Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

I want bomberman to be good, but I believe it will be bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

If you don't buy Bomberman

That would be a

bummer man

EpicNemesis
Dec 3, 2005
I'm just saying I would rather spend the 50 bucks they are charging for that game on a really nice steak.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

OK, how about this then, straw poll:

If you had to choose between Bomberman or 1-2-Switch at launch, and you HAVE to buy at least one of them

:siren: Which game would you buy? :siren:

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Infinitum posted:

If you had to choose between Bomberman or 1-2-Switch at launch, and you HAVE to buy at least one of them

Neither of them? Zelda will probably last me at least until Fast RMX comes out.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

Bomb man

1 2 switch holds literally no interest for me whilst bomb is at least slightly fun looking

Looking forward to Jack box though

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Infinitum posted:

1-2-Switch, easy. I've got a good grip of friends (well, maybe like 3 or 4) who are just as big Nintendo fans as I am, we're all getting Switches on day one, and Mario Party has really run its course when it comes to group gaming sessions. I'm not actually buying it, but I do kinda hope one of them do.

Also I didn't like Bomberman 20 years ago and I still don't care for it now. It could be a subscriber freebie a la PS+ and I wouldn't even download it.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
bummerman

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Infinitum posted:

I'd cancel my Switch preorder. Some things just ain't worth dying for man.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
I wouldn't play either game but I'm far more willing to give money to Nintendo than Konami

Monos Bullet
Dec 6, 2016

Yea, and I say unto you, bringeth me a machiatto of caramel, with crickets on top.
Both would get boring quick but if you've played bomberman before than you're not even getting anything new and it allegedly runs bad. At least with 1 2 Switch you will be able to experience the probably only game to even feature HD rumble.

EpicNemesis
Dec 3, 2005
I'd choose 1,2 switch over bomberman. The giant bomb video has raised my interest in it to the point where I would be willing to pay 10 bucks for it. Can't say the same for bomberman.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
1 2 switcheroo

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

The best Bomberman.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-hDYz0-dA7k

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Anidav posted:

I will post pics of dog and bomberman making you all buy bomberman

I honestly hope you convince me to buy it but that would only happen if I am wrong and it is not as ugly as an ugly butt and also has bad AI as reported so far.

Basically,

tithin posted:

I want bomberman to be good, but I believe it will be bad

Infinitum posted:

1-2 Switch because even though it is probably way overpriced, it looks like actual love and loving effort went into it and it isn't an insult to the buyer in-and-of-itself.

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Tender Bender posted:

I agree with this, but where we differ I think is a distinction between things they never should have invested in in the first place (HD rumble for example) vs things they can save significant costs in the future without harming their console and its games. To cut HD rumble they would have to make sure their games moving forward don't use it, and write off the in-development games that do. And the end result would be saving an unclear but probably not large amount of money on Joycons. You think maybe $10 per pair? That problem is magnified immensely if you're talking about abandoning motion or single-joycon controls in favor of a device that basically only uses Pro controls. There are going to be games that use only pro controls, but given how central the idea of sharing the joycons is for multi-player, I don't see how you omit that completely without fracturing the playerbase.

You could make a portable-only Switch, but that's basically just a Switch without a dock. I wouldn't be surprised by a more powerful/compact Switch Plus in the future, but I don't see a path to such a device that omits TV output for a significant cost savings. You could definitely make a home-only Switch. That's the most realistic option, and it's possible demand and Nintendo's own goals will align in a way that makes that possible. Given the continued rise of mobile gaming, particularly in Japan, and Nintendo's own strengths, I don't think that's something they'll aim for unless the Switch REALLY bombs and they've got a 3DS successor waiting in the wings.

i mean considering every single portable chipset made since like 2008 or so has the capability to output HDMI over USB there would be a cost savings of about $0 by axing tv output

EpicNemesis
Dec 3, 2005

nigga crab pollock posted:

i mean considering every single portable chipset made since like 2008 or so has the capability to output HDMI over USB there would be a cost savings of about $0 by axing tv output

Yea but, like, if you multiply 0 times the amount of switches sold how much cost saving is that? Exactly. Just blew your mind.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

Infinitum posted:

I kill myself instead

Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

The pendulum of the mind alternates between sense and nonsense
12 Switch but only for the milking game.

With all the talk about the skins I've never bought a skin for anything and you're probably not going to convince me to buy one but I have a question for the real die hard skin fans who are going to try to convince me anyway.

Don't they eventually peel and get lovely with age, collect dead skin around their edges and in the cracks and stuff like that?

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
How I Learned to Switch and Love the Bomberman

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.

Infinitum posted:

Bomberman

My brother is getting a GameStop bundle that comes with 1-2-Switch so I'll just get it off of him once he gets bored with it

Mr Phillby
Apr 8, 2009

~TRAVIS~
"Bad AI" is pretty inconsequential for a bomberman game of all things. If you're playing bot matches you're doing it wrong.

Unless it's bad in some meaningful way i'll probs pick it up six months down the line when its a third of the price and i actually have four controllers.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Just a reminder that SNIPPERCLIPS is on track to be out on launch day

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
I wasn't gonna buy 1 2 Switch but then I saw the Giant Bomb video and I'm convinced that having fashion shows and counting balls with friends is gonna be good

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
Can people stop pretending that Zelda isn't a Switch exclusive? Like 2 or 3 dozen people own a Wii U. It might as well not even exist.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

We should hold a Bomberman Goon Tournament with a few copies of 1-2-Switch up for grabs.

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

Oh, Dee, you card. :-*
People getting fussy at Bomberman ai still makes no sense to me and I feel like people just wanna hate on it because there's nothing else to talk about. Out of the 42 console Bomberman games, goons are convinced the 42nd one has the worst AI programming with pretty much nothing but NeoGAF hearsay to back it up. I get it if it's not the 8 player game you're looking for but in a relatively weak launch lineup, I think it's solidly behind Zelda and in front of tech demos that weren't packed in with the system for some reason.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Maybe the AI was set to Beginner for the demos. :shrug:

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
None of the complaints in this thread are worthwhile except for my complaints re: Fire Emblem, the worst series

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

Jimmy Hats posted:

None of the complaints in this thread are worthwhile except for my complaints re: Fire Emblem, the worst series

It's good actually

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.

Jimmy Hats posted:

I got more mileage out of Awakening than I probably will out of Snipperclips

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Infinitum posted:

Don't force me to buy things

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

Soul Glo posted:

It's good actually

NOPE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7w5liw-5rcw

fireemblemderail.ppt

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

I got more mileage out of Awakening than I probably will out of Snipperclips

Sorry for your loss

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Nowi more like No Way!!!!!!!

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
Bummer, man?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Obligatory

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

Jimmy Hats posted:

NOPE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7w5liw-5rcw

fireemblemderail.ppt

Sorry for your loss

The Legend of Fire Emblem: Breasts of the Child

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

DoctorWhat who is the hot pick for the new Doctor?

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
I AM!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
When Nintendo drops the price to 250 dollars, what game will you guys decide to download for free?

• Locked thread