Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
felch me daddy jr.
Oct 30, 2009

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

drat hypocrite. Wasn't it just a few years ago when Ramirez's ilk were blistering about Our Brave Intelligence Community because it was "under attack" by Obama (rhetorical question; I think I already know the answer)?

It never ceases to amaze me how easily these people turn from their supposedly deeply held convictions on a dime.

Almost like the Dems and media who are now forgetting about any past transgressions and embracing Our Brave Intelligence Community for fighting Trump.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

Xander77 posted:

No, that's the overall cultural consensus. What's the title of the book, anyways?

The book was Central and Eastern Europe: The Opening Curtain by WIlliam E. Griffith. It focuses a lot on the economic stagnation and political reforms of Russia and its satellites, and it was plain to see the Union was not going to make it far into the '90s.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Jedit posted:

Pretty sure the CIA actually warned that 9/11 was in the offing at least twice before it happened. But if you like the taste of Republican dick, Ramirez, who am I to tell you to stop sucking it?

they did. ramzi yousef, ksm, and company had the bojinka plot all cooked up (in which they were going to fly planes into buildings like the cia headquarters in langley) and we knew about it because some of their dumb buddies accidentally set their philippines apartment on fire.

tyblazitar posted:

Almost like the Dems and media who are now forgetting about any past transgressions and embracing Our Brave Intelligence Community for fighting Trump.

i get the feeling it's more laughing at them not telling trump poo poo due to leaks rather than full throated support.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Note the tan lines, and the little Trumpheads on top of the throne.

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

Oh hey look the literal opposite of reality. It's loving Trump who throws tantrums, because how dare news outlets have the nerve to critisize him. It's really true that every single complaint conservatives have about anyone to their left is projection.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
Trump could literally have reporters hung in public and they'd make a cartoon going "WAAAAHHH MEAN TRUMP IS MAKING ME ACCOUNTABLE FOR MY ACTIONS!" while happy ~Real Americans~ cheer the deaths in the background.

If Trump put Muslims in concentration camps you'd see Lester put sobbing fat people in pussy hats embracing ISIS members while a ~red blooded American family~ helps to push people into the gas chambers.

OldTennisCourt fucked around with this message at 14:34 on Feb 18, 2017

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor

OldTennisCourt posted:

Trump could literally have reporters hung in public and they'd make a cartoon going "WAAAAHHH MEAN TRUMP IS MAKING ME ACCOUNTABLE FOR MY ACTIONS!" while happy ~Real Americans~ cheer the deaths in the background.

If Trump put Muslims in concentration camps you'd see Lester put sobbing fat people in pussy hats embracing ISIS members while a ~red blooded American family~ helps to push people into the gas chambers.

Brutally mocking people who are already being hosed over has been Garrison's schtick for ages. It probably physically disgusts me more than anything else in this thread.

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

Anonononomous posted:

See, I thought that he looked insane at the debates, too. So I can't trust my own judgement on this.

How are the people who somehow voted him into office taking this?

They voted for him because he's a loser, and him losing more just reassures them! From an ex-goon (someone tell me who this guy was when he posted here, I don't recognise the name)

https://medium.com/@DaleBeran/4chan-the-skeleton-key-to-the-rise-of-trump-624e7cb798cb#.1ghzkqlqp

By the way, I go for the thesis in this article 100%, but that doesn't mean you should. Use your judgement! But if you disagree, say why here.

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

Retromancer posted:

But enough about the Fallout franchise.

When you're tired of the politician turning out to be a robot, you're tired of satire.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Goat Yoga sounds fun, thank you Tinsley for making me discover it.

(It's just normal yoga but there are baby goats quite literally kidding around to make it cute and amusing.)

Also:

Somfin posted:

The joke here is that the owner of this forum got a visit from the Secret Service after some folks made some slightly-too-ironic jokes about killing President George W Bush. As a result there is an official file in the Secret Service database where a slightly flustered Richard Kyanka explains what Goatse is to a pair of confused secret service agents.

We need to FOIA this file.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Cat Mattress posted:

(It's just normal yoga but there are baby goats quite literally kidding around to make it cute and amusing.)

Also:

We need to FOIA this file.

"Unfortunately, no one can be... told... what goatse is."

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Plan Z posted:

The book was Central and Eastern Europe: The Opening Curtain by WIlliam E. Griffith. It focuses a lot on the economic stagnation and political reforms of Russia and its satellites, and it was plain to see the Union was not going to make it far into the '90s.
You mean "once Soviet republics started declaring independence, some people started to suspect the Soviet Union might fall apart"?

k.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

Retromancer posted:

So it's good that LF got shut down then? It basically consisted of posters shouting Eat the rich every third post.

Killing and eating the rich is good

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA

Cat Mattress posted:

That is one more thing to add to my bucket list.

Improbable Lobster posted:

Killing and eating the rich is good
What method of cooking would you recommend for preparing the rich?

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

This is from a while back (the toons are coming thick and fast under a Trump presidency) but it still makes me giggle. I think one of the cutest tricks capitalism has pulled is convincing people who live in trailers that they're 'middle America'.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

World Famous W posted:

That is one more thing to add to my bucket list.

What method of cooking would you recommend for preparing the rich?

Their high fat content makes traditional smoke barbecue an excellent choice

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Selachian posted:

Note the tan lines, and the little Trumpheads on top of the throne.

i hate this cartoon cause now i've been exposed to the thought of trump as a cross-dresser

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

I'm confused. Why is there so much "The Emperor's New Clothes" references recently? Wasn't that the story where everyone went along with the story that the emperor was wearing clothing until a little child asked why the emperor was walking around naked? Isn't that almost the exact opposite of what's going on now with the media calling out at least some of Trumps actions?

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

Randalor posted:

I'm confused. Why is there so much "The Emperor's New Clothes" references recently? Wasn't that the story where everyone went along with the story that the emperor was wearing clothing until a little child asked why the emperor was walking around naked? Isn't that almost the exact opposite of what's going on now with the media calling out at least some of Trumps actions?

We're also seeing 'Presidency as car going off cliff with driver saying everything's fine' and 'healthcare as ambulance up on blocks' which was done a million times during the Obama presidency by Ramirez alone. What I'm trying to say is that political cartoonists suck.

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

WARNING: This poster is a huge bitch!

Randalor posted:

The Emperor was conned into believing that the fabric his clothes were made of were so expensive and special that only special and awesome people can see them.

Anyone who calls him out on being naked is just one of the plebs who isn't special enough to see this totally awesome fabric that 100% exists for sure

Fates End
Oct 17, 2009

420 Gank Mid posted:

The Emperor was conned into believing that the fabric his clothes were made of were so expensive and special that only special and awesome people can see them.

Anyone who calls him out on being naked is just one of the plebs who isn't special enough to see this totally awesome fabric that 100% exists for sure

There's also the added bonus that since the clothes don't actually exist and the Emperor can't see them, it means that either he's not special and awesome or he's an idiot who bought literally nothing and so pretends that he's not naked since otherwise everyone would think bad of him, and everyone else pretends he's not naked because they don't want people to think they're not special and awesome. Much like the Republican party!

Fates End fucked around with this message at 18:03 on Feb 18, 2017

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on Tony Blair's Brexit speech – Former prime minister accused a ‘debilitated’ Labour party of allowing a disastrous Brexit to happen, as he called for a cross-party political movement to oppose leaving the EU" After Delacroix.

Times:

Donald Trump insists presidency is 'fine tuned machine' after extraordinary 75-minute press conference in which he attacks press

Stephen Collins:

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Trapezium Dave posted:

David Pope:

Senator Ian Macdonald has faced backlash from the public and his own government, but he said that there are times that a politician needs to make a stand against populism, and his will be for free business-class travel for ex-politicans and their spouses.

Cloud Potato posted:

Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on Tony Blair's Brexit speech – Former prime minister accused a ‘debilitated’ Labour party of allowing a disastrous Brexit to happen, as he called for a cross-party political movement to oppose leaving the EU" After Delacroix.

Weird coincidence.

Cloud Potato posted:

Stephen Collins:

This is wonderful and needs to be made into a real-world, physical billboard.

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
FBI Directors:
1941, 1961, and 1968: J. Edgar Hoover, all around scumbag obsessed with "subversives" and self promotion to an exceedingly distracting degree. An unrepentant scumbag there is ZERO chance that Ramirez wouldn't be sucking off his every move were they alive at the same time. Appointed by Calvin Coolidge a Republican who, despite the Southern Strategy, was very much a modern Republican. Ramirez would also love this man.

1991: William S. Sessions. Appointed by Reagan *cough*

2001: Robert Mueller. Appointed by George W Bush. To be fair he replaced the last guy a week before 9/11 so the last guy was Thomas J. Pickard appointed by...George W. Bush...

2017: James Comey. Appointed by Barack "The Islamic Shock" Obama.

Unless Ramirez is talking about a general, vague, "intelligence" blob that only he defines. In which case: good job being right?

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Duke Igthorn posted:

FBI Directors:
1941, 1961, and 1968: J. Edgar Hoover, all around scumbag obsessed with "subversives" and self promotion to an exceedingly distracting degree. An unrepentant scumbag there is ZERO chance that Ramirez wouldn't be sucking off his every move were they alive at the same time. Appointed by Calvin Coolidge a Republican who, despite the Southern Strategy, was very much a modern Republican. Ramirez would also love this man.

1991: William S. Sessions. Appointed by Reagan *cough*

2001: Robert Mueller. Appointed by George W Bush. To be fair he replaced the last guy a week before 9/11 so the last guy was Thomas J. Pickard appointed by...George W. Bush...

2017: James Comey. Appointed by Barack "The Islamic Shock" Obama.

Unless Ramirez is talking about a general, vague, "intelligence" blob that only he defines. In which case: good job being right?

He's talking about the CIA.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

how does ramirez have a job doing this.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
Let me, a political cartoonist, tell you how awful the media is.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment I'm alive, I pray for death!

OldTennisCourt posted:

Let me, a political cartoonist, tell you how awful the media is.

*crosshatches furiously*

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Groovelord Neato posted:

how does ramirez have a job doing this.

Putting myself in the shoes of his editor, he'd have to be the most phenomenal cock sucker on this earth,
I'm talking god-tier skills.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment I'm alive, I pray for death!

Horrible Lurkbeast posted:

Putting myself in the shoes of his editor, he'd have to be the most phenomenal cock sucker on this earth,

Ramirez is his own editor. No joke.

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

Starshark posted:

When you're tired of the politician turning out to be a robot, you're tired of satire.

"Hey, robot politician, you should kill yourself."
"Hmm, good idea." *explosions*

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Horrible Lurkbeast posted:

Captain_Maclaine posted:

I don't see these two statements being in conflict.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich
You'd think he wouldn't need to be drawing political cartoons if he could do that.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Captain_Maclaine posted:

I thought he was freelance now because the paper stopped running?

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

it is pretty amazing that conservative political cartoons are straight up kelly toons now.

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Groovelord Neato posted:

it is pretty amazing that conservative political cartoons are straight up kelly toons now.

Why and how? Kelly came from a real place. It was always there.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Fulchrum posted:

You'd think he wouldn't need to be drawing political cartoons if he could do that.

Why do you think his art is so bad

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

i'm a better artist than like 90 percent of the people posted in this thread how do i m ake it in the world of political tooning.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Groovelord Neato posted:

i'm a better artist than like 90 percent of the people posted in this thread how do i m ake it in the world of political tooning.

Take your cartoons away from your mom's fridge and send them to a newspaper.

• Locked thread