Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Sexual Aluminum posted:

Huh. That's a strange way to spell Enrique.

Never marry the help, no matter how sweet their songs or dexterous their tongues and fingers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Jankenstein
Aug 6, 2009

Hold the newsreader's nose squarely, waiter, or friendly milk will countermand my trousers.

Phlegmish posted:

Grocery shopping is easy, getting all that poo poo home can be a hassle. Only time I regret not having a car (that, and when moving). I can kind of see the appeal of home delivery for that reason.

Yeah, we've started doing all our heavy stuff as delivery once a month. Google express has Costco. We do our Costco shopping once a month and get it delivered.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
My main issue grocery shopping is that I live alone so I need to pay attention to use by dates (yes, I can taste the difference when past the date) to make sure I can finish it before it expires, like a loaf of bread has to have a date 4 days after I buy it, unless I'm using it on the day of purchase in which case it only needs to last the next 3 days. Similarly milk - sometimes I have a little left over that I can't use in time, so I need to be careful there too.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

AA is for Quitters posted:

Yeah, we've started doing all our heavy stuff as delivery once a month. Google express has Costco. We do our Costco shopping once a month and get it delivered.

Woah this is the first I've heard of Google Express.

BioEnchanted posted:

My main issue grocery shopping is that I live alone so I need to pay attention to use by dates (yes, I can taste the difference when past the date) to make sure I can finish it before it expires, like a loaf of bread has to have a date 4 days after I buy it, unless I'm using it on the day of purchase in which case it only needs to last the next 3 days. Similarly milk - sometimes I have a little left over that I can't use in time, so I need to be careful there too.

It's just my wife and I and Costco owns but essentially what we do is buy a bunch of stuff and then share it around with our neighbors and family. Like hell yeah killer deal on 3 pounds of fresh, washed and ready-to-use broccoli for 5 bucks but there are limits to two people.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

BioEnchanted posted:

dang dude bread lasts me like 2 weeks, how many people live with you

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

mandatory lesbian posted:

Probably fresh-bakery bread, that lasts *maybe* two days for us. Usually we freeze what we don't eat and defrost as needed.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

BioEnchanted posted:

That's a lot of bread to eat through in 4 days, though. We don't even buy bread if the date isn't a week in the future.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
lol whoops, i can't read when i've been drinking

or when i haven't :sweatdrop:

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

Turtlicious posted:

I mean yeah, everyone I knew was in Foster Care, and I grew up in Foster Care. Most "care givers" just collect a paycheck, there is no "life skills training" That's not what they're being paid for, they're being paid to feed and house you until you're 18, fullstop.

https://www.childwelfare.gov/topics/systemwide/statistics/childwelfare-foster/

That sucks balls. I understand foster care is sometimes better than the alternative but if you become a carer you're taking responsibility for helping a child become an adult.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
may I suggest buying rice

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Tired Moritz posted:

may I suggest buying rice

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
Someone should tell them what plastic's made out of

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Rice was made in Holland.

'nuff said

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

:stare: Any bread that lasts for two weeks without moulding or going stale is not made by natural ingredients.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Alhazred posted:

:stare: Any bread that lasts for two weeks without moulding or going stale is not made by natural ingredients.

You just pull the fuzzy parts off the bread. #BachelorLife

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

Alhazred posted:

Wow look at this bourgeois, caring about "natural" "ingredients" :rolleyes:

JnnyThndrs
May 29, 2001

HERE ARE THE FUCKING TOWELS
I just keep regular bread in the fridge, it lasts long enough for me to eat it that way. I usually toast it anyway, so it's not like I really notice.

But yeah, if I buy a fresh baguette or something, that fucker better be gone in 2 days or it's terrible, I end up giving it to the dogs.

OutsideAngel
May 4, 2008
Bake fresh bread, eat half, let the other half get stale, then make fondue. #SwissHacks

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Alhazred posted:

I preserve my bread with Natural Ice.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

sassassin posted:

I use a home grocery delivery service it's called a wife.

Which is great until you go to the store in the middle of the week because you need garbage bags and an hour later she's texting you asking why you spent $15 bucks at Target when she went shopping/is going shopping that weekend...

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

CobiWann posted:

Which is great until you go to the store in the middle of the week because you need garbage bags and an hour later she's texting you asking why you spent $15 bucks at Target when she went shopping/is going shopping that weekend...

Sounds like someone's bad at wife.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Solice Kirsk posted:

You just pull the fuzzy parts off the bread. #BachelorLife

After two weeks you pull the bread parts of the fuzz.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Without fuzzy bread we wouldn't have antibiotics. People should show it more respect.

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

JnnyThndrs posted:

I just keep regular bread in the fridge, it lasts long enough for me to eat it that way. I usually toast it anyway, so it's not like I really notice.

But yeah, if I buy a fresh baguette or something, that fucker better be gone in 2 days or it's terrible, I end up giving it to the dogs.

Putting bread in the fridge makes it go stale faster because something something starch.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

CobiWann posted:

lol if your marriage is so poo poo that 15$ makes somebody upset.

JnnyThndrs
May 29, 2001

HERE ARE THE FUCKING TOWELS

SiKboy posted:

Putting bread in the fridge makes it go stale faster because something something starch.

Yeah, I heard that too, but since I toast it, you can't really tell, and it keeps the mold away.

Cumslut1895
Feb 18, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Solice Kirsk posted:

Sounds like someone's bad at wife.

#WifeHacks

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)

CobiWann posted:

why is your wife only allowed to shop

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Alhazred posted:

Unless you do something like, you know, put it in the refrigerator. Keeps a lot longer that way.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Just eat rice. Lasts forever.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Len posted:

Does she bring everything in herself?

She probably just uses bags like everyone else.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

ToxicSlurpee posted:

Unless you do something like, you know, put it in the refrigerator. Keeps a lot longer that way.

Your bread skills are terrible. Terrible.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
Next they are going to say they keep butter in the fridge, or worse, potatoes

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

cakesmith handyman posted:

That sucks balls. I understand foster care is sometimes better than the alternative but if you become a carer you're taking responsibility for helping a child become an adult.

if you become a parent you're supposed to do the same and look how well that goes

Alhazred posted:

Your bread skills are terrible. Terrible.

it makes it last longer, and i care more about making it last then if its the perfect artisan taste or whatever

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

it makes it last longer, and i care more about making it last then if its the perfect artisan taste or whatever

It doesn't though? Like I suppose it's preserved in the sense of not molding but it certainly goes stale sooner when you refrigerate it. Freeze it then defrost it as you need.

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)
You can also just toast it if it's a little stale, sometimes that works

:smith:

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Microwave bread to drive out the moisture that made it stale.

#lifehack

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

People solved the stale bread problem thousands of years ago just turn it into bread crumbs or bread pudding stale bread is your friend.

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013

Mu Zeta posted:

People solved the stale bread problem thousands of years ago just turn it into bread crumbs or bread pudding stale bread is your friend.

Or French Toast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TapTheForwardAssist
Apr 9, 2007

Pretty Little Lyres

Mu Zeta posted:

Portuguese migas: just crumble up your hard dry bread, sprinkle some water or cheap wine on it to soften, and fry it in a pan with garlic, greens, and pork.