Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

The importance of this mission cannot be overemphasized

Brolander posted:

turn down speakers and
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k8PSYorL1cE on repeat is working fine for me
Why was it when I first clicked on this it was some old white guy playing an accordion and now it isn't?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Dejan Bimble posted:

Live rap isnt good performed except for a few people, that's why the 'live rap album' isn't something that exists. its more about the audience all yelling the lyrics together and the energy
It's weird that Anderson Paak is literally only good live

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel

tanglewood1420 posted:

Why was it when I first clicked on this it was some old white guy playing an accordion and now it isn't?

i have no idea what you're talking about, perhaps you are thinking of james harden's entrance music

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel

see i figured it was because he's just Fun or something and it seems im correct again

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
Live performed rap was probably at its peak when it was like 40% of the show and the dj was 70% of the show. You can sort of singsong ab/ab rap a lot easier than neverending hook pop stuff or anything with live internal rhyme

I've been thinking about this ever since I saw DMX and Snoop dog in jr high

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

dj khaled seems like the type of guy who'd bite james brown's cape bit but then be legitimately too exhausted to get out of the cape

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

Noob asks "why do ppl like DJ khaled"

I respond "heh *in lovely impersonation voice* LION, DOVE SOAP, we the best, the keys to success, MAJOR KEY, clear the pathway to success

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

what does gary payton know about dunking?

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

RTJ is good live. One of the better shows I've been to was indie rap, but he had drums/guitar along with which helps. Part of it is just a poo poo house mix half the time

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

This is the funniest loving thing

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

AggressivelyStupid posted:

RTJ is good live. One of the better shows I've been to was indie rap, but he had drums/guitar along with which helps. Part of it is just a poo poo house mix half the time
I thought RTJ was bad but I saw them at a festival

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

straight up brolic posted:

Noob asks "why do ppl like DJ khaled"

I respond "heh *in lovely impersonation voice* LION, DOVE SOAP, we the best, the keys to success, MAJOR KEY, clear the pathway to success

You smart

You loyal

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

"high flying" glenn robinson III

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

It's weird that Anderson Paak is literally only good live

He does a really good fusion of the sort of james brown funk era sing talking and contemporary stuff, it doesnt rely on a lot of reverb or the sort of mixing that doesn't work well live

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

I thought Fat Joe was dead? Or is that Big Pun?

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Dominique looks kinda frayed out

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
I am still getting over Fat Joe performing a Beyonce hook

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel
he's no jackie gleason

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I really hope this doesn't turn into a Blake Griffin Coronation again

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Kendrick Lamar is really good live. So is Jay-Z and Danny Brown. Nas was not and neither was Eminem. Lil Wayne was terrible. I saw Wiz Khalifa at a festival once and it was actually good because he didn't have enough songs so the DJ just played sweet remixes of classics.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

I might Derrick Jones at Summer League outside the arena when he was waiting for his loving mom or someone to pick him up because he didn't stay with the team at the hotel

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

I thought RTJ was bad but I saw them at a festival

The single best show I ever went to had an absolute wizard for the house audio guy, it's extremely important to the quality of a live show. Otherwise it just ends up being yelling over a backing track

de curry GOAT
Oct 23, 2005

BWV posted:

Kendrick Lamar is really good live. So is Jay-Z and Danny Brown. Nas was not and neither was Eminem. Lil Wayne was terrible. I saw Wiz Khalifa at a festival once and it was actually good because he didn't have enough songs so the DJ just played sweet remixes of classics.

I wonder about these atlanta acts. like 21 savage

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel
from just watching clips derrick jones is going to wow us, if they're all putbacks

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

The importance of this mission cannot be overemphasized
Should Derrick Jones be allowed to take part in this? He's barely an NBA player. If you're inviting him you may as well get the guy from youtube who dunks wearing a spiderman costume.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

I'm a Pacers fan and I've seen GR3 dunk like 2 times.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
i've never felt worse about typing anything in my life but the best rap show i've ever seen was wale with a go-go band back in the WALEDANCE days

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Redgrendel2001 posted:

I thought Fat Joe was dead? Or is that Big Pun?

That's big pun you savage!!!

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
DUNKING OVER KHALED LMAO

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

AggressivelyStupid posted:

The single best show I ever went to had an absolute wizard for the house audio guy, it's extremely important to the quality of a live show. Otherwise it just ends up being yelling over a backing track

I saw Stromzy in Toronto and the sound was terrible and everyone was yelling but it worked out because grime music is hosed and seems to thrive in such conditions

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Dejan Bimble posted:

Live rap isnt good performed except for a few people, that's why the 'live rap album' isn't something that exists. its more about the audience all yelling the lyrics together and the energy

RTJ owns. Chance is great live, Kanye is amazing.

It's about putting on a great show.

hitze
Aug 28, 2007
Give me a dollar. No, the twenty. This is gonna blow your mind...

someone gonna get hosed up here

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

He's a clipper so I expect this to kill him

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

oh gently caress you DJ

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

That was sick

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

xbilkis posted:

I am still getting over Fat Joe performing a Beyonce hook

Did you hear the story about Stephen Jackson standing up when some people attacked a Terror Squad table at a club, other people ran, after that Fat Joe secretly hadtwo TS guys follow Jack around to make sure he was safe from retaliation for a year. Stephen Jackson was paranoid, didn't know who they were until he finally came up to them and they were wearing Terror Squad chains

Fat Joe is a new york legend

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
I'd be having a heart attack if I was Steve Ballmer

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

BWV posted:

Yeah Kendrick has been unreal when I've seen him. A$AP Rocky was the worst but it was at a festival and he was better when I saw him before Live.Love.ASAP came out

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel
see i dont have snapchat or anything i guess thats why i dont know too much

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Rip Khaled

• Locked thread