Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Sign

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Oh for fucks sake

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Sakurazuka posted:

Oh for fucks sake

:downsrim:

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

I can appreciate Symphogear's ideas but I feel it really struggles with conveying them fairly often.

Like I can appreciate the idea that it's cool to put in effort to understand other people and build bridges and all that fun stuff even if other people are dicks and like how it's handled with Christ and almost everyone in the second season, but I still have a hard time accepting how it worked out with Finé literally two minutes after tossing the moon at the earth. It's 100% thematically appropriate and most other resolutions would probably feel fake or unearned, yet I still feel there's some steps missing between dooming the planet and "sorry, my bad".

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

a cartoon duck posted:

I can appreciate Symphogear's ideas but I feel it really struggles with conveying them fairly often.

Like I can appreciate the idea that it's cool to put in effort to understand other people and build bridges and all that fun stuff even if other people are dicks and like how it's handled with Christ and almost everyone in the second season, but I still have a hard time accepting how it worked out with Finé literally two minutes after tossing the moon at the earth. It's 100% thematically appropriate and most other resolutions would probably feel fake or unearned, yet I still feel there's some steps missing between dooming the planet and "sorry, my bad".

I can see where you're coming from and felt the same way to an extent, but I feel like there's also an argument to be made that Hibiki still reaching out to Fine in that moment was powerful precisely because of what Fine had just done.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Yeah, like I said it's the 100% thematically appropriate resolution to this, but it also felt like they realised they only had 12 minutes left in this season and most of those have to be dedicated to punching the moon, so it went off super quick? I dunno, maybe that's more a pacing complaint, but I kinda wish we had spent more time on talking to Finé than moon-punching.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

a kitten posted:

Khloe post.

I gave khloe a very nice book this week, she was happy

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

symphogear is good and much smarter than I gave it credit for back in 2012

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
I'm excited for Hibiki and Miku to finally kiss on screen in season 4

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Motto posted:

symphogear is good and much smarter than I gave it credit for back in 2012

Yeah, I called it dumb but it's only really dumb in the fun G-Gundam sense. Pretty much all the mechanics of what happens in the show are hot nonsense and it occasionally makes some pacing/logical leaps that it just asks you to roll with, but if you're willing to do that it's a really emotionally aware and honest-feeling show.

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe
Man I really need to resub to ff14 before the new patch to catch up on the latest content

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Sefal posted:

Man I really need to resub to ff14 before the new patch to catch up on the latest content
its good.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
the writer of symphogear has lots of really cool ideas that can come off kind of awkwardly cause he has a really weird writing style, it's resulted in stuff like wild arms 3's english script pretty much being fully rewritten while trying to maintain the spirit of his original japanese one

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

a cartoon duck posted:

Yeah, like I said it's the 100% thematically appropriate resolution to this, but it also felt like they realised they only had 12 minutes left in this season and most of those have to be dedicated to punching the moon, so it went off super quick? I dunno, maybe that's more a pacing complaint, but I kinda wish we had spent more time on talking to Finé than moon-punching.
Eh, I think there wasn't much that needed to be said. Hibiki forgave Fine of her sins. Fine, whose entire motivation was Jesus Christ, had probably wanted to hear that for thousands of years. Because Jesus.

Not to mention We get some more Fine stuff via Shirabe.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Fine breaks her promise to Hibiki, though by nobly sacrificing herself to save someone else :(.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

https://fat.gfycat.com/WeeklyUnacceptableCow.webm

Mistakes Into Miracles

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

{Good job!}

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

TFW lint from the lint trap gets on stuff you're taking out of the dryer.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

https://twitter.com/Yuyucow/status/833114965548597248

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

That seems like it would have serious cooling problems

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Unlikely, because it is seriously cool.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
I hope air goes in the mouth and blows out the butt

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Everything Burrito posted:

I hope air goes in the mouth and blows out the butt

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
WIN THIS WHEEZING FLATULENT CHOCOBO PC

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Desserts and animals and musical instruments seems a little excessive.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Agronox posted:

WIN THIS WHEEZING FLATULENT CHOCOBO PC
I'm sorry but the fart card is sold separately

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Lemon-Lime posted:

Desserts and animals and musical instruments seems a little excessive.

it's ok because kirakira precure is insanely good

also she just has a musical instrument cause she's a rocker girl. she sings for a band

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Not as cool as phone meetings for work at 4 PM on a Saturday!

Don't become an adult.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
Get old enough to drink adult beverages, then just stop.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

Get old enough to drink adult beverages, then just stop.
I don't want to be 8 years old though

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Oh jeez, these are cute.

https://twitter.com/gsc_kahotan/status/833107834027995136

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Shielder is my favorite of those characters, but bottom middle is definitely the best figure :yayclod:

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Takemiya Jin draws a lot of Shielder, so she's good.

Plus shields are cool.

Red Minjo
Oct 20, 2010

Out of the houses, which is the most blue?

The answer might not be be obvious at first.

Gravy Boat 2k
Shellder

here's my shellder art, from red minjo age 21 in 2014

Red Minjo fucked around with this message at 03:45 on Feb 19, 2017

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

What better way to deal with a breakup than anime and lots of alcohol

Roomie and I just binged all of MAdoka Magica.

Holy gently caress, again I appear to have been missing out on anime all of my life.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Missing Name posted:

Holy gently caress, again I appear to have been missing out on anime all of my life.

Sorry to hear that :(

And yeah, madoka is cool. I should check out the movie one of these days.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Missing Name posted:

Never have relationships and you never have breakups. That's a life tip for ya, free of charge.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Controversial opinion but, despite the pain associated with them, having relationships is, in fact, good. As the saying goes: Better to have tried and failed then to have never tried at all.

• Locked thread