Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
LORD COMMANDER OF THE UKRAINIAN ARMED FORCES
every time i think of the American left i think of grover or elmo spazzing out and flailing their arms around

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.

Professor SJW posted:

kjoery you're a prtty cool dude i'm going to let you into the liberal doomsday bunker i'm building on my grandpa's ranch

I hope the doors are as unhinged as the occupants :boom:

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:

Paladinus posted:

Let's meet in the middle. Trump is cool, but not good.

he's too whiney and needs attention too badly to be cool

crime weed
Nov 9, 2009

Zippy the Bummer posted:

every time i think of the American left i think of grover or elmo spazzing out and flailing their arms around
we, the hivemind collective that is the left, have moved past the elmo stage of grief. gotta keep with the (failing new york) times dude

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Professor SJW posted:

So good, but not cool?

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

Toadvine posted:

I hope the doors are as unhinged as the occupants :boom:

sorry man it'll be built by good ol liberal union bunker builders

Zippy the Bummer posted:

every time i think of the american right i think of this

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Zippy the Bummer posted:

i can't hear you because there is a banana in my ear

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

Paladinus posted:

So good, but not cool?

you're almost theere. keep working it out

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Professor SJW posted:

you're almost theere. keep working it out

Gool, but not cood? This doesn't make sense, man!

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.
nah you got it right with cool and good

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

Paladinus posted:

Gool, but not cood? This doesn't make sense, man!

bad and poopy :shrek:

edit: or peepee -- why isn't there a golden shower smiley?

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

Professor SJW posted:

sorry man it'll be built by good ol liberal union bunker builders

Oh so it'll never be built because they'll always be on break waiting on the proper "permit fees" to be paid in cash.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

sexpot posted:

Trump got a bunch of civilians killed and hosed some U.S. citizens with a travel ban which seems pretty extreme for a first month

It's ironically similar to Bulgogi's claim about Hillary's hawkishness, you see

oh no you're right i thought you were actually agreeing with him.

Kjoery posted:

this mean name calling from the left is extremely offensive. all i wanted to do is call feminists retards on the internet and all i get in response is all this hate! this is why trump got elected you idiot

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/02/18/opinion/sunday/are-liberals-helping-trump.html

sexpot
Nov 12, 2016

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Groovelord Neato posted:

oh no you're right i thought you were actually agreeing with him.

Nah I really dislike double-standards, especially when they're being trotted out by spite voters like every pro-Trump person in this thread

sexpot
Nov 12, 2016

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Paladinus posted:

Let's meet in the middle. Trump is cool, but not good.

Trump is cool when he's mocking people with disabilities but that's about it

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We

Professor SJW posted:

arent you one of the posters who thinks that is a good thing?

not really but i do catch the funnies every time i think you're the one living in the country that elected president fart and that's a great thing for me personally

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

sexpot posted:

Trump is cool when he's mocking people with disabilities but that's about it

I don't think Jeb has a disablity. He's just a Bush.

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

Bulgogi Hoagie posted:

not really but i do catch the funnies every time i think you're the one living in the country that elected president fart and that's a great thing for me personally

you will get nuked too you know. everyone gettin nuked

sexpot
Nov 12, 2016

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Paladinus posted:

I don't think Jeb has a disablity. He's just a Bush.

Low T? Hello?

crime weed
Nov 9, 2009
the problem with this narrative is that, during the election, there was an equally screechy conservative movement based around righteous indignation that was milked for clicks by opportunistic garbage media and youtubers devoid of intellectual honesty. so you had the rainbow haired shadow of the sjw on one side, and the smug animal avatars wearing pixel shades on the other, and they both just fukken fed off each other growing larger and schreechier in each iteration

on the other hand, outside of the shitshow that is the internet, political polarization is a big problem. republicans and demos want to gouge out each others eyes, and they both blame each other for this polarization, when, in reality, its mostly just Fox news' fault (uhoh, a definitive opinion that isn't "everyone's a little at fault")

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

sexpot posted:

Low T? Hello?

I was wrong, it was actually Ted Cruz.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M4604reEqk0

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We

Professor SJW posted:

you will get nuked too you know. everyone gettin nuked

jokes on you, i'm a transpecies cockroach

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

its not even the name calling or the hostility its the unwillingness to see a different perspective and the handwaving away of the entirety of the midwest whose electorate lost them the election. most of the liberal leaning and moderate people i know voted for trump because like hell we were going to vote for a political establishment openly telling us we don't matter

also i have been blocked on twitter by an absurd amount of liberals because i presented level headed criticism of their arguments that show a clear fantasy view of how the rest of the country operates. conservatives usually just immediately betray whatever bigotry they hold and/or call you an idiot. there is a very clear difference in behavior between how the two groups operate online even though both are screamy preachy morons

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

You'd think these special snowflake libtard commies would have learned by now that you can't win an election with name calling.

sexpot
Nov 12, 2016

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Paladinus posted:

I was wrong, it was actually Ted Cruz.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M4604reEqk0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EbTcHpPDCu8

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

nigga crab pollock posted:

its not even the name calling or the hostility its the unwillingness to see a different perspective and the handwaving away of the entirety of the midwest whose electorate lost them the election.

their perspective is bad i hate to break it to you and they voted for a guy that's going to make it a lot worse for them.

it was more the dems running a lovely candidate who didn't get people fired up (trump won due to depressed dem turnout, not switching voters).

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Groovelord Neato posted:

their perspective is bad i hate to break it to you and they voted for a guy that's going to make it a lot worse for them.

:ironicat:

old fat bird
Oct 27, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I read an article that said university students, particularly 8 year ones versus 4 years have such insular ways of teaching in university and are only exposed to one type of political dichotomy most of them literally cannot and do not want to fathom life from another persons perspective. Since that person didn't have the same prestigious education the entire notion that there are other opinions is completely disregarded like what's perfectly displayed above. The problem with living in your own narrative is you still have to share the world with everyone else, the poor dumb people you look down your nose at thou aren't taking anti-depressants and Literally Shaking over everything the president does and their outrage was way more fabricated when Obama won - than what the left is drumming up for what was ultimately one of the worst campaigns ever run. She made Mitt Romney look like god drat Mister Rogers.

old fat bird fucked around with this message at 19:59 on Feb 19, 2017

old fat bird
Oct 27, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Professor SJW posted:

it sounds like you guys have a lot in common actually

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Groovelord Neato posted:

it was more the dems running a lovely candidate who didn't get people fired up (trump won due to depressed dem turnout, not switching voters).

poster Groovelord Neato with his incredibly detailed and nuanced understanding of the profoundly massive and complex American political machine.

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

old fat bird posted:

I read an article that said university students, particularly 8 year ones versus 4 years have such insular ways of teaching in university and are only exposed to one type of political dichotomy most of them literally cannot and do not want to fathom life from another persons perspective. Since that person didn't have the same prestigious education the entire notion that their are other opinions is completely disregarded like what's perfectly displayed above. The problem with living in your own narrative is you still have to share the world with everyone else, the poor dumb people you look down your nose at thou aren't taking anti-depressants and Literally Shaking over everything the president does and their outrage was way more fabricated when Obama won - than what the left is drumming up for what was ultimately one of the worst campaigns ever run. She made Mitt Romney look like god drat Mister Rogers.

That must have been some article

It did to you what it claims takes years of college to acheive - establish its poinymt of view as the only one you know

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

old fat bird posted:

I read an article that said university students, particularly 8 year ones versus 4 years have such insular ways of teaching in university and are only exposed to one type of political dichotomy most of them literally cannot and do not want to fathom life from another persons perspective. Since that person didn't have the same prestigious education the entire notion that there are other opinions is completely disregarded like what's perfectly displayed above. The problem with living in your own narrative is you still have to share the world with everyone else, the poor dumb people you look down your nose at thou aren't taking anti-depressants and Literally Shaking over everything the president does and their outrage was way more fabricated when Obama won - than what the left is drumming up for what was ultimately one of the worst campaigns ever run. She made Mitt Romney look like god drat Mister Rogers.

shut up

sexpot
Nov 12, 2016

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

old fat bird
Oct 27, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I mean, they can if it's a perceived sociopolitical underdog they can convince themselves they somehow identify with their struggles on some surface level, despite being straight, white, cis people just like the ones they're protesting against. But that's mainly to reinforce their victim mentality which justifies perceived victories and hand waves complete bungles - like the 2016 election :D

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

you don't know what irony is.

fyodor posted:

poster Groovelord Neato with his incredibly detailed and nuanced understanding of the profoundly massive and complex American political machine.

it's difficult to look at voter numbers over a bunch of elections.

old fat bird
Oct 27, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
When Mitt Romeny said 47% of the country was water trash it was sign of his complete disconnect from the common man, when Hillary said "Half Of Population Of U.S. Are “Irrational” “Functional Illiterates”, Including Sanders Supporters" that was just Our Girl Telling It Like It IS :D

STUPID TRUMPTARDS, REEEEEEE

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

I don't understand the argument that colleges are "liberal brainwashing institutions". None of my classes really seemed to lean one way or another on the political scale and most if not all of the political preaching is coming from other students. And also the random crazy old people that show up and yell at students. But to be fair I'm a STEM major at the racist bakesale university so :shrug:. Is it not like this in other places?

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

old fat bird posted:

When Mitt Romeny said 47% of the country was water trash it was sign of his complete disconnect from the common man, when Hillary said "Half Of Population Of U.S. Are “Irrational” “Functional Illiterates”, Including Sanders Supporters" that was just Our Girl Telling It Like It IS :D

STUPID TRUMPTARDS, REEEEEEE

she didn't say that. she sucked but don't be a moron.

GORILLA BASTARD
Jun 20, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
THANKS OBAMA!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Xun posted:

I don't understand the argument that colleges are "liberal brainwashing institutions". None of my classes really seemed to lean one way or another on the political scale and most if not all of the political preaching is coming from other students. And also the random crazy old people that show up and yell at students. But to be fair I'm a STEM major at the racist bakesale university so :shrug:. Is it not like this in other places?

INT. DAY. A LECTURE HALL ON A COLLEGE CAMPUS.

PROFESSOR: So if you'll refer to pages 2 to 2,000,000,000 of your textbook you'll see the well-documented evidence of man-induced global climate change.

COLLEGE REPUBLICAN: Liberal lies!!!!!!! This college is a breeding ground for liberal propaganda! Also, I exist here on campus so that's weird!

• Locked thread