Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Strawberry Panda posted:

The epic rivalry started over who was the better concubine for Mr. H's.

It's funny because Alexa was one of them too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/WWE/status/833046198218940418

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

oh there's the other half of the raw roster

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Triple H kills the ref, Lesnar rocks Goldberg with some surprise suplexes, Owens retains at Fastlane. (I hope)

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HwSV-NBFBoI

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

The classic ftfy meme, where re-contextualize a quote to give implications unintended by the quoted party.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

extradite THIS! posted:

I'd like to interrupt this celebration of all things Triple H to remind you that seeing wrestling live is extremely good and cool. We have a new Finnish champion after a great match and I'm happy :)

drat, I should check those shows. Haven't seen live Wrestling since AJ Styles had two super awesome matches in Helsinki (2003).

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Kennel posted:

drat, I should check those shows. Haven't seen live Wrestling since AJ Styles had two super awesome matches in Helsinki (2003).

You loving wot m8, why has AJ Styles been here? :pwn:

But yeah I totally recommend it, the FCF events are very professionally put together and many of the wrestlers are honestly super talented. And, well, wrestling is at its best when you're there live. Nothing else quite like it. The next one unfortunately isn't until late May.

a cyborg mug fucked around with this message at 02:09 on Feb 19, 2017

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

DeepDickPizza posted:

He makes his enormous dog ride in the trunk?

With a dog of that size I assume he won't fit anywhere that isn't the trunk of an SUV.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
Wow, shocking to think HHH might have it out for The Big Dog

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
All this HHH talk gives me another excuse to post that Haitch backmasking clip I made several years ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pS4tDjXtjJs

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
I'm amazed someone would put HHH in Cena's league as a draw. Cena is literally the only consistent draw WWE has had since Austin/Rock, that I can think of anyway.

HHH was a support player, like Foley. Just HHH got a way bigger push, so he'd get every chance to succeed and get WWE history shaped to make him look great

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

triplexpac posted:

I'm amazed someone would put HHH in Cena's league as a draw. Cena is literally the only consistent draw WWE has had since Austin/Rock, that I can think of anyway.

HHH was a support player, like Foley. Just HHH got a way bigger push, so he'd get every chance to succeed and get WWE history shaped to make him look great

Did anyone put him in that league as a draw? I only compared them favorably as successful and influential workers and figures in the business that have both contributed a lot to WWE.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

You said Triple H was more famous than anyone else in the world, and i'm here to "roast" you for life

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Gonz posted:

All this HHH talk gives me another excuse to post that Haitch backmasking clip I made several years ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pS4tDjXtjJs

To think it was right there in front of us the whole time...smdh

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

A little while back, but one of my favourite HHH moments is when he and Austin are alone in teh ring during one of the Rumbles, the next guy out is The Hurricane. He gets between them and tries to double choke slam them. Austin and The Cerebral Asskicking Assassin look at each other and then just chuck out Hurricane.

Is this The Hurricane incident that people mentioned? Coz I thought it was cool and funny.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

No, I believe the Hurricane incident is when Hurricane got to pretty much own Rock in a promo (which never happens), then beat him in a match...which was followed by Triple H beating Hurricane in a match with a loving sleeperhold

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

DeathChicken posted:

No, I believe the Hurricane incident is when Hurricane got to pretty much own Rock in a promo (which never happens), then beat him in a match...which was followed by Triple H beating Hurricane in a match with a loving sleeperhold

Didn't Hurricane win via distraction rollup? I'm pretty sure it wasn't a finisher into a clean pin or whatever.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Hurricane,a midcare comedy gimmick personified, had several backstage segments with the rock in early 03 in which he held his own or cane out ahead. This led to a match where Hurricane won off s distraction rollup. This was right before WM in which rock was facing Austin for the third time. Rock, one of the biggest stars in wrestling going into a feud with the biggest star in wrestling, let a midcard comedy guy get a huge rub off him. He didn't have to do any of that.

Or rather it could have been a huge rub because HHH made sure to bury him Ext week or so. I mean I'm sure it's not like the hurricane would have been a world champ by summerslam because of this mini feud with the rock but at least try to do something after pinning the rock. Or you know HHH can steal the heat and make everything the rock did and any possible benefit totally useless while he makes racist comments and then pins a black man clean st wrestle mania

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

oldpainless posted:

st wrestle mania

i agree with canonizing hhh

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Sometimes I worry that Triple H is going to show up at my house, hit me with a sledgehammer and then pedigree me on a frying pan.

Then he shouts at me and says hurtful things and I am crestfallen.

"Why, Hunter? Why?", I yell.

"Because it's what's best.....for business", he replies as he rips my TV off the wall and tosses it down.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

I liked The Hurricane and Rock stuff.

I liked how The Rock was the only wrestler that didn't seem to realize that "intrepi reporter" Gregory Helms was a different person to The Hurricane.

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

One time Molly Holly clocked Hurricane and took the Hardcore Title, just to get owned by a door and lose it to Christian. That's my Hurricane memory.

Skaw
Aug 5, 2004
Can we talk less about how bad Triple H was/is and more about how great The Rock was/is, especially when Triple H is around because I bet that makes him mad as all heck

Sugar Blaster
Dec 15, 2004

All ears, all eyes, all the time!
Remember that mini-feud in 2002 HHH had with Bubba Ray Dudley shortly after Bischoff handed HHH the belt where Bubba cut a few impassioned backstage promos about how Raw "was not the HHH show" and went out of his way to spraypaint a table with HHH's name on it?

Here we are in 2017 and I'm still waitin' for that table to get used.

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

Skaw posted:

Can we talk less about how bad Triple H was/is and more about how great The Rock was/is, especially when Triple H is around because I bet that makes him mad as all heck

I'm certain every time HHH watches a movie staring the Rock he thinks to himself, "it's that guy I beat, because I'm HHH, king of kings, the rear end-"(etc)

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

I bet Dominic Toretto would never have got up from a pedigree

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Skaw posted:

Remember how before it was confirmed that the Rock couldn't do anything in the ring for insurance reasons, Triple H laid the seeds for a prospective Wrestlemania feud with The Rock in 2015, rather than woth any number of talents who could have benefited from such a feud

Molestationary Store
May 21, 2007

To be fair a match with two old attitude/whatever era guys who'd gone at it before lacing up ONE LAST TIME would definitely be money and rope in the casuals that Mania is blatantly geared towards.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Becky Lynch didn't wrestle last night:

There's a few injuries on the NXT brand that haven't been disclosed yet too.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

Braun slammed Mark Henry, Mark Henry slammed Kane, and Big Show slammed Undertaker, but when the cheating noodly cowards Kane and The Undertaker needed to do their own man slammin on Strong Beautiful Braun, they resorted to shameful double-teaming. Pathetic.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

rovert posted:

There's a few injuries on the NXT brand that haven't been disclosed yet too.

There are injuries in every company that aren't disclosed because workers work injured. Also, water wet, fire hot, sky blue etc.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

dsriggs posted:

There are injuries in every company that aren't disclosed because workers work injured. Also, water wet, fire hot, sky blue etc.

No not that. Injured as in isn't cleared to wrestle.

There's a TV taping this week and NXT is running a dual crew tour too. The absences should reveal who is out injured.

rovert fucked around with this message at 11:04 on Feb 19, 2017

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
As an alcohólic. My favorite wrestler right now is Eva Marie

Also: The best versión of "iron horse" is on the on parole bootelg.

DoctorGonzo fucked around with this message at 11:31 on Feb 19, 2017

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

rovert posted:

There's a TV taping this week and NXT is running a dual crew tour too. The absences should reveal who is out injured.

Like big enough names to affect expected Takeover booking?

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
Trips didn't even job to Jeff Hardy when he was at his hottest and a win over him would have catapulted him into the same strato sphere as Cena.

When Jeff did win the title they did it in a triple threat where Edge ate the pin.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

Strawberry Panda posted:

Trips didn't even job to Jeff Hardy when he was at his hottest and a win over him would have catapulted him into the same strato sphere as Cena.

When Jeff did win the title they did it in a triple threat where Edge ate the pin.
I remember when HHH put Jeff over by pinning Jeff with a crucifix pin after a Swanton Bomb. Good times.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
HHH is a good wrestler, though.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

Baron Corbyn posted:

Like big enough names to affect expected Takeover booking?

I'm sure they're just as big as all those wellness violations that we're still waiting on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

rovert posted:

Why can't you just list the injured ones?

• Locked thread