Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

quote:

“Ky got me thinking about that, though,” Green said on his Dray Day podcast for Uninterrupted, co-hosted by yours truly. “I’m rocking with Ky. … How do we stand on the earth if it’s round?”

quote:

“I haven’t heard anything Ky said, so I’m not sure what his argument was. But to think about that. They said we’ve got pictures of it being round. But I can take my panoramic camera right now and make this room round. So you can’t tell me a picture makes it round.”

WhyteRyce fucked around with this message at 04:20 on Feb 19, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ratzinc
Aug 14, 2004

MY BALLS ARE THE SIZE OF GRAPEFRUITS
Kyrie will never be part of the globetrotters with that way of thinking.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Is he gonna be in the league next year?

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
e: wrong thread

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

https://twitter.com/JaValeMcGee34/status/833154317297270785

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Someone forgot to tell this announcer

https://streamable.com/d258b

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Never forget

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yB7sUJpuljw

Javale got robbed hard.

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe

AggressivelyStupid posted:

Duke is trash though

Stephen Miller and Kyrie Irving ... the value of my degree is rapidly approaching zero.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

This is beautiful

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

attackmole posted:

This is beautiful

I need case no one notices, look at the name on the subscription label.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

warrior all-star weekend summary:

Durant: ignored by Westbrook
Klay: Choked
Draymon: Flat Earther
Curry: Choked against cancer outscored by DJ Khaled on Saturday

WhyteRyce fucked around with this message at 05:16 on Feb 19, 2017

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

WhyteRyce posted:

warrior all-star weekend summary:

Durant: ignored by Westbrook
Klay: Choked
Draymon: Flat Earther
Curry: Choked against cancer
Steph Curry has cancer?

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun
Eric Gordon proved the Earth is round, like a basketball, and will be remembered alongside Galileo and Copernicus in the ages to come

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Punkin Spunkin posted:

Steph Curry has cancer?

he could have cured it but instead he choked. thank god for that little kid who then showed up and taught him how to put the ball in the hoop.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Someone put an ant on a basketball and destroy Dray's world view stat.

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/THEKIDMERO/status/833154112657248258

chunkles posted:

Eric Gordon proved the Earth is round, like a basketball, and will be remembered alongside Galileo and Copernicus in the ages to come
EXCUSE ME THE EARTH IS ACTUALLY AN OBLATE SPHEROID

:goonsay:

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

BWV posted:

he could have cured it but instead he choked. thank god for that little kid who then showed up and taught him how to put the ball in the hoop.

The whole thing was kind of unfair to Curry and really cheapened a nice, heartfelt moment. Like, we had Ernie giving a touching speech and then Reggie is all like "YO YO LET ME AND MY CELEBRITY FRIENDS GET IN ON THIS ANTHONY ANDERSON WHERE YOU AT LET'S ALL BRO HUG"

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

I liked when everyone was jacking shots at the end though

Also how dj Khaled made more 3s than Reggie.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
What a lovely dunk contest also Kristaps youve come so far my son

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

That dunk contest was trash. :lol: at them giving a 50 in the first round on a completely average dunk.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

The dunk contest made me sad so I watched this again: https://streamable.com/7dyb

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

The dunk contest made me sad so I watched this again: https://streamable.com/7dyb

still unreal

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

gordan's under both legs dunk is sick as hell

Ishin
Dec 31, 2008

~the animatronic spirit of
so many forgotten waves

Tae posted:

Never forget

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yB7sUJpuljw

Javale got robbed hard.

Not even his best dunk of the night. The two hoops is my favorite.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a6E4X61BNWk

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Remember when the dunk contest was just some weird nebulas team dunk showcase and then they did one dunk each and they just kind of decided John Wall won

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
That has to be up there with the wheel of dunks as the actual worst contest of all time

Didn't mclemore dunk over Shaq in a throne or something weird

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Ben McLemore had a 720 dunk lined up but Shaq insisted on inserting his stupid self in

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Am I misrembering or was the year when paul george tried to do a failed glow in the dark dunk still slighty worse?

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

Ishin posted:

Not even his best dunk of the night. The two hoops is my favorite.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a6E4X61BNWk

When the winner was Blake Griffin dunking over the bumper of a Kia you know the contest is done.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Paul Zuvella posted:

Remember when the dunk contest was just some weird nebulas team dunk showcase and then they did one dunk each and they just kind of decided John Wall won

The one thing I did like about that was the tournament style thing where two dunkers would do their thing and then the refs decided who was better. That's way better than every dunk being between 46-50 with most of them 50s.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Boston people: what's the deal with Jaylen Brown?

Seems like there's a huge gulf between the fanbase's love for the guy and his actual production. Is he Showing Flashes that suggest he might legitimately turn into something spectacular, or is it just homerism making people go "we have a young guy that's pretty good occasionally! We've struck it rich!"

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

xbilkis posted:

Boston people: what's the deal with Jaylen Brown?

Seems like there's a huge gulf between the fanbase's love for the guy and his actual production. Is he Showing Flashes that suggest he might legitimately turn into something spectacular, or is it just homerism making people go "we have a young guy that's pretty good occasionally! We've struck it rich!"

? Who talks about Jaylen Brown

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Simmons said they wouldn't trade this year's Nets pick + Brown for Paul George, because "They’re too high on Brown. (And it’s justified.)" plus other internet Celtics fans I've seen seem to be gaga over him.

I know all internet sports fans are stupid (Simmons included), but I was just curious where the excitement stemmed from

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

xbilkis posted:

Simmons said they wouldn't trade the 17 pick + Brown for Paul George, because "They’re too high on Brown. (And it’s justified.)" plus other internet Celtics fans I've seen seem to be gaga over him.

I know all internet sports fans are stupid (Simmons included), but I was just curious where the excitement stemmed from

He's an athletic rookie who is performing better than most of the other rookies, I guess. It's silly to judge players too harshly until their third season so I don't think too much about it. I don't really sense all that much excitement about him from the reasonable fans I know and Bill Simmons has a brain of porridge so that's probably the reason

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Dikembe thinking he needs to record this dunk
https://streamable.com/mb8ae

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
For real though between the legs dunks are getting as played out as everyone doing free throw line dunks 10 years ago

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
The first dunk contest was in
Colorado in front of a bunch of white people who never saw a flashy dunk before. As the years go by, more and more dunks have become boring and overdone. We just have to accept the fact that dunk contest dunks are getting progressively more boring compared to in game dunks.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Doltos posted:

The first dunk contest was in
Colorado in front of a bunch of white people who never saw a flashy dunk before. As the years go by, more and more dunks have become boring and overdone. We just have to accept the fact that dunk contest dunks are getting progressively more boring compared to in game dunks.
Last year was the best dunk contest ever

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

straight up brolic posted:

it owned but the VC/TMac/Francis is canon. You can't change history

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

straight up brolic posted: