Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

W.T. Fits posted:

I had her bust it out during the Ultima Weapon fight in the current VIII event. Level 65 Fujin with her Chakram, Cid Goggles (VII) for +Wind, Ultima Slayer and Vessel of Fate as RW. After hitting Ultima Weapon with Full Break and Canister Shot, her BSB was doing a little over 5K per hit on the entry attacks, and managed to hit for 9999 on her command 2 through Wind Resistance. Never got to hit him with command 1 since he died shortly after that. :allears:

He's not wind resistant, that was the Breakdown being resisted.

My level 51 fuujin was hitting for ~3kx4 with both of her stacking res debuffs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

superloosegoose
Dec 26, 2008
I keep generally everything now over 3 star since vault space is 50 a mythril, but I think it's good to keep these:

- Anything 3 Star and Up with a special status effect like 'chance to inflict poison', as you can stack those with their equivalent RM's unless I'm wrong here.
EXAMPLE: Dark Bow (V)
Adds a small chance to blind.

- Anything 3 Star and Up with a special elemental resist/boost that's better than minor
EXAMPLE: Flame Rod (V)
Adds small boost to fire damage.

- Anything 4 and Up! You can also use your useless 5 stars as rosetta stones, and I believe they also transfer their augments to the next item.

Unless there's something else I can think of... Granted, reforging your 4 stars up to 7 stars can cost like a million mog bucks.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

CaptainPsyko posted:

He's not wind resistant, that was the Breakdown being resisted.

My level 51 fuujin was hitting for ~3kx4 with both of her stacking res debuffs.

There's a breakdown effect on the entry hits? *goes and looks it up*

Huh. Didn't notice that part. Neat.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Oh right, the FF1 event ends tomorrow, I should probably do that, huh :downs:

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
I am desperate for eggs. Are there any events/ways to easily grab eggs other than just waiting (a few more hours) for the Sunday dungeon? At this rate I'm kind of thinking I might just use all my stamina over the next day purely on the XP dungeon instead of grinding mythril out of the Realm Dungeons. In addition to needing to drag my FF8 crew up to 65, I still haven't got Tyro/Cloud up there for their soul break RMs.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Cinnamon Bear posted:

I am desperate for eggs. Are there any events/ways to easily grab eggs other than just waiting (a few more hours) for the Sunday dungeon? At this rate I'm kind of thinking I might just use all my stamina over the next day purely on the XP dungeon instead of grinding mythril out of the Realm Dungeons. In addition to needing to drag my FF8 crew up to 65, I still haven't got Tyro/Cloud up there for their soul break RMs.
you should absolutely use all of your stamina on Sundaily

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

Nihilarian posted:

you should absolutely use all of your stamina on Sundaily

Like pretty much always, not just tomorrow.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Who should I unlock with my Hero's Soul?

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Electric Phantasm posted:

Who have you pulled a relic for that isn't available in the current event?

Them.

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

Electric Phantasm posted:

Characters a lot of times are interchangeable these days, its all about who you pull a character relic for.

Uncle Ulty
Dec 12, 2006

Represent.

Cinnamon Bear posted:

You can buy Growth Eggs from the Gyshal Exchange, but I think most people would agree that's not a great use of Greens. ( 500 for a 3* Egg and 1500 for a 4*). Other than that I think the only other way is to trade Hero Souls and Blank MCs for them, and I'm guessing you need those.

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

Uncle Ulty posted:

You can buy Growth Eggs from the Gyshal Exchange, but I think most people would agree that's not a great use of Greens. ( 500 for a 3* Egg and 1500 for a 4*). Other than that I think the only other way is to trade Hero Souls and Blank MCs for them, and I'm guessing you need those.

Uh yeah absolutely do NOT buy eggs with greens.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

CaptainPsyko posted:

Who have you pulled a relic for that isn't available in the current event?

Them.

Combo posted:

Characters a lot of times are interchangeable these days, its all about who you pull a character relic for.

Alright Squall and Tifa it is.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Uncle Ulty posted:

Look at this nerd who doesn't stockpile cholesterol. Like come on son, half the fun in leveling a dude is cramming their gullet full of growth eggs.

Nameless Pete
May 8, 2007

Get a load of those...

widespread posted:

Look at this nerd who doesn't stockpile cholesterol. Like come on son, half the fun in leveling a dude is cramming their gullet full of growth eggs.

Cool Hand Lulu

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
How strong should I be before tackling the ++ dailies? I can do + alright with a RW but I'm kind of hesitant to "waste" stamina getting guys annihilated before I can hit my RW Wall.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

I'm hell of late to the party and am the worst gacha player in the universe, but I got my first SSB :shobon:

it is called "Shout"

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008

Cinnamon Bear posted:

How strong should I be before tackling the ++ dailies? I can do + alright with a RW but I'm kind of hesitant to "waste" stamina getting guys annihilated before I can hit my RW Wall.

If you can do +, you should be able to do ++. I remember thinking that the ++ was weirdly easier than + back when it first came out, but might just be my build or something. Anyway, try it out, and at worst you lose 30 stamina for the test run.

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
:stare:

It is easier... Holy poo poo why I was I hesitating. The monsters don't seem to hit as hard, just have mildly annoying statuses that are easy to work around.

Also, I never played FF8 but running around with a fully geared Disciplinary Committee is a ton of fun. Seifer is really pulling his weight and Fujin's BSB is ridiculous. I'm really hoping I can clear at least far enough to unlock the 5* Ninja ability for her. I'm also really enjoying Raijin's BSB as kind of a backup healer.

Shock Trooper
Oct 24, 2006

TERROR BALTIMORE
Yeah most of the ++'s are definitely easier. Looking at you Tuesdaily, and those loving 9000 HP dragons in the + with their heat rays.

Inge
Jan 16, 2007
SERIOUSLY THATS DISGUSTING I'M TRYING TO EAT

Weeping Wound posted:

I'm hell of late to the party and am the worst gacha player in the universe, but I got my first SSB :shobon:

it is called "Shout"

NOICE.

Get ramza asap, you just got a head start

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I'm happy to report that I finally have sentinel grimoire, 3 types of medica (Selphie, Vanille, Penelo), and motherfucking SHOUT (and sheep song, I guess). :getin: After that I have a handful of other fun SSBs, even a couple BSBs and Squall's OSB. What's the final hurdle to start clearing ultimates? Have the trinity, an A team of level 65+ and really useful RMs like Dr. Mog's Secrets (which I do have)?

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Speedboat Jones posted:

motherfucking SHOUT (and sheep song, I guess)

you've got your excitement backwards

i've been just loving my mages lately

way to go steve
Jan 1, 2010

Speedboat Jones posted:

I'm happy to report that I finally have sentinel grimoire, 3 types of medica (Selphie, Vanille, Penelo), and motherfucking SHOUT (and sheep song, I guess). :getin: After that I have a handful of other fun SSBs, even a couple BSBs and Squall's OSB. What's the final hurdle to start clearing ultimates? Have the trinity, an A team of level 65+ and really useful RMs like Dr. Mog's Secrets (which I do have)?

There's no harm in giving it a shot. The only other thing commonly considered important is having some amount of debuffs, preferably ones that stack with power/magic breakdowns and full break. If your orbs don't allow for those, the 3star combat stat breaks are better than nothing.

You certainly don't need to have everything to get through ultimates. Really never gonna know until you try. If you've got other little questions feel free to swing by the discord, it's pretty great.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Is Raijin's BSB kind of a dud? It's got the healing option which is great for a non healer, but it takes 7 activations to get the best use out of his CMD 2? Don't you only get 5 out of a burst?

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Prav posted:

you've got your excitement backwards

i've been just loving my mages lately

I think my excitement comes from getting Unsung Hero and Tailwind months before finally pulling Shout from Keeper's Choice yesterday, whereas I got Sheep Song way back during December Orbfest and not knowing the jackpot I pulled back then. Also that I still need way more hones until I can put together a mage team that actually has enough nukes left for the boss.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Is Raijin's BSB kind of a dud? It's got the healing option which is great for a non healer, but it takes 7 activations to get the best use out of his CMD 2? Don't you only get 5 out of a burst?

It's not a dud, but it is finnicky; with Cloud USB RW (or, honestly, even without) and enough turns, it makes him capable of being literally among the highest damage characters in the game, (think Orlandeau with OSB tier) while spending 75% of his turns doing competent off-healing.

But, as you've noted, that only works in longer fights. Basically, it's the bees knees for Torment, and multiplayer and situations like that, but it's only okay on a typical U/U+. (Though 3 command 2's and then a command 1, then repeat, does give you very close to the same damage as BSB/2/2/2/BSB/2/2/2/1 which is the "optimal" cycle.

(The stacking buff from command 2 lasts 25 seconds. You can afford to recast the BSB, but it's best to start the sequence with a little bit more than one full gauge or be running Ace Striker or hitting thunder vulnerability to get it right.)

Chevy Slyme fucked around with this message at 16:17 on Feb 19, 2017

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Speedboat Jones posted:

I think my excitement comes from getting Unsung Hero and Tailwind months before finally pulling Shout from Keeper's Choice yesterday, whereas I got Sheep Song way back during December Orbfest and not knowing the jackpot I pulled back then. Also that I still need way more hones until I can put together a mage team that actually has enough nukes left for the boss.

We live in the era of the burst roaming warrior; Magic hones are still a factor, sure, but when you can just summon a Raines BSB, that goes a very long way to solving that problem. Especially on + battles and up where there's no trash.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
I really wanted Raijin's pauldron and I was pretty drunk last night so I did a 50 mythril pull and got dupe Fujin's jacket and knife on the first one (I was actually fine with that), then I drunkenly bought gems and pulled again:

:dance:

Artic Puma
Jun 22, 2007

Chef Curry with the pot, boy!

Combo posted:

Uh yeah absolutely do NOT buy eggs with greens.

What should you buy with greens? Mythril whenever it shows up? The stamina shards? Motes?

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Always buy mythril.

I always buy the motes too, but it's not as important now that events give out tons of them.

Aside from that, spend them on reforge mats and major orbs as needed. Don't bother with the stamina shards unless having 1-2 extra stamina means that much to you.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire
Stamina shards can be worth it if you time the purchase, if you have 4/5 and just run out of stamina buy it up for a free refill.

Don't bother with the ones that cost 100k tho.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

U-DO Burger posted:

Always buy mythril.

I always buy the motes too, but it's not as important now that events give out tons of them.

Aside from that, spend them on reforge mats and major orbs as needed. Don't bother with the stamina shards unless having 1-2 extra stamina means that much to you.

Buy a single 10k stamina shard, because that's one extra stamina for 10k greens which is a Good Deal. (Currently with all content complete, you'll finish with 4/5 gems and that's been the case for months and will be as far as we have foresight thanks to Japan.)

Getting an additional Stamina will then cost you 140,000 greens. This is a Bad Deal, to be done when you are swimming in excess greens. (Using a 10k purchase as a well timed quasi-mythril refresh isn't awful, but meh.)

Beyond that, buy mythril and major orbs every week as needed, motes and reforge mats as needed, and watch the number go up until the next accessory sale or whatever.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Yeah, we have an uneven number of shards, so the theoretical maximum is 4/5 shards, eternally. Dungeon Updates from here on into the foreseeable future have exactly 10 shards per update - so two full stamina with no remainder - and nobody wants to spend 140k greens for a single three minutes saved, since the amount of time farming those greens far outweighs the time you "save" by having three extra minutes of energy.

It's real dumb.

Like everyone else said, save for Mythril, Major Orbs, Dark Matters (if you're far enough along to have ++ items), and then the occasional emergency 3* motes or less good orb. (That said, try to avoid spending on greater/normal/etc orbs, they're not worth the cost. Even Major Orbs are questionable, but they're the best value and breaking them down into lower rarities is always an option.)

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

I've bought 6 stamina shards to make it perfectly even but I also currently have more than 250,000 greens, so I'm probably not the best example of the average player. I don't know what I'm gonna spend the greens on when all's said and done. Hopefully there is a big accessory day coming up. Otherwise I'll probably start being frivolous.

way to go steve
Jan 1, 2010

Artic Puma posted:

What should you buy with greens? Mythril whenever it shows up? The stamina shards? Motes?

Just so ya know, accessories show up occasionally in the greens shop. There were several good resist items available around the anniversary in jp. If you're not sure, I would recommend buying only mithril and stocking up for the chance at limited time stuff.

Stagger_Lee
Mar 25, 2009
I can do the heroic version of the xp dungeon as long as nothing crits me. All of my little spritemen fall over to a crit.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
Major orbs are definitely decent greens purchases but which ones are worthwhile depends entirely on your team setup and your current orb supply.

M Woof
Dec 15, 2013
The gatcha gods were kind to me

The only problem is I've never used Vaan.... spent Sunday levelling him up, but only managed to get him to 50 (need to work on my stamina).

Going to try to give FF1 160 another go tonight. Any tips? My main issue (apart from being rubbish at this game and no native wall) is my lack of MC3s, which I can only get from beating 160s....

Team i've been trying was:
Ramza (99) (have shout)
ZIdane (80) OSB
Kuja (80) BSB
Selphie (80) BSB
Yuna (80) for miracle veil

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

M Woof posted:

Going to try to give FF1 160 another go tonight. Any tips? My main issue (apart from being rubbish at this game and no native wall) is my lack of MC3s, which I can only get from beating 160s....

Team i've been trying was:
Ramza (99) (have shout)
ZIdane (80) OSB
Kuja (80) BSB
Selphie (80) BSB
Yuna (80) for miracle veil
A well geared Orlandeau OSB will 1) one shot Lich and Kraken and 2) cover the holy and lightning medal conditions, and 3) allow for near instant casting of Full Charge by somebody with combat 5 against the second and 4th bosses.

What other SB's/BSB's do you have available? Particularly physical ones? Running both Selphie and Yuna is probably going to hold you back if you try the full offense of a TG Cid start, but Iran probably worth dropping one and doing it if you have anyone else you can bring in.

• Locked thread