Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Defiant Sally
May 6, 2004

Focus your Orochi.
Does it make a difference whether I get this on Steam or Uplay? Also, does Ubisoft seem interested in the longevity of this game with regard to fixing bugs/balancing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
I kinda think counter guard break is really bad for the game's design because it totally negates the primary means of breaking someone trying to block aside from mixups involving unblockables, which are available to 3(maybe 4) classes.

If you actually had to counter a guard break with an attack and the game was balanced around that, it would significantly improve things.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011
Just ended a dominion match with a catapult shot. God this game owns.

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

Panzeh posted:

I kinda think counter guard break is really bad for the game's design because it totally negates the primary means of breaking someone trying to block aside from mixups involving unblockables, which are available to 3(maybe 4) classes.

If you actually had to counter a guard break with an attack and the game was balanced around that, it would significantly improve things.

So it would turn into spamming attacks.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

Keegers posted:

So it would turn into spamming attacks.

Oh boy, you would actually have to attack in this game.

Literally the only thing that stops you from cgb in a normal situation is not being able to do it while dodging. This results in staring contests unless your class has an unblockable-guard break mixup.

I mean, this isn't a huge deal in most games, but when people get good and can time the cgb correctly, you will get staring contests.

panda clue
May 23, 2014
here we go again

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!
Just watched a stream where a Lawbringer was specced for all three(?) of his bombs, feat cooldown and sprint speed. Dude was duo queued with a sprint speed conquerer. They were fun-havers of the highest tier.

They were in 4v4, and started with running away, and teaming up on guys to feed kills to the lawbringer. The following rounds were bomb time. Conquerer kept people distracted while the Lawbomber was bombbringing bombs on them. It was pretty impressive.

The Lawbringer even had a cartoon bomb emblem.

Attack on Princess fucked around with this message at 04:24 on Feb 19, 2017

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

Donnerberg posted:

Just watched a stream where a Lawbringer was specced for all three(?) of his bombs, feat cooldown and sprint speed. Dude was duo queued with a sprint speed conquerer. They were fun-havers of the highest tier.

They were in 4v4, and started with running away, and teaming up on guys to feed kills to the lawbringer. The following rounds were bomb time. Conquerer kept people distracted while the Lawbomber was bombbringing bombs on them.

I remember playing against a 10-0 warden and had him dead to rights and then two circles just poped up beneath my feet and i was gone. Welp.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
Finally got around to beating the campaign, and got like 4000 steel and like 5 premium gear packages. Woulda done it sooner if I'd known that!

Now I've got a fancy hood ornament for my samurai :japan:

Donnerberg posted:

They were in 4v4, and started with running away, and teaming up on guys to feed kills to the lawbringer. The following rounds were bomb time. Conquerer kept people distracted while the Lawbomber was bombbringing bombs on them. It was pretty impressive.

The Lawbringer even had a cartoon bomb emblem.

These guys discovered the secret Grenadier class :haw:

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

Put some time into lawbringer and hes super fun to play. He will drag the match pace down to a snails crawl so that frustrates people pretty decently. Also in my frame testing his top light is actually among the faster attacks in the game so that's a nice little ditty.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
lawbringer top light is eight damage and doesn't confirm anything, but it is funny when people eat three or four in a row

how me a frog
Feb 6, 2014
I think it's kinda dumb that orders are for "Elimination" specifically rather than "Deathmatch", it's a whole nother reason to just quit if you end up in Skirmish.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

lawbringer top light is eight damage and doesn't confirm anything, but it is funny when people eat three or four in a row

top light does 15 though.

Dessel
Feb 21, 2011

Floppychop posted:

I play on PC and I have two monitors. I screenshot my move list and put it up on my opposite screen.

It's awesome. I can look back to it between deaths or matches.

poo poo, this is good advice.

I have 16 hours played on this game. I've played a single dominion game with a friend of mine + one with bots and him to check something.

Everything else has been the campaign and training against bots. I'm a terrible person and I'm learning Orochi but there's steady progress. Though I have to say, doing Dominion after you've gotten used to distraction free duel breaks my brain completely and I become a complete idiot in battles swinging wildly. (Not to mention the meta in dominion itself).

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Lol, came back after a few days and every matchmaking process goes on until it picks from every skill tier and i get put against someone who has prestiged 2-3 times already. The pop for this game must be really poo poo already. Sad!

I expected it to be the other way, that there would be more new players after a week or whatever, but i guess they either quit or nobody bothered buying the game in the first place.

panda clue
May 23, 2014

Dongattack posted:

Lol, came back after a few days and every matchmaking process goes on until it picks from every skill tier and i get put against someone who has prestiged 2-3 times already. The pop for this game must be really poo poo already. Sad!

Level has nothing to do with skill, and the population is more than fine. If anything, the matchmaking has issues for some people.

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747

panda clue posted:

Level has nothing to do with skill, and the population is more than fine. If anything, the matchmaking has issues for some people.

I must be one of those people then :(

panda clue
May 23, 2014

Dongattack posted:

I must be one of those people then :(

Everything about this game that isn't the actual combat is coded and designed like piss.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

Defiant Sally posted:

Does it make a difference whether I get this on Steam or Uplay? Also, does Ubisoft seem interested in the longevity of this game with regard to fixing bugs/balancing?

Ubisoft are still releasing updates and patches for the crew, a fairly average racing game which has been out for over 2 years

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

Evil Canadian posted:

top light does 15 though.

it depends *which* top light. the butt strike is 8 or 10 or something, which is the one that actually comes out quickly.

Dosvidanya
May 28, 2004

I don't advertise for free ;-*

how me a frog posted:

I think it's kinda dumb that orders are for "Elimination" specifically rather than "Deathmatch", it's a whole nother reason to just quit if you end up in Skirmish.

something they don't mention but you can go into the deathmatch queue screen and press f1 iirc and set it to prefer elimination

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

Entered the For Glory! For Honor 1v1 tourney.
Lost in my second round to keehu who went on to take 3rd place.

Lawbringer is legit busted and I hope they buff him, cause he's otherwise fun as hell and has the most awesome visual design by far.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

panda clue posted:

Everything about this game that isn't the actual combat is coded and designed like piss.

I don't think anyone will argue about that. The game is utter rear end to get into...but when you're in it's amazing.

At least the party/friend system stuff is better than BF1's Battlelog.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

it depends *which* top light. the butt strike is 8 or 10 or something, which is the one that actually comes out quickly.

Regular top light does 15, the only move lawbringer has that does 8 damage is his side lights if they are the 2nd or third hit in a combo.

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008
My raider lookin fresh to death. Your death.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

7c Nickel posted:

Lady shao kahn look is pretty boss.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

I mean we all know the faction system is confusing as all hell making no sense

All I want to know is aside from my war asset distribution, does it affect the rewards? Like if I play two knight characters should I pick that faction?

Also the P2P poo poo is pretty broken. Just had to force close for the second time. Also hate how much leavers pauses the game. Hope they start punishing leavers or rewarding you for not leaving idk

how me a frog
Feb 6, 2014

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

I mean we all know the faction system is confusing as all hell making no sense

All I want to know is aside from my war asset distribution, does it affect the rewards? Like if I play two knight characters should I pick that faction?

Also the P2P poo poo is pretty broken. Just had to force close for the second time. Also hate how much leavers pauses the game. Hope they start punishing leavers or rewarding you for not leaving idk

Did you not happen to notice that the overwhelming majority of xp you get is explicitly for staying until the end of the match?

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

if someone gets killed right away and leaves what do they care

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

Man I'm a hot pile of rear end with any class that isn't valk now, holy poo poo. Played a lot of warlord in the beta and now I can barely scrape out wins with him. I really need to work on my fundamentals. Maybe I should just suck it up and duel a bunch, been loving around too much in other modes.

ellbent
May 2, 2007

I NEVER HAD SOUL

Defiant Sally posted:

Not really. Worth noting though. If you buy the game on Uplay, you must buy all real-money DLC (Season Pass, etc) through Uplay. If you buy through Steam, you've got to buy all real-money DLC (Season Pass, etc) through Steam.

Gunder
May 22, 2003

Warlord chat: I keep trying to do his parry into a guard break move, but only about 20% of the time does he correctly zoom forward after parrying and connect the Guard Break, the rest of the time he just stands on the spot and whiffs a standard guard break animation, giving the opponent plenty of time to recover from the parry. It's really frustrating, as he doesn't get much out of a parry otherwise. I've tried varying the speed at which I press the guard break button, to no avail. What am I missing?

panda clue
May 23, 2014

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

if someone gets killed right away and leaves what do they care

While I agree people should be locked out of queuing for a short period if they habitually leave matches, I doubt these kind of people will keep playing this game for very long.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Dongattack posted:

I expected it to be the other way, that there would be more new players after a week or whatever, but i guess they either quit or nobody bothered buying the game in the first place.

This game has never cared about levels in the matchmaker, no matter the population. And there's clearly a lot of people playing this game since I've been poopsocking this poo poo all weekend and getting fast queues

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Yo no one tell anyone Conquerer is fun and good

SweetBro
May 12, 2014

Did you read that sister?
Yes, truly a shitposter's post. I read it, Rem.
Fun? Sure. Good? Debatable.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
i'm pretty sure I can't be defeated. Someone get in discord and prove me wrong.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
It took 5 minutes to type that. Get in now while the gettins good.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 26 days!

7c Nickel posted:

Saints Row, bitches

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

I just saw a valk with a non-blonde hair colour, how exactly do you change up a characters hair colours? I previewed the outfits don't seem to be that.