Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

Ah, that makes more sense. Sorry about the razz

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Filthy Casual
Aug 13, 2014

How y'all NES players gonna forget A Boy and His Blob, River City Ransom and Maniac Mansion? :colbert:

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Filthy Casual posted:

How y'all NES players gonna forget A Boy and His Blob, River City Ransom and Maniac Mansion? :colbert:

the NES version of Maniac Mansion is the definitively inferior version of Maniac Mansion

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Alaois posted:

the NES version of Maniac Mansion is the definitively inferior version of Maniac Mansion

No exploding hamster, right?

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Did anybody else play Jackal? It was a top down scroller where you are a jeep saving POWs. It played like 1942 or Gunsmoke. Loved that game

Also Little Nemo where I get to ride a mouse and hit things with a hammer

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
Guerilla War was a cool top down shooter for NES. I also liked

Mendel Palace was cool too. And I also liked the beat em up games like Double Dragon, but I mostly remember that arcade. Growing up, my parents owned a bar/restaurant with a couple pinball machines and a few arcade game. They gave my parents the key so in the mornings while they did inventory and whatnot, I got freeplay on all the games. Because of that, I was the only one of my peers that ever beat a Metal Slug game.

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

UUA CVG 230000 KZID /RM TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE BENGALS DYNASTY
I played track and field on the NES with my uncle back in the day. It was good

Also I went to a ren faire today- in Florida- and hoo boy

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari
Snow Bros 4 lyfe

Craig K
Nov 10, 2016

puck
mega man 2 WOULD be one of the best in the series if not for that motherfucking boss with the crash bomb walls that only takes damage from crash bomb and if you die to it OR use crash bomb in the level at any loving point and walk into the boss chamber with anything less than full crash bomb meter means you have to die to the loving boss and farm the loving sniper loving joes for thirty loving minutes jesus loving christ gently caress THAT GODDAMN BOSS AND gently caress YOU FOR IT INAFUNE

Craig K
Nov 10, 2016

puck
why yes i did give up on that part of mega man 2 and not come back to beat it until 2006 what loving gave it away

Craig K
Nov 10, 2016

puck
my vote is for mega man 4 it's like one and a half games counting the dark robot stages and it's the base for the best romhack ever

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Since we're talking about video games anyway, TO tweeted a meme of a giantbomb guy, Drew Scanlon and now I think he should be in the hof.

https://twitter.com/terrellowens/status/833127121404846081

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

We had a Colecovision instead of a NES.

So instead of Dig Dug we got Mr. Do! and instead of Pac Man we got Ladybug, etc. We did get Zaxxon, though. We had superior graphics but a horrendous game pad thing. Also it would glitch out and you had to hit the console and gradually you had to hit it harder and harder until one day it wouldn't un-glitch any more. But we got years out of that thing.

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

Bad Moon posted:

Did anybody else play Jackal? It was a top down scroller where you are a jeep saving POWs. It played like 1942 or Gunsmoke. Loved that game

Also Little Nemo where I get to ride a mouse and hit things with a hammer

Jackal was one of my favorite games, and completely forgot about it until now. I need to go find an emulator for it.

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
It's a beautiful Sunday out!

Sadly, we have no football. :(

So, what do you plan on doing today?

I'm going to work and then prepare for my vacation on Tuesday.

A pretty boring day!

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
About to go watch I Am Not Your Negro.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
I'm going to the Museum of Surgical Sciences with my girlfriend and a couple friends. It's 65 in February in Chicago baby!!!!!

Summer is going to be 130 and heat death

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe
Building some furniture then dinner with the fam

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam
Picking up all the dog poo poo from the front yard that was frozen in snow.

There's a lot.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

No Irish Need Imply posted:

About to go watch I Am Not Your Negro.

My white pops went to see it. He wouldn't say the name of the film. :hfive:

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

They should not have bothered with a 3rd season of The Fall.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Quiet Feet posted:

They should not have bothered with a 3rd season of The Fall.

●Strongly Disagree
○Disagree
○Neutral
○Agree
○Strongly Agree

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
The Fall is a great band

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

I would still recommend the series but it really hits its crescendo at the end of season 2. Yeah there's plenty of aftermath and a few loose ends to be explored afterwards but I just don't think it's enough to build another series on. I'm halfway through 3.4 and kinda bored.

The funny thing is that a serial killer losing his memory and being told, "Yeah dude, you did murders and you under arrest" sounds like a good premise for an original show since it works to invite audience speculation. As an add-on to what we know has already happened, It's drained of any potential.

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

A Man and his dog posted:

It's a beautiful Sunday out!

Sadly, we have no football. :(

So, what do you plan on doing today?

Ran a marathon wo training to see if I could. Rest of the day will be healing from this stupid idea.

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Lol.

Hey at least you ran the Marathon!

:boom:

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Anals of History posted:

Ran a marathon wo training to see if I could. Rest of the day will be healing from this stupid idea.

Did you ride the entire subway 3 times afterwards?

qkkl
Jul 1, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Is there a good way to rewatch the super bowl online?

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

Anals of History posted:

You're the man. I've always wanted to do that and have long said I could do it easily (definitely a lie but still).

I meal prepped for the week
breakfast burritos
Chicken, rice, vegetables for lunch
Steak, sweet potatoes, sautéed greens, broccoli for dinner

Just a big dick move all around by me

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari
Is there a good way to not rewatch the super bowl every time I close my eyes?

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

5 RING SHRIMP posted:

You're the man. I've always wanted to do that and have long said I could do it easily (definitely a lie but still).

I meal prepped for the week
breakfast burritos
Chicken, rice, vegetables for lunch
Steak, sweet potatoes, sautéed greens, broccoli for dinner

Just a big dick move all around by me

My old roommate ran marathons fairly competitively. After almost making GBS threads himself during the first one, he basically developed a diet where he could poo poo everything in the morning and be good. That diet you have would result in you making GBS threads yourself mile 15 if you made it that far.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Just finished The Fall. Hoped that they would turn it around but nope, there was no point to season 3. A bunch of the arcs they could have tidied up just get strung out a little longer and left hanging, and it just Peters out at the end.

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

I finally watched john wick 1. His first dog looked like mine so i kinda teared up a bit and man Keanu really does know kung fu.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Quiet Feet posted:

Peters out at the end.

:golfclap:

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

PrinceRandom posted:

I finally watched john wick 1. His first dog looked like mine so i kinda teared up a bit and man Keanu really does know kung fu.

he doesn't just know kung fu

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpr8oqyjKIc

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Yeah, I feel at this point Keanu could lead Seal Team Six no problem.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Good news guys the 49ers aren't the dumbest team I root for anymore :c00l:

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Spoeank posted:

Good news guys the 49ers aren't the dumbest team I root for anymore :c00l:

Jim Harbaugh was arguably more important to the Niners than Boogie was for the Kings, on the basis that the Niners actually managed to succeed while with him.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

swickles posted:

Yeah, I feel at this point Keanu could lead Seal Team Six no problem.

The K-man is 52. How the gently caress? Explain THAT with your med degree!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

swickles posted:

My old roommate ran marathons fairly competitively. After almost making GBS threads himself during the first one, he basically developed a diet where he could poo poo everything in the morning and be good. That diet you have would result in you making GBS threads yourself mile 15 if you made it that far.

Thankfully I'm just trying to look like dolph lundgren

• Locked thread