Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Hidari's working on the next FE so it's good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

I'm making this post while making GBS threads in my toilet and in less then two weeks I can do this while playing Zelda :holymoley:

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Mahoning posted:

The Legend of Fire Emblem: Breasts of the Child

who is that on the bottom anyway

i feel like twitter would have used this screenshot extensively when talking about fire emblem censorship

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Cojawfee posted:

When Nintendo drops the price to 250 dollars, what game will you guys decide to download for free?

Nintendo Switch Ambassador Pass

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Takoluka posted:

who is that on the bottom anyway

i feel like twitter would have used this screenshot extensively when talking about fire emblem censorship

It's probably Corrin in one of the costumes you can buy

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I can't wait for Advance Wars Switch

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

PerrineClostermann posted:

Yeah, but what will it be called? I'm guessing Advance Wars: Strategy Switch

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

Cojawfee posted:

Yeah, but what will it be called? I'm guessing Advance Wars: Strategy Switch

Probably Fire Emblem Something, I'd guess

Vookatos
May 2, 2013
Wait, did something happen to Bomberman during the last week? And did 1-2 Switch get better? I'm getting really confused and it seems last few pages people just switched (heh) their opinions on those titles without much to go on.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Vookatos posted:

Wait, did something happen to Bomberman during the last week? And did 1-2 Switch get better? I'm getting really confused and it seems last few pages people just switched (heh) their opinions on those titles without much to go on.

There are some early impressions of Bomberman that it doesn't run very well and the AI is terrible.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Motto posted:

Hidari's working on the next FE so it's good

Echoes looks like a neat game but I hope they don't make the remake completely 1:1 because doing something close to that really hosed them with Shadow Dragon

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

It would be called Switch Wars.

Anyway as to the 12switch v Bomberman questions.

12switch is a dollar bag of chips at a gas station overpriced.

Bomberman is sushi made a day ago at the local grocer.

Bonus here's my dog home alone for the first time to add value to my post.

https://youtu.be/0yAgi0uejnI

Upsidads fucked around with this message at 17:14 on Feb 19, 2017

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1345524

Literally the biggest battery they could fit in there.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think people were always on board with 1-2-Switch, the price tag just seems to be too much. Aside from some weirdos who think some nice box art will save the game, goons haven't been very interested in Bomberman. With recent videos of 1-2-Switch showing some of the games are pretty interesting (for at least one play through), and bomberman still looking like rear end, goons seem to be gravitating towards 1-2-Switch. I'd prefer 1-2-Switch but I won't buy either because they both look bad in different ways. I could probably play 1-2-Switch with my family a couple times but then I'd be bored and that's a waste of 50 bucks. I'd never want to play Bomberman because it just looks boring and it is also ugly as hell.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Another early Switch leak: this time one got gutted so we can all look at its insides. Right now rumors are swirling that the designation on the nvidia chip makes it a custom pascal chip for Nintendo

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

TheKingofSprings posted:

Echoes looks like a neat game but I hope they don't make the remake completely 1:1 because doing something close to that really hosed them with Shadow Dragon

FE11 and 12 nearly sank the series so I'd expect not.

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Ometeotl posted:

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1345524

Literally the biggest battery they could fit in there.

Just like the Note 7!

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Motto posted:

FE11 and 12 nearly sank the series so I'd expect not.

The art alone compared to those games is an order of magnitude better so I have a reasonable amount of faith (and 12 was pretty good afaik, most of the problems were with 11).

RVWinkle
Aug 24, 2004

In relating the circumstances which have led to my confinement within this refuge for the demented, I am aware that my present position will create a natural doubt of the authenticity of my narrative.
Nap Ghost

Mahoning posted:

Can people stop pretending that Zelda isn't a Switch exclusive? Like 2 or 3 dozen people own a Wii U. It might as well not even exist.

Hey listen up you jerk, the Wii U outsold the Game Gear.
http://www.vgchartz.com/analysis/platform_totals/

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

TheKingofSprings posted:

Seems like its a pretty close remake. Hoping we get announcement of GC VC FE titles soon, and then we have the first switch title coming next year. I am totally on board with regular FE updates.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Nephzinho posted:

Seems like its a pretty close remake. Hoping we get announcement of GC VC FE titles soon, and then we have the first switch title coming next year. I am totally on board with regular FE updates.

Honestly a bit worried they'll overestimate demand and end up oversaturating. I like FE but that is a ton of games coming out for it in the next year and a half.

And Fates just burned me right out by Revelations so I know there's a limit to how much FE I can take.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
So the switch is about 45% battery.

Jebediah
Oct 7, 2009
Grimey Drawer
Just watched that 90min IGN of BotW gameplay. My wife is going to wonder why I'm pooping for so long.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

TheKingofSprings posted:

Honestly a bit worried they'll overestimate demand and end up oversaturating. I like FE but that is a ton of games coming out for it in the next year and a half.

And Fates just burned me right out by Revelations so I know there's a limit to how much FE I can take.

I am going to probably play Revelations in the fall before Mario. I planned on spacing Fates out like 3 separate games to avoid burnout.

Vookatos
May 2, 2013

Cojawfee posted:

I think people were always on board with 1-2-Switch, the price tag just seems to be too much. Aside from some weirdos who think some nice box art will save the game, goons haven't been very interested in Bomberman. With recent videos of 1-2-Switch showing some of the games are pretty interesting (for at least one play through), and bomberman still looking like rear end, goons seem to be gravitating towards 1-2-Switch. I'd prefer 1-2-Switch but I won't buy either because they both look bad in different ways. I could probably play 1-2-Switch with my family a couple times but then I'd be bored and that's a waste of 50 bucks. I'd never want to play Bomberman because it just looks boring and it is also ugly as hell.

Ah, thank you. I was thinking Konami decided to be dicks again and did something insane again. Still, what a shame. I didn't really check out any footage of the new Bomberman, but I had high hopes for it.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

PerrineClostermann posted:

It's going to be Advance Wars Generations and you'll make tanks gently caress to make newer, better tanks.

You will also pet your tanks

E: I just replayed through both dual strike on wiiu VC and Days on my 3DS and in a perfect world the next game would be just days of ruin 2, with maybe a bit more of a push to aggressive units and a little less attrition. I especially like Days' naval combat what with the battleships being able to move and shoot and the gunboats being heavily skewed towards offense.

The Duchess Smackarse fucked around with this message at 17:24 on Feb 19, 2017

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Can I marry a tank from the future

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.

Jimmy Hats posted:

It's going to be Advance Wars Generations and you'll make tanks gently caress to make newer, better tanks.

You will also pet your tanks

Wow, can't believe they ripped off Kantai Collection

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Such a huge battery and yet the battery life is still so poo poo.

Maybe don't make the system so powerful next time, Ninty.

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

Wow, can't believe they ripped off Kantai Collection

T32 is mai tankfu, do not steal

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Pureauthor posted:

In this subforum I can't even tell what's a joke anymore

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

the switch euwi

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
The 12 days to Switchmas begin now.

Hammer Bro.
Jul 7, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Vookatos posted:

Ah, thank you. I was thinking Konami decided to be dicks again and did something insane again. Still, what a shame. I didn't really check out any footage of the new Bomberman, but I had high hopes for it.

The most damning thing in my opinion is how lazy it looks -- the only thing that makes me feel like the creators were invested in it is its 2D art.

In other news, I'm just now hearing about the Fast [x] series thanks to previous references to Fast RMX, and that looks totally up my alley. Thanks, thread!

(Jeez, was F-Zero GX really the last console F-Zero? I played the poop out of that game way back when and I'm starting to get a craving. Time to head to the toilet... without a Switch.)

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

LethalGeek posted:

In this subforum I can't even tell what's a joke anymore

I have never been shy about expressing my belief that 3 hours is terrible for a portable system's battery life.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Mahoning posted:

Can people stop pretending that Zelda isn't a Switch exclusive? Like 2 or 3 dozen people own a Wii U. It might as well not even exist.

more people own a wii u than will own a switch

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Pureauthor posted:

I have never been shy about expressing my belief that 3 hours is terrible for a portable system's battery life.

Luckily, it's a home console with portability options, so it cannot be held to the same standards!!!!

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Pureauthor posted:

Now that I know this isn't a joke I'm gonna quote it so I can laugh!

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Who is gonna play their portable console for 6 straight hours without charger access

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Better question.

Who is going to buy a gooseneck mount and play their switch in bed in the most hedonistic, lazy manner possible?

• Locked thread