Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TenaciousD
Feb 4, 2017
Hey Comte, not sure if you can answer this one, but you mentioned that a plague would have been ravaging the South for the big questline that involved Iorveth, Roche, Ves ect.

In Iorveth's path in TW2, if you do the quest with Cynthia, you come across Dearhenna's Journal, which details the plague used against the Vran's. Cynthia takes it back to Emhyr if you let her. I assuming that this is how the plague would have started? Highly ironic if it was all Emhyr's fault.

quote:

The journal excerpts Geralt found indicated the Dearhanna was not interesting in Loc Muinne's past per se, but in the Vran race that built the city and in the mystery of their extinction. The witcher quickly realised the Nilfgaardians were interested in the same, and not because they had a passion for history. Whatever had killed the Vrans could very well be useful to the Emperor as a weapon. Believing Emhyr capable of genocide, the witcher grew wary.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Helith
Nov 5, 2009

Basket of Adorables

I just don't feel properly dressed until I put on Ursine armour in Skellige.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Helith posted:

I just don't feel properly dressed until I put on Ursine armour in Skellige.

Yeah, big bulky gear with furs just feels right in Skellige.

I'm nearing the end of another playthrough and the game is still just as good even knowing EVERYTHING that is coming. Hell, it'd be worth it if only for getting to use Ansel to make new wallpapers, because the game is so pretty :swoon:

Edit: Actually that last one is pretty spoilery, best to replace it with something else.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
You will pry my Master Wolf/Manticore set from my cold, dead hands.

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.
The manticore set isn't that pretty and the only reason I use it is for toxicity. :colbert:

I played the first witcher game way back when when I got it for free with the Radeon 1600X or whatever, though I never did finish it. I think the furthest I got was a swamp or something? I honestly barely remember the game, including that the wild hunt featured very prominently in it as well. I really need to replay it. Also, does Aerondight's special ability thing make up for not having stats or rune slots?

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Watermelon Daiquiri posted:

The manticore set isn't that pretty and the only reason I use it is for toxicity. :colbert:

I played the first witcher game way back when when I got it for free with the Radeon 1600X or whatever, though I never did finish it. I think the furthest I got was a swamp or something? I honestly barely remember the game, including that the wild hunt featured very prominently in it as well. I really need to replay it. Also, does Aerondight's special ability thing make up for not having stats or rune slots?

I will fight you. Dye it blue, black, or gray.

And you can add three slots to Aerondight to put Severance on it.

Fuzz fucked around with this message at 19:14 on Feb 18, 2017

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.
Ursine any color >>>>> everything else. Seriously, he looks like a clown in half the armors out there

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!
Ursine armour has huge long coat tails which I imagine would clip through his legs insanely.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

2house2fly posted:

Ursine armour has huge long coat tails which I imagine would clip through his legs insanely.

It also has a huge fur ruff that makes him look like Mugatu. I guess it works with the elven rebel hair and the glasses...

DEAR_WIKI_KATH
Feb 18, 2017

by Smythe
Removed

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Fuzz posted:

It also has a huge fur ruff that makes him look like Mugatu. I guess it works with the elven rebel hair and the glasses...

"That Ciri, she's so hot right now."

Antifa Poltergeist
Jun 3, 2004

"We're not laughing with you, we're laughing at you"

Man that Kath post was something else.

Also I would just like to say gently caress. The. Caretaker.that is all

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

ChainsawCharlie posted:

I only had this reaction to one fight in the game, in BaW: gently caress. Dettlaff.that is all

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

Bicyclops posted:

:lol:

If only you could keep the towel.

You totally can. Take it off and drop it before you pick up your fancy court outfit, and then when you get your gear back, head back and the towel will be sitting on the floor where you left it.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Crappy Jack posted:

You totally can. Take it off and drop it before you pick up your fancy court outfit, and then when you get your gear back, head back and the towel will be sitting on the floor where you left it.

Holy poo poo, new LP material right here.

Creepy uncle Geralt in NG+ with the glasses, towel, elven rebel hair, and the goatee.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

ChainsawCharlie posted:

Man that Kath post was something else.

I never found the caretaker fight that hard even on death March. What part is throwing you off?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Arcsquad12 posted:

I never found the caretaker fight that hard even on death March. What part is throwing you off?

I didn't post that, but I had some difficulty with him because he'd summon a bunch of poo poo then kill it to heal. He healed to full health like a half dozen times when I fought him.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

2house2fly posted:

They don't, which you would know if you had good fashion sense because you would have used it. :colbert:

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I just got to lvl 16, put on the cat armor and IMMEDIATELY gave him Fabio hair.

Are the other armors this good? This cat armor is amazing!!!

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010

Digirat posted:

They don't, which you would know if you had good fashion sense because you would have used it. :colbert:

I'm not gonna empty quote this

Antifa Poltergeist
Jun 3, 2004

"We're not laughing with you, we're laughing at you"

Arcsquad12 posted:

I have s signs+alchemy build that's really not optimized for dps at all,and his patterns are different enough from other fights that just kept me flailing around. Most fights i get by with bombs and the odd potion but i swear to god i wasted half my stock just to take him down. Fucker was harder than dark souls bosses.im level 38 and playing on blood and bones i dont even want to think what he'll be like on death march.the shielded knights of hos also take a loving long time to kill which is weird because I'm using viper or grifin gear. It was cool because it was different from the rest of the fights but holy hell what a slog.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
You've invested in the poisoned oils skill tree right? That can easily up your DPS because the poisoning hits on a percentage basis rather than a flat rate. With maxed out poisoned oils plus superior oil recipes you can easily take on enemies ten or more levels higher than you. I completed Of Swords And Dumplings at level 14 because my poison damage was absolutely insane.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Arcsquad12 posted:

You've invested in the poisoned oils skill tree right? That can easily up your DPS because the poisoning hits on a percentage basis rather than a flat rate. With maxed out poisoned oils plus superior oil recipes you can easily take on enemies ten or more levels higher than you. I completed Of Swords And Dumplings at level 14 because my poison damage was absolutely insane.

WHAT I read on some guide that poisoned oils like didn't proc often/often enough to be worth the DPS boost, are goons saying that is not the case? Fuuuuu i just respecced too =(

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Bust Rodd posted:

WHAT I read on some guide that poisoned oils like didn't proc often/often enough to be worth the DPS boost, are goons saying that is not the case? Fuuuuu i just respecced too =(

The good news is that it's only a thousand to respec again. I think if I'd thought about it more, I'd have played with a ton of different builds the first time through just to get used to it. The alchemy build with a few of the combat ones is truly insane, though. I typically Northern Wind into a large group at the beginning and then chug two potions and lay waste to everything before it can move.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Bust Rodd posted:

Poisoned oils, the skill that boosts mutagen bonuses, whirl and the fast attack bonuses plus the right decoction and potion builds can be absolutely insane. Also grab the skill that keeps potion effects active so long as toxicity is high. Chug everything and kill everyone.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)
Also 25% protection against anyone you fight is pretty loving good too.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Star War Sex Parrot posted:

I only had this reaction to one fight in the game, in BaW: gently caress. Dettlaff.that is all

yep, that was the only fight I had to do more than twice

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

yep, that was the only fight I had to do more than twice

Him and the weather wizard from HoS for me. I think the weather guy was so hard because my injuries from the frog boss stuck around? I just remember having like two seconds to figure out how not to take damage before getting murdered.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Drifter posted:

"That Ciri, she's so hot right now."

I'm picturing Geralt dancing like Mugatu in this scene
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_PnuXelvWA

Bicyclops posted:

The good news is that it's only a thousand to respec again. I think if I'd thought about it more, I'd have played with a ton of different builds the first time through just to get used to it. The alchemy build with a few of the combat ones is truly insane, though. I typically Northern Wind into a large group at the beginning and then chug two potions and lay waste to everything before it can move.

Wait you can respect? So the Mutation tree is not useless! I didn't save any skill points to put into it and was "drat did all that work for nothing, is that a silly design choice?". Where do i respec?

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

twistedmentat posted:

I'm picturing Geralt dancing like Mugatu in this scene
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_PnuXelvWA

Wait you can respect? So the Mutation tree is not useless! I didn't take any of the skills it wants and was "drat did all that work for nothing, is that a silly design choice?". Where do i respec?

Buy a "potion of clearance." I think they're in alchemy stores, mostly. I think you need an additional potion to clear the mutations out, but it'll definitely be sold in the same place, and it will have an obvious name.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
The easiest place to find it is the wizard shop north of the Barber in Novigrad

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!
Also if you start NG+ that and a Wolven Hour potion get put in your inventory automatically.

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica
How long is blood and wine compared to Hearts of Stone? I never did the enhancement part of HoS, should I go get that done before starting blood and wine?

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

How long is blood and wine compared to Hearts of Stone? I never did the enhancement part of HoS, should I go get that done before starting blood and wine?
Main quest is a bit longer, but there are a hell of a lot more side quests.

Lazyhound
Mar 1, 2004

A squid eating dough in a polyethylene bag is fast and bulbous—got me?
Can I get a spoiler-free y/n answer to this? During the Crookback Bog questline, is there any way to definitively establish the identity of the spirit below the tree before you choose whether or not to release it? So far my only clues are that it appeared three years ago, that some random NPC has been having dreams beckoning her to the tree, and a refugee east of Novigrad who speaks of a dead hero buried beneath it.

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?
There's a little more than that, but I wouldn't call it "definitively." Just from random books, I believe, though.

Lazyhound
Mar 1, 2004

A squid eating dough in a polyethylene bag is fast and bulbous—got me?
Thanks.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)
There's also another clue related to it well into the main quest, but it's a blink and you'll miss it reference.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

The only book that talks about the spirit in any detail also paints the Crones in a positive light so I'd take it with a grain of salt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Welp just finished the game again.... already thinking about playing it again :stare:

Please release Cyberpunk soon :pray: