Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

there was that bridge in the midwest that fell over a few years ago too

idk i think it'll take some pretty dramatic white death before anyone's spurred to action

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpot
Nov 12, 2016

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

the great deceiver posted:

i personally hope that we dont fix our infrastructure and fail to learn anything at all

Fingers crossed

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

OMGVBFLOL posted:

idk i think it'll take some pretty dramatic white death before anyone's spurred to action

I doubt even dramatic white death would make much difference at this point. Everyone is ready with the "you reap what you sow" for being democrat/republican/libertarian/gay/etc. As long as people are more concerned with spitefully assigning blame than fixing the problems, nothing will get better. Literally better to die in a preventable disaster that you can smugly blame on the other team than to take any of the blame for letting things get that bad in the first place.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

OMGVBFLOL posted:

I know like four people who drove over that bridge the day it collapsed lol. Thirteen people died, over a hundred wounded. Of course there's been little/no infrastructure improvement there in the meantime.

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.

food court bailiff posted:

I know like four people who drove over that bridge the day it collapsed lol. Thirteen people died, over a hundred wounded.

How do you think they would have voted

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

Whichever way upsets you most, sorry.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Toadvine posted:

How do you think they would have voted

It doesn't matter which way the people died voted. It's still the fault of the [INSERT A RANDOM POLITICAL PARTY HERE]

ArgumentatumE.C.T.
Nov 5, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Well I guess this is cool that the people working on all this have their poo poo together well enough that they averted a disaster, and now they've got things under control. It's good to see government workers that are good at their job.

I was really jonesing for California's Katrina, though. :sigh:

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

ArgumentatumE.C.T. posted:

I was really jonesing for California's Katrina, though. :sigh:

That’ll be the 2020 quake.

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Platystemon posted:

That’ll be the 2020 quake.

That would be nothing like Katrina.

If a serious earthquake hits LA and harms a celebrity it will be portrayed worse than the holocaust with a new national holiday and nonstop 24/7 news coverage for the next five years.

Also they've cut output from 100,000 to 55,000 so maybe we will get to see that obliterated spillway next week.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Space Crabs posted:

If a serious earthquake hits LA and harms a celebrity it will be portrayed worse than the holocaust with a new national holiday and nonstop 24/7 news coverage for the next five years.

You’re not wrong.

Think of how long the topic of :airquote: Hurricane :airquote: Sandy stayed around.

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010
The lake has been consistently draining since last week, so I doubt it. I think they'll more on top of it than they were before.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

food court bailiff posted:

I know like four people who drove over that bridge the day it collapsed lol. Thirteen people died, over a hundred wounded. Of course there's been little/no infrastructure improvement there in the meantime.

My girlfriend's sister was on the school bus full of kids you see in all the pictures of it.

MageMage
Feb 11, 2007

I SUCK AND LOVE TO YELL PERFORMATIVE HOT TAKES AND NONSENSE LIES WHEN I GET WORKED UP. SOMETIMES AUTOBANNED IS BETTER. MAYBE ONE DAY WHEN I STORM OFF I'LL ACTUALLY STOP SHITTING UP THE SITE FOR REAL

chico is a town i really wish i could like but it's just so gross. oroville sucks and paradise was definitely misnamed

Paradise rules, you shut your whoremouth

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

MageMage posted:

paradise rules if you like the sight of beautiful, ancient redwood trees towering over trailers that have been extended with fiberboard and meth labs, yes

Streak
May 16, 2004

by Nyc_Tattoo

MageMage posted:

please do not use slurs here on the something awful dot com forums

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

Space Crabs posted:

Also they've cut output from 100,000 to 55,000 so maybe we will get to see that obliterated spillway next week.

it would be like katrina in the sense that it would be a huge regional disaster affecting millions of people across an entire region, but would be remembered solely for the affect it had on the narrow slice of one city rich people like to visit

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

the free market will sort this out

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

why the feds worried bout me clockin on this corner/
when there's politicians out here gettin popped in arizona
well there is another big storm heading in tomorrow and all residents of the sacramento valley who live near rivers, creeks etc are being warned to prepare for potential evacuations at a moments notice. i live a block from the sacramento river levee so i am currently boxing up my most precious valuables like my anime blu-ray collection

other people
Jun 27, 2004
Associate Christ
do you have to notify your parole officer before you leave or is there an exemption for mandatory evacuations?

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

well there is another big storm heading in tomorrow and all residents of the sacramento valley who live near rivers, creeks etc are being warned to prepare for potential evacuations at a moments notice. i live a block from the sacramento river levee so i am currently boxing up my most precious valuables like my anime blu-ray collection

Forecasters with the National Weather Service offered a stark warning Sunday for just about everyone living in the soggy, soaked Central Valley.

“Pretty much anybody needs to be prepared for the possibility that they may have to evacuate quickly,” said Sacramento meteorologist Brooke Bingaman.

Though most of the Valley had avoided further flooding by Sunday evening, the worst may be yet to come Monday and Tuesday, Bingaman said.

http://www.sacbee.com/news/weather/article133714379.html

Dam update, still pouring concrete and ROCK BAGS.

Dread Head
Aug 1, 2005

0-#01
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yxgtyOfwrj8

You can really see how much work they have done, how much lower the lake is and how ruined the main spillway is!

meatgetsdirty
Apr 18, 2008
I moved from Chico to Arkansas. On purpose. It's an improvement

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

other people posted:

do you have to notify your parole officer before you leave or is there an exemption for mandatory evacuations?

Ankle monitors are a handy way of locating and identifying corpses! :eng101:

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Dread Head posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yxgtyOfwrj8

You can really see how much work they have done, how much lower the lake is and how ruined the main spillway is!

Yeah I didn't believe them at the press conference when they said the main spillway had eroded as much as it was going to and wouldn't suffer further damage from turning the water up.

It's pretty much destroyed now and they managed to clog up the river which has kept the dam's power plant from working. They did manage to drop the lake by 50 feet though so it should be fine unless those storms are ridiculous.

I really doubt that thin layer of concrete they sprayed everywhere will actually help anything.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Space Crabs posted:

Yeah I didn't believe them at the press conference when they said the main spillway had eroded as much as it was going to and wouldn't suffer further damage from turning the water up.

It's pretty much destroyed now and they managed to clog up the river which has kept the dam's power plant from working. They did manage to drop the lake by 50 feet though so it should be fine unless those storms are ridiculous.

I really doubt that thin layer of concrete they sprayed everywhere will actually help anything.

Don't worry, concrete on less than stable and soaked earth is totally going to stand up to the amounts of water that would hit if it got high again. Rain isn't a problem either! The best part is somewhere an environmental engineer is crying because they didn't get to put down billions of dollars in adding 8 different kinds of rocks too. :jerkbag:

ArgumentatumE.C.T.
Nov 5, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Space Crabs posted:

Well that doesn't look like the spillway itself suffered further damage. The hill next to it just fell apart to the point that the first 50,000 cfs go that way. Maybe the hill will keep falling apart all the way to the dam itself and the waters of chaos will spill forth and the gloRY OF SATAN WILL BE KNOWN TO ALL! HAIL SATAN! HAIL SATAN!

But yeah the actual concrete of the main spillway doesn't seem to have changed, as far as I can see.

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

PathAsc posted:

Don't worry, concrete on less than stable and soaked earth is totally going to stand up to the amounts of water that would hit if it got high again. Rain isn't a problem either! The best part is somewhere an environmental engineer is crying because they didn't get to put down billions of dollars in adding 8 different kinds of rocks too. :jerkbag:

~^*fartz*^~

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

OMGVBFLOL posted:

~^*fartz*^~

You poo poo my pants:argh:

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.
How y'all doing out west?

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

:jpmf:
drat.

Is it true that parts of I-5 are flooded out due to the same storms?

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010
I think I-5 is somewhat flooded intermittently, but not to the extent that traffic can't pass through.

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
It would be funny if they made the flooding a lot worse by blasting millions of cubic feet of water down the river into a floodplain right before historic storms.

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

Javid posted:

drat.

Is it true that parts of I-5 are flooded out due to the same storms?

is that today? holy hell

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

:jpmf:

Space Crabs posted:

It would be funny if they made the flooding a lot worse by blasting millions of cubic feet of water down the river into a floodplain right before historic storms.

I get the impression it's a choice of do it now in a controlled manner or it's ALL puking out when the dam decides to give it up.

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

"Hey, where did Steve go?"
Design by Kamoc
This is going to be SO goddamn expensive.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Javid posted:

I get the impression it's a choice of do it now in a controlled manner or it's ALL puking out when the dam decides to give it up.

That second option sounds epic.

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

other people posted:

im on informal probation now so i dont have to notify my PO about poo poo and lol if they really think anyone would actually notify them in case of an evacuation

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

some parts of 5 had been slightly flooding here in sac. when you drive i5 thru sacramento the freeway hugs the sacramento river levee for like 10 miles so lol if that breaks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

What's a hole doing in my TARDIS?

I look forward to Trump's extensive plans for federal disaster relief.

• Locked thread