Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Pureauthor posted:

But they had no trouble with Universe 6 guys.

There's no one saying this Exhibition Match is actually best 2 out of 3 so it's actually completely possible for Universe 7 to sweep Universe 9 (and then Zenox2 erases Universe 9 because they're boring).

so you're saying that universe 7 ate 9

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Everyone should have a friend like Buu san, who will kill for you if you get hurt :3:

It was interesting to note that Zeno didn't like the Tenkaichi rule of a ring out

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Blockhouse posted:

Nah you're misremembering fat buu was a complete loving wrecking ball when he first showed up

Ssj3 goku was the only dude in his weight class

He may not be that strong now but the fact that hes the only dude to last more than two seconds against beerus before vegetas ragesplosion says hes still a big deal

again that was more due to the "totally unkillable" thing than anything

I mean he's obviously strong as hell, but defense was always his strongest point.

though it's hard to say since we never really see him fight seriously all that much and when he does it's when he's overmatched by miles, until now anyway

e:

Burkion posted:

The problem with Buu is that he can't really get any stronger outside of fusing with people. So long as the other fighters keep getting stronger, he'll steadily drop down bit by bit. Gohan is sure to overtake him just because we know for a fact Gohan can be more powerful.

tbf we don't actually know this, buu doesn't really care about or need training but he might be able to get stronger if he felt like it. your point still stands since he dgaf though

Yinlock fucked around with this message at 14:35 on Feb 19, 2017

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Buu is really boring and I hope now that we've seen his whole indestructible blob-man with a heart of gold repertoire we won't have to watch him fight again this arc.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Oh please, Buu didn't even start using his weird rear end magical powers (outside of healing satan... which I think might be the power he got from fusing with old supreme kai) or turning people into chocolate.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

AtomikKrab posted:

Oh please, Buu didn't even start using his weird rear end magical powers (outside of healing satan... which I think might be the power he got from fusing with old supreme kai) or turning people into chocolate.

Okay, he might be good during the actual tournament when Goku's team are the unrepentant monsters responsible for destroying universes (all while whining about other teams using PEDs).

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Carlosologist posted:

Everyone should have a friend like Buu san, who will kill for you if you get hurt :3:

It was interesting to note that Zeno didn't like the Tenkaichi rule of a ring out

It's Botamo's time to shine now!

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Carlosologist posted:

FINISH HIM!

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

Rudoku posted:

It's Botamo's time to shine now!

Botamo vs Buu where neither side can hurt the other and eventually both Zenos fall asleep watching that match.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Petiso posted:

What can you expect from a universe that has Voldemort as its God of Creation?

In Universe 9 they create new worlds that are all filled with assholes and then the God of Destruction has to step in and be like "okay hold on this is getting out of hand" and destroys the assholes

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

psymonkey posted:

This episode was great. My prediction for what happens is that Gohan get killed by this guy that is obsessed with killing people and then goes to the afterlife and the Kais make him a beast again and then Goku obliterates the final guy in a fit of rage for killing his son, then The Gang resurrects him in time for the real tournament which explains why they don't res Paikon or something.

edit: then in the quarter/semi finals it turns out U9 uses the FoxBalls to res their dude and he's hella strong and then Gohan F's him up.

Why would they bother to wish him back to life? You can leave the after life dead if King Yemma give you permission, and I think Yemma does not want to be erased! It is established fact that dead fighters in Dragonball have more endurance. The entire universe 7 team should kill themselves for an advantage.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Buu did a Kamehameha to kill a furry and it was good.

also the furry ate a fruit from the Tree of Might

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

I enjoyed the bit where Granny Goku tapped into her Goku Black voice when Goku was talking about how unsensable the furries are and how exciting that is to them, Goku is a jerk arc shaping up to be good stuff.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

a cartoon duck posted:

I enjoyed the bit where Granny Goku tapped into her Goku Black voice when Goku was talking about how unsensable the furries are and how exciting that is to them, Goku is a jerk arc shaping up to be good stuff.

I think Goku is going to get reamed out HARD by his friends after this exhibition match thing. He is going to have to tell every member of the Universe 7 team why they are fighting.

I really hope to the people of Earth find out whats happening too :twisted:

EndOfTheWorld
Jul 22, 2004

I'm an excellent critic! I automatically know when someone's done a bad job. Before you ask, yes it's a mixed blessing.
Cybernetic Crumb

Carlosologist posted:

It'd be cool if, for the tournament proper, instead of a budokai-style square ring, the participants fought on a small planet. Punch someone hard enough and they'll just fly back around!

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

EndOfTheWorld posted:

It'd be cool if, for the tournament proper, instead of a budokai-style square ring, the participants fought on a small planet. Punch someone hard enough and they'll just fly back around!

It would have to have the gravity of a neutron star for that to work at these power scales. Most punches would likely have enough energy to achieve escape velocity.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
So teleport them to King Kai planet to piss him off some more.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Gohan's probably going to whoop rear end for a bit but whatever happens to his eyes will allow him to be cheap shot ala Frost vs Goku & Pickles and that's going to piss Goku off because he likes a fair fight.

Maple Leaf
Aug 24, 2010

Let'en my post flyen true

Rutibex posted:

I think Goku is going to get reamed out HARD by his friends after this exhibition match thing. He is going to have to tell every member of the Universe 7 team why they are fighting.

I really hope to the people of Earth find out whats happening too :twisted:

Tell the whole of universe 7.
The final round of the tournament is a 10 v 10.
Goku sits out, making it 9 v 10 so he can charge the ultimate Spirit Bomb.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
By the way, you guys like to harp on about Goku not teaching people his poo poo but teach the fuckin' genkidama to someone for gently caress's sake it's probably one of the most effective things in the series and you should put a krillin in charge of it instead of the best fighter in the known universe

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Gohan is going to become kung fu Zatoichi.

After they kill the other universes he'll blindly wander the Earth with Pan-chan as kung fu Lone Wolf and kung fu Cub.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Dias posted:

By the way, you guys like to harp on about Goku not teaching people his poo poo but teach the fuckin' genkidama to someone for gently caress's sake it's probably one of the most effective things in the series and you should put a krillin in charge of it instead of the best fighter in the known universe

He doesn't need to, apparently people can learn that move spontaneously. It wouldn't help even if he did though, most of the team is not pure hearted enough to do it.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
Ah, that reminds me of Supersonic Warriors, where Goku came back to life for one day to teach Krillin the Spirit Bomb and Kaioken so he could defeat Cell.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Rutibex posted:

He doesn't need to, apparently people can learn that move spontaneously. It wouldn't help even if he did though, most of the team is not pure hearted enough to do it.

Krillin is a precious saint tho.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Dias posted:

Krillin is a precious saint tho.

The nimbus has spoken on Krillin :colbert:

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

Rutibex posted:

Then teach Lunch the Spirit Bomb.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole

Dias posted:

The spirit bomb has only worked once in finishing someone off, and it was only because Goku got restored and added more to it. Teaching the guys instant transmission or kaioken would be way more useful.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.
Goku is the hero we need; Buu is the hero we deserve.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Satan is the dad we need; Satan is the dad we deserve.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I am genuinely surprised we didn't get a filler episode dedicated to Launch with the way things were.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Ammat The Ankh posted:

She sneezes and it turns into a fiery ball of anger and hatred.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Ammat The Ankh posted:

This seems to be an "anything goes" tournament. I would support Blond Lunch competing with a utility belt of super weapon capsules made by Bulma. She would likely be more effective than Master Roshi.

Lunch would clean house until she fights the pepper monster from the condiment universe.

Rutibex fucked around with this message at 19:17 on Feb 19, 2017

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Rutibex posted:

This seems to be an "anything goes" tournament. I would support Blond Lunch competing with a utility belt of super weapon capsules made by Bulma. She would likely be more effective than Master Roshi.

She would clean house until she fights the pepper monster from the condiment universe.

I just have a feeling Roshi is going to defeat some cosmic level threat opponent with some kind of old kung fu master knowledge. There's a reason why "Literally Uses God Powers" Goku still goes to him for advice.

Edit: Condiment Universe sounds like it'd be a One Piece island/crew.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole

ImpAtom posted:

I am genuinely surprised we didn't get a filler episode dedicated to Launch with the way things were.

Considering Tien is part of the tournament, I wouldn't be surprised if they use her when Goku tries to get him to join.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Rutibex posted:

Krillin is far too human and capable of emotions like love to be ever pure-hearted.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Momomo posted:

Considering Tien is part of the tournament, I wouldn't be surprised if they use her when Goku tries to get him to join.

Because they spend so much time together?

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

sassassin posted:

Krillin is far too human and capable of emotions like love to be ever pure-hearted.

This is not the girlfriend of a pure hearted man:

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

Rutibex posted:

Hes not actually sitting on the cloud hes clinging onto Goku

Flubby
Feb 28, 2006
Fun Shoe

Augus posted:

I'm glad that Supreme Kai got to hug Beerus
His fur must be so smooth and comfortable.
I wanna hug a purple cat god too!

Does he even have fur? I always imagined him as being like one of those bald cats.
About Buu, if I remember right he's not supposed to be just annoyingly unkillable (able to regenerate out of the smoke cloud that got left behind when he got blasted into oblivion at one point, ffs), but he's supposed to be a fighting genius. I think SS3 Goku remarked that he thought he was just a big overpowered dummy, but it turns out he really knows how to fight. The pink blob can mimic any attack after seeing it once. Not only the kamehameha, but Gotenks moves as well. He's kind of an idiot savant when it comes to beating the poo poo out of people. Winning against him in a tournament style setting would also be trouble. If you can't kill your opponent, you're never going to get rid of Buu. Looks like Zeno is ok with killing though, and doesn't want ring outs either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Flubby posted:

Does he even have fur? I always imagined him as being like one of those bald cats.
About Buu, if I remember right he's not supposed to be just annoyingly unkillable (able to regenerate out of the smoke cloud that got left behind when he got blasted into oblivion at one point, ffs), but he's supposed to be a fighting genius. I think SS3 Goku remarked that he thought he was just a big overpowered dummy, but it turns out he really knows how to fight. The pink blob can mimic any attack after seeing it once. Not only the kamehameha, but Gotenks moves as well. He's kind of an idiot savant when it comes to beating the poo poo out of people. Winning against him in a tournament style setting would also be trouble. If you can't kill your opponent, you're never going to get rid of Buu. Looks like Zeno is ok with killing though, and doesn't want ring outs either.

even if you're allowed to kill your opponent it's pretty hard to beat Buu unless you're pulling out some insane desperation ki blast stuff. and even then you've got to get lucky

like I doubt Hit would be able to kill Buu using any of the methods he's used to killing people with

• Locked thread