Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Raenir Salazar posted:

Why can't YunYun join the party. :(

Because she already has her own party, with lots of friends, because she's beloved and popular, unlike poor Megumin who doesn't have a party at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It

Zettace posted:

"chunchun" is the Japanese onomatopoeia for a small bird chirping. So it's basically the "chirp-chirp" blade.
That's a great name for such a short sword.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Behold the little Twitter blade.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

https://twitter.com/crunchyroll/status/833147204353220609

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Arghh those are pretty neat. I'm not one to buy merchandise and even I like them.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Nendos are powerful.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Wait they're getting another pair of Nendos already?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Dunno if they're just the previous ones at a stage closer to release or not.
Apparently there's a prototype image of a Darkness Nendo from this year so there's definitely that one which is new.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Aqua nendo has already been released a while ago. Megumin nendo is in preorder now. Im guessing crunchy is at a con and the nendos were there.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Maybe pink mohawk guy will be next.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Oh, Wonder Festival is going on now!

Click on that cr_wf2017w hashtag on the tweet because there are a Lot of good nendos and upcoming plans for figmas.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Alpha Kenny Juan posted:

Aqua nendo has already been released a while ago. Megumin nendo is in preorder now. Im guessing crunchy is at a con and the nendos were there.

Ah, so basically, just showing what you can get now and what you can get soon.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Yes indeed wonfes happened

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Nice.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

El Burbo posted:

Yes indeed wonfes happened

Wowzers.

I want all three, with a mini-kotatsu Kazuma to complete the set.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I got my Aqua, have Megumin pre-ordered, and whether I buy Darkness depends on what expressions she comes with, I guess.

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

Hate-Senpai posted:

I got my Aqua, have Megumin pre-ordered, and whether I buy Darkness depends on what expressions she comes with, I guess.

And if she comes with a mask face?

Also, what's the story with your avatar? I'm curious.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

AfroSquirrel posted:

And if she comes with a mask face?

Also, what's the story with your avatar? I'm curious.

It's a combination of several factors.

It's based off this image.

Argas posted:

Now that Sachiko has two SSRs, I feel it is appropriate to post this.

My good friend Can't Elope from the idol thread made it for me.

The character is Koizumi Sachiko from iDOLM@STER Cinderella Girls. Her gimmick is that she proclaims herself the cutest. She refers to herself as Kawai Boku, which has been translated as Cute Me / My Cute Self.

The thing she's doing is a Korean meme.

quote:

According to The Bangkok Post, "Gwiyomi" or "Kiyomi" is Korean slang used to refer to a cute person.[8] The lyrics of the song can be interpreted as "1 + 1 = Cutie, 2 + 2 = Cutie", etc.[8]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ptZ1wo3JsPc

Only in the picture, Gwiyomi has been replaced with Kawaii Boku.

And then the transcending thing is from a fancomic featuring Sachiko.

This panel in particular.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Basically a long and convoluted way of saying it was a cute picture so I turned it into my avatar and gave it an inside joke text that only people in the idol thread would be familiar with.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Shinjobi posted:

Wowzers.

I want all three, with a mini-kotatsu Kazuma to complete the set.

i can't decide if i like or hate the fact that kazuma never gets any merch

he's the best character but it's also very konosuba to have him left out like that

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I'll buy the Kazuma Kotatsu figure if it comes with a detachable Chomusuke on top.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

I want a chomusuke plush.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Kazuma will probably get a nendoroid

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Hate-Senpai posted:

I'll buy the Kazuma Kotatsu figure if it comes with a detachable Chomusuke on top.

I didn't think the concept of a Kazuma Kotatsu figure could be improved, yet here I am in awe. Well done.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

Hate-Senpai posted:

Basically a long and convoluted way of saying it was a cute picture so I turned it into my avatar and gave it an inside joke text that only people in the idol thread would be familiar with.

I think this is the third thread we both post in that you've had to explain this joke and I want to apologize for being one of the ones asking.

I appreciate being in on the joke though, that is quite funny.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Shinjobi posted:

I didn't think the concept of a Kazuma Kotatsu figure could be improved, yet here I am in awe. Well done.

Chomusuke is super cute.

Mordaedil posted:

I think this is the third thread we both post in that you've had to explain this joke and I want to apologize for being one of the ones asking.

I appreciate being in on the joke though, that is quite funny.

I'm never too tired to post about anime idols.

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe
Holy poo poo that ending of the latest ep. The smirk was perfect

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Hate-Senpai posted:

Darkness is a very good girl who did nothing wrong but lots of things right and deserves to be with her two friends on your hobby collectables shelf regardless of her expressions imo.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I haven't even unboxed Aqua yet, to be honest.

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

Hate-Senpai posted:

I haven't even unboxed Aqua yet, to be honest.

She's great, I have avatar state Korra and demon Rem right now chasing her down in a panic.

I highly doubt Kazuma or Subaru from re zero will ever get a nendoroid since orange Rouge line mostly caters to fujoshi and shounen, but eh they made Sora from NGNL as a packed in figure so maybe they'll make Kazuma to move a light novel in a pack.

C-SPAN Caller fucked around with this message at 11:41 on Feb 20, 2017

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
I missed my chance at getting Aqua, but that was because I was hoping for a Megumin. Now I pre-ordered Megumin and I plan to get Darkness, what are my chances at getting a re-release of Aqua?

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

Mordaedil posted:

I missed my chance at getting Aqua, but that was because I was hoping for a Megumin. Now I pre-ordered Megumin and I plan to get Darkness, what are my chances at getting a re-release of Aqua?

Nendoroid reruns are rare ish so it'll depend how popular Konosuba stays. Your best bet is adding her to figinstock and getting a second hand one from amiami or mandarake since a rerun won't happen for a year or two if it does, since you had about a two month window after her release in November to still get her, meaning she didn't sell super amazingly.

For reference, Kirito has had several reruns and still sells out pre orders months before his release, and Rem on her first run ran out of pre orders months in advance too and even had an increased demand production run.

Megumin will probably get a re release before Aqua since she's the most popular character.

C-SPAN Caller fucked around with this message at 13:58 on Feb 20, 2017

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
The figurine world space is such an oddity. We'll never get a Kazuma figure, even though he's a character with personality rather than just an audience stand-in, Overlord got Ainz made and No Game No Life had essentially only Shiro figurines, ignoring her co-dependency on her brother. At least nendoroids got that right.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
don't shows with fujo appeal get male figurines?

Slime
Jan 3, 2007
If the Megumin figure isn't just a block of C4 shaped and painted I will be sorely disappointed.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Gotta get a bunch of various kinds of these for your Megumin needs
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00O1F8A5W/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pd_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=794HQ4ZOVX7G&coliid=I2W1G2R4RPW1ZW

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Slime posted:

If the Megumin figure isn't just a block of C4 shaped and painted I will be sorely disappointed.

Don't be ridiculous! It also needs to be voice activated by the word, "Explosion!".

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

don't shows with fujo appeal get male figurines?

Wonfes had a pair of figurines from Free! Eternal Summer and they are ab-tacular, so there is some truth to that.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

There Bias Two posted:

Don't be ridiculous! It also needs to be voice activated by the word, a long chuuni incantation followed by "Explosion!".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

A few isekai shows already got nendoroids so Kazuma and Subaru are possibilities but they'll probably be tied to a spin off novel to increase sales in a bundle. They'll never get scale figures though since only fujoshi bait get that.

Subaru has nendoroid more art of him made but Kazuma doesn't, so I would wager Subaru is more likely.

Still infuriating though because it's not a full party without Kazuma. Not to mention a billion nendoroid kotatsu exist.