Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Elfgames posted:

you forgot god slayers

Even more proof that we need a human slayer to get rid of these uppity humans.

Silver2195 posted:

Voldeo (the Grimoire Heart guy who possessed Capricorn), wasn't a Human Slayer, but he used Human Subordination magic.

Now we're getting somewhere...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.

Hate-Senpai posted:

I feel that it's pretty racist that we have dragon slayers and demon slayers but no dedicated human slayers in this manga.

sounds like the makings of a bad deviantart fairy tail OC

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Nightmare Edgelord (Shadowskull, Blackfang, Phandomblade, etc.) the Human Slayer.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Hate-Senpai posted:

Nightmare Edgelord (Shadowskull, Blackfang, Phandomblade, etc.) the Human Slayer.

This isn't the Tales of Berseria thread.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Velvet sounds like an un-edgelord name.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
There needs to be a Dragon-Slayer Slayer too.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Spiderdrake posted:

I hope Ezra gets to kill Acnologia with some sort of soul of her mom armor upgrade.

Acnologia versus leather bound 'soul of Eileen' Erza should be a thing, yes.

Hate-Senpai posted:

Velvet sounds like an un-edgelord name.

What if the t was actually a cross?

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Get back to me when the t is an upside down cross, otherwise it's not edgy enough.

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
hey guys the war is over I guess oh wait here's gildartz to punch august

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

If I were human, I believe my response would be: 'go to hell'.

Centzon Totochtin posted:

hey guys the war is over I guess oh wait here's gildartz to punch august

Ya know...I like Gildartz and find his powers pretty cool, but I really wish they'd stop using him as a deus ex machina thing all the time. I really serves to reduce the suspense or impact of the strong characters he fights when it always ends with him punching them real hard.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
So which came first, the too powerful enemy that needed a Glidartz to Deus Ex Machina them into submission, or the Gildartz who needed a too powerful enemy to keep him from just crashing all the problems away?

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Gyges posted:

So which came first, the too powerful enemy that needed a Glidartz to Deus Ex Machina them into submission, or the Gildartz who needed a too powerful enemy to keep him from just crashing all the problems away?

I think Gildartz's involvement in this arc came first, because excluding him from the final arc would be weird.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Silver2195 posted:

I think Gildartz's involvement in this arc came first, because excluding him from the final arc would be weird.

Originally. He enters the story at about the same time as Achnologia after all.

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

Kinda hoping Gildartz dies here.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Honestly about the only characters I care about anymore are Gajeel and Levey and their having a beautiful wedding.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Same.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
New Chapter is up.

The worst part is that it would actually be interesting if Gray's attack worked, but you know that type of poo poo doesn't fly in Fairy Tail, so it won't and almost negative things happened this chapter.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Yeah, a heroic sacrifice + erase yourself so no one feels sad you're gone is actually a really interesting concept, but it's Fairy Tail.

Kuroyama
Sep 15, 2012
no fucking Anime in GiP

Gyges posted:

New Chapter is up.

The worst part is that it would actually be interesting if Gray's attack worked, but you know that type of poo poo doesn't fly in Fairy Tail, so it won't and almost negative things happened this chapter.

Two chapters this week, and Gray is stopped about 5 pages in.

On the other hand, Zeref has a super-duper secret plot, and Acnologia is back.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

I hope he just chumps August and we don't have to have some boring explanation as to his stupid powers. Fairy Tail sucks at explaining anything.

I did appreciate the call back to Gray's "lovely job" though.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I still don't understand how Acnologia is a threat to Zeref at all.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

RatHat posted:

Acnologia's breath attacks can probably just incinerate Zeref's body. If Igneel's flames had the potential to kill Zeref, Acnologia's island-erasing blast of darkness surely could.

The real question is how anyone, Zeref included, is a threat to Acnologia at this point. I had previously assumed that Natsu would take him out with some new dragon-demon form, but now that Natsu has rejected his Dragon Seed and Demon Seed, he shouldn't even be able to scratch Acnologia's scales.

Silver2195 fucked around with this message at 02:03 on Feb 19, 2017

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

RatHat posted:

Acnologia knows how dumb Zeref's secret goal is and has been sick burning him with it for centuries.

Indiana_Krom
Jun 18, 2007
Net Slacker
It would be cool if Acnologia remains less a character and more some unstoppable force of nature even to the end of the manga and the best anyone can do is stay out of his warpath.

Which is why he is going to totally job out to Zeref at some point.

He is going to job so bad, even Worf will do a facepalm, and Worf was nearly killed by falling off a ladder once.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.
Acnologia is cool as a random level 99 superboss roaming around the world who occasionally drops in and fucks everything up super hard for both sides. I really really hope he doesn't get more than a few pages worth of backstory, and exactly 0 of it should involve crying about a dead friend/family member.

AndwhatIseeisme
Mar 30, 2010

Being alive is pretty much a constant stream of embarrassment.
Fun Shoe

TriffTshngo posted:

Acnologia is cool as a random level 99 superboss roaming around the world who occasionally drops in and fucks everything up super hard for both sides. I really really hope he doesn't get more than a few pages worth of backstory, and exactly 0 of it should involve crying about a dead friend/family member.

I hope his backstory never becomes more complicated than "Killed so many dragons that he became a super dragon", because that is unironically the best explanation of a villains power we've gotten in this series.

Kuroyama
Sep 15, 2012
no fucking Anime in GiP

Silver2195 posted:

Acnologia's breath attacks can probably just incinerate Zeref's body. If Igneel's flames had the potential to kill Zeref, Acnologia's island-erasing blast of darkness surely could.

The real question is how anyone, Zeref included, is a threat to Acnologia at this point. I had previously assumed that Natsu would take him out with some new dragon-demon form, but now that Natsu has rejected his Dragon Seed and Demon Seed, he shouldn't even be able to scratch Acnologia's scales.

I think they said that Acnologia can use some sort of soul magic, which might be one of the few things to do something worth a drat to Zeref.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Silver2195 posted:

remember dragon seed isn't dragon slayer power it's the whole turning into a dragon thing

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
I guess next chapter will feature more Larcade, who kind of got clowned on. Since this is the final arc do you think the subplot with Ivan Dreyer will be resolved really clumsily?

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Are there any non-clumsy resolutions in Fairy Tail?

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Relin posted:

I guess next chapter will feature more Larcade, who kind of got clowned on. Since this is the final arc do you think the subplot with Ivan Dreyer will be resolved really clumsily?

I thought it was already resolved. (It was done terribly and was really anticlimactic but it kind of was.)

We actually still have not gotten any follow up to Obra from that Arc who is still palling around with Zeref.

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 21:39 on Feb 25, 2017

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
It's cool that we had Fairy Glitter finally be used in combat only to be proven completely useless.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Fabricated posted:

It's cool that we had Fairy Glitter finally be used in combat only to be proven completely useless.

im glad that the ability canna got by abandoning her friend continues to do nothing

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
That would make so much sense.

Too bad I doubt it's actually intended to be a statement on friendship and power.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

It's because she's a woman in the manga, Fairy Tail.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Link dammit!

http://mangastream.com/r/fairy_tail/524/4063/1

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

You people are the worst.

Also why even have these magical Fairy Magics if they don't do poo poo

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Wasn't Fairy Glitter introduced as a way for Cana to cheese the Grand Magic Games magic power scouter event, and then it has failed to do anything noteworthy since then? What a bullshit magic.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

Wasn't Fairy Glitter introduced as a way for Cana to cheese the Grand Magic Games magic power scouter event, and then it has failed to do anything noteworthy since then? What a bullshit magic.

No, it was introduced as a way for her to forget about friendship, then use the built up power of Fairy Glitter to successfully job out and put Gildarz even further over when he shows up to save the day. Later the First had her use it to cheese the power scouter event.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

chumbler posted:

It's because she's a woman in the manga, Fairy Tail.

Like that's ever stopped Erza.

• Locked thread