If you ask what's going on and why she seems to have all these issues maybe they can be fixed? Or maybe she'll say a bunch of super insane stuff and you'll have a huge fight and then split up.

Really it's win-win either way because you sound miserable now and if you fix your issues - great, and if it turns out they can't be fixed you can move on with your life.

Just curious though - has your girlfriend ever had depression?

KomodoWagon
May 10, 2013

by R. Guyovich
You should probably not say anything if you're not prepared to lose her. You'd be surprised how effective silence is at keeping a relationship going. You'll both just coast along without any big emotional outbursts in one direction or another, and before you know it another ten years have passed and soon you'll both be too used to the status quo to consider leaving. It might not be "happiness" in the classic Hollywood sense, but it's manageable and you avoid having to deal with any big drama.

Wizzle
Jun 7, 2004

Most
Parochial
Poster

KomodoWagon posted:

You should probably not say anything if you're not prepared to lose her. You'd be surprised how effective silence is at keeping a relationship going. You'll both just coast along without any big emotional outbursts in one direction or another, and before you know it another ten years have passed and soon you'll both be too used to the status quo to consider leaving. It might not be "happiness" in the classic Hollywood sense, but it's manageable and you avoid having to deal with any big drama.

That might be the worst advice I've ever heard.

Talk to her. You might learn something. Maybe she's depressed. That's what it sounds like to me.

H.H
Oct 24, 2006

August is the Cruelest Month

quote:

I live on a hillside and chuck a lot of my garbage over the hill since the city charges extra money to throw away big items like furniture, etc. It's easier to just toss these things over the hill than drive out to the landfill or pay the ridiculous fees for using the garbage truck. It's out of sight for me, nobody lives further down the hill as it's all wooded and just has one rural road on it, so nobody gets hurt.

This has been no issue for the 3 years I lived in my house, but we've gotten some really bad weather lately and a bunch of rain has washed away some of the leaves and fallen branches which was covering the garbage. Some lookie-loo was driving by and noticed my garbage pile on the hill. He specifically noticed the pile of tombstones there, proceeded to call the police, and now there's a bit of craziness locally as this has made the news.

So anyway, the confession. When I first moved in I was exploring in the woods to scope out my property and realized that my property is really close to the back of a modern cemetery. No big deal, I'm not spiritual or superstitious at all. I started walking the perimeter and, tucked a few hundred feet back in the woods, there was a smaller, older cemetery. The tombstones all had dates of death around 1820 or even earlier, so it was pretty cool. The place was really beautiful, it was this little untouched meadow that I don't think people had visited in decades, since there was a ton of overgrowth all around it.

I went in there the next day with my power tools and cut back all the overgrowth and realized I had a really beautiful view over the hill from here, so I decided to install a hot tub up there for chilling out. However, the scattered tombstones kind of hosed it up and I didn't have anywhere to put the tub.

So, and I fully admit some people might consider this kind of bad, I dug up a couple of the tombstones and tossed them over the hill. Just 7 of them, out of almost 20 in the cemetery. I didn't move any bodies and nobody was using the cemetery anyway.

So now the police are investigating and of course I've been talked to a few times. I've told them I never saw anyone dump anything, and they don't seem to suspect anything yet. The day after they talked to me I considered tossing my hot tub over the hillside but thought that might be suspicious, so instead I mentioned that "some college kids" used to live in my house and I noticed they had installed a hot tub on the hill, and that maybe that had something to do with it? The first part is the honest to God truth so hopefully the cops bust them instead of me.

quote:

With all my heart, I wish Goku (From Dragonball/Z/Super) was the President.

I am utterly terrified with the state of US Politics right now and I know Goku would fix it. He's not a smart guy but he's not evil and at least he's got smart people (Piccolo for VP?) that can back him up.

Every morning I wake up and look at Trump's tweets. And I'm praying for the day he tweets something like "Anime is dumb, Goku is dumb. Freeza had some good ideas". Because I honestly think that might do some kind of magic where Goku would become real and Kamehameha Trump right out of the White House.

I am a 33 year old man saying this.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

KomodoWagon posted:

What is wrong with you

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Also aunt loving goon prepare to be disowned I mean i have no strong feelings about it either way but your family is gonna flip . Good luck

Clockwerk
Apr 6, 2005

LethalGeek posted:

What is wrong with you

He's dumb. And yeah, aunt-dating goon, your family is gonna flip because she's a pedo and the situation would still be hosed up even if that wasn't the case. Good luck!

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!

LethalGeek posted:

What is wrong with you

read his red text link lol

KomodoWagon
May 10, 2013

by R. Guyovich

LethalGeek posted:

What is wrong with you

Right, I forgot we're all supposed to run around in our mythologized pursuit of happiness looking for "the one" and constantly talking about our own emotions like characters in a John Green novel. Growing up and realizing that finding the "perfect" life/girlfriend/whatever is a fairy tale is bad and wrong.

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!
Quite a gulf between "true love and the One are dumb concepts" and "settle into a sexless relationship without even trying to see why" my man

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Cemetery goon is also a huge piece of poo poo

I get the feeling most goons are huge pieces of poo poo

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

what do you want on your tombstone?

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

HiHo ChiRho posted:

A lard asses hot tub.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

HiHo ChiRho posted:

Peperony and chease

KomodoWagon
May 10, 2013

by R. Guyovich

DragQueenofAngmar posted:

Quite a gulf between "true love and the One are dumb concepts" and "settle into a sexless relationship without even trying to see why" my man

Hey, if he's fine with getting rid of his admittedly deadweight girlfriend, that's up to him. It just doesn't seem that way what with the overall tone of his confession, so I gave him advice to keep it going if that's what he wants to do.

Just don't kid the guy into thinking everything will turn back into a teenage spring break romance if he goes all Lena Dunham on her and starts blubbering about how he feels "unfulfilled."

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

- Too lazy to take out the trash

- Not too lazy to dig up tombstones

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

KomodoWagon posted:

This is how you end up with 30-year marriages where both people loving hate each other and nobody can stand to be around either of them just FYI.

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR
Someone was listening to "Alice's Restaurant" when they wrote the tombstone one.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Please do not reply to komodowagon, jfc

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
it's fine to stay in loveless relationships as long as you never stay in your parents guest room

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Chard posted:

Please do not reply to komodowagon, jfc

Sorry I was on my phone and didn't see the red text. We need better sadbrain warnings.

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

yeah I eat rear end posted:

I've known people that take them routinely even when in a committed relationship.

Same type of people who share a Facebook account.

Fucked-Up Little Dog
Aug 26, 2008

Posting live from the nightmare future of Web 3.0

Scratchmo

DragQueenofAngmar posted:

read his red text link lol

Holy poo poo :stare:

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

KomodoWagon is awesome because it's really obvious that all their tremendously stupid opinions are the result of decades of being so insufferable that everyone openly hates them. Every time he posts it's like a brutal self-own and he doesn't even get it.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Yeah don't talk to your significant other about problems with your relationship because they'll decide you're not worth it and leave you," he posts without a shred of self awareness.

KomodoWagon
May 10, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Idk I was responding to a 'fesser whose girlfriend has obviously lost interest in him and giving him advice on how to avoid that fact ballooning into a breakup. In his stead it's probably not how I'd handle it myself, since I'm not about to waste time on someone who offers me nothing and doesn't make my life better or more interesting, but since he didn't bring up calling it quits and severing I assumed he didn't want that.

Like, let's say he did talk to her about it. How would that ever work out in his favor? Either she admits she's lost interest in him, or she pulls some bullshit and stalls. As it is, the ball's in his court and he can choose to either keep their boring relationship going or cut loose. Talking to her like you guys are suggesting just passes it on to her and gives her the last word.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

food court bailiff posted:

KomodoWagon is awesome because it's really obvious that all their tremendously stupid opinions are the result of decades of being so insufferable that everyone openly hates them. Every time he posts it's like a brutal self-own and he doesn't even get it.

KomodoWagon posted:

Idk I was responding to a 'fesser whose girlfriend has obviously lost interest in him and giving him advice on how to avoid that fact ballooning into a breakup. In his stead it's probably not how I'd handle it myself, since I'm not about to waste time on someone who offers me nothing and doesn't make my life better or more interesting, but since he didn't bring up calling it quits and severing I assumed he didn't want that.

Like, let's say he did talk to her about it. How would that ever work out in his favor? Either she admits she's lost interest in him, or she pulls some bullshit and stalls. As it is, the ball's in his court and he can choose to either keep their boring relationship going or cut loose. Talking to her like you guys are suggesting just passes it on to her and gives her the last word.

:allears:

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

H.H posted:

I apologize in advance if the confessions won't be updated as regularly as you've come to expect since in the next few days loquacius is away and I have a throat infection.

I'll try to do what I can. Here's the latest batch:

The second confession basically describes polyphasic sleep and is 99% likely to be bullshit, but I found the second part to be entertaining, so I still posted it.

What kind of wealthy neighborhood has everyone parking their cars in the driveway like common middle class trash?

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

H.H posted:

quote:

I'm convinced my girlfriend is cheating on me.

Fire's going out, buddy.

Welcome to long-term relationships. Start kindling that poo poo stat, or you'll wake up one day and realize you haven't had a decent gently caress in a decade. That sort of thing isn't important to everyone, but it seems like it is to you. No judgement here--everyone wants something different out of a relationship.

It doesn't take much. Pay attention to your partner, do little things like leaving notes for her to find, and for gently caress's sake talk to her. Tell her how great she is and how much you missed her while you were away at work.

Do not do any sappy chick-flick nonsense like spending $500 winning her a teddy bear at the carnival or buying her a meteorite or some such poo poo.

Kindling, friend. Buying her a one-of-a-kind unobtainium alloy necklace is throwing a pile of logs on the few remaining embers. Not gonna work, but will likely solve your problem for you by rendering you single again, free to plunder all the poonanner you want. I don't know the details of your situation, but if that is an outcome you want (especially considering you began with "she's cheating on me"), there are certainly cheaper ways to go about it.

Also you mentioned her sleeping a lot, and more than one goon has suggested it may be due to depression. Just sayin'.

Semi-related: If you click on the "Profile" button at the bottom of an obnoxious shitheel's post, it takes you to their profile page, where you are free to click "Add user to your Ignore List." This hides future posts from him or her.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

It's like poetry, it rhymes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.

KomodoWagon posted:

God drat dude, see a shrink.