Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.
For someone who used to be terrified of him, Supreme Kai sure had no confidence in Buu huh. Also i'm calling it now, the Universe 9 fighters are all androids.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IWW Online Branch
Apr 20, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I have to admit, I kind of don't like Gohan in the orange gi. It just makes him look like a knockoff Goku.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

It is 2017 and I just witnessed a serious fight featuring Majin Buu and a dog man. What a time to be alive.

Flubby
Feb 28, 2006
Fun Shoe
79 spoilers. I'm so glad someone remembers Buu is a total indestructible monster. Everyone seems so powered down lately. I loved that everyone was shocked he got up with a huge hole in him. Buu is still abnormal, multiverse or not. Now I just hope at some point someone remembers Gohan became even stronger than Buu.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Flubby posted:

79 spoilers. I'm so glad someone remembers Buu is a total indestructible monster. Everyone seems so powered down lately. I loved that everyone was shocked he got up with a huge hole in him. Buu is still abnormal, multiverse or not. Now I just hope at some point someone remembers Gohan became even stronger than Buu.

it looks like he reattains mystic form in the op

AndwhatIseeisme
Mar 30, 2010

Being alive is pretty much a constant stream of embarrassment.
Fun Shoe
I'm glad Gohan's opponent is a murderous psychopath, because it makes it unlikely that he'll lose to him. I'm not sure whether I would rather see U7 make a clean sweep of these games, or for Goku to be the only member of the team to lose. Best case scenario would be that Goku doesn't get to fight, Satan has to be the third contender for some contrived reason, and then he still manages to win. Cue all the gods in the multiverse chanting "Hail Satan" in unison.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

ok I guess I'm on board the "Goku is Evil" train. Not exactly evil though, but now I'm starting to believe that the Moral Question of Goku is actually going to be a real thing the show is going to either try to address or make apparent. If you read the lyrics for the ED, that's pretty much what it's about.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

TrilliontonNixon posted:

I have to admit, I kind of don't like Gohan in the orange gi. It just makes him look like a knockoff Goku.

It makes him look like Android Saga Yamcha. I actually thought that's who it was in the promo material for a good while.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Buu and Satan are the best

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Dragonball is really one of those shows that makes you sound like you're making poo poo up if you describe it.

"And in this episode the pink bubblegum genie who is best friends with Satan battles a super high speed furry who powers up using drugs for the pleasure of the twin godheads."

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Eopia posted:

For someone who used to be terrified of him, Supreme Kai sure had no confidence in Buu huh. Also i'm calling it now, the Universe 9 fighters are all androids.

Buu fighting to save the universe while Supreme Kai cheers him on is a complete 180 from the Buu Arc. :allears:

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole

TrilliontonNixon posted:

I saw a pic of teen Gohan in the orange gi (I think it was from the Bojack movie) and I had the most uncomfortable feeling. I'd like to see him in the demon gi again, or even the Kai one he never actually wore in a fight.

Buu busting out that blast (was it meant to be a Kamehameha or just generic I wonder) was pretty hardcore. Guy knows how to make a spectacle of things.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Would Zeno be impressed by Great Saiyinman?

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

TrilliontonNixon posted:

Like I said before, Gohan should only wear either the Piccolo gi or the Great Saiyaman outfit. :colbert:

Tracksuit is also acceptable.

Electric Phantasm posted:

I would love it if every other universe thought the Great Saiyaman was cool as hell.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

My man Majin Buu pulled through in his big match! :unsmith:

I'm so happy he got a good battle in Super.

Azathoth256
Mar 30, 2010

Rhonne posted:

Like I said before, Gohan should only wear either the Piccolo gi or the Great Saiyaman outfit. :colbert:

Tracksuit is also acceptable.

I would love it if every other universe thought the Great Saiyaman was cool as hell.

Well, there has to be at least one universe without taste.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Calaveron posted:

I was laughing throughout the entire thing but I started howling when Piccolo showed up 14 minutes in during the Bojack movie and it's like UNKA [GIBBERISH] IS HEEAH Piccolo: [garbled saturated unintelligible audio]

That fuckin wrecked me too. Talk about comedic timing.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

When was the last time Buu actually used his bubble gum self-regenerative powers before this episode?

I feel like its been quite a while since we actually saw that. Like, pre-Kid Buu era stuff.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Raxivace posted:

When was the last time Buu actually used his bubble gum self-regenerative powers before this episode?

I feel like its been quite a while since we actually saw that. Like, pre-Kid Buu era stuff.

He hasn't really been in a fight since then.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Buu fighting to save the universe while Supreme Kai cheers him on is a complete 180 from the Buu Arc. :allears:

He does that in the Buu Arc already!

Glaric
Oct 9, 2011

That's just sad.

Sure, kids love tokusatsu.

So It Goes
Feb 18, 2011

AndwhatIseeisme posted:

I'm glad Gohan's opponent is a murderous psychopath, because it makes it unlikely that he'll lose to him. I'm not sure whether I would rather see U7 make a clean sweep of these games, or for Goku to be the only member of the team to lose. Best case scenario would be that Goku doesn't get to fight, Satan has to be the third contender for some contrived reason, and then he still manages to win. Cue all the gods in the multiverse chanting "Hail Satan" in unison.

This makes me wish Satan was chosen as the 10th fighter over Roshi in the actual tourney, with the writers somehow finding a way to have him end up the champion of the multiverse tournament. I guess they've gone down that path before but still.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Well I mean, he hasn't really gotten hurt at all to warrant using it. Beerus spun him into paste when Buu took the pudding, but that's about it.

Also, I found it funny that the Universe 9 Kai seems way more ruthless than the God of Destruction. Makes me wonder what Elephant man is like.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Aurora posted:

He does that in the Buu Arc already!

Okay, aside from the fight against Kid Buu.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

ImpAtom posted:

He hasn't really been in a fight since then.
I guess. I don't remember him really doing it in GT either but well GT.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Raxivace posted:

I guess. I don't remember him really doing it in GT either but well GT.

Honestly I can't remember a single thing he did in GT besides become Majuub.

Man, what a goddamn waste of everything that was.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

I hope Old Kai comments about Gohan's power next episode.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Momomo posted:

Well I mean, he hasn't really gotten hurt at all to warrant using it. Beerus spun him into paste when Buu took the pudding, but that's about it.

Also, I found it funny that the Universe 9 Kai seems way more ruthless than the God of Destruction. Makes me wonder what Elephant man is like.

I found the Universe 9 Supreme Kai laughing like crazy while Sidra the Destroyer was like "Isn't this going a bit too far." quite funny.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

I'm honestly kind of bothered by the fact that everyone from Universe 9 seems to be an amoral rear end in a top hat (except Sidra who seems like a cool guy). Why are they all dicks? I know Arrogant Kung-Fu Guy is a thing, but come on. :argh:

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

That's why I'm not terribly bothered if Universe 7 just sweeps them. They're pretty clearly fodder enemies, so the most they can probably do is restore our faith in Buu and Gohan. Please, please, please let Gohan win.

Kithkar
Apr 23, 2011

I'm gonna RENOVATE your ass!

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

I'm honestly kind of bothered by the fact that everyone from Universe 9 seems to be an amoral rear end in a top hat (except Sidra who seems like a cool guy). Why are they all dicks? I know Arrogant Kung-Fu Guy is a thing, but come on. :argh:

Because they God of Destruction seems relatively nice. Gotta keep that balance.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

That Universe 9 Kai looks like he's been doing some of those drugs anyways.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Momomo posted:

That's why I'm not terribly bothered if Universe 7 just sweeps them. They're pretty clearly fodder enemies, so the most they can probably do is restore our faith in Buu and Gohan. Please, please, please let Gohan win.

Gohan has got to get motivated to unlock his full potential again like in the OP somehow.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I love that we have a universe where the SK is sleazy crime boss (SPECIFICALLY sleazy as opposed to Zamasu's er... god... complex) while the GoD goes "uh, hey, maybe this is a bit much?"

actually I love pretty much everyone on the roster, I have high hopes for Evil Clown God

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Well the Supreme Kai was probably the one who picked the fighters for this, so it would make sense that an rear end in a top hat like him picked a group of murders to be his team. Meanwhile Sidra is just like, "okay guys, calm down".

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

I kind of hope Clown Kai hates anything silly or comedic, especially gag characters. The anti-Toriyama.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Speaking of the clown, what was up with the cloak dude that is with him that absorbed the blast Buu knocked back? Why are you in a cloak dude?

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Speaking of the clown, what was up with the cloak dude that is with him that absorbed the blast Buu knocked back? Why are you in a cloak dude?

It's this guy

Appearntly he is the leader a super hero team or something from U 11. Also he is considered a candidate for becoming a God of Destruction.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
I recognize that the Dragon Ball cast are really getting up there in terms of power level, but Buu is like a cosmic-level threat, isn't he? How does anyone beat Buu short of him getting bored or something?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Vaporize him in a single huge blast, or alternatively you could do what Kid Buu did and just pummel him into submission.

• Locked thread