Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

An anime after my own heart
(Attack on Titan)

This guy used the urinal right next to me in serious breach of Bathroom Code
(Yakuza 0)

Edit: Pay no attention to the health bar I am very good at Yakuza thanks.

Saint Freak fucked around with this message at 04:32 on Feb 15, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

God Eater

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
I'm not entirely sure screenshots from the videos in Future Tone count but what the hell, I have like a million of them.

Are there enough Mikus in that last picture? I am not sure there are enough Mikus in that last picture.

edit:
So that's the Evileye and not the Flesh Claymore, right?

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 11:42 on Feb 15, 2017

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.
The first third of Dark Souls bosses!

Kanfy fucked around with this message at 12:05 on Feb 15, 2017

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

I've never payed attention to souls games but LMAO is that last one real?

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Sandweed posted:

I've never payed attention to souls games but LMAO is that last one real?

Oh heavens yes.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

:rip: Sif

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
I've never beaten Dark Souls because I have gaming ADD but I tell people it's because I love dogs too much to do that boss fight.

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC
It's a dog with a SWORD

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Fun little-known fact in case people didn't feel bad enough about that particular boss battle: If you do the DLC and save young Sif from the phantoms surrounding it in the past first, you get a different pre-fight cutscene where it recognizes you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a2X2SOirnmg

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Kanfy posted:

Fun little-known fact in case people didn't feel bad enough about that particular boss battle: If you do the DLC and save young Sif from the phantoms surrounding it in the past first, you get a different pre-fight cutscene where it recognizes you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a2X2SOirnmg

:(

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

So is it a weird Japanese thing to have a dog with a sword in its mouth be a good fighter? Those things are all over the place.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Solice Kirsk posted:

So is it a weird Japanese thing to have a dog with a sword in its mouth be a good fighter? Those things are all over the place.

Most dogs only have knives, Sif is a very good dog so they get a sword.

Also, The Saboteur went up on Origin Access today. It's a fun game with terrible climbing mechanics.

njsykora fucked around with this message at 07:42 on Feb 17, 2017

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
It's a criminally underrated game. It was one of the best "this is just a really big toy" gently caress-around sandbox games ever.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

njsykora posted:

Also, The Saboteur went up on Origin Access today. It's a fun game with terrible climbing mechanics.
drat, the graphics actually hold up pretty well, I haven't expected that.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

I played the poo poo out of that game on my 360. It's real good.

Reb
Sep 13, 2002

"...But I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly, because you tread on my dreams."
Some artified screenshots I was screwing around a while ago from Skyrim:

http://imgur.com/a/xBHEV

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

njsykora posted:

I remember really enjoying this game. I don't think I could play it anymore though, those graphics look god awful.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Been replaying Witcher 3 because I got the itch again despite beating it on two complete playthroughs already, mostly so I can get a bunch of new wallpapers! I have a better video card now and the game is even more gorgeous that it already was. A mixture of screenshots taken in Steam as well as using Nvidia's Ansel screen capture thing. I think I've avoided any spoilers, sorry if this is too many images!

Pruney
Jul 9, 2012

Sexual attraction in this context is not a part of my programming

When I ran a Guild on Black Desert Online, they were fun times apart from the games suck rear end end game.

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER

njsykora posted:

The Saboteur is great, it's one of the few sandbox games I've ever bothered to complete twice (others being Sleeping Dogs and Saints Row 2&3)

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

njsykora posted:

I assume this means I have to rebuy the game if I want a copy that's playable on a modern PC?

e: Oh it's a subscription thing, so yes you have to pay money.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
If you have a CD key, you can plug it into Origin and just have it. The GOG version is the one that's best supported, though.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Astroneer

Bonus Tonka truck I just 3d printed:

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
Dark Souls

Just hanging out at Sen's place

Civilization 4

Advanced Aqueducts

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
It may be the nostalgia of my first years of college talking (and the couple hundred hours played) but CivIV is still my favorite Civ. That said, I don't miss spaghetti roads or doomstacks.

Das Butterbrot
Dec 2, 2005
Lecker.
Just finishing up Witcher 3 + DLCs and holy moly what a game this is, easily among my top 3 of all time. It's truly got it all:

Beautiful sunrises

Rainbows and unicorns

Horses that do not give a gently caress

Self aware humour

Fiery hot butts

Duckface selfies

and breathtaking scenery

First game in like a decade where I'm actually sad that it's over.

coffeecup
Feb 26, 2016
The internet in general and this thread in particular is really making me want to try out Witcher 3. But my question is: is there any possible way to finish the game in a short amount of time? I can't put in 50hrs. Or 30. But it seems really neat. I'm guessing that a large part of the fun comes from the challenge and satisfaction of growth, but is there an easy mode or equivalent character build that lets me still enjoy things?

Das Butterbrot
Dec 2, 2005
Lecker.
The lowest difficulty mode literally says: "I just want the story." Also, building for the Quen (=magic shield spell) sign makes things alot easier. Axii (=mind control spell) let's you skip some fights or otherwise progress more quickly/easily in dialogues.

I did not all, but like 90% of the sidequests and points of interest (except all the underwater ones in Skellige) in my playthrough on the second highest difficulty and ended with 160 hours. The main (non DLC) story could be done quite quickly probably. Maybe 20 hours or so I'd guess? Not sure.

Das Butterbrot fucked around with this message at 19:56 on Feb 18, 2017

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

coffeecup posted:

But my question is: is there any possible way to finish the game in a short amount of time?

Yes, if you cheat your level up and do little to none of the of side content. This also results in generally worse endings.

Snackula
Aug 1, 2013

hedgefund wizard
I found the best PS4 theme:

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Das Butterbrot posted:

The main (non DLC) story could be done quite quickly probably. Maybe 20 hours or so I'd guess? Not sure.
No, the main story alone is 45 hours.

coffeecup
Feb 26, 2016
Thanks the responses guys. I will probably still give it a go.

Das Butterbrot
Dec 2, 2005
Lecker.

Palpek posted:

No, the main story alone is 45 hours.

This also varies depending on if you listen to all the dialogue like I did, or turn on subtitles and skip through it once you read the lines. I definitely recommed listening though, the voice acting is really good.

Blood and Wine also has my favourite incidental NPC line of all time.

"The gods have sent us the BeeeeeeeeeaaaaaAAAAAAAST" etc.

Cracks me up every single time... that woman deserves a medal, the delivery is spot on.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Das Butterbrot posted:

Blood and Wine also has my favourite incidental NPC line of all time.

"The gods have sent us the BeeeeeeeeeaaaaaAAAAAAAST" etc.

Cracks me up every single time... that woman deserves a medal, the delivery is spot on.

"I SERVE THE ETERNAL FIRE! :haw:" is my favorite. Guy is REALLY upbeat about his religion :)

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

I'M A BIG DORK WHO POSTS TOO MUCH ABOUT CONVENTIONS LOOK AT THIS

TOVA TOVA TOVA
I did not expect to find spoilers about my own future when looking through this thread's screenshots.

Anyway, I fear I might have posted some of these in a past screenshot thread but here are a few of my favorites:

I won an EverQuest 2 screenshot competition with this; Allakhazam or uhh...god I have no idea. I do remember that my prize was some sort of hat and shirt. I gave them my address and they said "oh, you are in England" and I never got my hat or shirt.

Also one of the reasons I like to take dramatic outdoor screenshots of beautiful landscapes is because I know sometime in the future they will look like comparative garbage. Case in point, Ultima IX, I see you:

Deus Ex: Human Revolution INSANE BREAKDANCE PARTY judged by wow I seriously forgot the protagonist's name

I took this screenshot specifically because I was like "why does the first level of Serious Sam 2 look like a gritty modern combat shooter?"

The Drakensang series has some of the most delightful and original(ish) character design in modern gaming. I think this was River of Time?

I remember basically wanting to puke from pure terror at this moment in S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Shadow of Chernobyl

I wish all of the Secret World were as great as the opening scene (though I do love the game regardless)

This is a screenshot about a game, does that count?

Big fan of "make a fat guy and have him try to do a dramatic pose"

And finally, the only time World of Warcraft ever looked good :smug:

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

System Shock, or, this is most definitely not a modern game.

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Some more OG Dark Souls!

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
Conflict: Middle East Political Simulator

its no shadow president, thats for sure

e: looking at wikipedia, it actually has a bit of depth to it, but its obsfuctuated and dependent on a silly AI, so for much of the game you kind of feel like poo poo just sort of happens while you twiddle with the two or three knobs the game hands you until someone nukes you

Tiler Kiwi fucked around with this message at 14:01 on Feb 19, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Dr. Quarex posted:

I did not expect to find spoilers about my own future when looking through this thread's screenshots.

I did tell you one steam when I got you your CD-i, but I don't think I showed you this. Maybe I have upset the time stream.

Anyway I've been playing a lot of stuff lately so...

Continued adventures in Tower Unite. So many Gabe shrines.

:nws: stuff
http://i.imgur.com/Nhs1YDf.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/8U1rdAf.jpg

And for something different, Fallout: New Vegas! I think these are all from mods.

RIP Mario Bros.

Light Gun Man fucked around with this message at 17:56 on Feb 19, 2017