Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

I have a love/hate relationship with show posters. On one hand, they look awesome. On the other hand, I'm always too busy pre-gaming in the parking lot to get one before they sell out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

me your dad
Jul 25, 2006

caligulamprey posted:

Previews are getting posted.

eeeeeeeeee!

We can't stop here, this is tentacle country!

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽

Enos Cabell posted:

I have a love/hate relationship with show posters. On one hand, they look awesome. On the other hand, I'm always too busy pre-gaming in the parking lot to get one before they sell out.

Yeah how does that work? Am I suppose to buy it pre show and hold onto it all night, because that kind of sucks.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Harminoff posted:

Yeah how does that work? Am I suppose to buy it pre show and hold onto it all night, because that kind of sucks.
Solid 50/50 chance you might end up holding onto a poster throughout the show, but at least Ween usually have free tubes on hand so they won't get crushed. Nice security dudes will place it on a speaker if you're hanging off the barricade. It's usually a run-to-the-car/hotel-and-run-back situation. I'm the dude who always bought merch before the concert just to avoid the long lines post-show, though.

True story: we're a week out from Vegas and I am in full-on freak out mode.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Stallion.

sout
Apr 24, 2014

gently caress yeah.
God I hope I get a chance to see them at some point, but I'm not anticipating any world tours.
e: vvv yeah UK

sout fucked around with this message at 17:34 on Feb 18, 2017

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
Where you at? If the U.K. then no chance, Australia maybe.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Don't poo poo Where You Eat
I Can't Put My Finger on It
The Golden Eel
The Stallion pt 3
Gabrielle
I Gots a Weasel
You hosed Up
Tick
The Stallion pt 1
Woman and Man
Your Party (live sax provided by Angelo Moore of Fishbone)
Pork Roll Egg and Cheese
Japanese Cowboy
Transdermal Celebration
Mister Would You Please Help My Pony?
Object
Back to Basom
Tender Situation
Powder Blue
You Were the Fool
I'll Be Your Jonny on the Spot
Mister Richard Smoker
Nan
Zoloft
Ocean Man
Demon Sweat (Gene on keys, Glenn kicked back and had a smoke)

Encore:
Fiesta
Pollo Asado (Deaner smashed the podium to bits)

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002
That's a good setlist

Bold Robot
Jan 6, 2009

Be brave.

Not a fan of Woman and Man but other than that amazing setlist. First time Powder Blue has been played in a long time. I'm doing both nights in Chicago next month, can't wait.

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
Stream should be starting soon!

Blessed Up Couch Tour is on Mixlr http://mixlr.com/blessed-up-couch-tour

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Night 2. Despite having excellent sound, Brooklyn Bowl is a loving garbage venue with no water fountains, and the bathroom faucets are hot water only.

None of the staff knew anything in regards to when doors were going to be opened or when the show was scheduled to go on. Doors open at 5 which leads to another line inside the venue until 6 when you're lead to the stage and then the show is at 8:30-ish, in case you were in town and still were unsure.

Set list:

Did You See Me?
Exactly Where I'm At
Mutilated Lips
Take Me Away
Up on the Hill
The Stallion pt 5
Happy Colored Marbles
The HIV Song
Boy's Club
Doctor Rock
Frank
She's Your Baby
The Mollusk
Bananas and Blow
Even If You Don't
Pandy Fackler
Fat Lenny
Puerto Rican Power
Sorry Charlie
How High Can You Fly?
Roses Are Free
Baby Bitch
Waving My Dick in the Wind
Don't Get 2 Close (2 My Fantasy)
Captain Fantasy
Encore: She Fucks Me

Dean had food poisoning last night and had to run off to use the bathroom, She's Your Baby was an in-the-spot decision by Gene played solo.
Deaner also used a talk box for a truly ridiculous the She Fucks Me (LMLYP's been cut two nights in a row, gotta use the talk box for something).

caligulamprey fucked around with this message at 18:16 on Feb 20, 2017

JAMOOOL
Oct 18, 2004

:qq: I LOVE TWO AND HALF MEN!! YOU 20 SOMETHINGS ARE JUST TOO CYNICAL TO UNDERSTAND IT!!:qq:
Is there a live album in the works? Or any really good boots available? These setlists look incredible.

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
Deaner wants to put out the capital shows as it was filmed professionally multicam, only time will tell if they actually do though.

These past few nights great quality audience captures should be up by the end of the month/early next on music archive.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Night 3 devolved into Dean Ween literally dancing for money while the audience chucked chips at him. Hands down my favorite show of all time in terms of outright lunacy. The Linq is a Patrick Bateman fever dream and the only good thing I saw in the entire city was a life-sized plastic saxophone that holds 100 ounces of daiquiri that you sipped out of the mouthpiece and you had to tilt it up when it got below the halfway point.

Bold Robot
Jan 6, 2009

Be brave.

JAMOOOL posted:

Is there a live album in the works? Or any really good boots available? These setlists look incredible.

Both nights of Lockn from last August are on youtube with professional quality video/audio.

All of the 2016 shows are up on relisten (or archive.org, it's the same content but relisten's interface is better IMO). The audio for the February Colorado reunion shows is really good from what I can recall. Not sure about the others but generally the tapers have their poo poo together and produce good material.

Harminoff posted:

Deaner wants to put out the capital shows as it was filmed professionally multicam, only time will tell if they actually do though.

These past few nights great quality audience captures should be up by the end of the month/early next on music archive.

Yeah, Deaner was incredibly stoked after that run and posted on facebook that he wanted to talk to Gener about putting out a live album of all 3 nights. I think he's also said that he has soundboard audio from every show they did in 2016. I'd be pretty surprised if we don't get either a Cap run album or an overall 2016 tour album within a year or two.

caligulamprey posted:

Night 3 devolved into Dean Ween literally dancing for money while the audience chucked chips at him. Hands down my favorite show of all time in terms of outright lunacy. The Linq is a Patrick Bateman fever dream and the only good thing I saw in the entire city was a life-sized plastic saxophone that holds 100 ounces of daiquiri that you sipped out of the mouthpiece and you had to tilt it up when it got below the halfway point.

Night 3 was close to my ideal setlist. I can't believe they played Albino Sunburned Girl, and it may have been from an audience request based off what Deaner said afterwards? Huge props to the guy that was streaming all of these.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Bold Robot posted:

Night 3 was close to my ideal setlist. I can't believe they played Albino Sunburned Girl, and it may have been from an audience request based off what Deaner said afterwards?
100% An honest request that caught them so off-guard, they had to do it. Put the Coke on my Dick was also a request, too.

REAL TALK NOW THAT I'M AT A REAL KEYBOARD (not going to lie, it's gonna be word-vomit from hereon out, I'm still coming down): What spawned the chips incident was that someone had made fake Ween poker chips. Someone threw one on the stage, Deaner picked it up, made a comment and then was immediately inundated with a million fake poker chips and one real one for $100 (I myself folded my last $5 into a paper airplane and hurled it as hard as I could which hit the ground and was immediately given back to me by security). They asked him for his request which was Ambrosia Parsley, a detail I know because he had been shouting for it all loving night after every goddamn song which was immediately ignored.

And, to be fair, that's most definitely bottom-tier in the Prince homages. It's the Stallion Part 5 of Prince worship songs, though Stallion 5 loving killed live.

From there the show became fully off the rails as a wedding proposal went horribly wrong when the groom dropped the wedding ring in-between the stage and a wall with about an inch worth of space. It got so bad a random person from the crowd threw their own ring at them to use as a replacement which, when they did fish the ring out of the space, the groom was left holding up some random dude's wedding ring, who's is it? Who loving knows. The band congratulated them on their engagement by playing Iron Man.

At the end of the night? loving Ambrosia Parsley motherfucker rolls up to the stage and demands his $400 back because they didn't play his request, genuinely angry about it. Ya got fleeced, son. You can't shampoo a shampooer.

EDIT: Night 3's setlist has finally been posted:

She Wanted to Leave
Buckingham Green
Spinal Meningitis (Got Me Down)
Beacon Light
Learnin' to Love
Albino Sunburned Girl
Voodoo Lady
Big Jilm
Ooh Va La
Stroker Ace
Put the Coke on My Dick
The Grobe
Licking the Palm For Guava> Mushroom Festival in Hell
Laura
With My Own Bare Hands
Hey There Fancypants (tease)
The Star-Spangled Banner (tease)
Iron Man (tease)
Hey There Fancypants
Touch My Tooter
It's Gonna Be a Long Night
Ace of Spades
Fluffy
Polka Dot Tail
Encore: Poopship Destroyer

caligulamprey fucked around with this message at 21:49 on Feb 20, 2017

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

:rock:

Bold Robot
Jan 6, 2009

Be brave.

:thumbsup:

Bummer that the Brooklyn dates are a Tuesday and a Wednesday but loving awesome either way.

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002
I like that they kinda seem to be back for real. Either that or they're making bank.

BANME.sh
Jan 23, 2008

What is this??
Are you some kind of hypnotist??
Grimey Drawer
their stage production is basically just a big bedsheet and a smoke machine, they're probably making a lot off these shows.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Got my ticket for the Chicago show in the mail! May make plans to visit my brother in Missoula and surprise him with tickets to that show too.

me your dad
Jul 25, 2006

I'm excited to see the Baltimore date since it's only an hour away for me, but it sucks doing that drive and limits the rowdiness.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

me your dad posted:

I'm excited to see the Baltimore date since it's only an hour away for me, but it sucks doing that drive and limits the rowdiness.
I'm doing both the Bend/Seattle shows and my group of jerks are currently drawing straws on who gets to be the designated driver.

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

BANME.sh posted:

their stage production is basically just a big bedsheet and a smoke machine, they're probably making a lot off these shows.

So nothing's changed since they were signed to Elektra!

Bold Robot
Jan 6, 2009

Be brave.

Presale for the summer tour dates starts at 10am eastern.

me your dad
Jul 25, 2006

Yup. Going to try for the Baltimore show. I had a meeting at work scheduled from 9:30 - 10:30. Had my laptop in there with my credit card tucked underneath, ready to purchase on the DL. First words my boss said, "This shouldn't take the full hour" :angel:

loving YES

Got amazing seats. Front row in section 102.

:hellyeah:

me your dad fucked around with this message at 16:07 on Feb 28, 2017

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
Kinda bummed that there isn't any Midwest shows (wisconsin) ah well Chicago should hold me over for a while. Just over two weeks! First time going to Aragon Ballroom, anything I should know?

FalsePriest
Oct 20, 2010

"hi im pyle shittenhouse" *plop* *plop* *plop* "oops i have shit in your house lol"
gently caress yeah, just got tickets to see them in Bend.

I'm gonna get so wrecked on legal weed and jam my rear end off

All hail the BOOGNISH!!!!!!

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

Harminoff posted:

Kinda bummed that there isn't any Midwest shows (wisconsin) ah well Chicago should hold me over for a while. Just over two weeks! First time going to Aragon Ballroom, anything I should know?

It's gorgeous, the line will be long.

Also come hang out with me! I live like .5 miles from the venue. My friends and I are meeting at my apartment to crush some beers and walk on down to the show,

me your dad
Jul 25, 2006

From /r/ween:

The Pod (apparently) is for sale (only $790k for a dilapidated old farm house - what a bargain!)

Someone also posted this unreleased Pod track, which is loving rad: Make It

Bold Robot
Jan 6, 2009

Be brave.

me your dad posted:

From /r/ween:

The Pod (apparently) is for sale (only $790k for a dilapidated old farm house - what a bargain!)

Someone also posted this unreleased Pod track, which is loving rad: Make It

It's less of a lovely place than I would have imagined.

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002
The dilapidated farm house comes with 20 acres. $790k isn't that bad.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

So this may have been asked previously in this thread or elsewhere, but I know of no definitive answer, so I must ask:

What actually is a jammypac?

Bold Robot
Jan 6, 2009

Be brave.

Allen Wren posted:

So this may have been asked previously in this thread or elsewhere, but I know of no definitive answer, so I must ask:

What actually is a jammypac?

:iiam:

Today it's a brand of fanny packs with speakers in them but I'm pretty sure these didn't exist in 1991.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

I'm one week away from seeing Ween live at the Aragon Ballroom! Gonna get a good buzz and walk on down as I only live a mile from there. Have like 5 friends meeting at my place for the pre-show party.

So happy I get to see them twice in 6 months.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Beastie posted:

I'm one week away from seeing Ween live at the Aragon Ballroom! Gonna get a good buzz and walk on down as I only live a mile from there. Have like 5 friends meeting at my place for the pre-show party.

So happy I get to see them twice in 6 months.

Ween is always best when you can stumble home afterwards. My favorite show of all time was seeing Ween shortly after Mollusk came out, at a real seedy dance hall type club literally a block and a half from my (at the time) front door.

Bold Robot
Jan 6, 2009

Be brave.

Deaner posted on Facebook that he's starting his charter fishing service up again. I'm tempted to do it, I'm in NYC so it's not that far away.

e: typo fixed!

Bold Robot fucked around with this message at 04:26 on Mar 14, 2017

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Bold Robot posted:

Dealer posted on Facebook that he's starting his charter fishing service up again. I'm tempted to do it, I'm in NYC so it's not that far away.

Quality typo :catdrugs:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

Ween tonight! Live, in Chicago! Bringing my girlfriend with, she finally gets to experience Ween in a scenario that isn't my buddies getting drunk around a fire and singing 12 Golden Country Greats.

Edit: We call our drunk covers "Boy's Club"